Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,554 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (840) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2345624 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) ... (1110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iykewright: 9:26pm On Jul 15, 2023
SweetJJ:

Check Egypt air and Ethiopian airlines. They both have cheap flights. I also saw KLM cheaper than those two but only 1 23kg bag allowed and one stop. So if you are not coming with much luggage, check them out.

Which date
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bola01234: 9:26pm On Jul 15, 2023
Emmafe:
Even thou I’ve made my research on flagpole before we even applied for my wife’s study visa, it still didn’t prepared me for the stressed we went through (she followed me for the whole process, I felt for her cry )

I flagpole on the rainbow bridge (3hrs from my place) in Niagara Falls, I was aware you’ve to get there very early bcox Dey answer only 10 ppl daily n it’s not a 24/7 border, flagploing starts 8am.

We got to Niagara on Monday evening, stayed Airbnb n left for the bridge Tuesday morning around 5am. I got to the bridge n was number 18, i heard someone said he came 1am, aaaaah. I felt they’ll answer everyone bcox to me the queue wasn’t that much. I walked to the USA side to flagpole n came back to Canada side to complete the process by 8am. When it was time Naso cbsa officer handled a yellow paper to 10 ppl and told the others to check other borders or check back tomorrow, it was then my eyes cleared.

My wife suggested we should sleep der, that’s d only way we can be guaranteed of an early spot the next day. 10pm we went back to the bridge with two other Nigerians we met. We slept at the bridge from 10pm-8am, d cold was insane, again you can’t leave the bridge, once you enter you’ve to go back to flagpole at usa border. It was a pleasant experience at all, I felt like a refugee 😭😭😭

Finally 8am came n I was the first in line, the whole process took less than 10mins. The officer asked for my wife’s study permit, our marriage certificate and asked my job in naija, he even read the purpose of travel I wrote in my application. My work permit was issue for the duration my wife’s study permit is valid.

I did medical in Nigeria, the officer said that doesn’t count, I will need updated one. So my permit has restrictions, can’t work in strip club, Agriculture occupation n child care/health service field.

If you’re flagpoling in border that opens 24/7, it will be more convenient. You can go anytime n will be attended to. My eyes is still heavy after 3hrs+ sleep cry

Sorry it’s too long n ignore typo abeg.

That's nice..
But with these ...can I go only alone..and I can just enter the US....my brother works beside canada..May ..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bola01234: 9:29pm On Jul 15, 2023
Emmafe:
Even thou I’ve made my research on flagpole before we even applied for my wife’s study visa, it still didn’t prepared me for the stressed we went through (she followed me for the whole process, I felt for her cry )

I flagpole on the rainbow bridge (3hrs from my place) in Niagara Falls, I was aware you’ve to get there very early bcox Dey answer only 10 ppl daily n it’s not a 24/7 border, flagploing starts 8am.

We got to Niagara on Monday evening, stayed Airbnb n left for the bridge Tuesday morning around 5am. I got to the bridge n was number 18, i heard someone said he came 1am, aaaaah. I felt they’ll answer everyone bcox to me the queue wasn’t that much. I walked to the USA side to flagpole n came back to Canada side to complete the process by 8am. When it was time Naso cbsa officer handled a yellow paper to 10 ppl and told the others to check other borders or check back tomorrow, it was then my eyes cleared.

My wife suggested we should sleep der, that’s d only way we can be guaranteed of an early spot the next day. 10pm we went back to the bridge with two other Nigerians we met. We slept at the bridge from 10pm-8am, d cold was insane, again you can’t leave the bridge, once you enter you’ve to go back to flagpole at usa border. It was a pleasant experience at all, I felt like a refugee 😭😭😭

Finally 8am came n I was the first in line, the whole process took less than 10mins. The officer asked for my wife’s study permit, our marriage certificate and asked my job in naija, he even read the purpose of travel I wrote in my application. My work permit was issue for the duration my wife’s study permit is valid.

I did medical in Nigeria, the officer said that doesn’t count, I will need updated one. So my permit has restrictions, can’t work in strip club, Agriculture occupation n child care/health service field.

If you’re flagpoling in border that opens 24/7, it will be more convenient. You can go anytime n will be attended to. My eyes is still heavy after 3hrs+ sleep cry

Sorry it’s too long n ignore typo abeg.

That's nice..
But with these ...can I go only alone..and I can just enter the US....my brother works beside canda..May ..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ikemummy(m): 11:24pm On Jul 15, 2023
We are in similar challenge. Is it VFS Abuja or Lagos? What is the last email your received from VFS and which date was that?

dkgetmuny:
Hello Friends, I shared my situation before but here is an update and some questions.
June 30th, I was asked to submit my passport in 30 days- I had to Fedex it yesterday because they didnt have any date open for me go submit in person. My question here is what next after submitting via Fedex? Also how long between when i sent my passport to when i get it back? Will they message me to come pick it up myself?

