Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,356 members, 7,829,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (532) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2346222 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) ... (1111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Astar007: 10:49pm On Jul 15, 2022
EmjaySimon:

Lol you are tired ba ?

I don weak
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by letsfarmnigeria: 1:01am On Jul 16, 2022
jogojogo:
Hello pals
It's been long I noticed approval for Spouse VV
Few months ago, this was not the case and the process via the new portal was very fast. These days, my observation has been totally different. I don't know if it's the same experience with others in the house. I speak specifically with respect to spouses applying for VV. What could be responsible please?

I heard it's backlog , indians had many backlog approvals cleared 2 weeks back , some of the backlogs were even last year applications so I believe that must have affected this side , maybe with time here will pick up with Approvals

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by purespikes: 8:07am On Jul 16, 2022
letsfarmnigeria:

I heard it's backlog , indians had many backlog approvals cleared 2 weeks back , some of the backlogs were even last year applications so I believe that must have affected this side , maybe with time here will pick up with Approvals
Hopefully.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jogojogo: 12:00pm On Jul 16, 2022
I really pray so.
.y VV application is about 3 monthss now without any visible update so contrary to the impression I had about VV especially through the new portal. Fingers crossed, we watch with hopes
letsfarmnigeria:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by noeloge82(m): 6:09pm On Jul 16, 2022
jogojogo:
Congratulations!!
Greet Uncle Ben for me.�
Help me tell him that I say you and him will perish miserably if you don't quit being stupid. You registered your dubious account being 16th of July,2022 only to post Uncle Ben's mobile number. Right

Some people are just terrible justwise pls take note

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adveert002: 7:31pm On Jul 16, 2022
jogojogo:
Hello pals
It's been long I noticed approval for Spouse VV
Few months ago, this was not the case and the process via the new portal was very fast. These days, my observation has been totally different. I don't know if it's the same experience with others in the house. I speak specifically with respect to spouses applying for VV. What could be responsible please?

I applied April 2nd..... no response yet. Spouse VV
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ttaiwoolajide: 8:30pm On Jul 16, 2022
[/b] please Mr olasunbo my I need to chat u privately sir , u can email me on this ttaiwoolajide2@gmail.com or chat me on 07033894425 please kindly reply me.
olasubomy:

1. She can start by reaching out to professors who would be willing to supervise her. Some of them do have funding. It would be too late for FALL Intake now because summer classes are rounding up in schools. Read a lot of [b]Lekiboboe Post in CANADA STUDENT THREAD
. You will learn a lot from his post and how to approach supervisors with a COLD MAIL.

2. She would still need to apply normally for study permit. The good thing is she might not get that strict scrutiny meted out on Nigerian applications. if she has good home ties in the United States and meets the requirements, her applications might be processed very fast She can first try to get a supervisor to have some funding.

3. You can also reach out more to Canada Student Thread to ask them more questions relating to study so i dont abuse the use of this thread and limit to visit visa enquiries,

I wish you guys the best!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jogojogo: 1:54am On Jul 17, 2022
That's what I am saying..
Initially,responses were faster
I know, it would soon turn around positively
adveert002:

I applied April 2nd..... no response yet. Spouse VV
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 2:23am On Jul 17, 2022
ttaiwoolajide:
[b][/b] please Mr olasunbo my I need to chat u privately sir , u can email me on this ttaiwoolajide2@gmail.com or chat me on XXXXXXXXX please kindly reply me.

Hi,

We chatted already. Modify your message and remove your private number. Not safe putting up your line on public forum.

I wish you all the best!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Letuspraytogod: 6:35am On Jul 17, 2022
THE URGE TO SWEAR FOR IRCC through webforms and/or emails lol it’s well sha
Since October 2021 I’m weak honestly
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by May79: 9:36am On Jul 17, 2022
APPLICATION SUBMITTED IN MAY FAMILY OF 3
ONLY MINE WAS SENT PPR MY HUSBAND AND DAUGHTER IS PROCESSING
LEAVING TO AMERICA TOMORROW WITH MY CANADIAN SON WHO IS GOING TO SCHOOL.PLS SHOULD I SUBMIT MY PASSPORT IN AMERICA AND PLS HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE OR I SHOULD WAIT WHEN I GET BACK.

