Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,259 members, 7,829,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (839) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2345586 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (836) (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) ... (1110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Starfol: 10:35pm On Jul 14, 2023
Xyz7:
Pls house vfs lagos received my passport via dhl on monday and i got visa application tracking id today,I need the link to track it

Here is the link
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/IRCC-GPTWave1/Track/Index?q=shSA0YnE4pLF9Xzwon/x/CQ1P0LBKn66dLdNUfueK+yzShCR5+RPxbigEFl/W14/B2caAAJ+pjEGG2r7ohd6rA==
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Starfol: 10:38pm On Jul 14, 2023
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tahisa14: 10:51pm On Jul 14, 2023
Hi guys please is dere anyone going to Edmonton by August please
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 11:12pm On Jul 14, 2023
Starfol:

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/IRCC-GPTWave1/Track/Index?q=shSA0YnE4pLF9Xzwon/x/CQ1P0LBKn66dLdNUfueK+yzShCR5+RPxbigEFl/W14/B2caAAJ+pjEGG2r7ohd6rA==
Thanks. What is the tracking ID number? Is it the same from DHL? If it us the one from DHL, it's saying no records found.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 11:18pm On Jul 14, 2023
iykewright:
Hello great people, hw can I book cheap flights to Canada

Check Egypt air and Ethiopian airlines. They both have cheap flights. I also saw KLM cheaper than those two but only 1 23kg bag allowed and one stop. So if you are not coming with much luggage, check them out.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 12:08am On Jul 15, 2023
I don't understand the latter part of the question.

If she's applying from the UK, a few things to guide her:

1. How much time does she have on her study permit? If she has 3months left for example, this might cause IRCC to think she plans to settle in Canada through her visit visa.

She needs to apply with ample time left on her BRP

2. If she has any kind of work including part-time, she should include the contract or agreement for this, any proof of payment as well as her bank account.

3. Where does she live? She can attach a letter from her landlord confirming consistent payment of rent or tenancy agreement ( if it will expire well after her return from Canada). Utility bills too!

4. She should show connections with her school by including a stamped letter of introduction, transcript showing commitment to achieving good grades, school fees receipt etc.

5. As she is in the UK, might be worthwhile to include recent 2-3 months' credit card statements (if the dues are low) + state the credit limits + mention that she will bring these cards for her visit

Of course all of this is in addition to sponsorship letter & documents from her sponsor.

I'm uncertain how the NYSC certificate would support her application as a UK student.

Her application should be centered around providing good answers to the question "why you are going to leave Canada?".

meljoe:
Thank you so much , please if my daughter in the Uk is applying , and the work section does she need to submit any thing concerning the work section. Like nysc should she upload her nysc certificate or it’s not necessary ?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 12:11am On Jul 15, 2023
That's ample time and the passport should be back before then given no unforeseen changes

SweetJJ:

Ok. I should just wait for a while. I submitted this week. I want to book flight for September, so I want to be sure it will be back before then. Thanks for your response.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 12:15am On Jul 15, 2023
VFS will share this in the e- ICR they send upon receipt of your documents.

As shared before, follow up with them for this as I have seen a comment claiming that VFS priortizes physical submission hence why acknowledgement of courier submitted documents experience delays. There might be merit in this claim based on feedback seen here.

SweetJJ:

Thanks. What is the tracking ID number? Is it the same from DHL? If it us the one from DHL, it's saying no records found.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 12:23am On Jul 15, 2023
The visa application process can be harrowing. Good thing it ended well for your family.

SweetJJ:

It's just very annoying. Last year my husband and kids visitor visas was refused because of this significant ties in canada and we then apply for open work permit, and reapply for visitor visa for the kids. Less than 3 months later their application was approved.

Do they now mean that with work permit, he no longer has a significant ties in Canada? So annoying

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Xyz7: 12:23am On Jul 15, 2023
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iykewright: 7:21am On Jul 15, 2023
Thanks so much
SweetJJ:

Check Egypt air and Ethiopian airlines. They both have cheap flights. I also saw KLM cheaper than those two but only 1 23kg bag allowed and one stop. So if you are not coming with much luggage, check them out.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dafeoroyo: 7:23am On Jul 15, 2023
Viking07:
bros avoid any airline that’ll pass through US.

Sorry my brother,I will like to know why we should avoid any plane to Canada via US,this is because I will be going thru US,though I also have a US valid visa too
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 15, 2023
dafeoroyo:

Sorry my brother,I will like to know why we should avoid any plane to Canada via US,this is because I will be going thru US,though I also have a US valid visa too
You need a valid US visa to avoid unnecessary wahala.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SuperOmodee: 7:56am On Jul 15, 2023
vikthor74:

Haven't I answered ur question?
My old passport will expire on 1 Jan 2024. And I was I ask to submit my passport.
Wat I did, I didn't declear it missing, declearing your passport missing is not that save sha 😏according to wat I heard. Someone gave me contact which I used to travel to Sokoto where I renew it ---wait and take--- I got it that same day. at the sum of 60k. But the journey no be here. I slept on the road for 2days. But it worth it. Lagos and Abuja said they can't renew my passport that have 1+, unless less than 6month but I needed a new passport so I took the risk😊😊

Please was the visa stamped on the new passport
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dafeoroyo: 8:02am On Jul 15, 2023
Viking07:
You need a valid US visa to avoid unnecessary wahala.

