Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (621) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2323830 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 7:31am On Apr 23, 2023
Then just upload only the documents asked of you, nothing to worry about.

Applicants that have traveled to Canada within the last 10 years or hold a valid non-immigrant US visa qualify for CAN+ ( expedited processing).

This is the reason why you were asked for limited documents to upload.

Regards,

Blessedone100:
Yes. I have an expired Canada tourist visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 7:37am On Apr 23, 2023
All refused cry

Blessedone100:

Good morning! Thanks for your concern. I have an expired Canada tourist visa. However I reapplied last year with my family and we were all refused. The reason was because our ties with home country will be weak since I am traveling with my family. Now, I want to reapply alone using the new portal, but I couldn't find any provision to upload sufficient supporting documents.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 7:40am On Apr 23, 2023
Hi,

In that case, upload other documents through webform once you have submitted your application, ensure you write your UCI and Application numbers clearly on the webform.

Write a detailed Letter.

Even without these, i still believe you will be granted the visa since your family will be staying back (For me i will apply again with my Family and write a detailed Letter; i have been traveling with my Family since inception without issues).

I would like to ask, are you the only one who traveled to Canada Previously?
What is your other family members' travel history?

Regards,

Blessedone100:

Good morning! Thanks for your concern. I have an expired Canada tourist visa. However I reapplied last year with my family and we were all refused. The reason was because our ties with home country will be weak since I am traveling with my family. Now, I want to reapply alone using the new portal, but I couldn't find any provision to upload sufficient supporting documents.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Blessedone100: 8:22am On Apr 23, 2023
Many thanks for your advise. It's well appreciated. I have traveled twice previously. My family members don't have travel history.

josephb:
Hi,

In that case, upload other documents through webform once you have submitted your application, ensure you write your UCI and Application numbers clearly on the webform.

Write a detailed Letter.

Even without these, i still believe you will be granted the visa since your family will be staying back (For me i will apply again with my Family and write a detailed Letter; i have been traveling with my Family since inception without issues).

I would like to ask, are you the only one who traveled to Canada Previously?
What is your other family members' travel history?

Regards,

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hola55: 8:24am On Apr 23, 2023
Makibarbie:
Hi guys,

My GCMS note just came in now and it has about 11 pages of some informations.

The eligibility says passed
Criminality: passed
Info sharing: complete
Counterfoil: Y

Does this mean i am waiting for just PPR? Or is there any other stage after this?

Have you gotten your Bvl and PPR? If NO,what the status of your application on the tracker,your biometric, eligibility and background check now.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gonegreen: 8:54am On Apr 23, 2023
Blessedone100:
Good evening All.
I am trying to apply for a visit to Canada through the new portal. I filled the questionnaire in the application link. A list of documents to upload was generated. Surprisingly, the supporting documents requested are just my passport and identity card. The optional documents provided are for those applying for work permit.
I could not find anywhere to upload bank account statement, letter from employer and other supporting documents to support my application.
Please house kindly advise. Thanks.

Go back to the questionnaire and check; maybe you didn't answer the questions correctly as applied to your visa class.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Karmora(f): 9:01am On Apr 23, 2023
Karmora:

Good evening
Please where do I get the consent form ?

Please can someone answer, thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 9:14am On Apr 23, 2023
Blessedone100:

That simply means you qualified for Can+.
Only submit documents you are asked for, do not submit any documents through webform, if they need extra info from you, you will be notified.

They have all your travel histories to Canada.

Ignore the part for work permit.

Lastly make sure you state your refusal
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 9:16am On Apr 23, 2023
Karmora:

Good evening
Please where do I get the consent form ?

Google VFS consent form

It's all over the place

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Europ2018(m): 9:32am On Apr 23, 2023
Please What’s do I do the tracker show a mail was sent out to me the 20 April 2023 , but I did not receive any email.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tunmiiee: 10:03am On Apr 23, 2023
Have you checked your Gckeys account?
Europ2018:
Please What’s do I do the tracker show a mail was sent out to me the 20 April 2023 , but I did not receive any email.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Europ2018(m): 10:07am On Apr 23, 2023
Tunmiiee:
Have you checked your Gckeys account?

I don’t have Gckey account, I have tried creating but unsuccessful
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fimmyjay: 11:04am On Apr 23, 2023
oluayebenz:

Only submit documents you are asked for, do not submit any documents through webform, if they need extra info from you, you will be notified.

Please how do I start my application for visit/ tourist visa for Canada. I learnt is better to do it yourself. Please can I get the website and possibly other information I need to fill the form and submit.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by HoluwaLexyB12: 11:06am On Apr 23, 2023
Karmora:

Documents:
-2 duly signed consent forms.
-2 copies of the passport data page
-Passport Request Letter
-Yellow biometric slip
-Receipt of payment of transmission fee N9,410 (you will pay this fee if you didn't capture biometrics at Abuja VFS)
-Note the 990 SMS fee is compulsory. Pay it as well to the same account.
-A paper with your contact details: name, phone number, email address, and home address.

