Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,268 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (559) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2348672 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) ... (1112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AyabaS: 7:26pm On Oct 21, 2022
My mum came in January on a visit visa and she was stamped in for 6 months, I applied for a visitor record in June to extend her stay to a year. I received a medical request letter 2 days ago and the letter said she has 30 days to complete the exam failing which a decision will be made on her application. I’ve now just received an approval for the application and her length of stay has been extended. Her profile shows the application as approved but the profile still shows that a medical exam was requested. Question is does she still need to do the medical exam since her application has been approved?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 9:06pm On Oct 21, 2022
Please I was asked for invite code while registering , please how do I get one ?
MaameU:
Thanks. Here is the link

https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sara2022: 1:20am On Oct 22, 2022
AyabaS:
My mum came in January on a visit visa and she was stamped in for 6 months, I applied for a visitor record in June to extend her stay to a year. I received a medical request letter 2 days ago and the letter said she has 30 days to complete the exam failing which a decision will be made on her application. I’ve now just received an approval for the application and her length of stay has been extended. Her profile shows the application as approved but the profile still shows that a medical exam was requested. Question is does she still need to do the medical exam since her application has been approved?

Yes she does, it is part of the terms of her approval. If she does not do it, it may affect her next application.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by JustBB(f): 7:44am On Oct 22, 2022
Hello gurus in the house.

I submitted my visitors application since May till now I have not heard from them.

Kindly advise me on what next to do
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 8:24am On Oct 22, 2022
JustBB:

I submitted my visitors application since May till now I have not heard from them.

Many people are on this table. Na to dey wait patiently.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by HajiaRai: 8:52am On Oct 22, 2022
Yes. Eligibility started about 10 days before.

Wifefo88:

Congratulations I tap in..Did your eligibility start before final approval?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Wifefo88: 10:31am On Oct 22, 2022
JustBB:

I also applied too on 17th May 2022..no response till now., sent several mails and web forms..I pray they respond to us on time
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teslas: 1:21pm On Oct 22, 2022
CanDaddy:

I applied for her on the new portal I also signed the use of representative form along with the application for the three of them. You will also need to write an authorization letter acknowledging that u gave the go-ahead for her to travel with the kids.

Can you please share the link for the new portal and a bit instructions on how to go about it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teslas: 1:36pm On Oct 22, 2022
fumisko:

Please can you drop the new link here please please please

Please can you share the new link
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chatmate: 2:31pm On Oct 22, 2022
hello guys,

please can one submit two applications.. the first application is taking forever

do you think we need to cancel or withdraw the first application . both are visitors visa

thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ponekdeep: 6:09pm On Oct 22, 2022
Kindly advise me please, I submitted a visit visa application this September, but my wife wants me to submit a spousal open work permit also since we heard that the visit visa use to take long. I need to know if this is allowed, to avoid any issues.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tal4real(m): 1:39am On Oct 23, 2022
Eddy4400:
Pls help with email for Nairobi. Thanks

NROBIIMDocument@international.gc.ca

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mekinzy(m): 11:09am On Oct 23, 2022
Good morning Folks.

I applied for a Canadian visitor visa, waiting for my Biometric date to be out.
Will medical needed for the Biometrics?

Pls can one work with visitor visa in Canada?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 11:47am On Oct 23, 2022
mekinzy:
Good morning Folks.

I applied for a Canadian visitor visa, waiting for my Biometric date to be out.
Will medical needed for the Biometrics?

Pls can one work with visitor visa in Canada?

Waiting for biometrics date to be out?
I hope it's not what I'm thinking sha. You used an agent and the agent told you that?
After submitting your application, you will receive your biometrics letter like 6hrs after submission and you can do the biometrics anytime you want. Na you go pick the date and you must do it within 30 days of receiving the biometrics letter. Also, you don't need medical to do biometrics or for visitor visa.
So if na agent you use, be rest assured that something is definitely wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 3:39pm On Oct 23, 2022
Good afternoon, Please I need help with this please

meljoe:
Please I was asked for invite code while registering , please how do I get one ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by starrez: 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2022
meljoe:
Good afternoon, Please I need help with this please

https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 5:50pm On Oct 23, 2022
Thank you so much , please what do I input here , what will be a good reason ? I’m thinking of Easter holiday because summer is quite far or what do you think please

starrez:

https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by starrez: 7:45pm On Oct 23, 2022
meljoe:
Thank you so much , please what do I input here , what will be a good reason ? I’m thinking of Easter holiday because summer is quite far or what do you think please

