Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (861) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2341441 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (858) (859) (860) (861) (862) (863) (864) ... (1109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Adenikemonie: 2:28pm On Jul 28, 2023
SweetJJ:

Not yet o. They haven't sent the ready for collection email. Last update is still that the tracking id has been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Abuja OC on Thu Jul 20 2023 and is in transit to the IRCC Office in Abuja OC for processing. I also know that when IRCC finally stamps it, it will be updated on the portal.
my tracker said same thing nd same date with mine nd I have collected yesterday without seeing their mail… maybe u should go on Monday
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eniiyanu1: 2:54pm On Jul 28, 2023
How many days after getting this mail did you get your passport?
Adenikemonie:
my tracker said same thing nd same date with mine nd I have collected yesterday without seeing their mail… maybe u should go on Monday
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teslas: 3:12pm On Jul 28, 2023
Adenikemonie:

Please, do you go to their office to collect it in person despite paying for a courier?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Zazozhe2022(m): 3:26pm On Jul 28, 2023
Please house can someone help me with the new IRCC portal link to apply for visit visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 3:57pm On Jul 28, 2023
Please normal bank statements with reference letters from each bank is not acceptable ?

Deluvtj247:

Yes, that is called mybankstatements. I believe you should have a placeholder on your profile to upload/submit the document for explanation. If you have just one place holder to upload your explanation, merge all the document as one pdf and upload.

You can also use this link to submit required document.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application/Form/72
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AskGod07: 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2023
Very much acceptable

I have seen an event VO denied application due to a network problem when accessing MBS on bank website .

Both bank statement is acceptable

meljoe:
Please normal bank statements with reference letters from each bank is not acceptable ?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 4:45pm On Jul 28, 2023
You can apply on the new portal by generate invitation code with this link and check your email to activate it, after then you use the second link to start you application.

Generate invitation code
https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal/

Portal for application
https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

Zazozhe2022:
Please house can someone help me with the new IRCC portal link to apply for visit visa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 4:46pm On Jul 28, 2023
Adenikemonie:

You went to their office and collected your passport? The problem is that it's my mom's passport and she can't go to Abuja as she is busy at work in Anambra state.

But please did they update your ircc account yet and your application tracker not the tracker for vfs?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by charmingsamson(m): 4:57pm On Jul 28, 2023
Hello guys,
I have submitted the documents for my new bank statement (mybankstatement) on my portal IRCC requested . Do I need to inform them that I submitted the documents to clarify the mistakes, or should I wait for their response?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 5:01pm On Jul 28, 2023
What is the current processing time please
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Adenikemonie: 5:02pm On Jul 28, 2023
Eniiyanu1:
How many days after getting this mail did you get your passport?
I no get any mail but I used live chat

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Adenikemonie: 5:03pm On Jul 28, 2023
Teslas:

Please, do you go to their office to collect it in person despite paying for a courier?
I didn’t pay for returned courier
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Adenikemonie: 5:06pm On Jul 28, 2023
SweetJJ:

You went to their office and collected your passport? The problem is that it's my mom's passport and she can't go to Abuja as she is busy at work in Anambra state.

But please did they update your ircc account yet and your application tracker not the tracker for vfs?
yes my tracker shows closed nd ircc account shows too
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 5:18pm On Jul 28, 2023
Adenikemonie:
yes my tracker shows closed nd ircc account shows too

Oh, that's the difference. Her own was last updated 11th of July when they provided the visa details. No further update since then. Ircc account still says background check in progress. I guess we have to wait for a while.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pascal122: 5:48pm On Jul 28, 2023
I need advice to give an older friend of mine who wants to go to Canada but his circumstances is quite different.

He is in his late 40s and a successful, wealthy businessman in Nigeria. He wants to relocate to Canada with his family of two daughters and wife. Both him and his wife have SSCE qualifications as their only education.

What are his chances or what can be do to relocate to Canada? He asked me to help me find a suitable pathway for him and I've been thinking about it for weeks now. Can anyone help?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 6:04pm On Jul 28, 2023
Pascal122:
I need advice to give an older friend of mine who wants to go to Canada but his circumstances is quite different.

