Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (844) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2320737 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (841) (842) (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeb04(f): 1:23am On Jul 18, 2023
Adenikemonie:
what does ur tracker says abeg

Still says under process
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 1:50am On Jul 18, 2023
ddooskie:

From what I've gathered so far, it's advisable to land at the airport in the province of destination to avoid raising eyebrows at POE.

I'm rooting for you because I hope to link up once I enter too. I know you from that old thread that a PFP winner opens each season, the day you came here, I said I don see pesin wey I know. ๐Ÿ™Œ
๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 2:04am On Jul 18, 2023
marveltrades01:
Thank you. Iโ€™m submitting through courier. Is it the courier provider details I should fill in there?

Please if you used courier to submit your passport, kindly assist.

Follow the steps below

Passport Submission Information after visa Approval.

For Lagos Office:

Walk into any DHL or UPS store, you can google & check for the one's near you.

This is the Address you will mail your documents to:

Canada Visa Application Centre
Ground Floor, The Manor
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Lekki Phase 1
Lagos
Nigeria

Documents to go with to the DHL Office:

- Two photocopies of your international passport data page
- Your International Passport itself
- Passport request letter
- Biometric confirmation slip (the document you were given after u did your Biometrics)
-Two copies of signed VFS consent forms

The VFS consent form is available at https://www./vfsconsentform

Put everything in a Big Brown Envelope,

Write your FULL NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NO. & Email Address on the Envelope boldly

When you go to DHL, also indicate that you want a two way courier service. Then provide them the address you want your passport sent to when ready.

For Abuja Office:

Put all the documents below in an envelope and send to:

Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor
Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District
Abuja
Nigeria

Documents:
-2 duly signed consent forms.
-2 copies of passport data page
-Passport Request Letter
-Yellow biometric slip
-Receipt of payment of transmission fee N9,410 (you will pay this fee if you didn't capture biometrics at Abuja VFS)
-A paper with your contact details: name, phone number, email address, home address.

Pay the transmission fee to
Canada Logistics Collection Account
Sterling Bank Plc

Disclaimer: please confirm the account details before any transaction.

Send your documents via DHL 1-way courier.

The contact information of VFS in Nigeria is available at https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/contact-us

PS: I learned you can't do two way courier anymore. You pay for one way and then after your passport has been stamped, vfs will contact you on how much to pay and they will courier it to you themselves. Someone else here also suggested you pay for the return courier and attach the receipt and a courier consent form for them to return it. Check their site for the new one way courier fee.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by webm: 2:44am On Jul 18, 2023
How can I track my passport with the given tracking number received from VFS? I didn't write my phone and email on passport data page but I added a piece of paper for same with my return address in it
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 3:00am On Jul 18, 2023
webm:
How can I track my passport with the given tracking number received from VFS? I didn't write my phone and email on passport data page but I added a piece of paper for same with my return address in it

I will say you did the right thing. Track here
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/IRCC-GPTWave1/Track/Index?q=shSA0YnE4pLF9Xzwon/x/CQ1P0LBKn66dLdNUfueK+yzShCR5+RPxbigEFl/W14/B2caAAJ+pjEGG2r7ohd6rA==

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by opebiyi14: 5:41am On Jul 18, 2023
[color=#000099][/color] Pls can anyone send WhatsApp group for new comers to canada, or new comers to calgary canada. Also WhatsApp group for tourist in canada
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by engrnd: 6:32am On Jul 18, 2023
Hello everyone
Please treat as urgent
I have 15 million in my account when i submitted my visitor visa application in june 23rd, up till now no response, can i use the money in the account?
Then again whats BVL and visa number, i see people post it here, once you get it does it mean your visa has been approved?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by opebiyi14: 7:19am On Jul 18, 2023
Yes you can spend it since you have printed out your bank statement and submitted your application.
BVL is IRCC responce email; they will send biometric verification letter when they start to process your application. Visa number is issued when your application is approved. Visa no start with 'e'.
engrnd:
Hello everyone
Please treat as urgent
I have 15 million in my account when i submitted my visitor visa application in june 23rd, up till now no response, can i use the money in the account?
Then again whats BVL and visa number, i see people post it here, once you get it does it mean your visa has been approved?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 18, 2023
opebiyi14:
Yes you can spend it since you have printed out your bank statement and submitted your application.
BVL is IRCC responce email; they will send biometric verification letter when they start to process your application. Visa number is issued when your application is approved. Visa no start with 'e'.
There is a reason why people pay POF for 3-6 months. What if they check the account?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mulberry: 8:33am On Jul 18, 2023
I actually added my BVL to it and submitting personally is not an option as the available date one is seeing is August which is almost past the 30days deadline and i have a trip planned in August and cannot risk hanging my passport for this.

Inspiration needed walahi!

SweetJJ:

Do you add your Biometrics Validity letter (BVL)? It usually sent just before the PPR.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 18, 2023
mulberry:
I actually added my BVL to it and submitting personally is not an option as the available date one is seeing is August which is almost past the 30days deadline and i have a trip planned in August and cannot risk hanging my passport for this.

Inspiration needed walahi!