I PRAY MORE PPR IN THE HOUSE FOR EVERYONE ONE
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jogojogo: 11:15am On Jul 17, 2022
I have felt that before.lolsss
Letuspraytogod:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 12:34pm On Jul 17, 2022
May79:
LEAVING TO AMERICA TOMORROW WITH MY CANADIAN SON WHO IS GOING TO SCHOOL.PLS SHOULD I SUBMIT MY PASSPORT IN AMERICA AND PLS HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE OR I SHOULD WAIT WHEN I GET BACK.

You have one month to submit your passport.
If you will be in America for like 2-3weeks, it's better to submit there though there will be some kind of transmission fee you will pay. It will be much more faster there.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 1:16pm On Jul 17, 2022
May79:

You can submit your passport in the United States. You can choose to either sent this to Canada Visa Application Centre in New York or Los Angeles. Both locations are good but i would advise you use Los Angeles.

The below is just to give you an idea of the process if you are sending your passport in the United States for stamping.

NOTE: You still need to send CVAC an email so they can send you the specific instructions to start the process.

If you are located in the United States of America and have received the passport request letter from IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada), to send it by courier to the New York or Los Angeles CVAC (Canada Visa Application Centre), and receive it back, you will have to pay the two-way courier service with VFS Global.

This is mandatory for each passport. No other form of passport delivery and return will be accepted.

A new system has been implemented for you to obtain your two-way Courier. This will allow you to avail the labels in faster and efficient manner.
To avail the two-way courier, visit: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/PostalAppointment/Account/RegisteredLoginq=shSA0YnE4pLF9Xzwon/x/CQ1P0LBKn66dLdNUfueK+wj/xwjQV05sWPtysuvzK33qrK3eXshT1TAgsu3oVBZovxbG4hegjVxPtRK4ehNyPck+V525rUvI5fmDu7unjO/

When accessing the portal, please complete the registration and proceed selecting your preferred center to mail your application. You can choose between Los Angeles and New York CVAC.

Kindly note that all the information will be purged from the portal after 10 days, your login information included, hence, make sure you print or download your label and confirmation letter as soon as you receive it.

Once you complete the process, you will be able to print the FedEx label (addressed from you to the VAC). The label for the returning of your documents will be created locally at the CVAC.

Once you have obtained your label, prepare your package, including the following:

1. The passport request letter you received from IRCC.
2. Your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address.
3. Two copies of the TT services consent form, second page duly completed and hand signed, the link to download is: https://assets.ctfassets.net/xxg4p8gt3sg6/2LVFqatIwJhm9JEP5nqUYL/3c71a4a1468630ef0845c423a3cd41e2/ConsentForm_-TTS-English-IN-VAC-Final.pdf
4. A printed copy of the confirmation letter you received for the two-way courier purchase, which has an individually generated reference number
5. Below charges must be paid in a form of a Money Order or Cashier’s check (over 3 months validity period) in favor of “VFS Services (USA) Inc.” and fees must be in US dollars.
• Package transmission (per passport) – $22.80 USD (Only if you did not have to provide your biometrics, or if they were taken at a CVAC other than the one where the passport will be sent).
• Short Message Service (SMS) (per Applicant) – $2.50 USD (Optional).
Once your package is prepared, you may drop it off at the FedEx office of your choice. It is recommended to use a padded envelope to mail your documents and make sure it is thoroughly sealed.

N:B: The above is just to give you an idea of how their process work in the USA if you are to send your passport there. Please send an e-mail to: info.canny@vfshelpline.com. once you arrive the USA.

When I did it for my parents, the passport was returned back in less than 2 weeks. Just to give you an estimate.

