Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (640) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2321151 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Succeed04: 1:33am On May 02, 2023
Hello gurus,

Does ircc approve visa application while the passport has expired?

If they do, how do they determine the visa expiry date. Because they would not know whether one has renewed the passport or not.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by yourfavourite: 2:02am On May 02, 2023
please i am trying to fill out my application myself for a tourist visa and i need clarity. please is it compulsory to fill the consent personal information form since i am applying for myself.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Deronke1: 2:16am On May 02, 2023
So i heard the strike has been called off.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Xyz7: 2:34am On May 02, 2023
Hello everyone my visa has been updated on the tracker,am waiting for ppr,my issue is that I applied and did my biometrics in lagos and am presently in london,how do i go about pp submission in london?pls I need suggestions
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 3:38am On May 02, 2023
CHANNELStv2020:

So according to the visitor's number when is her visa expiring?
There’s expiry date on the tracker. Canada gives visit visa according to validity of your int’l passport. Meaning the visa expiry date is when international passport expires.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 3:38am On May 02, 2023
yourfavourite:
please i am trying to fill out my application myself for a tourist visa and i need clarity. please is it compulsory to fill the consent personal information form since i am applying for myself.
No. You don’t need to upload any document in the section.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DamilareOla: 3:55am On May 02, 2023
if you have a renewed passport ready, send the new travel document to IRCC via webform.

We applied in September 2022 for my spouse with a passport that is due to expire in May 2023. In January 2023, we renewed her passport and sent it via webform in March 2023. Her visa was approved on the 14th of April, and it still showed the about-to-expire passport on the tracker. As of the day they approved, we still sent webform telling them to update it, especially because the tracker still showed the about-to-expire passport. Her passport has been stamped, and they have now updated the passport details to the new passport we sent to them.

So if you have a new passport, send it to them. If you do not, you may decide to go and do a new passport still. Just send the passport data page to them via webform and courier the fresh passport once her PPR lands.

Good luck.

SirAlexOsho:

Sir, Please I need your advise on something. My wife just received her BVL and checking the application status, it seems she will get the visa she she alreasy has a Visitor visa document number. Howeber her passports expires in July. What do you advise? Get a new passport? or get the visa and reapply? They haven't sent the Passport request mail yet. Please advise sir. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Succeed04: 5:57am On May 02, 2023
Hello Gurus,

1. What can he do in this situation

2. His application was approved even with expired passport . How did IRCC determine the number of years of visa they issued cos I heard the number of years remaining on the passport to expire is the number of years of Visa they issue.

This person applied since 2020 and had given up

Please I need a reply for the 2 questions

Thanks.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nelson2023: 6:05am On May 02, 2023
Good morning house,

I checked my application this morning and i saw corresponding letter after almost 2 years of waiting , is that a good news?

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ArhyelBB: 6:45am On May 02, 2023
Timeline for Application.
Application Date- 14th May 2022
BVL - 12th April 2023
Biometrics: [/b]Completed
[b]Eligibility
: Completed
Background Verification: In Progress.
PPR - 2nd May 2023
Nelson2023:
Good morning house,

I checked my application this morning and i saw corresponding letter after almost 2 years of waiting , is that a good news?

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nelson2023: 7:07am On May 02, 2023
Is BVL the same with corresponding letter ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ABSTRUSE: 7:15am On May 02, 2023
ArhyelBB:
Timeline for Application.
Application Date- 14th May 2022
BVL - 12th April 2023
Biometrics: [/b]Completed
[b]Eligibility
: Completed
Background Verification: In Progress.
PPR - 2nd May 2023

🎉 congrats

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SirAlexOsho: 7:26am On May 02, 2023
her visa is expiring in July 2023
CHANNELStv2020:

So according to the visitor's number when is her visa expiring?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 7:39am On May 02, 2023
Yes for Many it is a good news,

When did the Correspondence Letter drop?

Regards,

Nelson2023:
Good morning house,

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 7:40am On May 02, 2023
Yes

Nelson2023:
Is BVL the same with corresponding letter ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nelson2023: 7:45am On May 02, 2023
josephb:
Yes for Many it is a good news,

When did the Correspondence Letter drop?

