Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (954) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2342732 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) (957) ... (1110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Phemos: 12:38pm On Oct 19, 2023
ofime123:
Then why can't you quote and caution that good for nothing guy call mobile to stop laying causes on his ancestors since you can now see that a visitor visa holder can apply for jobs in Canada. Una hypocrite for this nairaland too much

Canada currently permits people with visitor's visa to apply for work permit which means that going to Canada on a visitor's visa with the intention to get work permit and start working is possible and acceptable by Canadian government. Therefore, it is not a bad idea or against Canada public policy for a visitor to have the intention to work in Canada while on a visit visa because Canadian government has confirmed a public policy which empowers visitors to convert to work permit if they wish

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hunee: 12:43pm On Oct 19, 2023
No wahala wink
Phemos:

Sorry pls
It was a mistake 🤝
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mobil567: 12:44pm On Oct 19, 2023
lol, he and all the other wailers understands the terms and conditions of the visit visa fully. Otherwise they wouldn’t be here rehearsing responses to give to the border control officers that have found out their tricks. Some even advertise flying to other airports that are “less strict”. If you are so sure of the allowance of work with a visit visa, simply say that as the reason during your visa application or tell the officers when they ask. No need to beat around the bush with your responses or book hotel reservations you have not intent to use or be doing hide and seek from one airport to another grin grin grin grin grin.

Be as courageous as you are here on nairaland.
grin cheesy

Dear officer, I’m applying as a tourist… but deep down I plan to remain to work illegally. Even if it’s $10 a day I’m getting for manual work wey wan kill me, no problem. As long as I can snap with snow in the background.

grin grin grin grin
justwise:

If you are unable to understand the difference then i give up.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Phemos: 12:48pm On Oct 19, 2023
justwise:

If you are unable to understand the difference then i give up.

(Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Like) (Share)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mobil567: 12:38pm On Oct 17
It’s very unfortunate to read comments here about people intentionally planning or already abusing the visit visa system.

At the end of the day, Nigerians are truly the problem before the government. The same Nigerians complaining about long interrogations at Toronto airport because of frequent cases of the visit vsia abuse, are the same Nigerians still planing to do the same.

Tomorrow when Canada bans Nigerians like the UAE did or make the application stricter, you same abusers will blame it on the government.

If you are guilty of this and reading this, a big shame on you! And I truly hope that nemesis catches up with you. There’s no excuse for illegality. Nothing stops you from going through the EE route or even student visa route. Infact, having the visit visa alone makes the study visa easier to get. But no, you want to feel smart and cheat the system and make things harder for future applicants.

See, You will never gain anything fruitful as you abuse the privilege. You will suffer from day 1 and eventually leave there out of frustration. I hope that majority of you are eventually deported in shame. You will all labour in vain.

You can take this to wherever you wish.
(Quote) (Report) 2 Likes (Like) (Share)

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mobil567: 12:50pm On Oct 19, 2023
lol pls let’s be serious here.

This wasn’t your initial argument. You said clearly that people can work with a visit visa!

There’s a difference between going with a visit visa and during your visit, job search and get an employer to sponsor your work visa. Which in most cases, you have to still apply from outside anyway.

Than selling all your properties and traveling with the visit visa with the intention of never returning. As in you intend to remain beyond the allowed validity permitted to engage in work. Aka black market work.

Just because you have a 5-10 year visa doesn’t mean you can stay there for the whole duration. Except in cases where it is a “super visa”

So be very clear on your stance and stop beating around the bush
Phemos:

Canada currently permits people with visitor's visa to apply for work permit which means that going to Canada on a visitor's visa with the intention to get work permit and start working is possible and acceptable by Canadian government. Therefore, it is not a bad idea or against Canada public policy for a visitor to have the intention to work in Canada while on a visit visa because Canadian government has confirmed a public policy which empowers visitors to convert to work permit if they wish
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Phemos: 12:51pm On Oct 19, 2023
Phemos:

It’s very unfortunate to read comments here about people intentionally planning or already abusing the visit visa system.

At the end of the day, Nigerians are truly the problem before the government. The same Nigerians complaining about long interrogations at Toronto airport because of frequent cases of the visit vsia abuse, are the same Nigerians still planing to do the same.

Tomorrow when Canada bans Nigerians like the UAE did or make the application stricter, you same abusers will blame it on the government.

