Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,161 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (529) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2326661 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (1102) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Segun7201: 2:50pm On Jul 01, 2022
Letuspraytogod:
I have sent countless of emails and webforms. No decision yet since October 2021 when I did biometrics.

I even mailed the MP, they replied once to ask for some personal details and nothing after that. (It’s been a month now)

Everything is quiet frustrating. I’m surprised why my guy application took 4/5 months but Omo! I don wait tire.

I AM BEGGING, IF YOU KNOW HOW TO RE APPLY USING THE NEW PORTAL, PLEASE PUT ME THROUGH.
I know this will take your time, please just HELP ME.

Thanks

We are in the same shoes bro
But havr your medicals Nd biometrics being Updated on your account.

Mine as being confirmed just waiting for PPR
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 11:17pm On Jul 01, 2022
obazi:
I got this reponse mail from Nairobi today. I sent them a webform about the update my application, which I submitted 17th April 2021,I attached my covid 19 vaccine card they replied with the below message. Please how do one qualify for COVID- 19 exemption . I have my vaccine card
So does this mean those applying for tourism through the New portal won't be attended to? I haven't really seen any approval based on tourism (I may be wrong)
I'm not talking about people with valid USA visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obazi: 11:47pm On Jul 01, 2022
We have to be patient with them ,if possible we can reapply again and lose the other application without refund. You can apply for GCMS notes and this will show where your application stands.

Candybright:

So does this mean those applying for tourism through the New portal won't be attended to? I haven't really seen any approval based on tourism (I may be wrong)
I'm not talking about people with valid USA visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kurukuru: 1:35am On Jul 02, 2022
Once again, there is a two-bedroom apartment in St John's Newfoundland for any male student coming in for Fall 2022. The rent is $1100, POU. It is to be shared by my co-tenant excluding the utility bill which is roughly between $100 to $150 a month. The apartment is located at a decent area in St John's very close to the Bus Stop. It has a walking distance to major stores like Walmart, Sobeys, Home Depot, and Canadian Tire. This accommodation is first come first serve due to serious scarcity of accommodation in St John's now. I have received over 50 interests from within Canada here (majority are oyinbos, Arabs and Indians) but because the landlord wants a neat co-tenant with me that will take good care of the house, that is why I am reaching out to any of you coming in for this fall. Check the attached shots to confirm the interests I have received.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jogojogo: 3:38am On Jul 02, 2022
Does confirmation of upfront medical as passed means that one chances is brighter?
Segun7201:

We are in the same shoes bro
But havr your medicals Nd biometrics being Updated on your account.

Mine as being confirmed just waiting for PPR
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Segun7201: 9:12am On Jul 02, 2022
jogojogo:
Does confirmation of upfront medical as passed means that one chances is brighter?
Yes
Once Ircc request or confirm your medical just know you are a step ahead.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lizcom25: 9:19am On Jul 04, 2022
THIS IS MY STORY:

I submitted my application since September 17 2021 and did my biometrics Feb 3, 2022. It has been hell waiting for a revert and with several mails and webforms. Today, July 4, i finally got a revert. I failed the eligibility. So i was denied visa. Reasons are

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.
• You have significant family ties in Canada

The truth is my wife and children are currently on PR in Canada and i just wanted to visit them and come back as i am not ready to join them now. SO WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jogojogo: 10:28am On Jul 04, 2022
I observed there's been a silent hold on spouse visitor's visa. This is about a month now or more.
I don't know why
lizcom25:
THIS IS MY STORY:

I submitted my application since September 17 2021 and did my biometrics Feb 3, 2022. It has been hell waiting for a revert and with several mails and webforms. Today, July 4, i finally got a revert. I failed the eligibility. So i was denied visa. Reasons are