Pay the transmission fee to
Canada Logistics Collection Account
Sterling Bank Plc

Disclaimer: Please confirm the account details before any transaction.

Please on the paper with my contact details,can I write my present home address or the address on my application (it’s my parents house address on my application)
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chlowi(f): 11:07am On Apr 23, 2023
Europ2018:

How did you apply ? Paper ? Or Online ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chlowi(f): 11:07am On Apr 23, 2023
chlowi:
Please can anybody tell me what to do?
Someone forgot her GCkey username and password. She has tried to do forget password and imputed her email but nothing comes to the mail. Is there anything that can be done to retrieve her application?

Please someone should please respond to this 🙏
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 11:10am On Apr 23, 2023
Fimmyjay:

Please how do I start my application for visit/ tourist visa for Canada. I learnt is better to do it yourself. Please can I get the website and possibly other information I need to fill the form and submit.

cic.gc.ca

DIY is the best option

Canada visiting visa is tough.
Hope your ready for it?

What's your profile like? Travel history, jobs, family etc

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Europ2018(m): 11:32am On Apr 23, 2023
chlowi:

How did you apply ? Paper ? Or Online ?

Paper
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by angie88: 11:43am On Apr 23, 2023
This is definitely your ppr. Since u applied paper route and never linked ur application online,I will suggest u go back to vfs I think they will have an answer .
Europ2018:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Makibarbie: 12:59pm On Apr 23, 2023
Yes i have gotten my PPR
The background is still in progress on tracker.

Hola55:

Have you gotten your Bvl and PPR? If NO,what the status of your application on the tracker,your biometric, eligibility and background check now.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by frankiez33: 1:51pm On Apr 23, 2023
Europ2018:

Check for videos on YouTube, how to link paper application online.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chlowi(f): 3:35pm On Apr 23, 2023
angie88:
This is definitely your ppr. Since u applied paper route and never linked ur application online,I will suggest u go back to vfs I think they will have an answer .
I thought so too
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by etyno: 4:54pm On Apr 23, 2023
H
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kennyjam: 8:21pm On Apr 23, 2023
chlowi:

I haven't done study visa before , I really do not have that much info , except you'd have to consult those who have done study visa please

Thank you, Ma!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Blessedone100: 8:31pm On Apr 23, 2023
Thank you very much.

oluayebenz:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vicath(f): 9:22pm On Apr 23, 2023
DamilareOla:
Copied***

Passport Submission Information.

For Lagos Office:

Walk into any DHL or UPS store; you can google & check for the one's near you.

This is the address you will mail your documents to:

Canada Visa Application Centre
Ground Floor, The Manor
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Lekki Phase 1
Lagos
Nigeria

Documents to go with to the DHL Office:

- Two photocopies of your international passport data page
- Your International Passport itself
- Passport request letter
- Biometric confirmation slip (the document you were given after u did your Biometrics)
-Two copies of signed VFS consent forms

The VFS consent form is available at https://www./vfsconsentform.

Put everything in a Big Brown Envelope,

Write your FULL NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NO. & Email Address on the Envelope boldly

You may indicate you want a two-way courier service when you go to DHL. Then provide them with the address you want your passport sent to when ready.

For Abuja Office:

Put all the documents below in an envelope and send them to:

Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor
Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way, Central Business District
Abuja
Nigeria

Documents:
-2 duly signed consent forms.
-2 copies of the passport data page
-Passport Request Letter
-Yellow biometric slip
-Receipt of payment of transmission fee N9,410 (you will pay this fee if you didn't capture biometrics at Abuja VFS)
-A paper with your contact details: name, phone number, email address, and home address.

Pay the transmission fee to
Canada Logistics Collection Account
Sterling Bank Plc

Disclaimer: Please confirm the account details before any transaction.

Send your documents via DHL 2-way courier.

The contact information of VFS in Nigeria is available at https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/contact-us.

If you are submitting anywhere outside Nigeria, contact the local visa office to find out how to submit it.

must I receive a mail from VAC acknowledging that my passport was received. DHL has delivered to them for over two weeks but no message from them with the tracking ID
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hectorsoboy: 9:33pm On Apr 23, 2023
My wife's visa number finally updated to expire in Dec 2024 but I have the link to reissue her passport for 10yrs. Please who knows if I do so will they issue her atleast 5yrs visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by frankiez33: 11:01pm On Apr 23, 2023
vicath:
must I receive a mail from VAC acknowledging that my passport was received. DHL has delivered to them for over two weeks but no message from them with the tracking ID

Yes, you are supposed to get email notification with tracking ID. If you paid for SMS service, you are supposed to get sms notification as well.

Contact them tomorrow during working hours through their website live chat
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 11:02pm On Apr 23, 2023
Hectorsoboy:
My wife's visa number finally updated to expire in Dec 2024 but I have the link to reissue her passport for 10yrs. Please who knows if I do so will they issue her atleast 5yrs visa?

They will not.
They already finalize your wife visa application.
They work with her current passport which is still valid till 2024.

Actually there's nothing you can do to extend her visa.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.