Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,815 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (960) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2321392 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (957) (958) (959) (960) (961) (962) (963) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Aykisbi(m): 6:39pm On Oct 27, 2023
Hi, pls I'll like to make enquiry on the truck driving school and enrollment process. Pls dm me ur email address. Thanks and God bless our hustle.

Thank you for this information, I'm actually planning on traveling to Canada this December on a visitor's visa with the plan of getting a truck driving job when I get there, I'm currently learning truck driving in Nigeria ( straight truck) and will get all the neccessary Nigeria license ( class D, class G and international driver's license) I will like you to clarify something for me there are 2 types of truck driving licenses in Ontario class AZ and class DZ. The class AZ allows you to drive truck/tractor-trailer while the class DZ allows you to drive straight or articulated trucks (which am currently learning) and getting the class DZ license in Ontario is a little cheaper (about 3k CAD based on my enquiries) than the class AZ. My question is, is it going to be easy to get an lmia approved job with Class DZ license compared to the class AZ which you're obviously referring to in your post and will my experience in Nigeria make any difference while searching for job?[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 6:45pm On Oct 27, 2023
eorom:

Stop misguiding people. Trucking Schools will not enroll you without a legal resident status (not a temporary resident status - visitor visa). Don't mislead your fellow Nigerians.

If any Trucking School is offering to enroll you without a legal resident status, please run (scam&fraud). If no one has said it yet, I will say it: scam and fraud is prevalent in Canada.

Help people by sharing information that will help them settle in Canada and not struggle for months unending. I challenge you to name the trucking school that offers it and I will gladly call them and provide all info on this platform.

Infact ehn....
Too many scam....
But I don't pity people who get scammed thou

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cfcchick: 6:57pm On Oct 27, 2023
Please can someone help😒 please is it compulsory to notarize invitation letter for visit visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Aameenaah: 7:21pm On Oct 27, 2023
cfcchick:
Please can someone help😒 please is it compulsory to notarize invitation letter for visit visa?
No, it’s not. Just make sure the invitee signs it
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by eorom: 7:26pm On Oct 27, 2023
cfcchick:
Please can someone help😒 please is it compulsory to notarize the invitation letter for a visit visa?

It is not compulsory (optional). People do it to validate the documents mentioned in the invitation letter. For example, if the inviter includes an identity card (PR for instance), bank statements, NOA, etc.

It is optional smiley (except it was indicated on the documents requested in the portal before submitting it (specific to applications from certain countries)).

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BossFingy(m): 7:51pm On Oct 27, 2023
What about a welder is there any certification for welders or are chances high for a welder to get an LMIA job offer..
ofime123:
This is the wrong place to be asking that question because people on this forum will discourage you and you will not achieve anything. Now back to your question about truck driving. You can get a Canadian truck license while on visit visa I repeat don't let anyone discourage you. First before you travel to Canada get your Nigeria G license and driving history from frsc. When you get to Canada you will enroll for a g1 license when you get that you will skip the G2 because you already have your G license from Nigeria, then you enroll for the G license in Canada. With your Canadian G license you will be able to enroll in a trucking school over there. And believe me an LMIA job is always waiting for a truck driver over there. Remember you need money to do all this so travel down with atlease 8k cad. Like I say don't listen to anybody that want to discourage you in achieving your dreams. I know bad belle people will still come here and say rubbish I dey wait for una
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by orjohn24: 9:07pm On Oct 27, 2023
ofime123:
Go for the AZ it much better because that were the main bucks is. Some trucking school charge about 5k for that. And if you don't have the funds for that, you can go for the DZ and start from there. Let me give you a hint as you are learning the truck in Nigeria don't forget to make allot of video of yourself driving the truck. After you have you certificate. Most trucking school will refer you to employer and the company will always want to ask for experience. With proof. This is were the video you have make about you driving truck will comes to play. You show them the video and trust me you will be employ because truck driving job is in demand job all over Canada company go rush you. Na you go tire for work

Bad energy pls stay away from my post

But sir, you still dey hustle france and canada visa but why you dey share info like you dey canada and experience the truck lmia urself .pls when u get to canada with vv and get ur truck license and get lmia then come back and share ur experience on the forum but as at now...you just sharing information that u never experienced urself na people like u dey mislead others with conflicting informations!

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by damosade(m): 4:56am On Oct 28, 2023
orjohn24:

You arrived in Canada on a tourist visa as a tourist, but after completing truck driving school without full G licence looking in AZ , you plan to apply to IRCC to extend your visitor visa while looking for trucking companies to hire you for work. Does the reason to extend your Client visa sound logical to you?
A visitor visa, by its nature, is intended for temporary visits, tourism, family visits, and similar purposes. Extending a visitor visa with the primary intent of seeking employment may raise questions about whether the visitor's true intentions were accurately represented during the initial visa application. When people continue to engage with unqualified agents like you, they often encounter a lack of professionalism and waste money, which can result in them becoming stranded or go the unplanned asylum route!

