Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,381 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (881) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2334888 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (878) (879) (880) (881) (882) (883) (884) ... (1107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nifeyetunde1: 8:22pm On Aug 11, 2023
diogo23:

Same with me, I don't know what I'm expecting i believe i will get the visa sha But I heard that it doesn't take that long anymore
. Wish you best of luck please when you get it kindly tell me, I will let you know too when I get mine, just to encourage each other.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 8:31pm On Aug 11, 2023
Pls house,is 4m enough as proof of fund for 2wks tourist visa to Canada?.... single person...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 8:39pm On Aug 11, 2023
dealhunter:
Pls house,is 4m enough as proof of fund for 2wks tourist visa to Canada?.... single person...

Yeah bro
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nifeyetunde1: 8:47pm On Aug 11, 2023
jesufifunmi:
So I just picked up my passport from VFS. Below is my application timeline for those who are submitting for visit/tourist visa.

Application submitted- July 9, 2023
Biometrics completed at VFS Lagos - July 17, 2023
Biometrics validity letter - July 29, 2023
PPR - July 29, 2023
Passport submission at DHL in Gbagada - July 29, 2023
Eligibility completed: August 10, 2023.

Passport pickup email from VFS Lekki - August 10, 2023

The process, from the day I submitted to the day I picked up my passport took 1 month and 1 day . What God cannot do doesn't exist. I am still in awe of how fast this was because I am not even planning to travel this year, my application says I will be traveling for summer in June 2024.

I do not have any family/relative in Canada. This is my first application.
wow congratulations you so lucky, I did my biometric in July 6 and am here still waiting for their approval.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by puffmama: 8:53pm On Aug 11, 2023
Yes you can. I do that when applying for visas but I also do a break down of savings .
I convert the dollars to naira using oanda rate of the date of application and add lit with the naira .in my cover letter .

I decided to be doing this because a while ago I read that someone used a dollar acct and the ECO assumed it was in naira and thought she didn't have sufficient funds . I actually saw a copy of the refusal letter posted .
I don't really know how he could have made that blunder .

quote author=Tomisyn26 post=125046183]@emmafe
Please can I use my USD account and naira account together as proof of funds, applying from Nigeria [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jesufifunmi: 9:05pm On Aug 11, 2023
puffmama:
Congratulations, did you have valid visas to other countries ?
Did you have to book an appointment for your biometrics or you just walked in .

Yes, I have a valid US visa and several other expired schengen visas. I booked an appointment for Biometrics. You can not walk in for Biometrics.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jesufifunmi: 9:08pm On Aug 11, 2023
meljoe:
Congratulations , what’s the visa validity you were given ?
till my current passport expires. 4 years plus
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jesufifunmi: 9:10pm On Aug 11, 2023
pufframmy:
congratulation what are the documents submited when applying

Nothing special. The regular statement of accounts and marriage cert with children's bc. Also cac documents and previous visas with entry and exist stamps.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 9:16pm On Aug 11, 2023
Munachimso30:

Yeah bro
thank you so much boss!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 9:21pm On Aug 11, 2023
Congrats
jesufifunmi:
till my current passport expires. 4 years plus
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by puffmama: 9:32pm On Aug 11, 2023
Great , thank you .

uote author=jesufifunmi post=125047479]
Yes, I have a valid US visa and several other expired schengen visas. I booked an appointment for Biometrics. You can not walk in for Biometrics. [/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 11, 2023
I landed at Toronto airport. I didn’t spend up to 2min at the border service. Just why are you here. That’s all and I got on my way out of the airport

15 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 10:53pm On Aug 11, 2023
Viking07:
I landed at Toronto airport. I didn’t spend up to 2min at the border service. Just why are you here. That’s all and I got on my way out of the airport

Are you on tourist?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pezooflagos: 11:24pm On Aug 11, 2023
Pls everyone, how much can it cost a poor guy like me to run a Visit visa myself and what way can I take pls. I need guideline please
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 11:27pm On Aug 11, 2023
Pezooflagos:
Pls everyone, how much can it cost a poor guy like me to run a Visit visa myself and what way can I take pls. I need guideline please

Canada visa is not always about money.
Do you have a decent profile?
Good job, good pay, properties?
Any travel history?

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 11:33pm On Aug 11, 2023
Mis3man:

Hello bro good evening plz I would like to know a few things about Canada and what could be some of the challenges for a first time comer

What do you want to know?

Once you have multiple plans, I believe you will overcome all challenges as a first timer.

Will only advice you to come with a very strong winter jacket, winter is just some months away, and the jacket is not cheap....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pezooflagos: 11:53pm On Aug 11, 2023
Please I want to reapply. I’ve been denied before but it was an agent that run it then. Now I want to do it myself with you guys help.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 12:54am On Aug 12, 2023
oluayebenz:

What do you want to know?

Once you have multiple plans, I believe you will overcome all challenges as a first timer.

Will only advice you to come with a very strong winter jacket, winter is just some months away, and the jacket is not cheap....

Copied
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by HonWise(m): 4:49am On Aug 12, 2023
Yes you can use both, once it reflects your name.

