Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (528) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2305586 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (1093) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kennyliza: 6:19pm On Jun 27, 2022
Femlek:
Application : May 11, 2022
Biometric : May 17, 2022

BVL : June 22 , 2022
PPR : June 22 , 2022

I thank Jehovah �

I am going for a conference (paid) next month in Montreal... Pls if there is anyone going for same conference in Montreal should pls mail me or drop his or her mail let's connect. Thanks

My Email: femirex57@yahoo.com

Congratulations!!...that was super fast...what document did you submit please or what did you do differently that can assist us waiting since March 2022
Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Femlek: 6:49pm On Jun 27, 2022
pufframmy:
Congratulations
Can u Please Share Documents Submitted so it can help others too

# invitation letter
# scholarship letter
# account statement
# land documents
# letter from work
# travel history (stamp page)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 10:36pm On Jun 27, 2022
My spouse applied for a visitor visa last December with the hope to visit Canada March 2022.

The travel date has passed but no decision yet. Want to know if she needs to send a need hotel booking and detailed letter to explain that she still like to travel in September or October 2022.

Please what does she needs to do concerning this application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tempzi: 11:12pm On Jun 27, 2022
Ashirioluwa:
My spouse applied for a visitor visa last December with the hope to visit Canada March 2022.

The travel date has passed but no decision yet. Want to know if she needs to send a need hotel booking and detailed letter to explain that she still like to travel in September or October 2022.

Please what does she needs to do concerning this application?

They give priority for visitors visa based on purpose of travel, application package and all that

You can use the new portal to re apply who knows. If no one is sending your spouse an invitation which is detailed it could be tough.

Try using the SOWP if a VV is taking too long.

Cheers
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 1:10am On Jun 28, 2022
tempzi:

They give priority for visitors visa based on purpose of travel, application package and all that

You can use the new portal to re apply who knows. If no one is sending your spouse an invitation which is detailed it could be tough.

Try using the SOWP if a VV is taking too long.

Cheers
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jogojogo: 1:12am On Jun 28, 2022
I observed that approval for spouse visitor's visa has slowed down completely.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jogojogo: 2:21am On Jun 28, 2022
My cousin applied for study Visa using the old portal and got refused after six week.
We reapplied about three months ago. Upfront medical has been done and eligiblity review started over a month. Nothing more.
Can we reapply through the new portal?
Is it allowed?
Do they approve request through the old portal please

Is medical required for minor below 10 years?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by daks02: 5:38am On Jun 28, 2022
Hello, please when you applied, did you select Nigeria as country of residence?

ijeshaprincess:
Passport recieved with 4 years Visa

Submitted :21st January 2022
Biometrics: 2018
PPR: 8th June.
Sent ppt to VFS London as I have been in the UK since April.
Paid transmission fee of £16.15
Courier fee £20.35

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chekz169: 6:59am On Jun 28, 2022
How were you able to reach the MP? Can u help me with the email/link
tempzi:
Hello Guys,

PPR dropped last week for visitors visa to attend a conference next month.

Submitted application online: 1st February 2022

Biometrics: 7th February 2022

Documents submitted:

1.Letter of invitation for the conference I plan to attend.

2. Confirmation receipt of payment for conference fee

3. Employment letters from the two hospitals I work with. Medical Doctor.

4. My bank statements of 4months with closing balance, then added my nephew's bank statement too and a reference letter from his bank stating his capable of sponsoring me to support mine (cos I no wan hear story).

5. Proof of Car ownership and insurance.

6. Travel history visa stamps ( Ukraine, turkey, UAE, Ethiopia,) then Mexico visa which I didn't go.....had to explain the reason in my SOP

7. A strong letter explaining my purpose for travel.

8. Accommodation Reservation confirmation

9. Flight ticket reservation only( round trip)

Been also corresponding with MP who told me my application is in Nairobi and it looks good from the agent he spoke with then few days after sending them an appeal emails PPR just dropped.

I did everything myself, first time application.

