Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,608 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (556) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2313026 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) ... (1096) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 12:17pm On Oct 10, 2022
Shegzy760:
Dear good people,
Please I need help. I submitted application for VV for my two kids to visit their mother who is in Canada on student visa but no update till today. Please what else can I do?

Is it advisable to request for GCMS notes?
Or can I send e mail to the visa office?
Which visa office should the e mail be sent to, I will appreciate if I can get the necessary e mail address.

Thank you.

It will be better if their mother do that and she should call the MP in her area to ask for the update on the application and also plead to the MP to tell those in charge of the application to quickly finalize it.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Erudensi(f): 7:06pm On Oct 10, 2022
Pls can someone help me explain what MP means and how to go about it please my people

It will be better if their mother do that and she should call the MP in her area to ask for the update on the application and also plead to the MP to tell those in charge of the application to quickly finalize it.[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 2:05am On Oct 11, 2022
Erudensi:
Pls can someone help me explain what MP means and how to go about it please my people

It will be better if their mother do that and she should call the MP in her area to ask for the update on the application and also plead to the MP to tell those in charge of the application to quickly finalize it.

It means member of parliament. They can be liken to our senators here.

Use this link to check their details

https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iamleye(m): 3:43am On Oct 11, 2022
PPR Alert!

Finally got PPR for my Mum super visa application

Timeline:

Application submitted - Nov 4th 2021

Biometrics collection email - Nov 07th 2021

Upfront Medical - Medical passed - May 06th 2022

Biometrics corresponded Letter Oct 04th 2022

PPR - October 04th 2022

Documents:

Invitation Letter
LICO requirement (CRA Notice of Assessment)
Proof of Accommodation
Employment offer Letter
Statement of account (with 17k CAD)
Birth Certificate of my Siblings & grand children to show home ties (My mum is retired)
PR Card.

It was a tough 11 months (At a point my mum did not believe I actually applied for any visa for her)

I pray God answer everyone speedily.

11 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Shegzy760: 9:00am On Oct 11, 2022
Thanks @ Betterlife30.
Please can someone assist me with the e mail address of Lagos and Abuja Canada Visa office urgently.

Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BK23: 9:25am On Oct 11, 2022
Shegzy760:
Thanks @ Betterlife30.
Please can someone assist me with the e mail address of Lagos and Abuja Canada Visa office urgently.

Thank you.

nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca
abuja-IM-Enquiry@international.gc.ca
abuja@international.gc.ca
ABUJA-IM-Enquiry@international.gc.ca
NROBIIMDocument@international.gc.ca
nrobi.consular@international.gc.ca
nrobi.immigration@international.gc.ca

LONDON

london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca

ACCRA

accraimmigration@international.gc.ca

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 9:42am On Oct 11, 2022
congrat

iamleye:
PPR Alert!

Timeline:

PPR - October 04th 2022

Documents:

Invitation Letter
Proof of Accommodation
Employment offer Letter
Birth Certificate of my Siblings & grand children to show home ties (My mum is retired)
PR Card.

It was a tough 11 months (At a point my mum did not believe I actually applied for any visa for her)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eazyfella: 1:01pm On Oct 11, 2022
Jyde1234:
Visitor visa

I was trying to process a working Vida and discovered it is much longer

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kenny4real68: 2:41pm On Oct 11, 2022
Good day everyone

Please I have a quick question.
Must someone give a visitor visa applicant an invitation letter in other to be approved?

Is there any huge influence of adding invitation letter to a visitor visa application? I am wondering if people get approved without anyone in canada giving them IV.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ednut1(m): 2:55pm On Oct 11, 2022
Kenny4real68:
Good day everyone

Please I have a quick question.
Must someone give a visitor visa applicant an invitation letter in other to be approved?

Is there any huge influence of adding invitation letter to a visitor visa application? I am wondering if people get approved without anyone in canada giving them IV.
not compulsory. But its just to give the visa officer more context. Its just a page document what will you lose not adding it
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by HonWise(m): 1:49am On Oct 12, 2022
This is such a long and patient journey, congratulations, it ended in praise!!!

iamleye:
PPR Alert!

