Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (662) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2323831 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sundayolayemi: 6:41am On May 10, 2023
Good morning Guys, please my January 2022 Application is on the GCkey portal and not IRCC portal (New Portal I guess). I hope it has no effect or is there something I should do? Already gotten BVL on 19th of April
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 6:43am On May 10, 2023
Congratulations apeleone, wow almost a month you got BVL that your PPR drop.

We that are waiting for our PPR letter to drop God will do our own too

apeleone:
I have received my PPR
Submission......... September 10th 2022
Biometric............. September 20th, 2022
Biometric validity letter... April 12th , 2023
PPR.....May 10th, 2023
God be praised.

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Julieni: 6:46am On May 10, 2023
Dansakimotors:
Hello My fellow Nairalanders,

I would like to know what it entails to get a visiting Canadian Visa and how easy it is. I am in my Mid 40s
How many years do they give when issued?

I have visited South Africa, UAE and US before and still have a Valid US Visa, cld this be an added advantage ?

I am US trained Cybersecurity expert by Homeland security with a sound knowledge of Project Management and Information technologies (Networking and security) What are my chances of getting a job in Canada, knowing fully well am entering with a visiting Visa.

Am looking at Canada as it seems to have an easier pathway to Citizenship on the Long run

Kindly advice !

I think you stand a good chance to get the visa easily.. 90%

Shoot your shot sir.. Congratulations in advance.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Baddestmaks(m): 7:51am On May 10, 2023
Julieni:
Please house.. My brother applied for visit visa in 2020..got married 2021 and baby 2022... Got ppr 2023.

He wants to apply for wife and baby.. But wife's passport still bears her maiden name.. Is it necessary to do a new passport? Or go ahead with old passport.. Still valid for 3 years.

She can go ahead with her old passport as far as you both have a wedding certificate from a reputable marriage institution. My wife used her passport which still carries her maiden name.. we got married in the Catholic Church..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 7:55am On May 10, 2023
MissRayyy:
I want to apply for a visit visa for 1 month even though I intend to be in Canada for 2 months.
Is it possible that I will be granted the visit visa for that exact month?

If your application is approved, they will usually issue a visa that is good for the duration of the validity of your passport.

I believe it all depends on when your passport and biometrics will expire. If your passport is valid for nine months, you will get a nine-month visa. If it's valid for 2 years, you will get a 2-year visa. If it's 5 years, then you will get a 5-year visa.

If your passport is valid for 10 years and your biometric is only valid for 1 year, then the maximum you can get is a 1-year visa.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 7:58am On May 10, 2023
Sundayolayemi:
Good morning Guys, please my January 2022 Application is on the GCkey portal and not IRCC portal (New Portal I guess). I hope it has no effect or is there something I should do? Already gotten BVL on 19th of April
Both portal na same, you’ve nothing to worry about.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 8:00am On May 10, 2023
apeleone:
I have received my PPR
Submission......... September 10th 2022
Biometric............. September 20th, 2022
Biometric validity letter... April 12th , 2023
PPR.....May 10th, 2023
God be praised.
Congrats! Did you apply from Nigeria? Did you notice visa documents on tracker?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Baddestmaks(m): 8:03am On May 10, 2023
Emmafe:

Yes she said she saw it April 15th.. But I don’t know the country she applied from.. let’s wait for her answer…
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by fummms: 8:04am On May 10, 2023
this is not entirely true. His profession is pretty niche and there are opportunities for him there

iskilayodele:
Your profession is not in demand in Canada presently; on Administrative jobs, health and truck driving jobs are in demand and can provide you working permit easily. However, try your luck

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 8:05am On May 10, 2023
Yes She did, she applied from Nigeria.

Emmafe:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 8:10am On May 10, 2023
josephb:
Yes She did, she applied from Nigeria.

Good, let hope they’ve started rolling out PPR then.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by apeleone(f): 8:25am On May 10, 2023
Emmafe:
Thanks. I applied from Nigeria and did see the visa details on the tracker
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 8:27am On May 10, 2023
Julieni:
Please house.. My brother applied for visit visa in 2020..got married 2021 and baby 2022... Got ppr 2023.

He wants to apply for wife and baby.. But wife's passport still bears her maiden name.. Is it necessary to do a new passport? Or go ahead with old passport.. Still valid for 3 years.