Safe trip!!!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by letsfarmnigeria: 5:18pm On Jul 17, 2022
Letuspraytogod:

I hope you sent them web form to know the situation of your application because October last year that's about 9 months try to reach them
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adveert002: 7:02pm On Jul 17, 2022
jogojogo:
That's what I am saying..
Initially,responses were faster
I know, it would soon turn around positively

Amen

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by May79: 12:37am On Jul 18, 2022
Thank you so much

You can submit your passport in the United States. You can choose to either sent this to Canada Visa Application Centre in New York or Los Angeles. Both locations are good but i would advise you use Los Angeles.

The below is just to give you an idea of the process if you are sending your passport in the United States for stamping.

NOTE: You still need to send CVAC an email so they can send you the specific instructions to start the process.

If you are located in the United States of America and have received the passport request letter from IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada), to send it by courier to the New York or Los Angeles CVAC (Canada Visa Application Centre), and receive it back, you will have to pay the two-way courier service with VFS Global.

This is mandatory for each passport. No other form of passport delivery and return will be accepted.

A new system has been implemented for you to obtain your two-way Courier. This will allow you to avail the labels in faster and efficient manner.
To avail the two-way courier, visit: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/PostalAppointment/Account/RegisteredLoginq=shSA0YnE4pLF9Xzwon/x/CQ1P0LBKn66dLdNUfueK+wj/xwjQV05sWPtysuvzK33qrK3eXshT1TAgsu3oVBZovxbG4hegjVxPtRK4ehNyPck+V525rUvI5fmDu7unjO/

When accessing the portal, please complete the registration and proceed selecting your preferred center to mail your application. You can choose between Los Angeles and New York CVAC.

Kindly note that all the information will be purged from the portal after 10 days, your login information included, hence, make sure you print or download your label and confirmation letter as soon as you receive it.

Once you complete the process, you will be able to print the FedEx label (addressed from you to the VAC). The label for the returning of your documents will be created locally at the CVAC.

Once you have obtained your label, prepare your package, including the following:

1. The passport request letter you received from IRCC.
2. Your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address.
3. Two copies of the TT services consent form, second page duly completed and hand signed, the link to download is: https://assets.ctfassets.net/xxg4p8gt3sg6/2LVFqatIwJhm9JEP5nqUYL/3c71a4a1468630ef0845c423a3cd41e2/ConsentForm_-TTS-English-IN-VAC-Final.pdf
4. A printed copy of the confirmation letter you received for the two-way courier purchase, which has an individually generated reference number
5. Below charges must be paid in a form of a Money Order or Cashier’s check (over 3 months validity period) in favor of “VFS Services (USA) Inc.” and fees must be in US dollars.
• Package transmission (per passport) – $22.80 USD (Only if you did not have to provide your biometrics, or if they were taken at a CVAC other than the one where the passport will be sent).
• Short Message Service (SMS) (per Applicant) – $2.50 USD (Optional).
Once your package is prepared, you may drop it off at the FedEx office of your choice. It is recommended to use a padded envelope to mail your documents and make sure it is thoroughly sealed.

N:B: The above is just to give you an idea of how their process work in the USA if you are to send your passport there. Please send an e-mail to: info.canny@vfshelpline.com. once you arrive the USA.

When I did it for my parents, the passport was returned back in less than 2 weeks. Just to give you an estimate.

Safe trip!!!

[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Williams004: 6:02am On Jul 18, 2022
Good morning y'all

Still in the group

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Greatkhad: 2:02pm On Jul 18, 2022
Hello House,

My parents applied for visitor visa and just got a mail to submit their passport. The submitted their biometrics in Abuja, but considering the situation of things i would prefer the mail the passsport to the office and once its staped the mail it back to them. Please is this possible. Also can someone who has recently done this/ or knows the process guide me.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 18, 2022
Greatkhad:
Hello House,

My parents applied for visitor visa and just got a mail to submit their passport. The submitted their biometrics in Abuja, but considering the situation of things i would prefer the mail the passsport to the office and once its staped the mail it back to them. Please is this possible. Also can someone who has recently done this/ or knows the process guide me.