Timeline:

PPR - October 04th 2022

Documents:

Invitation Letter
Proof of Accommodation
Employment offer Letter
PR Card.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 5:07am On Oct 12, 2022
Anyone with latest information on the optional document - imm5257b that keeps popping up?
Is it uploadable now?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Erudensi(f): 11:40am On Oct 12, 2022
Thanks so much @betterlife30, but how do I contact them as regards to an application that has overstayed its processing time.

https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Makibarbie: 8:49pm On Oct 12, 2022
You guys, my tired is tired o!!! 5months now no update from IRCC��

The patience is remaining 20%
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 9:18pm On Oct 12, 2022
Erudensi:
Thanks so much @betterlife30, but how do I contact them as regards to an application that has overstayed its processing time.

https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en

Send them a mail. Their details are there.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tolupe1: 11:36pm On Oct 12, 2022
Urgent! Urgent!! Urgent!!!

Hello everyone.

Please I need your help. I am a student already in Canada but I need to bring my husband to Canada. I need the list of documents I need to compile to submit his visa. Pls if you have the list or can refer me to where the list is, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Erudensi(f): 1:06am On Oct 13, 2022
Ok dear, Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Flakky26(f): 3:40am On Oct 13, 2022
my son (minor) and I want to apply for a visitor visa to visit a brother in Canada. i have the ff question

1. Am I to choose a group ?Do you want to apply for more than 1 person at the same time?
2. Where and How much do I get a Police character certificate in Abuja?
3. What are some points I can write as What will I be doing during my visit? * Tell us more about what you'll do in Canada. Include dates.
4. I am self-employed meaning I am the ceo my company, what official docs or letter can I show from my company supporting my travelling?

thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by opezi: 5:56am On Oct 13, 2022
1. Yes
2. You dont need this for a visitor visa
3. Which province are you going to? Check google for tourist attractions there. eg If you're going to Calgary you can say you'll be visiting banff on so and so date etc.
4. Your CAC docs, account statement, If you're into buying and selling add receipts you use to purchase goods and the receipts of sales, add your tax clearance certificates, you can also add assets of the business such as cars, buildings etc.
Flakky26:
my son (minor) and I want to apply for a visitor visa to visit a brother in Canada. i have the ff question

1. Am I to choose a group ?Do you want to apply for more than 1 person at the same time?
2. Where and How much do I get a Police character certificate in Abuja?
3. What are some points I can write as What will I be doing during my visit? * Tell us more about what you'll do in Canada. Include dates.
4. I am self-employed meaning I am the ceo my company, what official docs or letter can I show from my company supporting my travelling?

thank you

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Flakky26(f): 9:18am On Oct 13, 2022
thank you

opezi:
1. Yes
2. You dont need this for a visitor visa
3. Which province are you going to? Check google for tourist attractions there. eg If you're going to Calgary you can say you'll be visiting banff on so and so date etc.
4. Your CAC docs, account statement, If you're into buying and selling add receipts you use to purchase goods and the receipts of sales, add your tax clearance certificates, you can also add assets of the business such as cars, buildings etc.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Flakky26(f): 12:42pm On Oct 13, 2022
do i need to write statement of purpose for visitor visa to canada
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kayceekay: 10:57pm On Oct 13, 2022
iamleye:
PPR Alert!

Timeline:

PPR - October 04th 2022

Documents:

Invitation Letter
Proof of Accommodation
Employment offer Letter
PR Card.

