Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (622) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2355323 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) ... (1114) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by etyno: 11:10pm On Apr 23, 2023
H
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gonegreen: 12:03am On Apr 24, 2023
Hectorsoboy:
My wife's visa number finally updated to expire in Dec 2024 but I have the link to reissue her passport for 10yrs. Please who knows if I do so will they issue her atleast 5yrs visa?

They will issue her the 10 years if you renew your passport before submission.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gonegreen: 12:12am On Apr 24, 2023
oluayebenz:

They will not.
They already finalize your wife visa application.
They work with her current passport which is still valid till 2024.

Actually there's nothing you can do to extend her visa.

This is not true, please. I have witnessed where IRCC extended visa expiry after passport renewal.

Can I ask you a question? What happens in the case where someone lost his passport before PPR?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gonegreen: 12:14am On Apr 24, 2023
etyno:
Hello my good people,

Pls how do I pay my visitor's visa application fees. Pls do not scroll by, it's urgent.

I have Searched the group but can't seem to find any leads.

I tried using my GTB naira master card d it's declining.

Also does anyone know how much I would be charged in naira for both visa fee and biometrics fee? Kindly respond.
Thanks in advance

Please use dollar card for your visa fee payment, it will go through.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 1:00am On Apr 24, 2023
Hi,

I love this question, very intelligent, personally, I feel this will work if the OP wants it so badly.

On this thread we have seen people whom their passports got Misplaced/Expired and sent new ones through webform to IRCC.

Regards,

gonegreen:

This is not true, please. I have witnessed where IRCC extended passport expiry after passport renewal.

Can I ask you a question? What happens in the case where someone lost his passport before PPR?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abbas01: 4:36am On Apr 24, 2023
Hello, I re-submitted visitors visa for my mother inlaw today after being refused the first application last year. Out of curiosity, I decided to check the processing time on IRCC website and was shocked to see that it will take approx 634 days to process visitors visa applications from Nigera. This is scary, wondering if this time frame is accurate?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Promzy40: 4:50am On Apr 24, 2023
Please anybody have idea of how much it cost to enrolled to truck driving school in canada. I appreciate your respond.thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ABSTRUSE: 5:10am On Apr 24, 2023
abbas01:
Hello, I re-submitted visitors visa for my mother inlaw today after being refused the first application last year. Out of curiosity, I decided to check the processing time on IRCC website and was shocked to see that it will take approx 634 days to process visitors visa applications from Nigera. This is scary, wondering if this time frame is accurate?

Very accurate!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DamilareOla: 6:07am On Apr 24, 2023
I believe not everyone gets an email notification. I know my wife received emails when they received her passport.

Did you pay the N990 fees?
What you can do is call their office.

Goodluck

vicath:
must I receive a mail from VAC acknowledging that my passport was received. DHL has delivered to them for over two weeks but no message from them with the tracking ID
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vicath(f): 6:22am On Apr 24, 2023
DamilareOla:
I believe not everyone gets an email notification. I know my wife received emails when they received her passport.

Goodluck

thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vicath(f): 6:23am On Apr 24, 2023
DamilareOla:

Goodluck

thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sundayolayemi: 8:19am On Apr 24, 2023
Good morning guys, i saw visa document number and date of expiry in my tracker. Please what's next.

Biometrics Completed
Eligibility Completed
Background Verification in Progress.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sundayolayemi: 8:33am On Apr 24, 2023
Jumms442:
My eligibility is completed, biometrics completed too on the tracker, background check is in progress, God Amighty pls do for me what youโ€™re doin for others , God of PPR locate me ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Under the *Document Status* tab, is there Visitor Visa number and expiry date there?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tunmiiee: 8:39am On Apr 24, 2023
Have you gotten your BVL?
Sundayolayemi:
Good morning guys, i saw visa document number and date of expiry in my tracker. Please what's next.

Biometrics Completed
Eligibility Completed
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sundayolayemi: 8:59am On Apr 24, 2023
Tunmiiee:
Have you gotten your BVL?

What is BVL please?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jumms442: 9:00am On Apr 24, 2023
Sundayolayemi:

Under the *Document Status* tab, is there Visitor Visa number and expiry date there?
no visa number and expiry date there
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 9:11am On Apr 24, 2023
gonegreen:

This is not true, please. I have witnessed where IRCC extended visa expiry after passport renewal.