I need to be cleared here. Why is Canadian Government says you can convert your visiting visa to work?
Or am I not making sense?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by orjohn24: 10:58am On Oct 28, 2023
damosade:

I need to be cleared here. Why is Canadian Government says you can convert your visiting visa to work?
Or am I not making sense?

You can but you need to have a job offer that is supported by a labour market impact assessment (LMIA) or an LMIA-exempt offer of employment, submit an application for an employer-specific work. ..but how easy to get this jobs when they are thousands refugee, student ,pr holder all with work permit and employer can easily pick ahd start work immediately without lmia application..Ask people that arrive canada with vv and how they surviving not all this fairly tales u read online 2 to 3 month this page was filled with all this truck and lmia gang but today many of them dey asylum camp in toronto while lmia become impossible and faced with reality ..just prepare ahead if you coming to canada on vv and have a backup plan.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teeeteee130: 12:27pm On Oct 28, 2023
orjohn24:

You can but you need to have a job offer that is supported by a labour market impact assessment (LMIA) or an LMIA-exempt offer of employment, submit an application for an employer-specific work. ..but how easy to get this jobs when they are thousands refugee, student ,pr holder all with work permit and employer can easily pick ahd start work immediately without lmia application..Ask people that arrive canada with vv and how they surviving not all this fairly tales u read online 2 to 3 month this page was filled with all this truck and lmia gang but today many of them dey asylum camp in toronto while lmia become impossible and faced with reality ..just prepare ahead if you coming to canada on vv and have a backup plan.

Good morning boss and thanks for that comprehensive explanation.

Please I will like to know what documents I need to apply visiting visa for my wife?

I'm an international student in Canada but her SOWP application was refused.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Yaltz: 1:24pm On Oct 28, 2023
ofime123:
This is the wrong place to be asking that question because people on this forum will discourage you and you will not achieve anything. Now back to your question about truck driving. You can get a Canadian truck license while on visit visa I repeat don't let anyone discourage you. First before you travel to Canada get your Nigeria G license and driving history from frsc. When you get to Canada you will enroll for a g1 license when you get that you will skip the G2 because you already have your G license from Nigeria, then you enroll for the G license in Canada. With your Canadian G license you will be able to enroll in a trucking school over there. And believe me an LMIA job is always waiting for a truck driver over there. Remember you need money to do all this so travel down with atlease 8k cad. Like I say don't listen to anybody that want to discourage you in achieving your dreams. I know bad belle people will still come here and say rubbish I dey wait for una

Bro stop misleading people
No driving school will ever try it to teach you if you are on a vv except if you lied to them that you have wp

Common First Aid training them go request for your wp now to talk of trucking DL

Trucking is a real deal here

If anyone said he start trucking driver training or convert his naija dL to truck dL while on vv let him step forward and tell us how he get am.

The deal is: these LMIA job are always menial and farm job, people do it for one or couple of years to change their status so after changing they will go for their main or career job….

I stand to be corrected but if you go correct me kindly bring proof Abeg and stop misleading people

Peace

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kennyg290: 1:51pm On Oct 28, 2023
Yaltz:

Bro stop misleading people
No driving school will ever try it to teach you if you are on a vv except if you lied to them that you have wp

Common First Aid training them go request for your wp now to talk of trucking DL

Trucking is a real deal here

If anyone said he start trucking driver training or convert his naija dL to truck dL while on vv let him step forward and tell us how he get am.

The deal is: these LMIA job are always menial and farm job, people do it for one or couple of years to change their status so after changing they will go for their main or career job….

I stand to be corrected but if you go correct me kindly bring proof Abeg and stop misleading people

Peace

Menial job that gives LMIA,is it not better than asylum for future assurance. Just like in UK then,when pple did care work for some years b4 switching. The most important for me is dt VV can be converted to WP.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Time55: 1:52pm On Oct 28, 2023
Good day NLs, what are the procedures to change a vv to a study visa. Would appreciate responses on this
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Deronke1: 5:34pm On Oct 28, 2023
Please is it possible to apply for student visa and visitors visa same time
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kennyg290: 6:37pm On Oct 28, 2023
Deronke1:
Guy just apply for SV straight,what's d need of VV.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 7:20pm On Oct 28, 2023
Time55:
Good day NLs, what are the procedures to change a vv to a study visa. Would appreciate responses on this

There is nothing like changing your visit visa to study visa directly with IRCC. You would need to follow the procedures of getting an admission from an approved DLI institute and apply for your study permit as if you are outside of Canada because you wont be a legal resident of Canada having a " visit visa" status.

