Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (933) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2322251 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (930) (931) (932) (933) (934) (935) (936) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nickelodeon93: 11:26am On Sep 27, 2023
Eaglestsr:
My brother, I truly understand your point but this man is something else. If I had known I would not have had anything to do with him but it's rather too late. Well I'll just wait for the final result since there's no alternative and I wouldn't want to escalate the matter yet; thanks.
have you done biometrics, if you haven’t done it , on the day of the biometric, go with him and make sure you don’t do it without the details you need even passport
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Rose223: 11:36am On Sep 27, 2023
I haven't gotten any appointment letter from them. I booked biometric for this week since last week no reply just their ticket confirmation email
dealhunter:
it's through vfs website, after ur getting ur biomatric appointment letter,log in to vfs website and check next available date for biometric, midnight or early morning is d best time to see available date.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 12:03pm On Sep 27, 2023
Eaglestsr:
My brother, I truly understand your point but this man is something else. If I had known I would not have had anything to do with him but it's rather too late. Well I'll just wait for the final result since there's no alternative and I wouldn't want to escalate the matter yet; thanks.
You be gentle man...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 12:08pm On Sep 27, 2023
Rose223:
I haven't gotten any appointment letter from them. I booked biometric for this week since last week no reply just their ticket confirmation email
I don't get you, after application Submission,d next step is biometric attendance date letter,after that,you will check VFS website for d next available date for biometric,you will click on next available date,then wait for d date...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Junene: 12:35pm On Sep 27, 2023
Junene:
Hello everyone! Please I sent my passport to vfs office in Abuja 2 weeks ago. Any ideas how I can track it? Does it usually take this long?

Hello everyone! Please I need help oh. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iyaaliyah: 1:00pm On Sep 27, 2023
Hello. Thank you. I got through to it. Apparently, I saved log in on my phone but I have been checking on desktop since . Now, the issue is that there is no messages in my portal.

There was a time I was trying to log in and I was advises to sign up for another portal and link my previous application but it still didn't link anything.

Could this have been the portal I opened?
Is it possible to use thesame email to sign up another portal. I haven't made any application on the new one but I am still receiving messages concerning my application with the old application number of 2021. What can I do please.

lakeside30:

Hello,

That email that they have been sending mails to is your user name, open your account thru this mailbox and click reset password, go back to this mail for reset codes and create new password and log in,there you go
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Rose223: 2:10pm On Sep 27, 2023
Ok thanks
dealhunter:
I don't get you, after application Submission,d next step is biometric attendance date letter,after that,you will check VFS website for d next available date for biometric,you will click on next available date,then wait for d date...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 3:05pm On Sep 27, 2023
abousanogo83:
A friend of mine has a problem with his application which was done by an agent. His application was denied and the wife own was approved because he did not state of his previous USA visa denial.
They requested for the their passports and visa issued to the wife and my friends own was taking long, we requested for his login info which was released then we saw his own was denied after severally messages to him telling him to correct that question of previously denied. All the messages was unread.

Solution: we want to reapply and needs suggestions.
Meanwhile how do we get the PDF of the previous submission? We need to know what and what was filed for them. Can we get that from the Gckey portal? The guys will not release it. Thank you

The previous pdf applications is there in your account,you will need to get the log in details to have access to it and download it,previous information must not be different to the new application you are about to to fill,please this is very important
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 3:10pm On Sep 27, 2023
iyaaliyah:
Hello. Thank you. I got through to it. Apparently, I saved log in on my phone but I have been checking on desktop since . Now, the issue is that there is no messages in my portal.

There was a time I was trying to log in and I was advises to sign up for another portal and link my previous application but it still didn't link anything.

Could this have been the portal I opened?
Is it possible to use thesame email to sign up another portal. I haven't made any application on the new one but I am still receiving messages concerning my application with the old application number of 2021. What can I do please.

You need to have accesss to your account for the old application you filled in 2021 you need it to see the information send to you,perhaps,they need information from you to complete your application process that’s why they are sending you the messages, pls act fast

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abousanogo83: 4:30pm On Sep 27, 2023
lakeside30:

The previous pdf applications is there in your account,you will need to get the log in details to have access to it and download it,previous information must not be different to the new application you are about to to fill,please this is very important

Can you kindly direct me on where when I am logged in
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by prettyynx(m): 4:54pm On Sep 27, 2023
hi .. thanks for the reply ... you can dm me your number on X @realyinkaa and i will give you a call back . it will be highly appreciated

abousanogo83:

I am sorry I am not on IG. I am on X and also maybe email.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mbanolady: 6:21pm On Sep 27, 2023
Good evening house, please I need candid advice on this issue. I recently applied for Canadian Visit Visa but forgot that I have been refused visa before because back then in 2017 it was an agent that filled in for me. It only occured to me after submitting when I realized that my biometric was seen and I will need not go for biometric again.
My question is this, what are my chances for not stating this even though it skipped my memory? Secondly, can I write to them stating this now that a decision has not been made? If yes, how do I go about this.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adelforreal: 6:58pm On Sep 27, 2023
Hello House,
I am currently filling the visitors visa application via the new portal and would like to know the appropriate placeholder to upload employers' letter of introduction and employment letter. The one i saw specifies letter of employment from Canadian employer, so I'm a bit confused here.