If you are guilty of this and reading this, a big shame on you! And I truly hope that nemesis catches up with you. There’s no excuse for illegality. Nothing stops you from going through the EE route or even student visa route. Infact, having the visit visa alone makes the study visa easier to get. But no, you want to feel smart and cheat the system and make things harder for future applicants.

See, You will never gain anything fruitful as you abuse the privilege. You will suffer from day 1 and eventually leave there out of frustration. I hope that majority of you are eventually deported in shame. You will all labour in vain.

This is what ur friend ignorantly wrote that generated the whole argument
Laying curses on his ancestors because some people wish to use VV to get work permit and start working in Canada
His problem and annoyance is that they shd come back and stop efforts to change VV to WP as he is the current prime minister of Canada

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mobil567: 12:51pm On Oct 19, 2023
You missed this too right?
Phemos:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 1:15pm On Oct 19, 2023
Phemos:

You honestly need to calm down and read before jumping to isult people.

You have failed to answer any question here rather you are so quick to insult people for just no reason
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ofime123(m): 1:23pm On Oct 19, 2023
I think you are the one misinformed over here as a visitor visa holder I get to Canada on a visit visa and I apply for a job and the company agree to offer me a job with an LMIA. I can then change me visit visa to work permit just agree you don't know about this and let's move on from here. There are so many ways you can convert you visit visa to PR in Canada even in Atlantic region. You can get a job as a visitor visa holder in the Atlantic region in Canada. Once the employer is under the designated employer in the region you can convert you visa to work permit and even get pr faster than people that choose the school route. No need of LMIA in Atlantic region, the company only need to endorse the employee then you will be qualify to apply for permanent resident.You are no wiser than Canadian government that made all this possible...
justwise:

No you can not, you are missinformed. You can not work in Canada with visiting visa.

You still can not understnad this simple rule.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ofime123(m): 1:29pm On Oct 19, 2023
Leave this people them no know something instead of them to agree they will look for a way to exonerate their ignorance
Phemos:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ofime123(m): 1:32pm On Oct 19, 2023
You need to go and jump in the lagoon if you do not like it. You are not wiser than the government that set the rules.
Mobil567:
lol, he and all the other wailers understands the terms and conditions of the visit visa fully. Otherwise they wouldn’t be here rehearsing responses to give to the border control officers that have found out their tricks. Some even advertise flying to other airports that are “less strict”. If you are so sure of the allowance of work with a visit visa, simply say that as the reason during your visa application or tell the officers when they ask. No need to beat around the bush with your responses or book hotel reservations you have not intent to use or be doing hide and seek from one airport to another grin grin grin grin grin.

Be as courageous as you are here on nairaland.
grin cheesy

Dear officer, I’m applying as a tourist… but deep down I plan to remain to work illegally. Even if it’s $10 a day I’m getting for manual work wey wan kill me, no problem. As long as I can snap with snow in the background.

grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 1:47pm On Oct 19, 2023
ofime123:
I think you are the one misinformed over here as a visitor visa holder I get to Canada on a visit visa and I apply for a job and the company agree to offer me a job with an LMIA. I can then change me visit visa to work permit just agree you don't know about this and let's move on from here. There are so many ways you can convert you visit visa to PR in Canada even in Atlantic region. You can get a job as a visitor visa holder in the Atlantic region in Canada. Once the employer is under the designated employer in the region you can convert you visa to work permit and even get pr faster than people that choose the school route. No need of LMIA in Atlantic region, the company only need to endorse the employee then you will be qualify to apply for permanent resident.You are no wiser than Canadian government that made all this possible...

So is that working with visiting visa? Or are you another confused dude? Can you work legally with visiting visa? Yes or No

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 2:32pm On Oct 19, 2023
@justwise

Please, call your watchdog to order!!!. Frustration is killing him. You can't come here to be laying curses on people because you want to correct them. You are deleting replies but seem happy to leave his curse, right??

Except if he hadn't been without a sin is when all the curses he has typed will not be his, otherwise, it will never depart from him

Mobil567:
lol you must be really pained. Probably the curses are already manifesting in your illegal life in Canada. Guess what? They will remain till you learn to do right.

A new Nigeria starts from us! From you!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by metrotpu: 2:45pm On Oct 19, 2023
fight no good ooo
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 3:03pm On Oct 19, 2023
Una Wahala too much for this thread....

VV to WP issues again 🤔

Please leave people to their fate, abi wetin dey sup sef....