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the

The truth is my wife and children are currently on PR in Canada and i just wanted to visit them and come back as i am not ready to join them now. SO WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tempzi: 12:57pm On Jul 04, 2022
lizcom25:
THIS IS MY STORY:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by TheCongo2: 1:12pm On Jul 04, 2022
Hello Nairaland,

Is it possible for someone on a US B1/B2 visa to visit Canada without a Canadian visa?
Information found on the US Custom and border protection website suggests the following:

B-1 or B-2 Visas: During your visit to the U.S., you may visit Canada or Mexico for up to 30 days and re-enter the U.S. as long as you re-enter within the period noted on the Form I-94 which you received when you first entered.

https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article-751?language=en_US

However, I am not finding any reference to this subject on any Canadian government agency website.
Please advise
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 2:38pm On Jul 04, 2022
TheCongo2:
Hello Nairaland,

Is it possible for someone on a US B1/B2 visa to visit Canada without a Canadian visa?
Information fond on the US Custom and border protection website suggests the following:

B-1 or B-2 Visas: During your visit to the U.S., you may visit Canada or Mexico for up to 30 days and re-enter the U.S. as long as you re-enter within the period noted on the Form I-94 which you received when you first entered.

https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article-751?language=en_US

However, I am not finding any reference to this subject on any Canadian government agency website.
Please advise

You would need to apply for a Canadian Visa even with a valid USA B1/B2 visa. The good side is having a US visa increases your chances as long as you meet all the other requirements for a visitor visa.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 2:52pm On Jul 04, 2022
lizcom25:
THIS IS MY STORY:

I am sorry about the long wait and now this outcome. I know it can be frustrating.

1. What documents did you submit with respect to your home tie?

2. What are you currently doing - working or into business?

For a visitor visa, i wont advise you rush to re-apply immediately. I think the problem is how you packaged your application.

I would also suggest you apply for your GCMS notes so you can have full details of the VO concern.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lizcom25: 3:23pm On Jul 04, 2022
olasubomy:

I am sorry about the long wait and now this outcome. I know it can be frustrating.

1. What documents did you submit with respect to your home tie?

2. What are you currently doing - working or into business?

For a visitor visa, i wont advise you rush to re-apply immediately. I think the problem is how you packaged your application.

I would also suggest you apply for your GCMS notes so you can have full details of the VO concern.

Truth is the best home tie is your family but my family is in Canada and am currently running my business. So i attached the documents and bank statements, the CofO
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by TheCongo2: 3:36pm On Jul 04, 2022
olasubomy:

You would need to apply for a Canadian Visa even with a valid USA B1/B2 visa. The good side is having a US visa increases your chances as long as you meet all the other requirements for a visitor visa.

Thank you so much
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 4:21pm On Jul 04, 2022
lizcom25:

Truth is the best home tie is your family but my family is in Canada and am currently running my business. So i attached the documents and bank statements, the CofO

I am unsure how you concluded that family is the best home tie. You can have all your family members in Canada and still get approval if the applicant shows they are sufficiently established and cannot afford to be out of Nigeria for too long.

That is, compelling responsibilities and obligations to make the person return home. These can be a job, a fast-paced business or a business where( the owner has employees to supervise, pay salaries and other oversight functions), financial assets like stocks or bonds, landed properties, houses with tenants etc.

These guys don't look at one or two documents you submitted in isolation but the general information you filled in your form and how you worded your letter of intent or your wife's letter of invitation. I am not saying you did anything wrong, but I suspect they sensed more of a family reunion. I would advise you have a second overall review of what you filled, and I am sure you would be able to spot the red flag or something else you think can be improved to make you better prepared to apply again.

