Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,855 members, 7,828,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (952) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2342702 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) ... (1110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Phemos: 3:09pm On Oct 18, 2023
prettyynx:
i beg to differ @justwise . it is in the Canadian website that a person with a visitors visa is able to apply for a work person through an approved LMIA company giving them a job offer.

if you are a visitor and you have the skills the company needs , you are free to apply for the job. Leave the rest to the company to determine if youre worth it ,

Canada that dropped that update knew that people would apply for such jobs under such circumstances . If not they would have stopped it .

Is it hard to get the job , Yes it is[i][/i] .

NOTE : people are going there to turn their LEGAL visitors visa to a LEGAL work permit . No one is going there to over stay their visa (6 months ) .And if they cant turn their LEGAL visitors visa to a LEGAL work permit, they have a return ticket back home .

Please tell me where the crime was committed here , or is it the intension that makes it a crime ?if it is , then the Canadian rule birthed the intension .

please note : this is just a discussion !
Don't mind these people drinking Panadol in another person's headache. Time they shd have used to face and think of how to solve their own real life problems, they are using it to put eyes in other people's matter.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mojisolani: 3:36pm On Oct 18, 2023
officialmdee:
Experts here please I need help.

I just got update on my Study Visa that I use a fraudulent bank statement.

Truly I did but I have been given 7days to respond to this report.

What do I do? Please anyone with this knowledge

You applied with a fake statement of account, really. Knowing full well that it carry 5yrs ban?anyway nothing can be done that to accept to it and take your 5yrs ban .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 3:44pm On Oct 18, 2023
Phemos:

And u re busy condemning those who go tru visiting visa to Canada but has failed woefully of condemning ur fraudulent government at home. If u re not part of the problem, u shd focus on ur matter and allow other people to do their things the way they want cos u don't have any realistic and tangible help to offer them apart from the so called advice that doesn't put Kobo in anyone's pocket. Besides, they re not applying for those visas with ur money. So I advice u to get busy with what concerns u and keep off from other people's busines. And pls be mindful of ur words wen u say that I encourage fraudulent activities so that u won't get urself in court for character defamation.
Thank u

You need to eat first before dreaming of court case.

I stand by what i said before.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 3:45pm On Oct 18, 2023
prettyynx:
i beg to differ @justwise . it is in the Canadian website that a person with a visitors visa is able to apply for a work person through an approved LMIA company giving them a job offer.

if you are a visitor and you have the skills the company needs , you are free to apply for the job. Leave the rest to the company to determine if youre worth it ,

Canada that dropped that update knew that people would apply for such jobs under such circumstances . If not they would have stopped it .

Is it hard to get the job , Yes it is[i][/i] .

NOTE : people are going there to turn their LEGAL visitors visa to a LEGAL work permit . No one is going there to over stay their visa (6 months ) .And if they cant turn their LEGAL visitors visa to a LEGAL work permit, they have a return ticket back home .

Please tell me where the crime was committed here , or is it the intension that makes it a crime ?if it is , then the Canadian rule birthed the intension .

please note : this is just a discussion !

I'm not referring to those doing things legitimately, i thought you should know that.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kennyg290: 4:08pm On Oct 18, 2023
Canada govt intention to allow VV to be converted to WP is to allow skillful immigrants to contribute to their economy but some people including Nigerians turns it to business & means of extortion that made LMIA difficult to get. Some of us still at home need to plan more b4 we JAPA.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MayorOfEdmonton: 5:29pm On Oct 18, 2023
Sir, for the sake of conversation and clarity, a visitor to Canada is not an immigrant.... perhaps a potential immigrant is more apt.
While the government introduced the possibility for conversion of VV to WP, there are conditions that make it almost impossible for most Nigerian visitors as they don't have the requisite skills. It's not as easy as some people say it is.

A good plan is essential in anything in life especially Japa like you said-
A good plan in my opinion will be to research on the government requirements for a company to have positive LMIA assessment, that will help intending VV to WP applicant know why few companies even bother to go through the hassle.