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Om20: 3:24pm On Oct 19, 2023
Hello my people, please how much in Naira should be in a bank statement or Proof of fund and how many month should POF be for Canada visit visa application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 3:36pm On Oct 19, 2023
Congrats on your successful journey. You are welcome.

This is more of what we need and not a bitter spirit with cursed soul grin

Oriadeade:
I want to use this opportunity to say a very big thanks to all d ppl here sharing information
We landed by 4:00pm and I was stamped by 6:30pm
POE : Toronto
Question
why re u here
Where I work
How much I HV access to
Hotel reservation
Family ties and property
Thank God for everything sha

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 4:31pm On Oct 19, 2023
welcome to canada

Oriadeade:
I want to use this opportunity to say a very big thanks to all d ppl here sharing information
We landed by 4:00pm and I was stamped by 6:30pm
POE : Toronto
Question
why re u here
Where I work
How much I HV access to
Hotel reservation
Family ties and property
Thank God for everything sha
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mobil567: 5:12pm On Oct 19, 2023
Don’t mistake it. The so called curses you are crying about are only liable to people GUILTY of the accused. I see no reason why you people are vibrating unnecessarily here. Abi are you all guilty?

grin cheesy grin cheesy
slimmsyyetty:

Please, call your watchdog to order!!!. Frustration is killing him. You can't come here to be laying curses on people because you want to correct them. You are deleting replies but seem happy to leave his curse, right??

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ThisPower: 6:46pm On Oct 19, 2023
Una dey over load this thread for we wey be silent reader
I just had to login to say this and let's continue with the information

That moniker fault was the curses he laid but he passed a valid point. The lies we tell is making it difficult for genuine applicants who just want to visit. Sheyb somebody shared POE experience and the border Officers mentioned it meaning they already know our game.

It is ILLEGAL to work on a VISIT VISA. That Visa is for the purpose you selected be it tourism or conference or visit a member.

Is it LEGAL to work with a VV.. No, it is illegal
Is it LEGAL to look for A JOB on a VV and apply then get a WORK PERMIT.. yes, it is legal

Most of the people arguing here are not getting the fact and that is what justwise is trying to point out as well.

When you get to Canada on a VV, you are prohibited to work.
But if you Go and look for a job under LMIA, then you can apply for work permit or you flagpole to change your status faster then you can start working. That way you are not violating your VV status.

This is basic understanding.
Go on YouTube and see people who think they can just enter Canada ND start working, they are on the streets. Infact the videos will make you cry.

Please you people should not misquote what is on Canada website abeg o

A visit visa holder working without changing their status to work permit is illegal.

Canada that you can barely get something done without SIN. Many PRs, student are looking for Jobs, and they are the ones employee will consider first before vv.
With your skills, qualifications,job hunting spirit and God,you can get a Job on a VV then you follow due procedure.
If not, when you have stayed well, please come back make you no destroy your immigration history.

8 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ThisPower: 6:49pm On Oct 19, 2023
justwise:

So is that working with visiting visa? Or are you another confused dude? Can you work legally with visiting visa? Yes or No

Dem no gree answer this question

All of them just dey shout you can get a job under LMIA and bla bla as if it is very easy.
But the question whether you can work on a VV, hard to answer

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ThisPower: 6:56pm On Oct 19, 2023
Mobil567:
lol pls let’s be serious here.

This wasn’t your initial argument. You said clearly that people can work with a visit visa!

There’s a difference between going with a visit visa and during your visit, job search and get an employer to sponsor your work visa. Which in most cases, you have to still apply from outside anyway.

Than selling all your properties and traveling with the visit visa with the intention of never returning. As in you intend to remain beyond the allowed validity permitted to engage in work. Aka black market work.

Just because you have a 5-10 year visa doesn’t mean you can stay there for the whole duration. Except in cases where it is a “super visa”

So be very clear on your stance and stop beating around the bush

You made points but their annoyance is your curses which you went overboard with to be sincere.

Somebody mentioned the Indians are doing it, but did not mention the Indians will enter with VV get job due to their relationship closeness and cooperation, then they change straight to work permit so they can start working.

They are not working with that VV status that is what the people arguing here fail to understand.

Indians will house themselves, but some of our people will spend all money due to what they expected is not working and rather sleep on the street or apply for asylum instead of coming back home.
Thereby spoiling our nation records and making it hard for genuine people.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) (957) ... (1110) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: horlorbah(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.