Secondly, do i need to complete and upload the consent personal information under optional documents.

I will appreciate responses from those who have previously done this.

Thank you all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by damdee: 7:05pm On Sep 27, 2023
VISITOR VISA ALERT for wife and two kids

Application submission sept 1st
biometric in London UK sept 6th
PPR and BVL for all applicants sept 15th

My Family are on student Uk tier 2 visa and applied from UK

12 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 7:10pm On Sep 27, 2023
damdee:

congrats!

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Adenikemonie: 7:29pm On Sep 27, 2023
Good evening house, pls I’m asking for a friend of mine. Husband is schooling in Canada nd d wife just got to Canada last week nd she doesn’t know how to convert her visit visa to open work permit
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adelforreal: 7:45pm On Sep 27, 2023
Since she is in Canada, she can consider flag polling by going to the closest Canadian - US border to convert her status.

However, she needs to present the following documents:
1) Her husband's letter of admission, letter of acceptance as well as letter of enrollment at the institution where he is currently studying.
2) Marriage certificate
3) Proof of financial means
4) Family pictures and other supporting documents to show their relationship/ties.
5) International passport

It is advisable that her husband goes with her based on the experience of those who had explored this route before.

Gurus in the house can also add to this.

All the best.
Adenikemonie:
Good evening house, pls I’m asking for a friend of mine. Husband is schooling in Canada nd d wife just got to Canada last week nd she doesn’t know how to convert her visit visa to open work permit

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mbanolady: 8:13pm On Sep 27, 2023
mbanolady:
Good evening house, please I need candid advice on this issue. I recently applied for Canadian Visit Visa but forgot that I have been refused visa before because back then in 2017 it was an agent that filled in for me. It only occured to me after submitting when I realized that my biometric was seen and I will need not go for biometric again.
My question is this, what are my chances for not stating this even though it skipped my memory? Secondly, can I write to them stating this now that a decision has not been made? If yes, how do I go about this.
Someone please advise me as to what my fate is
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Adenikemonie: 8:20pm On Sep 27, 2023
adelforreal:
Since she is in Canada, she can consider flag polling by going to the closest Canadian - US border to convert her status.

However, she needs to present the following documents:
1) Her husband's letter of admission, letter of acceptance as well as letter of enrollment at the institution where he is currently studying.
2) Marriage certificate
3) Proof of financial means
4) Family pictures and other supporting documents to show their relationship/ties.
5) International passport

It is advisable that her husband goes with her based on the experience of those who had explored this route before.

Gurus in the house can also add to this.

All the best.
oh thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 8:22pm On Sep 27, 2023
Congratulations
damdee:

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Griffin22: 8:56pm On Sep 27, 2023
Junene:

Hello everyone! Please I need help oh. Thanks

Use the tracking ID given to you on the mail sent to track your package, hopefully you would see exactly where it is.
Except you didn’t receive any mail from VFS
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MayorOfEdmonton: 9:07pm On Sep 27, 2023
Your chances are literally at the mercy of the visa officer processing your application, they are pretty inconsistent. Some in similar situation got email to explain why the previous refusal was omitted before their application is finalised, others got their application rejected outright.

You can send a compassionate webform(Nairobi&Lagos), stating that you omitted stating the refusal in error and apologize for it. And you'd like that detail to be added to your profile. If you have the email/doc of the previous rejection, upload it too.

Possible scenarios- (1)they will acknowledge your webform, add d new details and process ur application with the new details added; or (2) the application gets rejected on the merit of what you submitted& you can reapply immediately without mistakes. Be prepared for both I'd advise.

mbanolady:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 10:24pm On Sep 27, 2023
MayorOfEdmonton:
Your chances are literally at the mercy of the visa officer processing your application, they are pretty inconsistent. Some in similar situation got email to explain why the previous refusal was omitted before their application is finalised, others got their application rejected outright.

You can send a compassionate webform(Nairobi&Lagos), stating that you omitted stating the refusal in error and apologize for it. And you'd like that detail to be added to your profile. If you have the email/doc of the previous rejection, upload it too.

Possible scenarios- (1)they will acknowledge your webform, add d new details and process ur application with the new details added; or (2) the application gets rejected on the merit of what you submitted& you can reapply immediately without mistakes. Be prepared for both I'd advise.

Quickly follow up with this an apologise in details ,and starts praying,
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 10:26pm On Sep 27, 2023
MayorOfEdmonton:

Quickly follow up with this(In Bold )an apologise in details ,and starts praying,
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 10:37pm On Sep 27, 2023
mbanolady:

It will be better if you can withdraw the application and reapply for a new one....