Another good plan will be to research on the skills in demand in whichever province/city you plan to go to that companies will have difficulty hiring quite a number unemployed PRs, PGWP, SOWP holders because they don't have the requisite skills and get certified in that skill before going to Canada or immediately upon arrival. Though it doesn't guarantee employment/visa conversion, you at least have a fighting chance.
A quick look at most job adverts- they usually state that only citizen, pr, WP holders in bold.
And truth is there are PRs that have difficulty finding suitable jobs despite having requisite experience for months after arriving because of internal company politics/bias/nepotism/'Canadian Experience'/Canadian Certifications,etc- that's a story for another thread.

There are several cases of stranded visitors in Canada from different countries that leaves an unpleasant feeling especially when you meet a fellow Nigeria that was misinformed & didn't plan well and expect some miraculous/divine intervention sadly. Na why some monikers dey vex for the matter.

So again have a good, informed and well-researched plan- even God/Bible advises this & don't burn your bridges in Nigeria just incase it's not as easy as you hoped it would be.
Is it possible to get a job that will facilitate Legal VV to WP conversion? Yes but be realistic.
I still look forward to meeting or reading about someone that successfully converted their VV to WP Legitimately as there's been none I've met or read about yet. Could be you Kenny!!😊😊

Ìré oooo

Kennyg290:
Canada govt intention to allow VV to be converted to WP is to allow skillful immigrants to contribute to their economy but some people including Nigerians turns it to business & means of extortion that made LMIA difficult to get. Some of us still at home need to plan more b4 we JAPA.

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olakunle10: 6:22pm On Oct 18, 2023
Are you sure you are quoting the right person. Read again and quote who got you upset. I'm not sure i wrote anything to upset anyone here. So calm down oga.
Phemos:

Oga rest abeg
No come dey show urself for here
If ur family dey ok financially, allow people wey still dey find their way to do so.
If u dey holy, abeg take ur holiness to ur room and allow people to do their things cos u no get anything to offer them to help their lives

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 6:59pm On Oct 18, 2023
officialmdee:

You have been bursted....
Accept your ban in good fate....

Do you use agent ?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 7:10pm On Oct 18, 2023
Oluwamek:
Good morning, everyone.
I have a question and would appreciate if anyone here is able to enlighten me.
I applied for Canadian VV in April 2023, PPR was in July and I got back my passport with the visa sticker in August.
I however noticed that there was a review of Eligibility update on the portal on the 9th of August(this was after the PPR though), and since then, the portal has not been updated with my Visa details(validity period of my visa).
Should I be worried?
Is this normal?
Has anyone experienced this before?

No need to be worried, forget portal being updated or not,
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 7:12pm On Oct 18, 2023
jj17cv:
Pls how long background check will takes since 17th of August eligibility Not yet started travel date Dec

If you are eligible, they can still give u your visa regardless of your travel date,just be hopeful
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 7:14pm On Oct 18, 2023
officialmdee:

U shouldn't have,they normally confirm bank statements, them and Uk....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hayor88(m): 7:15pm On Oct 18, 2023
Good evening all
Can a 3pm biometric person go to the VFS by 10am to get biometric done...or it must one wait till 3pm
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Atatukseeker: 8:19pm On Oct 18, 2023
Those who have gotten their visa can you share how long you waited before you get the visa. This 3 months of a thing is annoying. I have about 12m for single application visit visa application. I’m yet to know my chances of getting this visa.

Summited marriage certificate
Car documents
CAC documents
Family marriage picture
Covid vaccine certificate
Landed property documents
Original bank statement 12M
Even added my university credentials

I can’t wait for the ppr

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Phemos: 8:21pm On Oct 18, 2023
Atatukseeker:
Those who have gotten their visa can you share how long you waited before you get the visa. This 3 months of a thing is annoying. I have about 12m for single application visit visa application. I’m yet to know my chances of getting this visa.

