Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (572) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2332648 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (1106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 5:20pm On Dec 16, 2022
Merovingian:
Thank you for this information. I am in same situation, applied Nov 4, did biometrics at Lagos VAC a week after and got PPR Dec 14. I used the new portal and I have a valid US visa as well.

My question is I can do DHL, or walk-in to Lagos VFS? If I do walk-in to Lagos VFS, do I pick up there too when passport is stamped or it will be delivered to my address of choice? Are there any fees for walk-in?

VFS do not do physical passport submission & collection. You would need to use a courier. Pay for two way courier.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 5:37pm On Dec 16, 2022
congrat

primusmaximus:

Thank you. Bank statements (USD and Naira), Investment evidence (Fixed deposit and Mutual Funds), Land documents, e-ticket/boarding passes for my last 5 trips (Europe, America, and East Africa), Pay slips, Employment letter, Tax cert, Letter of Invitation, and Statement of purpose (I stated here that I'll be in Florida in February and will use that opportunity to visit a friend in Canada for some days).
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by piscesnow(f): 4:29am On Dec 17, 2022
Hello fam. Please quick question. I just got PPR yesterday and I am traveling tomorrow to be back on the 14th of January. Also saw that PPR validity request is for 30days. My problem is I don’t know if I can submit in the US but my dear is I don’t want to get stranded and be waiting for passport to fly back to Nigeria.
Also please my return is on the 14th and the next working day is 16th which is 30 days from the day I received the PPR please I don’t know if anyone has been I. This position and what is adviced. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Africankel(m): 5:47am On Dec 17, 2022
You can submit your passport in the US.

piscesnow:
Hello fam. Please quick question. I just got PPR yesterday and I am traveling tomorrow to be back on the 14th of January. Also saw that PPR validity request is for 30days. My problem is I don’t know if I can submit in the US but my dear is I don’t want to get stranded and be waiting for passport to fly back to Nigeria.
Also please my return is on the 14th and the next working day is 16th which is 30 days from the day I received the PPR please I don’t know if anyone has been I. This position and what is adviced. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 6:22am On Dec 17, 2022
piscesnow:

You can submit via vfs in usa and it faster ..you can even give then a call ahead to confirm
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 8:51am On Dec 17, 2022
primusmaximus:

I'm not sure when the eligibility review was done. I applied last month and did my biometrics on the 29th... about 2 weeks ago.

You didn't apply from Nigeria right?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 8:52am On Dec 17, 2022
primusmaximus:

Yeah, I have valid US and UK Visas.... I also traveled to US, UK and Mexico in the last 3 months

Ohh, no wonder
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Marpol: 8:55am On Dec 17, 2022
primusmaximus:
Hello All. I got my passport request today (Visit visa)... can I send my passport through DHL or I need to go there physically?

Go there physically between 8am to 10am Mondays to Fridays.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tuton: 12:19am On Dec 18, 2022
olasubomy:

VFS do not do physical passport submission & collection. You would need to use a courier. Pay for two way courier.
There’s been a change to that. VFS does physical submission. I was there last Thursday in Abuja and people for submission were attended to. The time is 8am - 10am.

Not to sure of collection but saw people come and they were asked to confirm the passports before leaving the counter.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tuton: 12:21am On Dec 18, 2022
Merovingian:
Thank you for this information. I am in same situation, applied Nov 4, did biometrics at Lagos VAC a week after and got PPR Dec 14. I used the new portal and I have a valid US visa as well.

My question is I can do DHL, or walk-in to Lagos VFS? If I do walk-in to Lagos VFS, do I pick up there too when passport is stamped or it will be delivered to my address of choice? Are there any fees for walk-in?

You can do both. For DHL, do a 2 way courier.
If you choose to do walk in for Lagos VSF, you have to pay 1 way courier (VFS services-18,710) for it to be delivered to the address of choice.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 7:25am On Dec 18, 2022
tuton:

There’s been a change to that. VFS does physical submission. I was there last Thursday in Abuja and people for submission were attended to. The time is 8am - 10am.

Not to sure of collection but saw people come and they were asked to confirm the passports before leaving the counter.