Regards,

The letter drop this morning .

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 7:50am On May 02, 2023
You meant you got the mail this morning?

When did you apply?

Nelson2023:

The letter drop this morning .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nelson2023: 7:53am On May 02, 2023
josephb:
You meant you got the mail this morning?

When did you apply?

Yes, I applied since 2021.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Succeed04: 7:57am On May 02, 2023
Hello Gurus,

2. His application was approved even with expired passport . How did IRCC determine the number of years of visa they issued cos I heard the number of years remaining on the passport to expire is the number of years of Visa they issue.

Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obazi: 8:11am On May 02, 2023
Let the person renew his/her passport immediately and if possible fast track the passport. It may cost the person more for fast track passport processing. After the renewal of passport, he can now send it through webform for documents update. Depending on the time the orginal passport request was sent to him. Out of 30days for submission of passport, he needs to renew in two weeks

Succeed04:
Hello Gurus,

Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Amy66666777(f): 8:46am On May 02, 2023
Succeed04:
Hello Gurus,

Thanks.

Good morning, in similar situation rn, please did this person get any email that his or her application status has changed? After ppr?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ajalalomo: 9:03am On May 02, 2023
SirAlexOsho:

Sir, Please I need your advise on something. My wife just received her BVL and checking the application status, it seems she will get the visa she she alreasy has a Visitor visa document number. Howeber her passports expires in July. What do you advise? Get a new passport? or get the visa and reapply? They haven't sent the Passport request mail yet. Please advise sir. Thank you

This is an unfortunate situation after waiting for this long. Has your wife started the process for a new passport yet?

You can see when the visa will expire if you check the application status tracker.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 9:13am On May 02, 2023
Succeed04:
Hello Gurus,

Thanks.

I don’t think Canada immigration will give visa beyond the validity of a passport.

When will the visa expires?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chlowi(f): 9:16am On May 02, 2023
Amy66666777:

He has refused to pick up but tomorrow am going to meet him in person.

Thanks for your response

which kain werey agent be that ... for my money on top? u better go meet him in person ...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by fummms: 9:25am On May 02, 2023
update!
Visa details are on the tracker now.
no PPR yet though.

Emmafe:
I got mine around 7am yesterday, no visa information yet. I want to chill till Monday, please drop an update when the visa information is updated. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CHANNELStv2020: 9:50am On May 02, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

I don’t think Canada immigration will give visa beyond the validity of a passport.

When will the visa expires?

My thought exactly
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by fummms: 10:02am On May 02, 2023
UPDATE!
Visa details now on tracker - 8-years
application date: 17 Oct 2022
BVL: 28 April 2023

no PPR yet

fummms:
My partners tracking profile is like this

-Biometrics: Completed
-Medical Exam: Not started. (This is not required for visitor’s visa)
-Eligibility: Completed
-Background verification: in progress

And he got BVL last night, but no Visa information in the document section. what does this mean?

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Omoolu10: 10:12am On May 02, 2023
Has anyone received another correspondence letter(LOI) after collecting the passport after stamping, for visiting visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 10:39am On May 02, 2023
fummms:
update!
Visa details are on the tracker now.
no PPR yet though.

Congrats in advance. You can send mail and Webform. PPR loading…
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by opezi: 10:53am On May 02, 2023
For those who have received bvl or ppr and their passport has either expired or will soon expire.

The best thing to do is to not try to renew it in a southern state like lagos, ogun, oyo or osun. Even eastern too. Most nothern states like Nassarawa, Kaduna, Kano etc usually produce the passport within two days to a week after capturing.

You can check "cost of a nigerian passport" thread for more info

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by rotexteymie(f): 11:11am On May 02, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I would appreciate if someone could help with clarity. If someone is applying to visit a friend in Canada will they apply for a family/friend visit or tourist visa? They are not in anyway related to this friend so what kind if visa will they apply for? Under the family/friends section, it’s asking for proof of relationship like birth certificate and the likes.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mamawa123: 11:42am On May 02, 2023
Succeed04:
Hello Gurus,

Thanks.

In some states outside of Lagos, you can renew your passport within a month, but it will cost you more.

(1) (2) (3) ... (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: deejay102, BigDawsNet and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.