Side Note- how many years Visa does Canada issue for visiting ? My new passport expirers in 10 years lol...I had to go get a new one because the old one i had would expire in 2024.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Adenikemonie: 12:12am On Jul 16, 2023
Please is it advisable for someone that has visit visa and has not traveled with it apply for study permit…. Please what are the chances
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 1:00am On Jul 16, 2023
bola01234:

That's nice..
But with these ...can I go only alone..and I can just enter the US....my brother works beside canada..May ..
I don’t really understand your question. You can’t enter the US if you don’t have visa or a citizen.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 1:01am On Jul 16, 2023
Adenikemonie:
Please is it advisable for someone that has visit visa and has not traveled with it apply for study permit…. Please what are the chances
You can apply, it doesn’t affect anything.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bola01234: 2:24am On Jul 16, 2023
I work with a firm based in canada as a remote worker...can I used that to apply...as a remote worker that can stay in canada for six months

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Adenikemonie: 6:59am On Jul 16, 2023
Emmafe:
okay
Thank you so much for the response
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MrALIVE: 7:50am On Jul 16, 2023
Emmafe:
which airline did you enter from Lagos to Canada and how much did you pay bro?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 12:25pm On Jul 16, 2023
meljoe:
Yes her brp is expiring next year . Okay will do that thanks.

I’m applying for everyone one as a family. That means she will do her biometrics in Uk right ? Yes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 12:43pm On Jul 16, 2023
Definitely yes, I am the living testimony now IRCC as requested for my Medical for my study permit.

Go ahead and package your POF and SOP

SHALOM

Adenikemonie:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Adenikemonie: 1:00pm On Jul 16, 2023
Gentlesoul3268:

Definitely yes, I am the living testimony now IRCC as requested for my Medical for my study permit.

Go ahead and package your POF and SOP

SHALOM

oh thanks
I thought they can’t stamp two valid visa ni
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jumms442: 1:00pm On Jul 16, 2023
I arrived canada yesterday hmmm it was such an experience will update you all later @emmafe pls can you add me up on whatsapp, it’s really urgent, zero seven zero eight zero one seven seven four six five

8 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 1:24pm On Jul 16, 2023
MrALIVE:
which airline did you enter from Lagos to Canada and how much did you pay bro?
KLM, paid 1079 CAD

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 16, 2023
Emmafe:
KLM, paid 1079 CAD
na wa o. You booked months ahead?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MrALIVE: 1:27pm On Jul 16, 2023
Emmafe:
KLM, paid 1079 CAD
no vex..what's the naira equivalent?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oriadeade: 1:49pm On Jul 16, 2023
Emmafe:
KLM, paid 1079 CAD
wow for departure and return??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 2:16pm On Jul 16, 2023
Oriadeade:
wow for departure and return??
Just departure. Klm forced me to buy return. I got return for 1200, it was a flexible ticket. I canceled immediately I left the airport n got my full refund.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oriadeade: 2:27pm On Jul 16, 2023
Emmafe:
Just departure. Klm forced me to buy return. I got return for 1200, it was a flexible ticket. I canceled immediately I left the airport n got my full refund.
pls can I pm u
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 2:29pm On Jul 16, 2023
Oriadeade:
pls can I pm u
Yes
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 3:09pm On Jul 16, 2023
Emmafe:

Please how does this work. I want to do same
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 3:45pm On Jul 16, 2023
SweetJJ:

Please how does this work. I want to do same
Book a return ticket that is refundable on ur departure day, I think airline refund full if you cancel less than 24hrs.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bola01234: 4:22pm On Jul 16, 2023
Emmafe:

How did u do that..so we can save this infor...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 4:36pm On Jul 16, 2023
bola01234:

How did u do that..so we can save this infor...
Booked a refundable return ticket on departure day. Different airline with der policy, klm gave me full refund, maybe it’s bcox it was less than 24hrs. I canceled immediately I left Toronto airport.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Amo12345: 4:49pm On Jul 16, 2023
Lyoncrescent:

I submitted my Payslip as additional document. I submitted a letter from my organisation stating they will pay for the entire trip. I also submitted a letter of invitation sent by the organisation in Canada. Also submitted soft copy of my NIN. That's all I submitted. I did not attach my bank statement. I did not attach any property documents. Thanks for your response, pls did u add note verbal cos someone just message now that I will need to provide a note verbal and if yes, how will I get it, thanks for the clarifications.

However the copy of the letter of invitation I submitted was sent to the Canadian high commission in Nigeria by the organisation in canada before I made the application. All the best.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 16, 2023
Emmafe:
Booked a refundable return ticket on departure day. Different airline with der policy, klm gave me full refund, maybe it’s bcox it was less than 24hrs. I canceled immediately I left Toronto airport.
Too much wisdom 😅
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fling01: 5:21pm On Jul 16, 2023
Good day bro,pls i just PM you now,pls kindly reply concernin my ticket pls i have a question to has pls.
Emmafe:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AskGod07: 6:22pm On Jul 16, 2023
Hello Emmafe, please how many days do you stated in your application that you wanted to stay in Canada with your visitor visa?

Because I saw your cover letter you posted some time ago on Nairaland bro, with the look of things in your cover letter is like you wanted to stay longer with your spouse?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fadilmaya(f): 6:29pm On Jul 16, 2023
Ok
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fadilmaya(f): 6:31pm On Jul 16, 2023
Plz I have a question
I have never applied for a visa before
I just finished my national youth service and I want to apply for a Canadian visa but I don’t know how to go about it
I need advice on what kinda visa to go for
I do not have anyone in Canadian hence I would have used visitors visa
Plz I need advice and also necessary some necessary informations sir/ ma 🙏
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 6:39pm On Jul 16, 2023
AskGod07:
Hello Emmafe, please how many days do you stated in your application that you wanted to stay in Canada with your visitor visa?

Because I saw your cover letter you posted some time ago on Nairaland bro, with the look of things in your cover letter is like you wanted to stay longer with your spouse?

I’m not sure I posted my cover letter. The one I posted for SOWP template I saw online. I stated 3 weeks in my application.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) ... (1110) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.