He is in his late 40s and a successful, wealthy businessman in Nigeria. He wants to relocate to Canada with his family of two daughters and wife. Both him and his wife have SSCE qualifications as their only education.

What are his chances or what can be do to relocate to Canada? He asked me to help me find a suitable pathway for him and I've been thinking about it for weeks now. Can anyone help?

That's quite tough....

Does he have up to 500 thousand us dollar? Maybe he can qualify for investment visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pascal122: 6:20pm On Jul 28, 2023
oluayebenz:

That's quite tough....

Does he have up to 500 thousand us dollar? Maybe he can qualify for investment visa?

No he doesn't, but he is well to do in a way.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kdfemi(m): 6:29pm On Jul 28, 2023
FatherFigure:

Mine got their on Friday, have you heard back now and do you have your passport. How did you go about it please?
Yes, i collected it today, collection is between 12-2 come around 11:30 and take a number they will give directions where to go, bring a copy of your passport data page, the one you wrote your email and phone number, write your tracking number on it, that’s all you need for submission also bring a pen to sign
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by saskatoonguy: 6:38pm On Jul 28, 2023
Hi Guys, I have a visit visa for myself and daughter, can i book either of these airlines. Lufthansa, Klm or Airfrance?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 6:41pm On Jul 28, 2023
Pascal122:

No he doesn't, but he is well to do in a way.

I don't think he qualify for a residence visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Femidrummer: 7:20pm On Jul 28, 2023
Maybe student route, he can apply for a degree and the others depend on him or her
Pascal122:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DrPrincess: 7:57pm On Jul 28, 2023
Good evening all.
I finally collected my stamped passport.

Application submitted: March 22, 2023
Biometric request: March 23, 2023
Biometric done: March 24, 2023
BVL: June 28, 2023
PPR: July 5, 2023
Passport submission to UPS: Thur July 6, 2023
PP received by VFS Lagos: Mon July 10, 2023
PP dispatched from Lagos: Mon July 10, 2023
PP received by CVAC Abuja OC and to be sent to CVAC Abuja OC: Tue July 11, 2023

I was confused at this point 😕 🫤 because why are you receiving and saying you will send to yourself again then I just assumed they made a mistake in the message. It was not a mistake 😢 😭 😪
Within this period, I checked the application tracker, saw visa number even though my background check was in progress.

PP received by CVAC Abuja OC and in transit to IRCC office Abuja OC: Thur July 13, 2023

I started becoming jittery at this point because of my other upcoming trip. Plus the people that submitted same day with me and a day after me had gotten msgs that their PP had left IRCC after stamping. Checked my status and it was still saying background check in progress🙄

PP received by IRCC: Thur July 20, 2023

So PP was in transit within Abuja for 1 whole week. The PP must have been tired of trekking 😔

PP received by CVAC Abuja CVO: Mon July 24, 2023

I checked my status on the portal and the application tracker. Application tracker was still saying 'in progress' because background check was in progress. Portal was updated to background completed, but no info on passport being stamped.

I decided to chat VFS on Wed morning July 26. Chatted with Chiamaka, she confirmed that PP was in transit to Lagos VFS. I kept stressing how urgent it was because of my planned trip and it was already almost 3 weeks after submission. I was practically pleading that I can pick it up from anywhere... she insisted I will pick it up in lagos VFS office. 2 mins after our chat, collection mail in Lagos dropped 💃 💃 💃
VFS passport tracker was still showing 'in transit' till I collected the passport.

I just checked the application tracker now (fri 28 July), and the status says 'closed'. It was updated July 26, the day lagos collection mail dropped.
The portal overall status still says 'submitted'.

Other info:
I used the new link for application.
I had US visa.
I applied as a tourist.