The current application will be rejected based on that, webform or email will basically do nothing.

The earlier you withdraw the better.... if you think you don't wanna withdraw then send webform with explanation but I'm very sure it will have no positive effect....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BoNsi: 10:54pm On Sep 27, 2023
TENHANG:
Good morning guys,

I have always gone true this thread and honestly it was really helpful so i decided to share my xperience on a Canadian VV for others to learn from.

April 28, 2023: An application was submitted for me by an agent. He didn't gimme the login detail, I was not allowed to proof read what was in the application, POF of N4.3m (the printout), employment details with a Financial institution in Nigeria, Leave advise, Spouse invitation (a student in Canada), marriage certificate, pictures that confirm our marriage, A refundable reservation mail, Travel history ( only a tourist visit to Ghana in 2021). My arrival date was proposed to be 24th August

I wrote a statement of purpose for my visit but the Agent said too much documents will make them reject my application cos I will sound abi look soo desperate.

May 4: Biometrics
June 26: Refusal mail, the agent forwarded it to me cos I add no access to my platform. Reason: your asset and financial is not sufficient to show I was going to leave Canada after my visit plans

So I went to the agent, forcefully collected my login details even tho I parted with some cash enough to pay for another application. He said I shld add monies to my POF to 7m I said No, I will not inflate my balance. I changed my password and I re applied my self: I specified the previous rejection reason and I wrote I wish to address it with the following:

I then did a Deed of Gift on a Landed property from my Father in 2021 with it Valuation report worth N7m, added my Car documents (Camry 2010) with it's comprehensive insurance policy that shows its was insured for N4.2m and also a pension plan from my Pension Manager (1.7m as at July). I then added the Statement of purpose.

July 11: I re submitted a fresh application. My arrival date remained the same
August 26: I sent an emotional mail. The responded and updated my tracker that we have received your enquiry
Sept 5: I got a fresh letter from work showing that I already re scheduled my leave to November, hence I informed them of my intention to change my Date on the application to November. I sent it again via web mail, they acknowledged and updated the tracker page also that they received my enquiry.
Sept 11: [/b]I sent a web mail with an attached Property valuation report of my spouse father and a consent letter from him specifying that I am in charge of his property. They acknowledged and also updated the tracker.
[b]Sept 15:
I sent another emotional mail (all this emotional mail, I copied them on this thread and edited them to suit my details). They acknowledged on the tracker also.

Sept 21: PPR (Original Passport was requested)

My submission: [/b]Add as much documents to an asset as you have (compress them to the approved accepted mb), A detailed statement of purpose ll be of help, my Bank statement is better than scanning bulky statement, be precise and detailed on your reason in the application, send web mails when your situation changes and if you wish to send mail to them, I advise you do regularly (he no dey too much) then pray about it always.

[b]Thank you and God bless you all.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BoNsi: 11:07pm On Sep 27, 2023
Good evening house.
I submitted an application for a visitor's visa on the 4th of September 2023 and my Biometrics is yet to be updated.
I had applied for SOWP (my spouse is a student in Canada) in May 2023, but got Refused on 11th August, so I have valid Biometrics and Medical Exams.
I’ve sent emails to request for Biometrics to be updated but nothing has changed on my application status.
Please any information on what I can do will be of great help…
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Phemos: 12:55am On Sep 28, 2023
BoNsi:
Good evening house.
I submitted an application for a visitor's visa on the 4th of September 2023 and my Biometrics is yet to be updated.
I had applied for SOWP (my spouse is a student in Canada) in May 2023, but got Refused on 11th August, so I have valid Biometrics and Medical Exams.
I’ve sent emails to request for Biometrics to be updated but nothing has changed on my application status.
Please any information on what I can do will be of great help…

Relax
They will update it on their own
Stop sending webform on that
My second application took a month and 25 days before they updated my biometrics as completed.
So relax and stop sending webforms on that

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 1:49am On Sep 28, 2023
abousanogo83:

Can you kindly direct me on where when I am logged in

Open ur account,scrol down

Client application summary
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BoNsi: 1:51am On Sep 28, 2023
Alright, thank you for your reply…

Phemos:

Relax
They will update it on their own
Stop sending webform on that
My second application took a month and 25 days before they updated my biometrics as completed.
So relax and stop sending webforms on that
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BossFingy(m): 3:39am On Sep 28, 2023
Am having my biometrics this morning but was just reading the thread i noticed ppl talking about previous refusal visa, i have been refused a U.S visa 6 years ago but i did not include it on my current application, do i have to include its or its not necessary, even if i want to include it, is it possible, how can i do it?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Junene: 5:38am On Sep 28, 2023
Griffin22:

Use the tracking ID given to you on the mail sent to track your package, hopefully you would see exactly where it is.
Except you didn’t receive any mail from VFS
I haven’t received any mail. It’s been 3 weeks now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (930) (931) (932) (933) (934) (935) (936) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.