That is good to know. Thanks for the update. Does this also affect Lagos or just Abuja?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by primusmaximus: 6:00pm On Dec 18, 2022
Betterlife30:

You didn't apply from Nigeria right?

I applied in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by primusmaximus: 6:06pm On Dec 18, 2022
tuton:

Oh no.. you dont have to fly anywhere. If you dont live in Abuja or Lagos. Just go to DHL and tell them you want to pay for a 2 way courier.

Abuja is faster. If you didn't do biometrics in Abuja and you want to send to Abuja(please pay the transmission fee(9410) and sms fee 990).

But if you are not in a hurry. Just submit to Lagos if thats where you did biometrics.

The process involved in passport stamping:

Abuja Address;Visa Application Centre, sterling bank plaza, 3rd floor, plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way, Central Business District, Abuja Nigeria

Lagos Address; Visa Application Centre Ground Floor, The Manor Plot 110, Admiral ayinla way, lekki phase 1 lagos Nigeria

Requirement; if you did your biometrics in abuja, Theres no fee except for delivery fees.
buy an envelope.

IF NOT, You will first pay a transmission fee of N9410 to CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION account(0065165839) Sterling bank
Then print the receipt from your phone(coloured).

if you did your biometrics in lagos. Go to DHL closer to you and pay for 2-way courier and also pay for insurance to be sent to canada VAC Abuja, buy a fresh brown envelope and add the following NB; remember to give DHL a return address since its a 2 way courier

1.)put two photocopies of your passport data page(coloured)
2.)your yellow or white biometric strip(if you have misplaced these paper go to VFS so theyll sort you out). If you dont have the slip you can still send it regardless or you can add the BVL(biometric validation letter)
3.)Passport request letter
4.)1 copy of the consent form downloaded and signed( note u are filling and signing just the second page of your consent form)
3.)the passport itself
4.)one plain sheet of paper where you can write your Name, address, Email, phone number and signature
5.)one coloured copy of the receipt of the transmission fee payment

The transmission fee has been updated to (N9930 + 990 sms fee optional). Thanks again.

A VFS agent sent below to me:

Once you receive notification from the Government of Canada requesting your passport, you can submit the passport and the request letter: In person (without appointment, just walk in ) you are visit the application Centre between 08:00 am and 10:00 am, Mon-Fri. Please include the following Document when visiting the Vac In person: International Passport (per applicant) A dully Filled and printed copy of Vfs consent form (2 copies) (attached) or https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/apply-visa Passport request letter from the IRCC 2 copies of passport data page (phone number and email address written on it (per applicant) *Collection print out slip given after biometrics (per applicant) Proof of payment for Package Transmission fee per applicant (9930 + 990 sms fee optional) or Personal Debit Card ATM to pay at the vac

By courier to the CVAC address mentioned on the “Contact” page. Please include the following Document when you send courier to the Visa Application Centre: International Passport (per applicant) A duly Filled and printed copy of Vfs consent form (2 copies) (attached) or https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/apply-visa Passport request letter from the IRCC 2 copies of passport data page (phone number and email address written on it (per applicant) *Collection print out slip given after biometrics (per applicant) Proof of payment for Package Transmission fee per applicant (#9930 + 990 sms fee optional) All passports can be sent to the application center in one package.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by fashionicon: 5:09am On Dec 19, 2022
Hello all, i applied since April 30th for my sis using the online portal but still not heard anything yet, is there something we should be doing?
i am hoping she can be here before mid January to help when the baby is here .i did not mention my pregnancy in the application. please advise on what to o next. thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by noeloge82(m): 7:03am On Dec 19, 2022
fashionicon:
Hello all, i applied since April 30th for my sis using the online portal but still not heard anything yet, is there something we should be doing?
i am hoping she can be here before mid January to help when the baby is here .i did not mention my pregnancy in the application. please advise on what to o next. thanks
Are you a PR holder or a Citizen if you are , then you could get a Doctors Advice showing your EDD and attach to a web form asking for a speedy approval on health grounds then you will also write to IRCC stating on the need for your sisters application to approved on time because of the current development and her presence will highly be of help as she will assist u during this period attach the EDD , get a medical report from your doctor attach all and send but if your not a PR Holder or Citizen well you just be hopeful because their many VV applicants of March without response yet , you can just send web forms asking to help look into your application as it have way passed processing time .
Good luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chrizarus247: 9:37pm On Dec 19, 2022
Help, my portal stating that my visa applications has been issued since November 14th.