Thank you.
congrats pls wen did you submit d application for them
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Foladimejiw: 5:21pm On Jul 18, 2022
Kindly give us your timeline let's know if it is our turn.
I applied to visit since Nov 2021, expecting PPR from IRCC soonest.
I have sent mails, webforms, and expecting GCMS notes

Greatkhad:
Hello House,

Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Karmora(f): 8:26pm On Jul 18, 2022
Foladimejiw:
Kindly give us your timeline let's know if it is our turn.
I applied to visit since Nov 2021, expecting PPR from IRCC soonest.
I have sent mails, webforms, and expecting GCMS notes

I also applied since October 2021 please who can presume what the delay is .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by letsfarmnigeria: 8:20am On Jul 19, 2022
Karmora:

I also applied since October 2021 please who can presume what the delay is .

If you submitted since oct 2021 as you said you are supposed to send them email , web form and request for your Gcms notes to know why the delay because the current processing time is 156 days and obviously you are way passed 200 days so don't be waiting take action and know way forward

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lizcom25: 10:04am On Jul 19, 2022
letsfarmnigeria:

If you submitted since oct 2021 as you said you are supposed to send them email , web form and request for your Gcms notes to know why the delay because the current processing time is 156 days and obviously you are way passed 200 days so don't be waiting take action and know way forward

I submitted my application for VV in September and after several mails, webform and even GCMS note shows nothing new, the reply finally came July 4, I was denied. Now planning to reapply but ensuring to take care of the issues of
1. I have significant family tie in Canada
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Divinefavrite: 10:39am On Jul 19, 2022
Newww1:

I will advise you raise a web form inform them of his passing and the need to be there for his family. Its also good they get an update from you

I did raise a webform as advised. Here's the response I got yesterday.
Is this a generic response as I have submitted almost all they are asking for. Here's the response:

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided; however, we require further information in order to access the file.

In order to better assist you, we invite you to resubmit your request by filling out the IRCC Web form and include the following information:

Surname and complete given name (including middle name, if applicable) - exactly as they appear on the passport or identity document,
Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD),
Client ID Number, UCI or Application Number,
Country of birth,
Type of application,
Date on which the application was submitted or received,
Mailing method (courier, Canada Post (registered or regular mail), etc.),
company used,
confirmation no.,
Complete address (including the postal code and the unit number) where the application was sent,
Receipt number,
Current address,
Telephone number(s),
Email address, and
All documents and information submitted with your previous request.
If you are contacting us on behalf of someone else:

Please make sure to enter their information under the Applicant Information section and your information under the Enquirer Information section, and
if you are not an authorized representative or designated individual, please also include the following information in the Your enquiry box of the Web form:
your surname and complete given name (including middle name, if applicable),
your date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD), and
your country of birth.
If applicable, provide a Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form, a Release of Information to an Individual (IMM 5475) form or a Power of Attorney in order to be authorized to receive the requested information.
We will gladly reply to your enquiry following reception of the above information.

Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we cannot process applications normally and we cannot provide accurate processing times for most applications.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by letsfarmnigeria: 11:41am On Jul 19, 2022
lizcom25:

I submitted my application for VV in September and after several mails, webform and even GCMS note shows nothing new, the reply finally came July 4, I was denied. Now planning to reapply but ensuring to take care of the issues of
1. I have significant family tie in Canada

So sorry about this , what was the documents provided by the person inviting you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Karmora(f): 11:59am On Jul 19, 2022
letsfarmnigeria:

I have sent mails , ordered GCMS and also sent web forms all to no avail. I don’t know if there is anything else am supposed to do .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by letsfarmnigeria: 12:19pm On Jul 19, 2022
Karmora:

I have sent mails , ordered GCMS and also sent web forms all to no avail. I don’t know if there is anything else am supposed to do .

How many days have you ordered the GCMS notes
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tempzi: 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) ... (1111) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Esiman(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.