Doesn’t matter, research and includes places you’d like to visit and things you’ll like to do. If you’re visiting a family or friend, get them to send you an introduction letter.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2022
No I’m not visiting a friend or family
It’s written I should include dates , should I include dates from April or dates from summer period , because I’m applying with my kids

starrez:

Doesn’t matter, research and includes places you’d like to visit and things you’ll like to do. If you’re visiting a family or friend, get them to send you an introduction letter.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by starrez: 9:24pm On Oct 23, 2022
meljoe:
No I’m not visiting a friend or family
It’s written I should include dates , should I include dates from April or dates from summer period , because I’m applying with my kids

Include any dates you want. It’s not a deal breaker. They’ll still give you visa if their meant to based on your other supporting documents
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 9:28pm On Oct 23, 2022
Okay thank you so much
starrez:

Include any dates you want. It’s not a deal breaker. They’ll still give you visa if their meant to based on your other supporting documents
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigbus: 12:25am On Oct 24, 2022
Hi people,
Please, in filling the visa application form, is the NIN acceptable as National Identity Document? (It does not have an issue date, and no expiry date either.)
Is there any other document that can serve as National Identity Document for Nigerians?
Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eddy4400: 3:49am On Oct 24, 2022
Thanks

tal4real:

NROBIIMDocument@international.gc.ca
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eddy4400: 3:55am On Oct 24, 2022
Yes it is. I usually just answer NO to skip filling anything, as it isn't mandatory

bigbus:
Hi people,
Please, in filling the visa application form, is the NIN acceptable as National Identity Document? (It does not have an issue date, and no expiry date either.)
Is there any other document that can serve as National Identity Document for Nigerians?
Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Harjeehbaday(m): 6:20am On Oct 24, 2022
Finally, my mum's visitor visa was approved on Friday, October 21st, 2022
Below is the timeline,
Jan 6 - 1st application using the old link
Jan 7 - Biometrics
Apr 23 - Reapplied using the new link
Sept 7 - Requested GCMS notes
Oct 20 - Biometrics validity letter
Oct 21 - Original passport request letter (PPR)

Quick question -
How long does it take to receive the passport if I send it through DHL to VFS Lagos?
Does my mum still need the N9, 410 if she did her biometrics at VFS Lagos?

Appreciate your prompt response. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Wifefo88: 10:04am On Oct 24, 2022
Harjeehbaday:
Finally, my mum's visitor visa was approved on Friday, October 21st, 2022
Below is the timeline,
Jan 6 - 1st application using the old link
Jan 7 - Biometrics
Apr 23 - Reapplied using the new link
Sept 7 - Requested GCMS notes
Oct 20 - Biometrics validity letter
Oct 21 - Original passport request letter (PPR)

Quick question -
How long does it take to receive the passport if I send it through DHL to VFS Lagos?
Does my mum still need the N9, 410 if she did her biometrics at VFS Lagos?

Appreciate your prompt response. Thanks

Congratulations to you
Did eligibility of review start before final approval ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mummywifey: 11:43am On Oct 24, 2022
TRV Approved

IRCC has indeed humbled me, I have never waited for a visa application for this long

May 14th - Application Submitted

Biometrics done the following week

Oct 17 - Eligibility review started

Oct 24 - Biometrics validity letter and Original passport request letter

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ponekdeep: 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2022
Congratulations to you all, we that just applied this September, hmmm make I no talk.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jofree: 1:16pm On Oct 24, 2022
Can you please share the link you used to apply for the extension.
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jofree: 1:17pm On Oct 24, 2022
AyabaS:
Can you please share the link used to apply for the extension
Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Makibarbie: 2:23pm On Oct 24, 2022
Congratulations

We are hopeful (may 16th applicant)

Mummywifey:
TRV Approved

IRCC has indeed humbled me, I have never waited for a visa application for this long

May 14th - Application Submitted

Biometrics done the following week

Oct 17 - Eligibility review started

Oct 24 - Biometrics validity letter and Original passport request letter

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Harjeehbaday(m): 2:48pm On Oct 24, 2022
Wifefo88:

Congratulations to you
Did eligibility of review start before final approval ?

I noticed the Eligibility review started a day before the final review. Not sure precisely when the review started.

(1) (2) (3) ... (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) ... (1112) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.