Car documents
CAC documents
Family marriage picture

I can’t wait for the ppr
Wen did u submit?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mobil567: 8:53pm On Oct 18, 2023
Don’t worry, they will learn the hard way eventually.
Maria96:
Beware of this agent that wasn’t named but based in Saskatchewan
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by YouthWatch: 9:00pm On Oct 18, 2023
Oluwamek:
Good morning, everyone.
I have a question and would appreciate if anyone here is able to enlighten me.
I applied for Canadian VV in April 2023, PPR was in July and I got back my passport with the visa sticker in August.
I however noticed that there was a review of Eligibility update on the portal on the 9th of August(this was after the PPR though), and since then, the portal has not been updated with my Visa details(validity period of my visa).
Should I be worried?
Is this normal?
Has anyone experienced this before?

You already have your visa. So relax.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 9:37pm On Oct 18, 2023
Atatukseeker:

Car documents
CAC documents
Family marriage picture

I can’t wait for the ppr

It make it 1 year ,4month my wife application has been waiting, though there was a step forward on the 8th of September, she have since replied them based on this,noting yet since then
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ofime123(m): 9:47pm On Oct 18, 2023
If you tire you go carry your kaya comot for here enemy of process and a saddest
Mobil567:
Bingo. A look on my page should give you a hint on my location. I only came here to get information for a colleague, but was met with disgraceful Nigerians who wish to keep tarnishing our image and making things hard for GENUINE applicants.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ofime123(m): 9:56pm On Oct 18, 2023
Carry your cross. Nobody send you to use a fraudulent bank statement.
officialmdee:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bigolly(m): 10:00pm On Oct 18, 2023
Please do someone has to submit his passport all through while the visa process last? I have valid visas on my passport, I may need to travel before they make a decision Since the processing take longer
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ofime123(m): 10:02pm On Oct 18, 2023
We are here doing thing legitimately and we condemn people that use fraudulent means to get visa. The issue is with that guy that is laying causes on his ancestors. Because people are traveling with visit visa and convert to work permit. He should vent his anger on Canadian government that set the rules. Like I said the guy is a saddest and his depressed he should be check on
justwise:

I'm not referring to those doing things legitimately, i thought you should know that.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ofime123(m): 10:08pm On Oct 18, 2023
This is where we get it wrong any little thing we start mentioning Nigeria. Nigerians are even the least of this LMIA racket. The indians a leading in the game but you will not hear any noise. And pls nobody should pay for any LMIA because you can apply for jobs yourself and get it. People are still getting jobs themselves
Kennyg290:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ofime123(m): 10:19pm On Oct 18, 2023
No you will not
Bigolly:
Please do someone has to submit his passport all through while the visa process last? I have valid visas on my passport, I may need to travel before they make a decision Since the processing take longer

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tripoli007(m): 11:13pm On Oct 18, 2023
chiomapx:
This is 44days after my BVL dropped.
I applied October 2022,
Biometrics 16th October
BVL 13th of April ...
Visa number and expiring date already on tracker.

I think they are approving Visa based on purpose of visit...

My propose of visit:
Catholic church in Ontario invited me for Christmas celebration program.
Are they waiting to send PPR during Ember months or what?.

For my purpose of visit, can't even send an emotional letter😭😭😭😭..

Pls dear ,how did you go about the church invitation , pls I will love a response . Thanks in advance
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ikiloba: 12:06am On Oct 19, 2023
LoL baba go sleep before this people finish you laugh wan kill me. LoL as for the man with fake statement of account baba carry your cross oo
Mobil567:
k.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mobil567: 12:08am On Oct 19, 2023
do u see me writing back to them? I already said my case, so they can keep crying away their incoming sorrows and continous hardship.
Ikiloba:
LoL baba go sleep before this people finish you laugh wan kill me. LoL as for the man with fake statement of account baba carry your cross oo
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lemmon242: 12:15am On Oct 19, 2023
Good day gurus please why is VFS website says no slot available for 1 applicant for biometric

(1) (2) (3) ... (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) ... (1110) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: olaoluwa83, corporateDan(m), Ibrahim8358(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.