It will surely end in praise for everyone expecting.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tempzi: 7:29am On Jun 28, 2022
jogojogo:
My cousin applied for study Visa using the old portal and got refused after six week.
We reapplied about three months ago. Upfront medical has been done and eligiblity review started over a month. Nothing more.
Can we reapply through the new portal?
Is it allowed?
Do they approve request through the old portal please

Is medical required for minor below 10 years?

As far as I know nothing special about using the new portal in terms of faster processing, they approve applications for old and new portal.

Yes, medicals is required even for a neonate so long he/she was included in the application.

Depending on how close your cousin school is resuming, what he/she can do is to send emails to their office, raise web forms or contact MP / Gcms note to know what's going on.

Cheers
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tempzi: 7:31am On Jun 28, 2022
chekz169:
How were you able to reach the MP? Can u help me with the email/link

It depends on the province you are going to.

I contacted the office of MP in Montreal.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by modupemomo: 9:13am On Jun 28, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I want to appreciate this forum first of all. I understand that everytime someone asks for an intermediary who can help with the process of relocation to Canada, the usual response is for the person to look through this thread and do it themselves.

It is imperative to note that all of us dont have the same tenacity to do undertake the process ourselves for different reasons. Some of us are so swamped with the travails of life that it is almost impossible to do the processing ourselves. I personally know that I may give up halfway but having guidance will spur me to action. Knowing yourself is equally important so as not to solely embark on a project that will frustrate you in the end.

I know of some people who did it themselves and failed to secure a Canadian visa after rigorous processes. This would seriously be debilitating for some of us and can lead to depression if one is not resilient.

My point is if anyone knows of any reputable and reliable intermediary (I am trying hard not to use the word "agent"wink, please avail us of their contact. Someone who knows the process through and through with integrity.

My goal is to be in Canada in 6 months while I continue to work hard here before then. I do not know whether to go the study route or Express Entry. There is no one size fits all and I dont want to get it wrong. I do know guidance is paramount.

If you can help, it is myself and three children. Please let's confer via email : sarahsamdona@yahoo.com

God bless you all for your input.

Regards
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chekz169: 10:43am On Jun 28, 2022
I’m also going to Montreal
tempzi:

It depends on the province you are going to.

I contacted the office of MP in Montreal.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DianneM: 10:48am On Jun 28, 2022
Hello Modupe, there are many intermediaries licensed by IRCC that you can use. Try todunconsulting via instagram (also check ircc website for more licensed nigerian organisations); however keep an open mind as they do not offer any guarantees as regards timeframe of an approval of your application.

There are no special spots reserved for agents/intermediaries; licensed or otherwise. In addition, their consultation/professional costs are unreasonably expensive. This is why most people would rather do their research and apply themselves and hope for a positive outcome within the shortest timeframe. The reason you'd be referred to earlier posts is because in all honesty, everyone is busy.

Everyone is motivated by something, so I'd encourage you to find the time for it. This platform has great people who would respond to your enquiries and offer advice et all but of course, you must do your own research as we are all novices who have had and share our good and not so good experiences with IRCC.

I wish you all the best in the route you choose to follow.
Warm regards

modupemomo:
Hello Everyone,

I want to appreciate this forum first of all. I understand that everytime someone asks for an intermediary who can help with the process of relocation to Canada, the usual response is for the person to look through this thread and do it themselves.

It is imperative to note that all of us dont have the same tenacity to do undertake the process ourselves for different reasons. Some of us are so swamped with the travails of life that it is almost impossible to do the processing ourselves. I personally know that I may give up halfway but having guidance will spur me to action. Knowing yourself is equally important so as not to solely embark on a project that will frustrate you in the end.

I know of some people who did it themselves and failed to secure a Canadian visa after rigorous processes. This would seriously be debilitating for some of us and can lead to depression if one is not resilient.

My point is if anyone knows of any reputable and reliable intermediary (I am trying hard not to use the word "agent"wink, please avail us of their contact. Someone who knows the process through and through with integrity.