The best way forward for me would be that you apply for your GCMS notes and give some time to strengthen your ties at home before applying again. The choice is yours. All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KES007: 8:52pm On Jul 04, 2022
This is the news in today's punch newspaper that the Canadian embassy is deliberately delaying the visa issuance for the event. The protests is by federal government

Sad, there is a deliberate delay and the time left for this event is reduced

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 11:04pm On Jul 04, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Papapa1234: 12:08am On Jul 05, 2022
If you got a medical request from IRCC,means your chances are high..if you did upfront,you just have to wait to get final decision.
jogojogo:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eniolaenius0803: 6:16am On Jul 05, 2022
KES007:
This is the news in today's punch newspaper that the Canadian embassy is deliberately delaying the visa issuance for the event. The protests is by federal government

Sad, there is a deliberate delay and the time left for this event is reduced

Monday June 20 2022 news paper
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kentochi(m): 7:59am On Jul 05, 2022
I applied for visitors visa since last year no news till date.
Please is there a way to request for update from them.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lizcom25: 10:14am On Jul 05, 2022
[quote author=olasubomy post=114417488]

I am unsure how you concluded that family is the best home tie. You can have all your family members in Canada and still get approval if the applicant shows they are sufficiently established and cannot afford to be out of Nigeria for too long.

That is, compelling responsibilities and obligations to make the person return home. These can be a job, a fast-paced business or a business where( the owner has employees to supervise, pay salaries and other oversight functions), financial assets like stocks or bonds, landed properties, houses with tenants etc.

These guys don't look at one or two documents you submitted in isolation but the general information you filled in your form and how you worded your letter of intent or your wife's letter of invitation. I am not saying you did anything wrong, but I suspect they sensed more of a family reunion. I would advise you have a second overall review of what you filled, and I am sure you would be able to spot the red flag or something else you think can be improved to make you better prepared to apply again.

The best way forward for me would be that you apply for your GCMS notes and give some time to strengthen your ties at home before applying again. The choice is yours. All the best!

YOUR POINT IS VERY CORRECT AND TRUE. THAT'S WHAT I INTEND TO DO
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jogojogo: 2:30pm On Jul 05, 2022
Is your spouse in Canada?
For those whose spouse is on Canada, IRCC is silently on hold for a while.
I have posted on this platform but it appears I am not making sense. Better put, I could say that approval rate has dropped drastically for visitor visa
I will still advise that you reapply on the new portal if the previous application was done on old portal
kentochi:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kentochi(m): 4:08pm On Jul 05, 2022
jogojogo:
Is your spouse in Canada?
For those whose spouse is on Canada, IRCC is silently on hold for a while.
I have posted on this platform but it appears I am not making sense. Better put, I could say that approval rate has dropped drastically for visitor visa
I will still advise that you reapply on the new portal if the previous application was done on old portal
Can you share link to new Portal.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jogojogo: 8:50pm On Jul 05, 2022
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tempzi: 4:23am On Jul 06, 2022
kentochi:

Order for GCMS note
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kentochi(m): 5:30am On Jul 06, 2022
tempzi:

Order for GCMS note
Please how can I go about it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by UncleJudax(m): 7:15am On Jul 06, 2022
Your visa expired or your given stay of likely six months expired? People!
Dextra:
I know how frustrating it can be when you try to get information from the Student Visa session, all you see is "Medical hopefuls" and lots. I tried to find information too when I wanted to apply for my Visitor Visa. Anyway, recently I received a Multiple Entry Visa Canada So, the basic requirement are all in the website: Application form, Family information and all that. Now, other document to submit depends on your purpose of visit. You need to prove to the VO that you will return after your visit. When I returned to the country after my first visit most of my friends thought I was stupid to have returned and I even met few people over there who told me what to do to remain in Canada. I'm glad I was smarter and returned even before my visa expired. Believe me, I will never advice anyone to overstay. Plan to return at least for sake of next application. That is why they really want to make sure you have strong reason to return.

Items that will prove that you will return are: Strong tie to Nigeria, regular employment, fat account balance, assets, and previous travel history.
I hope this will be helpful to you.
I wish you success.

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (1102) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: bukolo, affoncad, tblaze007(m), Kelvinarsenal, elzi(f), KodakBlack and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.