It's been officially 1 month since my study visa has been issued on my passport and to this date I have not been notified of my passport return for collections at the vfs office abuja.

Have Contacted vfs and visited personal said passport still in process at the embassy.

I am very worried about all this delays as it might affect my accademic section which resumes January next year.

I am yet to make my travel arrangements due to not having my passport.

I'd like to know how to go about getting my passport back on time.

I'm stuck and without my passport I can't do anything.

Thanks all.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by fashionicon: 1:32am On Dec 20, 2022
thanks for your help on this. Yes i am a PR. i have submitted a webform. Please what address am i writing to IRCC
noeloge82:

Are you a PR holder or a Citizen if you are , then you could get a Doctors Advice showing your EDD and attach to a web form asking for a speedy approval on health grounds then you will also write to IRCC stating on the need for your sisters application to approved on time because of the current development and her presence will highly be of help as she will assist u during this period attach the EDD , get a medical report from your doctor attach all and send but if your not a PR Holder or Citizen well you just be hopeful because their many VV applicants of March without response yet , you can just send web forms asking to help look into your application as it have way passed processing time .
Good luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Obinrinimi: 5:42pm On Dec 20, 2022
Hello,

Please how long does it usually take to receive PPR after eligibility review?

Thank you all for the good works.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by erock2477: 8:21pm On Dec 20, 2022
Last year October, I applied for Visit Visa to Canada for my wife to give birth to our child there, the application wasn’t attended to on time until she give birth in February

So in August, I sent a Withdrawal Form to them via web form since we wanted to start new application for Study Visa

So since then, I didn’t check the Visa application portal again.

I just decided to login my account now

So I noticed they sent me Original Passport Request since August 15th which I didn’t know

Not until now…..And the PPR is valid for 30 days from the date, meaning the date has past…..Is there any way we can still claim that back.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Farrang: 8:54pm On Dec 20, 2022
TRV alert
Approved more than a month after the intended date of visit (conference)
Date of application: 1st August, 2022
Biometrics: 2019 (applied and got approved for the first time in 2019 to attend a conference)
Gost update: 22nd November, 2022
Eligibility review started: 22nd November, 2022 (still ongoing after approval)
Long wait!
Correspondence Letter: 20th December, 2022
Original passport request: 20th December, 2022
Documents
1. Conference invitation letter
2. Copy of abstract
3. Previous passports and visas (including expired US visas, expired Canadian visa and others)
4. Flight booking
5. Updated CV and certificates
6. Letter of introduction from employer
7. Statement of purpose
8. Last child's birth certificate (this was actually a mistake but I later let it be and explained it in my statement of purpose as the child came after my last visit to Canada and the document was not in my profile)
9. No hotel booking (explained that would be done after the visa is granted)
10. No statement of account (not required for CAN+)
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Shegzy760: 9:39pm On Dec 20, 2022
Congratulations.