Nothing to worry about. He should support the application with their marriage license.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ikiloba: 9:03am On May 10, 2023
Why didn't your husband apply for sowp that's much more easier to get than visitor's visa
fummms:
To be honest I don't know how people are handling this... my study permit was less than 4 weeks from when biometrics got updated. This visitor visa for my husband is stressing me tf out. Drop BVL, see visa details, still waiting for the Passport Request...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olafash(f): 10:42am On May 10, 2023
GodsOwn2004:
It will end in praise.

I applied in Nov 15, 2022

Eligibility yet to start.

Background check in progress for months....I don't drink,I don't smoke, I don't womanize . wink wink

The waiting is so long now.

You are a funny dude. lol. It will surely end in praise soon.

quote author=zeb04 post=123033195]Guys my background check has been going on for a while now (3 weeks) even though i have nothing incriminating, i am still worried.

Please is the his normal to o have background check go this long?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeb04(f): 11:33am On May 10, 2023
Guys

I see people contact their 'MP' to facilitate their Visa( I suppose).

please what does it mean and how do I contact the MP of Quebec (contact information)
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chux911: 12:02pm On May 10, 2023
DeejayOG:

It shows issuing country as Nigeria because that’s the issuing country of your passport. Not the visa. Did this MP say anything else? Would be nice of you to share.

Thank you

That's very very wrong

The people that got PPR April 12, the four of my friends.... all their Visa counterfoil says LAGOS as issued location.

It's no longer at Nairobi.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Makibarbie: 12:05pm On May 10, 2023
May that’s the reason applications are faster now.

My friend applied jan 2023 and she got ppr today 10th may 2023

Chux911:

That's very very wrong

The people that got PPR April 12, the four of my friends.... all their Visa counterfoil says LAGOS as issued location.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chux911: 12:13pm On May 10, 2023
iskilayodele:
Your profession is not in demand in Canada presently; on Administrative jobs, health and truck driving jobs are in demand and can provide you working permit easily. However, try your luck

IT analyst and project manager are in high demand
The way you're saying it so authoritatively like you're so sure
Project manager are really in high demand
Do you even have any idea how much project manager are being paid in Brampton Ontario ?

Please get your facts right.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Maria96: 12:42pm On May 10, 2023
Dansakimotors:
Hello My fellow Nairalanders,

I would like to know what it entails to get a visiting Canadian Visa and how easy it is. I am in my Mid 40s
How many years do they give when issued?

I have visited South Africa, UAE and US before and still have a Valid US Visa, cld this be an added advantage ?

I am US trained Cybersecurity expert by Homeland security with a sound knowledge of Project Management and Information technologies (Networking and security) What are my chances of getting a job in Canada, knowing fully well am entering with a visiting Visa.

Am looking at Canada as it seems to have an easier pathway to Citizenship on the Long run

Kindly advice !

the chances of getting a job while on a visitors visa is next to zero. There are PR, Post graduate work permit guys on ground that can resume tomorrow who haven’t gotten jobs. 99% of the job applications will bounce you once you click that you dont have work status during application. Alot of people are currently stranded in Canada thinking they can get job with visitors visa. Those runsing jobs are paying up to 20k dols for 15 dols per hour job. My fellow countrymen beware o. Canada is not USA

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 12:47pm On May 10, 2023
Chux911:

That's very very wrong

My guess was right then. Lagos should do well and send our ppr nah, why the unnecessary suspense nah cry

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Haryour124: 12:52pm On May 10, 2023
;
Emmafe:
My guess was right then. Lagos should do well and send our ppr nah, why the unnecessary suspense nah cry

Abi we shld all go and protest in their office ni😄 me I ave to leave dis country by July oo, ticket is on d high side *Lol

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 12:55pm On May 10, 2023
Haryour124:
;

Abi we shld all go and protest in their office ni😄 me I ave to leave dis country by July oo, ticket is on d high side *Lol
Protest! Siri play me I’m unavailable by Davido grin grin grin grin

Na June I wan commot o, lagos Abegi cry

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 12:58pm On May 10, 2023
I sincerely understand how people feel, the stress of being in a place for too long and once you land in Canada; after some weeks you guys will start missing naija again.

Good-luck to everyone waiting.

Regards,
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jumms442: 1:04pm On May 10, 2023
Emmafe:
Protest! Siri play me I’m unavailable by Davido grin grin grin grin

Na June I wan commot o, lagos Abegi cry
😂 lol what can we do for this people to release ppr, yoh I’m loosing it
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Omokas2: 1:13pm On May 10, 2023
Good day,

In response to your email enquiry below, kindly note that this application is still under review by our office. Our office is currently experiencing application volumes that exceed our capacity to process all applications within the average processing times cited on our website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

Our office will contact you as soon as more information or documents are required.