DrPrincess:
Has anyone had this situation in which you received PPR, but background verification is still in progress. You submitted passport, but background verification still progress...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 8:08pm On Jul 28, 2023
Pascal122:

If he has enough money, he can come in as a tourist and pay for LMIA with a genuine rcic consultant that can help him get an employer, get and lmia and get a work permit . It can cost him about 20k to 35k cad, get an skilled job and the wife can qualify for an open work permit and the children for study permit.

Disclaimer: I heard paying for LMIA is illegal so you have to trade cautiously.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pristine664: 8:20pm On Jul 28, 2023
DrPrincess:
Good evening all.

I was confused at this point 😕 🫤 because why are you receiving and saying you will send to yourself again then I just assumed they made a mistake in the message. It was not a mistake 😢 😭 😪
Within this period, I checked the application tracker, saw visa number even though my background check was in progress.

PP received by CVAC Abuja OC and in transit to IRCC office Abuja OC: Thur July 13, 2023

I started becoming jittery at this point because of my other upcoming trip. Plus the people that submitted same day with me and a day after me had gotten msgs that their PP had left IRCC after stamping. Checked my status and it was still saying background check in progress🙄

So PP was in transit within Abuja for 1 whole week. The PP must have been tired of trekking 😔

I checked my status on the portal and the application tracker. Application tracker was still saying 'in progress' because background check was in progress. Portal was updated to background completed, but no info on passport being stamped.

I decided to chat VFS on Wed morning July 26. Chatted with Chiamaka, she confirmed that PP was in transit to Lagos VFS. I kept stressing how urgent it was because of my planned trip and it was already almost 3 weeks after submission. I was practically pleading that I can pick it up from anywhere... she insisted I will pick it up in lagos VFS office. 2 mins after our chat, collection mail in Lagos dropped 💃 💃 💃
VFS passport tracker was still showing 'in transit' till I collected the passport.

I just checked the application tracker now (fri 28 July), and the status says 'closed'. It was updated July 26, the day lagos collection mail dropped.

Other info:
I had US visa.
I applied as a tourist.

God bless you for this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Deluvtj247: 8:58pm On Jul 28, 2023
Adenikemonie:
u didn’t ask for tracking number?

Gloria said there's no tracking number provided and she ended the chat. I'll try again on Monday/Tuesday if I did not receive the package before then

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DrPrincess: 8:58pm On Jul 28, 2023
Amen.
I'm glad my long story was helpful.
All the best.
Pristine664:

God bless you for this.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Phemos: 10:00pm On Jul 28, 2023
Please o my people
@Emmafe, @ Vikings and others gurus in the house
Please my brother tried to use his credit master dollar card from Gtbank that has 144 usd which is more than 185 cad to pay today for visa and Biometrics but it declined. Please does it mean network is bad or the 144 usd is not up to 185 cad or is it from the card?
Note: He paid Sweden visa recently for someone with the same card

Pls urgent response is needed
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 10:45pm On Jul 28, 2023
Thank you and What’s mbs please ?
AskGod07:
Very much acceptable

I have seen an event VO denied application due to a network problem when accessing MBS on bank website .

Both bank statement is acceptable

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 10:48pm On Jul 28, 2023
Congratulations , please did you just register on the new portal or you generated code first ?

DrPrincess:
Good evening all.

Other info:
I had US visa.
I applied as a tourist.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pascal122: 10:59pm On Jul 28, 2023
SweetJJ:

If he has enough money, he can come in as a tourist and pay for LMIA with a genuine rcic consultant that can help him get an employer, get and lmia and get a work permit . It can cost him about 20k to 35k cad, get an skilled job and the wife can qualify for an open work permit and the children for study permit.

Disclaimer: I heard paying for LMIA is illegal so you have to trade cautiously.

Thanks for the input. I'll let him know.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pascal122: 11:00pm On Jul 28, 2023
Femidrummer:
Maybe student route, he can apply for a degree and the others depend on him or her

It's been over 30 since he was in school but I'll let him know.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kdfemi(m): 12:18am On Jul 29, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (858) (859) (860) (861) (862) (863) (864) ... (1109) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.