Tomisyn26:
@emmafe
Please can I use my USD account and naira account together as proof of funds, applying from Nigeria
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by HonWise(m): 4:50am On Aug 12, 2023
Hello Friends,

If you are coming to Niagara College Welland Campus, I have 2 suitable room for student, 1 minute walk to bus stop, grocery stores near by. It is a new basement, kitchen furnished but rooms are not. Reach me for enquiries, available for immediate occupation, beyond September 1st it may no longer be available.

Success to everyone waiting for PPR, safe travel to those enroute.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Samdav12345: 5:01am On Aug 12, 2023
NigelCundy:
Your travel plans. Includes flight tickets, hotel reservations etc

Okay thank you! Do you have any idea about student accomodation in waterloo, Ontario? Preferably close Conestoga College waterloo campus.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Samdav12345: 5:04am On Aug 12, 2023
HonWise:
Hello Friends,

If you are coming to Niagara College Welland Campus, I have 2 suitable room for student, 1 minute walk to bus stop, grocery stores near by. It is a new basement, kitchen furnished but rooms are not. Reach me for enquiries, available for immediate occupation, beyond September 1st it may no longer be available.

Success to everyone waiting for PPR, safe travel to those enroute.

Do you any link for Conestoga College waterloo campus?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Samdav12345: 5:10am On Aug 12, 2023
House34:

A room in a shared apartment yes (1000-1400) with shared bathroom but if you mean self contain like a studio apartment then be ready you renting btw 2000 to 3000 minimum ..house not cheap in toronto!

Help me with shared apartment in Waterloo close to Conestoga College. I'm landing on 17th of August.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Samdav12345: 5:12am On Aug 12, 2023
oluayebenz:

A room apartment you mean?

Budget 1,000 - 1,400cad

Can you help me with student accomodation in Waterloo close to Conestoga College waterloo campus? I'm landing on 17th of this month.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pezooflagos: 7:08am On Aug 12, 2023
@oluayebenz pls what are the requirements for reapply? Pls I can start getting then.. I don’t have a good job but I have travels experience on my passport. I’ll get all documents just list it out for me sir. Anyone else can help too please
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tomisyn26: 7:45am On Aug 12, 2023
HonWise:
Yes you can use both, once it reflects your name.

Alright thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jaymzee: 7:51am On Aug 12, 2023
Hello house.. I submitted my passport in person at Lagos vfs on the 20th of July, I got an email stating that the decision envelope has left ircc to Abuja vfs on the 4th of August, but till now I haven't received the collection mail. Is anyone also experiencing this please.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tomisyn26: 8:00am On Aug 12, 2023
jesufifunmi:
So I just picked up my passport from VFS. Below is my application timeline for those who are submitting for visit/tourist visa.

Application submitted- July 9, 2023
Biometrics completed at VFS Lagos - July 17, 2023
Biometrics validity letter - July 29, 2023
PPR - July 29, 2023
Passport submission at DHL in Gbagada - July 29, 2023
Eligibility completed: August 10, 2023
Passport pickup email from VFS Lekki - August 10, 2023

The process, from the day I submitted to the day I picked up my passport took 1 month and 1 day . What God cannot do doesn't exist. I am still in awe of how fast this was because I am not even planning to travel this year, my application says I will be traveling for summer in June 2024.

I do not have any family/relative in Canada. This is my first application.
Congratulations
Please do you have any travel history
Have you traveled outside Nigeria before
And how much is your pof
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by diogo23: 9:03am On Aug 12, 2023
Nifeyetunde1:
. Wish you best of luck please when you get it kindly tell me, I will let you know too when I get mine, just to encourage each other.
Alright will do that
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MrALIVE: 9:57am On Aug 12, 2023
This is really tiring.
According to VFS tracker, passport has been couriered to courier service partner since 24th July..no tracking number attached.

3 days ago I chatted VFS through web chat,the lady I chatted with insisted that my passport has been couriered out..when I told her to give me the UPS tracking number she said there is non for now that I should send mail to their helpline for assistance..I've done that yet no reply on the mail.

My agent whose office address in ibadan was used for the return package has not received any package.
I made efforts to contact someone in ibadan UPS office,they said they can't help me out without any tracking number.

At this point,I don't know where my passport is.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obinwanne(m): 10:07am On Aug 12, 2023
dealhunter:

Based on the current exchange rate of #700+ to 1 Canadian dollar, it’s not enough.
The #4m is about $5,000+ and your to and fro tickets is about #3m, more than half of your proof of funds. Hotel, food and other miscellaneous expenses while in Canada haven’t been considered. Besides, VOs do not expect you to blow your savings on a vacation trip.
So, to be on a safe side, you need more money as proof of funds.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kennyg290: 11:35am On Aug 12, 2023
dealhunter:

I have #4M in my account &was told dt it's not enough for POF. I was told to make it up to 8.5M. Canada is 4D higher class now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (878) (879) (880) (881) (882) (883) (884) ... (1107) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: affoncad, Eriokanmi and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.