The available dates do change constantly. Try checking the calendar early in the morning.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 8:39am On Jul 18, 2023
BVL sent when decision as made on your application, and follow by visa number on the tracker if your application is approved.

opebiyi14:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by daks02: 9:26am On Jul 18, 2023
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 18, 2023
opebiyi14:
[color=#000099][/color] Pls can anyone send WhatsApp group for new comers to canada, or new comers to calgary canada. Also WhatsApp group for tourist in canada
https://chat. whatsapp .com/. CuMmnqv7JqiCpe9mCqhq7M
Delete the space
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by useni4james: 10:59am On Jul 18, 2023
Hello house,

Please I seriously need help! Please I need sample of Canada invitation letter and also kindly assist me with documents needed for the visiting visa.

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Starfol: 12:53pm On Jul 18, 2023
Please i got a mail from vfs asking to download the vfs form and state a tracking ID. Meanwhile i already forwarded my documents to them and tracker shows my package is already in Abuja. Should i disregard the mail?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sammiy: 1:11pm On Jul 18, 2023
Hello House, @edafe please i intend to apply for for both visit visa and permanent residence. is this safe? can i apply for VV first then later apply PR? or vice versa?.

is tourism purpose alone enough reason for visit visa application?

@edafe, i have looked up previous pages and comments, i see you usually post to 2 links for fresh applications.
1: to generate invitation code and the 2: to create a profile.... is this the sequence? i will appreciate if you can clarify please.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ikemummy(m): 1:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
My people, it is now getting to 2 weeks since VFS received my passport for visa stamping but I am yet to get passport collection email. The passport has been at IRCC office since last week Monday. Please how long does passport stamping usually take to receive passport collection email?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 18, 2023
ikemummy:
My people, it is now getting to 2 weeks since VFS received my passport for visa stamping but I am yet to get passport collection email. The passport has been at IRCC office since last week Monday. Please how long does passport stamping usually take to receive passport collection email?
4 days. This is why we say itโ€™s better to submit in person.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ikemummy(m): 1:29pm On Jul 18, 2023
Thanks Viking. Please what do you advise I do to expedite it. It is still with IRCC since last Monday.

Viking07:
4 days. This is why we say itโ€™s better to submit in person.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 18, 2023
ikemummy:
Thanks Viking. Please what do you advise I do to expedite it. It is still with IRCC since last Monday.

which of the vfs? Lagos or Abuja? You can try chatting them up.

https://vfs-cic.mioot.com/8080/livechat5.html

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 18, 2023
ikemummy:

but have you checked your gckey account? Itโ€™s possible your passport has been stamped. Check if you can see the visa details.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chigrad: 1:37pm On Jul 18, 2023
Good Day all,
Visitor visa application was refused recently and these were the reasons they gave

- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as per paragraph 179. I am refusing your application because you have not established hat you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

-Your assets and proof of funds are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself ( an any accompanying family member(s) if applicable

-The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stary given the details you have provided your application

Can anyone advise on what would have resulted to these decisions.

General Info
I requested for 2 weeks vacation to visit family
Had bank statement of $8k CAD ,stated I will travel with 5k CAD for the 2 weeks, as every other cost will be covered by sibling( accomodation feeding etc during my visit.
My sibling in Canada who is a temporary resident invited me
I am not yet married
I work in a financial institution
provided reference letter from my organisation stating I work with them
Submitted SOP , stating I will return to continue my job which I love,Also stated I will be back to be with my retired parents

Can anyone advise on what would have resulted to these decisions.
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ikemummy(m): 1:38pm On Jul 18, 2023
It is VFS Abuja. Thank you.

Viking07:
which of the vfs? Lagos or Abuja? You can try chatting them up.

https://vfs-cic.mioot.com/8080/livechat5.html
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 18, 2023
sammiy:
i see you usually post to 2 links for fresh applications.
1: to generate invitation code and the 2: to create a profile.... is this the sequence? i will appreciate if you can clarify please.
Correct. You generate the code first.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ikemummy(m): 1:40pm On Jul 18, 2023
The visa details has been there on the tracker even before I received PPR .
Viking07:
but have you checked your gckey account? Itโ€™s possible your passport has been stamped. Check if you can see the visa details.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 18, 2023
ikemummy:
The visa details has been there on the tracker even before I received PPR .
not tracker. Login to your gckey account. Can you see the visa details. Like date issued, expiry date, etc ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ikemummy(m): 1:43pm On Jul 18, 2023
Pls what should I check for in the GCKEY to know if my passport has been stamped. I have visa number on tracker. I chatted with VFS Abuja yesterday and they said it is still with the embassy since last Monday.
Viking07:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ikemummy(m): 1:45pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ok thanks. I will check it now and get back to you.
Viking07:
not tracker. Login to your gckey account. Can you see the visa details. Like date issued, expiry date, etc ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 18, 2023
ikemummy:

Pls what should I check for in the GCKEY to know if my passport has been stamped.
something like this.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ikemummy(m): 2:01pm On Jul 18, 2023
I checked the GCKEY. The visa details is not yet there.

ikemummy:
Ok thanks. I will check it now and get back to you.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Amo12345: 2:11pm On Jul 18, 2023
Lyoncrescent:

I submitted my Payslip as additional document. I submitted a letter from my organisation stating they will pay for the entire trip. I also submitted a letter of invitation sent by the organisation in Canada. Also submitted soft copy of my NIN. That's all I submitted. I did not attach my bank statement. I did not attach any property documents.

However the copy of the letter of invitation I submitted was sent to the Canadian high commission in Nigeria by the organisation in canada before I made the application. All the best.
pls, must the letter of invitation address as group invitation or can it be individual invitation from Canada organization

(1) (2) (3) ... (841) (842) (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: donteebalo(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.