My goal is to be in Canada in 6 months while I continue to work hard here before then. I do not know whether to go the study route or Express Entry. There is no one size fits all and I dont want to get it wrong. I do know guidance is paramount.

If you can help, it is myself and three children. Please let's confer via email : sarahsamdona@yahoo.com

God bless you all for your input.

Regards

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by modupemomo: 10:53am On Jun 28, 2022
Thanks a lot for your response.

I will commence self-assessment. You are very appreciated.

Regards

DianneM:
Hello Modupe, there are many intermediaries licensed by IRCC that you can use. Try todunconsulting via instagram (also check ircc website for more licensed nigerian organisations); however keep an open mind as they do not offer any guarantees as regards timeframe of an approval of your application.

There are no special spots reserved for agents/intermediaries; licensed or otherwise. In addition, their consultation/professional costs are unreasonably expensive. This is why most people would rather do their research and apply themselves and hope for a positive outcome within the shortest timeframe. The reason you'd be referred to earlier posts is because in all honesty, everyone is busy.

Everyone is motivated by something, so I'd encourage you to find the time for it. This platform has great people who would respond to your enquiries and offer advice et all but of course, you must do your own research as we are all novices who have had and share our good and not so good experiences with IRCC.

I wish you all the best in the route you choose to follow.
Warm regards

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tempzi: 11:56am On Jun 28, 2022
modupemomo:
Thanks a lot for your response.

I will commence self-assessment. You are very appreciated.

Regards

No worries, you will get help/guidance from this platform whichever ways

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tempzi: 11:57am On Jun 28, 2022
chekz169:
I’m also going to Montreal

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chekz169: 1:44pm On Jun 28, 2022
tempzi:

send me a mail

I just sent u an email request
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ijeshaprincess: 3:09pm On Jun 28, 2022
daks02:
Hello, please when you applied, did you select Nigeria as country of residence?

Yes. And Nigerian statements of account. And I was in Nigeria, I was supposed to go for Easter in Canada and only came to UK because Canada was being slow.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by paragon4b: 5:04pm On Jun 28, 2022
Hello My people,

I submitted a Canadian family visiting application since 2020 October and Biometrics completed November 2020 as can be seen in this screenshot, but since then I have not heard from them.

Please what do you advise I should do?

And if I should send them email messages, what and how should the contents of the Messages look like?

Please, help.

I don wait tire!

The screenshot shows the current status of the application

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tempzi: 5:36pm On Jun 28, 2022
paragon4b:
Hello My people,

I submitted a Canadian family visiting application since 2020 October and Biometrics completed November 2020 as can be seen in this screenshot, but since then I have not heard from them.

Please what do you advise I should do?

And if I should send them email messages, what and how should the contents of the Messages look like?

Please, help.

I don wait tire!

The screenshot shows the current status of the application

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by phyla(m): 6:12pm On Jun 28, 2022
The God of PPR,please touch the hearts of VO's and grant us quick and good final decisions oo
This wait is tiring, another month is almost gone

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by modupemomo: 6:19pm On Jun 28, 2022
Thanks a lot.

tempzi:

No worries, you will get help/guidance from this platform whichever ways

All the best
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Karmora(f): 9:03pm On Jun 28, 2022
tempzi:

1. Order for GCMS note

2. Bombard them with emails and webforms ( explain your situation and how long you have been waiting, if it's urgent tell them... that's if your purpose of visit is still vaild

3. Re apply using the new portal

4. Contact MP

So, those are your options

Cheers

Hello tempzi please I applied for a visit visa in October 2021 with no response until now and I thought of getting GCMS
my contact in Canada that’s supposed to help me with GCMS has some reservations this “ I chose this option but if I fill ur details i have to put my own address and it doesn’t correspond with the details ircc already has abt me because i have done it before for my pr application”

Please how do you advise she goes about it please anyone can also help us out.
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tempzi: 7:25am On Jun 29, 2022
Karmora:

Hello tempzi please I applied for a visit visa in October 2021 with no response until now and I thought of getting GCMS
my contact in Canada that’s supposed to help me with GCMS has some reservations this “ I chose this option but if I fill ur details i have to put my own address and it doesn’t correspond with the details ircc already has abt me because i have done it before for my pr application”

Thanks

Good morning,

You can look for someone else you know in Canada who would be willing to help you.