Well if passport is sent through webform before decision is made, then I believe the visa validity might be extended but not in a case of after decision has been made.

Anyways what do I know?

OP should follow your advice and sent in a new passport. All the best
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hola55: 9:17am On Apr 24, 2023
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hola55: 9:21am On Apr 24, 2023
When did you noticed this? Have you been checking it before now?

quote author=Sundayolayemi
post=122710651]Good morning guys, i saw visa document number and date of expiry in my tracker. Please what's next.

Biometrics Completed
Eligibility Completed
[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sundayolayemi: 9:33am On Apr 24, 2023
Hola55:

When did you noticed this? Have you been checking it before now?

quote author=Sundayolayemi
post=122710651]Good morning guys, i saw visa document number and date of expiry in my tracker. Please what's next.

Biometrics Completed
Eligibility Completed

I just checked the tracker this morning. Last updated was 19th of April
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gonegreen: 9:33am On Apr 24, 2023
Sundayolayemi:

What is BVL please?

Biometrics Validity Letter (BVL)
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gonegreen: 9:36am On Apr 24, 2023
Sundayolayemi:

I just checked the tracker this morning. Last updated was 19th of April

From my findings, most last updates were done 19th of April, and it appears most of the applicant's statuses are similar. Let's be optimistic!

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tunmiiee: 9:37am On Apr 24, 2023
Biometric validation letter, have you checked your Gckeys account for any recent updates
Sundayolayemi:

What is BVL please?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hola55: 9:38am On Apr 24, 2023
Sundayolayemi:

What is BVL please?

Biometric Validity Letter, did you get any email ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Karmora(f): 9:44am On Apr 24, 2023
Good morning, please my uncle got this mail since 6 days ago and he dint know . So he was once refused a U.S visa but dint state it in his application, I remember someone has had that issue here but I have searched and canโ€™t find the page . Please help me he has just 4 days to give a very good reasons for his actions what show he say or do ?
Please he is time bound thanks ๐Ÿ™

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gonegreen: 9:46am On Apr 24, 2023
[quote author=oluayebenz post=122711640]

Well if passport is sent through webform before decision is made, then I believe the visa validity might be extended but not in a case of after decision has been made.

Anyways what do I know?

OP should follow your advice and sent in a new passport. All the best

The same applies even after decision. IRCC does not issue visas beyond the passport expiration date. They always issue visas according to passport expiration date except in a few cases, which is rare.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 9:49am On Apr 24, 2023
[quote author=gonegreen post=122712438][/quote]

Can they issue beyond biometric expiration date?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gonegreen: 9:50am On Apr 24, 2023
Karmora:
Good morning, please my uncle got this mail since 6 days ago and he dint know . So he was once refused a U.S visa but dint state it in his application, I remember someone has had that issue here but I have searched and canโ€™t find the page . Please help me he has just 4 days to give a very good reasons for his actions what show he say or do ?

It would help if you told us why he was refused US Visa to enable us to advise the way forward.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hola55: 9:55am On Apr 24, 2023
Karmora:

When did your uncle applied?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Karmora(f): 10:02am On Apr 24, 2023
gonegreen:

It would help if you told us why he was refused US Visa to enable us to advise the way forward.

Nothing serious at all , no home ties I think . He has China visas and other countries also . So while applying for Canada he just decided there was not need adding the U.S refusal . That was the mistake
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ikiloba: 10:06am On Apr 24, 2023
Okay he should send them a web form stating why he didn't mention is us visa refusal or why he forgot to input it into is application.
I think we had similar issue here last week.
Karmora:

Nothing serious at all , no home ties I think . He has China visas and other countries also . So while applying for Canada he just decided there was not need adding the U.S refusal . That was the mistake
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sundayolayemi: 10:19am On Apr 24, 2023
Tunmiiee:
Biometric validation letter, have you checked your Gckeys account for any recent updates

Yes. All still under process but on the tracker, Eligibility Is completed, Biometrics in Completed, Background check in progress and I have Visa Number and Expiry date.

And yes, I received BVL last week.

(1) (2) (3) ... (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) ... (1114) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Queenfunlola(f), anid54

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.