Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (573) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2342019 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (1109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Wifefo88: 4:57pm On Dec 21, 2022
Shegzy760:
Congratulations to your Mum.
Did you use the old or new portal for the application?
Please which visa office processed the visa?
Thank you.

I used the new portal…I guess it was processed in Nairobi because when I messaged them for an update I got a response from Nairobi
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cityboy123: 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2022
Hello, Please i need your suggestions guys.
Applying to go for a conference in Canada or applying for 3 week’s summer academic program in a university in canada. I am currently a master student in a university in Eastern Europe. Which one has a higher visa assurance?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Symbae: 7:54pm On Dec 21, 2022
Please who knows the requirement and process for passport submission to vac London. I have just received ppr
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lanrywatt(m): 10:44pm On Dec 21, 2022
House34:

Do not pay ticket...you can go online and book via ethiopia airline and it show the price and attach it even as a screenshot..that what visa need to estimate if you can cover ur trip financially ...even the embassy advice not to buy ticket or pay ur trip before you get ur visa becos ticket purchase do not gurantee visa.
THANKS.. used a dummy ticket already. so just the screenshot where the price is showing would have worked..info is key
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chidinma54055: 7:48am On Dec 22, 2022
Please I have been trying to login to my IRCC account via the new portal but is saying user not found. I want to know if there is anybody experiencing the same issue. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NwaOla: 8:53am On Dec 22, 2022
I’m experiencing same

Chidinma54055:
Please I have been trying to login to my IRCC account via the new portal but is saying user not found. I want to know if there is anybody experiencing the same issue. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tolifefun: 9:32am On Dec 22, 2022
Cityboy123:
Hello, Please i need your suggestions guys.
Applying to go for a conference in Canada or applying for 3 week’s summer academic program in a university in canada. I am currently a master student in a university in Eastern Europe. Which one has a higher visa assurance?
student visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NOSRWebs: 9:33am On Dec 22, 2022
Have you heard about the Maldives beach that glows?

https://zodiacpsycho.com/maldives-beach-that-glows/

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cityboy123: 9:42am On Dec 22, 2022
Tolifefun:
student visa

Not like a long time program tho. Just 3 weeks short time summer academic program
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EDeedee1: 10:01am On Dec 22, 2022
Same with me too
Chidinma54055:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chidinma54055: 11:30am On Dec 22, 2022
EDeedee1:
Same with me too

Please when did you apply? I applied since July and tried logging in since yesterday but it’s giving me user not found
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 11:38am On Dec 22, 2022
Chidinma54055:

Same here too
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gonegreen: 12:37pm On Dec 22, 2022
It's a general problem, I think.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tolifefun: 6:29pm On Dec 22, 2022
gonegreen:
It's a general problem, I think.
system upgrade ongoing
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tolifefun: 6:33pm On Dec 22, 2022
Cityboy123:

Not like a long time program tho. Just 3 weeks short time summer academic program
are you spending just 3weeks in Canada and return to Nigeria? Have you gotten an invite?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chiomapx(m): 1:51pm On Dec 24, 2022
Please 18th of this month December 2022 made it 4months I did my Biometrics for a visiting visa the program is coming up tomorrow 25th of December 2022 in a church in Ontario but till now I haven't heard from the embassy.. my Visa hasn't been approved... Please who knows what's going on.. is there any issues with Canadian embassy...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ednut1(m): 1:59pm On Dec 24, 2022
chiomapx:
Please 18th of this month December 2022 made it 4months I did my Biometrics for a visiting visa the program is coming up tomorrow 25th of December 2022 in a church in Ontario but till now I haven't heard from the embassy.. my Visa hasn't been approved... Please who knows what's going on.. is there any issues with Canadian embassy...
its looks like they are not prioritizing visits visa. People that applied in January to March this year. Many have not gotten any response .

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 3:36pm On Dec 24, 2022
chiomapx:

Some people apply over a year and still no reply..ircc now focus more on student applicant atleast that generate more money for the govt and without internarional student many schools cannot survive financially but l hope they clear the tourist applicant backlog soon

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by biggybanking: 10:36pm On Dec 25, 2022
lanrywatt:

HOW DID YOU GO ABOUT TRAVEL ITERNARY
I outlined all what would be doing on a daily basis, flight reservation and when i would arrive and depart, accommodation reservation.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kajolplus: 4:29am On Dec 26, 2022
Greetings house,

I paid application & biometric fees online and submitted application online too.

I got an email to do biometric at VFS.

Do I need to book appointment before going to VFS for biometric?

Do I pay VFS for biometric service? If yes, at what stage would I pay it?

Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tolifefun: 7:36am On Dec 26, 2022
Kajolplus:
Greetings house,

I paid application & biometric fees online and submitted application online too.

Thanks.
you said you have paid for application and biometrics fees , why asking the stage you need to pay for biometrics?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tolifefun: 7:38am On Dec 26, 2022
Kajolplus:
Greetings house,

Thanks.
you will receive appointment letter after biometrics payment. No extra charges.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tolifefun: 7:41am On Dec 26, 2022
Kajolplus:
Greetings house,

Thanks.
go with your appointment letter and photo copy of your data passport page together with your international passport. No extra charges
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kajolplus: 7:59am On Dec 26, 2022
Tolifefun:
go with your appointment letter and photo copy of your data passport page together with your international passport. No extra charges

Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gonegreen: 8:27am On Dec 26, 2022
You do not need to pay an extra fee to VFS. You will need to book an appointment at the VFS website. After that, your appointment letter will be sent to your email. Take the appointment letter with you, including the biometrics notification letter you downloaded from your IRCC account and two copies of your passport data page for your appointment at the VFS center.

Note: There is no walk-in service for biometrics. You must book an appointment with VFS. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ednut1(m): 10:41am On Dec 26, 2022
My mum applied last week of September, got ppr last week. A relative also applied in May , no response till now. Hmmmm
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tolifefun: 9:31pm On Dec 26, 2022
Kajolplus:

Thank you.
You need two coloured photocopy of your passport data page and your appointment letter. Photocopy is #500 per copy for lekki /Ajah o. but you can get it done at #100 elsewhere
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Belleh: 3:29am On Dec 27, 2022
Hello people
My mum just got passport request letter for her visitor's visa. Pls I would like to verify what she needs to send alongside her passport and if she'll be paying any extra fees. She did her biometrics in Vfs Lagos. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gonegreen: 6:39am On Dec 27, 2022
Please see attached.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EDeedee1: 9:51am On Dec 27, 2022
Belleh:
Hello people
My mum just got passport request letter for her visitor's visa. Pls I would like to verify what she needs to send alongside her passport and if she'll be paying any extra fees. She did her biometrics in Vfs Lagos. Thank you
congratulations, can you please share her timeline with us?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Belleh: 6:51am On Dec 28, 2022
Thank you for the info....so she would still pay the transmission fee if she has the biometrics slip?
gonegreen:
Please see attached.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Belleh: 6:53am On Dec 28, 2022
Thanks...I submitted her application June 15th this year...she did her biometrics June 24th....Biometrics was updated on her account August 26th and then silence.
The passport request letter was sent on 23rd of December
EDeedee1:
congratulations, can you please share her timeline with us?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (1109) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: olakunle10, maziemeka2024 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.