Ooh,am good to go then,thanks Bro
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 8:53am On Jul 15, 2023
Order for GCMS notes.

olaremy2k:
Does anyone know what this means. I applied in May 2023 and I check on Ircc just now and found this. I never sent a withdrawal letter so I am confused why it was withdrawn. I checked email and no mail from them. Please is there anyone with an explanation and advice?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Filmbouy007: 12:27pm On Jul 15, 2023
Please does FLAGPOLE include Canada visit visa holders?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Starfol: 12:36pm On Jul 15, 2023
SweetJJ:

Its not. They will send via mail. Once they start process
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 12:49pm On Jul 15, 2023
Glazerxx:

Thank you
So send to VFS or the Canadian high commission ?
VFS
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 12:49pm On Jul 15, 2023
Filmbouy007:
Please does FLAGPOLE include Canada visit visa holders?
Yes, if you want to change to open work permit.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 1:04pm On Jul 15, 2023
Emmafe:
Yes, if you want to change to open work permit.

But you need job offer and lmia to flagpole if you have no spouse in canada as a student or pr
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 1:19pm On Jul 15, 2023
House34:

But you need job offer and lmia to flagpole if you have no spouse in canada as a student or pr
Yes. You’ll need lmia job to convert visitor visa to close work permit.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Prissygun: 4:24pm On Jul 15, 2023
Viking07:
Is the govt sponsoring your trip? Do you have a note verbale? If you have this very important document, your bank statement will just be for formality as it won’t be used. I also work with a govt agency and that’s how I got my visa.

And yes. You’d need your employment letter, ID cards, and any other work certificates you’ve got. Letter of introduction from your employer, etc.

Good luck.

Hi, Please can you help me with necessary documents needed for Canada visit visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 5:27pm On Jul 15, 2023
Please which is the easiest method to make visa fee payment online in CAD,
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2023
Yes her brp is expiring next year . Okay will do that thanks.

I’m applying for everyone one as a family. That means she will do her biometrics in Uk right ?

Newbiein2016:
I don't understand the latter part of the question.

If she's applying from the UK, a few things to guide her:

1. How much time does she have on her study permit? If she has 3months left for example, this might cause IRCC to think she plans to settle in Canada through her visit visa.

She needs to apply with ample time left on her BRP

2. If she has any kind of work including part-time, she should include the contract or agreement for this, any proof of payment as well as her bank account.

3. Where does she live? She can attach a letter from her landlord confirming consistent payment of rent or tenancy agreement ( if it will expire well after her return from Canada). Utility bills too!

4. She should show connections with her school by including a stamped letter of introduction, transcript showing commitment to achieving good grades, school fees receipt etc.

5. As she is in the UK, might be worthwhile to include recent 2-3 months' credit card statements (if the dues are low) + state the credit limits + mention that she will bring these cards for her visit

Of course all of this is in addition to sponsorship letter & documents from her sponsor.

I'm uncertain how the NYSC certificate would support her application as a UK student.

Her application should be centered around providing good answers to the question "why you are going to leave Canada?".

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olajohn12: 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2023
Applied for trv in 2021 and did biometrics 3days later. I used an agent though but he relocated like over a year ago and ive not heard from him this year to atleast know the status of the application.

Ive also been trying to send a mail to him, he applied using his email but the email address has faded out on the yellow biometrics printout.

Please what can i do?
Is there a way to trace the application or get his email address?

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mokikeoj: 7:50pm On Jul 15, 2023
Please who knows someone that came in as a visitor and succefully got a job and workers visa while in Canada. Specifically a single person and not someone whose spouse is already in Canada.
What jobs are readily available to employ such people?
What is the success rate of this?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Succeed04: 7:52pm On Jul 15, 2023
Hello guys, the cheapest flights in September booking cost how much
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 15, 2023
SweetJJ:

There has been so many extremely negative reviews about these two airlines. Especially the Ethiopian.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dkgetmuny: 8:24pm On Jul 15, 2023
Hello Friends, I shared my situation before but here is an update and some questions.
June 30th, I was asked to submit my passport in 30 days- I had to Fedex it yesterday because they didnt have any date open for me go submit in person. My question here is what next after submitting via Fedex? Also how long between when i sent my passport to when i get it back? Will they message me to come pick it up myself?

Side Note- how many years Visa does Canada issue for visiting ? My new passport expirers in 10 years lol...I had to go get a new one because the old one i had would expire in 2024.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bola01234: 9:21pm On Jul 15, 2023
Pls guys. I work remotely for a firm based in canada..
Can I use this to apply for visiting...or I ask for an invitation from a cousin..we have the same surname although she's married.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (836) (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) ... (1110) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: ChybuzzDD(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.