Alternatively, there's an option of applying for it online but they charge a lil higher
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ikiloba: 11:14am On Jun 29, 2022
You can use a third party online agents or firm . Just check previous pages you would see some website links on gcms notes.
Karmora:

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by rockachic: 8:57pm On Jun 29, 2022
Thank you so much
ijeshaprincess:

The balance in the business account was around 1M but transactions in and out for 3 months period was around 11.5M.
Balance in savings account was 1.9M,transactions in and out for the 3months period was around 4M.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by LollyPolly: 5:12am On Jul 01, 2022
Good morning House,

Please i need your advise. I submitted my Vistors visa application march 11th 2022,
Biometric March 16th 2022.

I planned to travel June 21 to visit my friend . Filled the web form June 10th because nothing was moving. I just got a mail today to resubmit the webform with more information .

My question is , my intended date of travel has passed. Should submit new dates of travel, letter of invitation , bank statements and co.

This is the response i got

*Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided; however, we require further information in order to access the file.

In order to better assist you, we invite you to resubmit your request by filling out the IRCC Web form and include the following information:

Surname and complete given name (including middle name, if applicable) - exactly as they appear on the passport or identity document,
Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD),
Client ID Number, UCI or Application Number,
Country of birth,
Type of application,
Date on which the application was submitted or received,
Mailing method (courier, Canada Post (registered or regular mail), etc.),
company used,
confirmation no.,
Complete address (including the postal code and the unit number) where the application was sent,
Receipt number,
Current address,
Telephone number(s),
Email address, and
All documents and information submitted with your previous request*

Your advice will be highly appreciated as its my first time applying to canada .

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jogojogo: 8:06am On Jul 01, 2022
I will suggest all other documents should remain the same except for the adjustment on the travel date and the invitation letter
LollyPolly:
Good morning House,

Please i need your advise. I submitted my Vistors visa application march 11th 2022,

I planned to travel June 21 to visit my friend . Filled the web form June 10th because nothing was moving. I just got a mail today to resubmit the webform with more information .

My question is , my intended date of travel has passed. Should submit new dates of travel, letter of invitation , bank statements and co.

*Good day,

We verified the information you provided; however, we require further information in order to access the file.

In order to better assist you, we invite you to resubmit your request by filling out the IRCC Web form and include the following information:

Surname and complete given name (including middle name, if applicable) - exactly as they appear on the passport or identity document,
Country of birth,
Type of application,
company used,
confirmation no.,
Complete address (including the postal code and the unit number) where the application was sent,
Receipt number,
Current address,
Telephone number(s),
Email address, and

Your advice will be highly appreciated as its my first time applying to canada .

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tempzi: 8:23am On Jul 01, 2022
LollyPolly:
Good morning House,

*Good day,

Country of birth,
Type of application,
company used,
confirmation no.,
Receipt number,
Current address,
Telephone number(s),
Email address, and

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obazi: 1:25pm On Jul 01, 2022
I got this reponse mail from Nairobi today. I sent them a webform about the update my application, which I submitted 17th April 2021,I attached my covid 19 vaccine card they replied with the below message. Please how do one qualify for COVID- 19 exemption . I have my vaccine card

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by phyla(m): 2:41pm On Jul 01, 2022
It seems Nairobi decided to send emails today.
I also got an email today saying the following...

[Good day and thank you for contacting the Immigration Section.
In response to your email enquiry below, kindly note that these applications are still under active review by our office. At the moment, we are not in a position to give a clear indication of when we anticipate finalising these applications.
However, we wish to inform you that our office is doing the necessary to ensure that these applications are processed and finalised within the shortest timeframe possible.
We trust that this information suffices in responding to your enquiry.]

Meanwhile what I sent to them was an additional document.
It will surely end in praise soon.
Happy new month everyone

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (1093) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: olaoluwa83 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.