TRV alert
Biometrics: 2019 (applied and got approved for the first time in 2019 to attend a conference)
Long wait!
Documents
2. Copy of abstract
3. Previous passports and visas (including expired US visas, expired Canadian visa and others)
4. Flight booking
7. Statement of purpose
8. Last child's birth certificate (this was actually a mistake but I later let it be and explained it in my statement of purpose as the child came after my last visit to Canada and the document was not in my profile)
10. No statement of account (not required for CAN+)[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Shegzy760: 9:41pm On Dec 20, 2022
Congratulations
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by purespikes: 9:44pm On Dec 20, 2022
Farrang:
TRV alert
Long wait!
Documents
2. Copy of abstract
4. Flight booking
7. Statement of purpose
10. No statement of account (not required for CAN+)
Congratulations
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lagsam: 11:18pm On Dec 20, 2022
Good evening to all the participants as well as silent observers.
I need good advise and suggestions regarding VV to canada. I have a sibling in Canada (citizen). I am working here i Nigeria with a religion organisation and also present a post graduate student of a university in Lagos running my M,Sc.
I intent to travel to Canada around April spending just 2 weeks.
I plan to take these steps in my application:
1. Obtain letter from my employer as a voluntary/freelance worker.
2. Obtain letter from my department in School ( as a part time post graduate student).
3. Plan to register my agribusiness by January 2023 as evidence of a good tie in nigeria
4. Obtain letter of invitation from my brother
5. Include a professional exam i intend to write in may 2023 and evidence of registration for the exam
6. Planning to register for 2 international conference in canada coming up between 20th April and 26th April 2023. the 2 conferences are holding in 2 different province. one related to my Academic and the other one on Agric which is related to my business.
Kindly advice on my chances of getting approval for the visiting visa and other suggestions that can boost my chances.
Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ednut1(m): 11:33pm On Dec 20, 2022
lagsam:
Good evening to all the participants as well as silent observers.
I need good advise and suggestions regarding VV to canada. I have a sibling in Canada (citizen). I am working here i Nigeria with a religion organisation and also present a post graduate student of a university in Lagos running my M,Sc.
I intent to travel to Canada around April spending just 2 weeks.
I plan to take these steps in my application:
1. Obtain letter from my employer as a voluntary/freelance worker.
2. Obtain letter from my department in School ( as a part time post graduate student).
3. Plan to register my agribusiness by January 2023 as evidence of a good tie in nigeria
4. Obtain letter of invitation from my brother
5. Include a professional exam i intend to write in may 2023 and evidence of registration for the exam
6. Planning to register for 2 international conference in canada coming up between 20th April and 26th April 2023. the 2 conferences are holding in 2 different province. one related to my Academic and the other one on Agric which is related to my business.
Kindly advice on my chances of getting approval for the visiting visa and other suggestions that can boost my chances.
Thank you
Apply and wait for the outcome
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by biggybanking: 12:14am On Dec 21, 2022
TRV Alert:
Submitted Application 25th August to attend kid sisters graduation in October,
18th October request for Biometrics fee reciept
December 21st Passport Request

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lanrywatt(m): 3:11am On Dec 21, 2022
PLEASE DID YOU ACTUALLY BOOKED A FLIGHT BY PAYING FOR YOUR TRIP, BECAUSE WHILE I WAS UPLOADING DOCUMENT IT ASKED FOR TRAVEL ITERNARY
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lanrywatt(m): 3:11am On Dec 21, 2022
biggybanking:
TRV Alert:
Submitted Application 25th August to attend kid sisters graduation in October,
18th October request for Biometrics fee reciept
December 21st Passport Request

HOW DID YOU GO ABOUT TRAVEL ITERNARY
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 3:24am On Dec 21, 2022
lanrywatt:
PLEASE DID YOU ACTUALLY BOOKED A FLIGHT BY PAYING FOR YOUR TRIP, BECAUSE WHILE I WAS UPLOADING DOCUMENT IT ASKED FOR TRAVEL ITERNARY

Do not pay ticket...you can go online and book via ethiopia airline and it show the price and attach it even as a screenshot..that what visa need to estimate if you can cover ur trip financially ...even the embassy advice not to buy ticket or pay ur trip before you get ur visa becos ticket purchase do not gurantee visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Wifefo88: 1:49pm On Dec 21, 2022
Hi Nairaland Family…My mother’s vv application just got approved…she applied on May 17 2022..eligibility of review started on Friday 9th December 2022 and she got BVL and PPR today.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 3:49pm On Dec 21, 2022
Wifefo88:
Hi Nairaland Family…My mother’s vv application just got approved…she applied on May 17 2022..eligibility of review started on Friday 9th December 2022 and she got BVL and PPR today.

Big Congrats to your mum.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Shegzy760: 4:42pm On Dec 21, 2022
Congratulations to your Mum.
Did you use the old or new portal for the application?
Please which visa office processed the visa?
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (1106) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Talksub(m), uchennay, chiomapx(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.