Thank you for your patience.

I applied sept 2022 I wrote Nairobi office this is the reply I got. So frustrating when those that applied this year have gotten BVL
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 1:14pm On May 10, 2023
Jumms442:
😂 lol what can we do for this people to release ppr, yoh I’m loosing it
Na to locate the nearest mountain o. Since the day visa document was updated, i’ve bn calm sha, I know it can’t exceed a month for ppr to drop. Over 8 months without spouse no easy o. cry
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 1:19pm On May 10, 2023
Omokas2:
Good day,

In response to your email enquiry below, kindly note that this application is still under review by our office. Our office is currently experiencing application volumes that exceed our capacity to process all applications within the average processing times cited on our website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

Our office will contact you as soon as more information or documents are required.

Thank you for your patience.

I applied sept 2022 I wrote Nairobi office this is the reply I got. So frustrating when those that applied this year have gotten BVL
The only aspect I don’t like about Canada is the application process. Many have bn waiting since 2020, yet they approve people that submitted in March 2023. Na only God sabi how they handle applications. We’ve waited this long, let just chill for few days/weeks. Start planning your trip, that’s will help reduce worries.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Zirconia16: 1:35pm On May 10, 2023
HELP! PLS DON'T SCROLL PAST!!!

Pls I have a very peculiar situation. I've checked everywhere on the internet, even international Canada visa forums just to find even a slight resemblance of my issue yet nothing.

Applied July 2022. Nothing till 2nd may when BVL was sent. So during this waiting period (prior to BVL) as I realized that there was no God-given timeline to get a decision seeing as people were years or as little as 3 weeks from application to decision, I decided to renew my passport as it was expiring in Aug 2024 (yes over a year from now) as I didn't want an issue of if I was waiting till the passport almost expires or even expires to renew and I'm called to submit knowing how the situation is in Nigeria getting passport as well as IRCC's short window of submission. So I went ahead to renew. Still not my main issue.

Now this is where it gets very convoluted. During my renewal, I decided to once and for all reflect my changed name on my passport especially as I was getting a 10yr passport. My passport was my remaining document that bore a different surname and middle name from every other document I have + BVN, NIN, driver's license, voter's card... basically everything after marriage which reflects the surname I currently use (my maiden surname hyphenated with hubby's).

Now not only do I have a new passport (still being processed, hopeful to get it by next week) different from what I applied with (minor issue) as the old one has been cancelled without prejudice, but the surnames and middle name on my application are now different from what's in the passport.

My old passport bears my maiden name as my middle name and only hubby's surname as my own surname (yes, I had done a first name change shortly after getting married and then another years later as I just wanted to retain my surname in a way), while my new passport like all of my documents now bear my original middle name given at birth as my middle name and my hyphenated surname as my new surname. I have court affidavits for change of name as well as reconciliation of name which basically shows every iteration of name I've ever used in this life and newspaper publication showing this my current name in use. I submitted all this during my application.

Now I'm currently waiting for PPR (checked my tracker and I saw visa number and expiry). When called to submit my passport I don't know what to do regarding this name differences.

should I just send my passport like that and include a letter of explanation in my packet cos at this rate I don't even know if webmail and email works gauging from all the webmails and emails I've sent in the past regarding pertinent issues that have gone unanswered.

Pls I need advice from someone who has had experience with this or can give concrete advice. Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chlowi(f): 1:48pm On May 10, 2023
angie88:
@chlowi, it's been long. Haw far ur application,any decision yet

Hi Angiee thank you for checking on me , I was refused the visa on the grounds that I didn't declare my past refusals , it was clearly an oversight , one. Which I had raised a webform , I'm reapplying immediately @hola55 sorry to learn about yours too , I pray this reapplication will favour us this time 🙏
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chlowi(f): 2:07pm On May 10, 2023
Hola55:
Hello house
Can I use naira card to pay application fee?

I SENT YOU AN EMAIL
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Omokas2: 2:22pm On May 10, 2023
chlowi:

Hi Angiee thank you for checking on me , I was refused the visa on the grounds that I didn't declare my past refusals , it was clearly an oversight , one. Which I had raised a webform , I'm reapplying immediately @hola55 sorry to learn about yours too , I pray this reapplication will favour us this time 🙏

Which of the visa refusal they are talking about. Did you apply US and fail to state it all other countries?

(1) (2) (3) ... (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.