Please, did you submit insurance along with the application for your mum? I heard you need to pay for health insurance for super visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 14, 2022
Kindly attend to this question if you have any useful information.
mohammedabiodun:
Anyone with latest information on the optional document - imm5257b that keeps popping up?
Is it uploadable now?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MaameU: 11:50am On Oct 14, 2022
Hi Family, a friend of mine who applied for VV more than a month after I did received his biometric validity and passport request on the same day which was yester but I have only received my biometric validity letter and my application is still showing as submitted. Please how do I request for GCM notes. Also, how do I contact the VO via email. Kindly help.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oldfashioned145: 2:50pm On Oct 14, 2022
Your PPR is coming

MaameU:
Hi Family, a friend of mine who applied for VV more than a month after I did received his biometric validity and passport request on the same day which was yester but I have only received my biometric validity letter and my application is still showing as submitted. Please how do I request for GCM notes. Also, how do I contact the VO via email. Kindly help.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oldfashioned145: 2:52pm On Oct 14, 2022
Hi.

Does anyone know of any MP in Regina who responds to mail without asking for an appointment.

Its Urgent pls.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Makibarbie: 3:48pm On Oct 14, 2022
Please when did your friend apply?

MaameU:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrlycan: 5:20pm On Oct 14, 2022
Good evening House,
Please I need your advice on this. Someone close to me needs help. Her daughter is a nurse in the US and she gave birth going to about a year now, this is someone who waited for over 10 years without a child. Long story short, the US embassy denied the mum twice, the second time was yesterday.

So I want to advice her if they can take the Canada route. Something like getting a visitors visa and meet up with the daughter in canada , maybe for vacation for a month or few weeks, then when she returns, she can then try US again because I wonder why US will deny someone who wants to see her grandchild.

Please advice, so I can recommend the best solution for her. Also the daughter is resident in the US with her family.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sara2022: 6:52pm On Oct 14, 2022
kayceekay:

Please, did you submit insurance along with the application for your mum? I heard you need to pay for health insurance for super visa.

Yes you need to submit Super Visa insurance for 1 year, minimum of $100k coverage and paid in full.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 8:10pm On Oct 14, 2022
Good evening everyone , please what’s the first step for visitors visa for a family ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 2:20am On Oct 15, 2022
Flakky26:
do i need to write statement of purpose for visitor visa to canada

Yes, I would advise you to do it. You can tag it "Purpose of Visit" or "Statement of Intent". it would give the VO a picture of your travel plans since you won't be there to defend yourself.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 2:57am On Oct 15, 2022
mrlycan:
Good evening House,
Please I need your advice on this. Someone close to me needs help. Her daughter is a nurse in the US and she gave birth going to about a year now, this is someone who waited for over 10 years without a child. Long story short, the US embassy denied the mum twice, the second time was yesterday.

So I want to advice her if they can take the Canada route. Something like getting a visitors visa and meet up with the daughter in canada , maybe for vacation for a month or few weeks, then when she returns, she can then try US again because I wonder why US will deny someone who wants to see her grandchild.

Please advice, so I can recommend the best solution for her. Also the daughter is resident in the US with her family.

There is something the US Consulate Visa officer is not convinced about, and you may need to speak to your friend to carefully analyse what she has put forward to the visa officer in the 1st and 2nd interviews. She might have the same refusal issue if that is not corrected before a 3rd trial. It can be painful, especially when you need to see your grandchild.

She must understand what the US Visa officers are concerned about, and the clues often come from the line of questioning. i.e. What questions did the officer ask, and what was her response? Did her response align with what she filled in her DS160 visa application form? You can get more clues from the US Visitor visa thread. Your friend has to ensure what is filled in her mum's DS160 in the first and second attempts is consistent with what she will fill in for her mum in the 3rd attempt. She should review it carefully for her mum to ensure nothing looks off that would violate her visa conditions.

One area she would need to work on is strong ties to Nigeria and something that would compel her to return home. Her daughter being established in the US would be a concern for the officer, so there needs to be a more robust picture that her mum will return home and not overstay.

She can apply for Canada visit visa, but she still needs to convince the Canada Immigration officer she is eligible and meets all the criteria for a visit visa. She must also declare the US refusals in her application, state what she thinks is the reason for her refusal and why her situation has further improved, making her eligible for the Canada visit visa.

I wish your friend the best in her subsequent attempt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) ... (1096) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.