Once you submit your application and still in process while your authorized period of stay for your visit expires, you are required to depart to your home country and await decision on the study visa application because you would need to go through the port of entry before issuance of your study permit. (Don't be tempted to overstay your visit because you are awaiting decision on study permit).

Frankly, it is better applying for your study permit from your home country than applying from Canada ( if you are not a legal resident), it gives that impression of strong home ties.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Time55: 7:58pm On Oct 28, 2023
Thanks for the response, well appreciated
I will like to connect with via email if u don't mind

olasubomy:

There is nothing like changing your visit visa to study visa directly with IRCC. You would need to follow the procedures of getting an admission from an approved DLI institute and apply for your study permit as if you are outside of Canada because you wont be a legal resident of Canada having a " visit visa" status.

Once you submit your application and still in process while your authorized period of stay for your visit expires, you are required to depart to your home country and await decision on the study visa application because you would need to go through the port of entry before issuance of your study permit. (Don't be tempted to overstay your visit because you are awaiting decision on study permit).

Frankly, it is better applying for your study permit from your home country than applying from Canada ( if you are not a legal resident), it gives that impression of strong home ties.

Hope this helps!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ikiloba: 8:26pm On Oct 28, 2023
Yes
Deronke1:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 9:19pm On Oct 28, 2023
Time55:
Thanks for the response, well appreciated
I will like to connect with via email if u don't mind

I have stopped responding to e-mails for some time now because i no longer have that time commitment to give clarifications and assistance to monikers that needs support on their applications. Sorry, about that. I just login randomly from time to time when i am free, but you can always ask your questions here. I would respond if no other person has responded .I see lots of very informed guys on this thread who would be ready to answer all your questions in case i am offline so you are in good hands.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Time55: 9:50pm On Oct 28, 2023
Well understood bro, what am trying to figure here is a case whereby someone as a vv already but still yet to travel and still have an admission offer as well. What are the things to be done in this kind of scenario

olasubomy:

I have stopped responding to e-mails for some time now because i no longer have that time commitment to give clarifications and assistance to monikers that needs support on their applications. Sorry, about that. I just login randomly from time to time when i am free, but you can always ask your questions here. I would respond if no other person has responded .I see lots of very informed guys on this thread who would be ready to answer all your questions in case i am offline so you are in good hands.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 11:54pm On Oct 28, 2023
Time55:
Well understood bro, what am trying to figure here is a case whereby someone as a vv already but still yet to travel and still have an admission offer as well. What are the things to be done in this kind of scenario

My advise would be to put a hold on travel plans and face the student route if you have the long term plan of relocating or if you are patient, explore the permanent resident route. It is not feasible as people think getting a job here with visit visa or converting to LMIA. I have some friends who we schooled here together still throwing CVs for a job. Every dollar here count and wont be nice travelling and every penny vanishes on rent and running cost.

If you decide on student route, research very well on the province and their immigration opportunities. You can start with Alberta and the Atlantic province i.e Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI, Newfound land if these meets your needs so you can save cost.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MmJam: 4:25am On Oct 29, 2023
HonWise:
I sent you a message byt no response, one room left and about to be taken as well

Hello @Honwise, just got my student visa approved, will be coming to Niagara college, Ontario in Dec/Jan 2024 pls help me me out, I need to get good accommodation (near Niagara on the lake campus) at a fair price. You can email, mikkyj417@gmail.com.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oluwaloniglory7: 6:53am On Oct 29, 2023
Hello house asking this question for a friend!!!!

What if one name on VFS biometrics appointment letter is not correct but the surname is correct is that post any issue?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gbolonzoe: 9:39am On Oct 29, 2023
Kennyg290:

I have asked same question before on this platform and was told that it will take 3 months or more. Although some have theirs within that frame so nothing no fit happen.
thanks for the response
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gbolonzoe: 9:48am On Oct 29, 2023
Teeeteee130:

Good morning boss and thanks for that comprehensive explanation.

Please I will like to know what documents I need to apply visiting visa for my wife?

I'm an international student in Canada but her SOWP application was refused.
oh sorry about the refusal , can you share the reason why her sowp was refused and have you applied for visit visa now?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Time55: 10:03am On Oct 29, 2023
Thanks so much for the time spared to throw more light. Well appreciated

olasubomy:

My advise would be to put a hold on travel plans and face the student route if you have the long term plan of relocating or if you are patient, explore the permanent resident route. It is not feasible as people think getting a job here with visit visa or converting to LMIA. I have some friends who we schooled here together still throwing CVs for a job. Every dollar here count and wont be nice travelling and every penny vanishes on rent and running cost.

If you decide on student route, research very well on the province and their immigration opportunities. You can start with Alberta and the Atlantic province i.e Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI, Newfound land if these meets your needs so you can save cost.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tifelola(f): 11:22am On Oct 29, 2023
Oluwaloniglory7:

Hello house asking this question for a friend!!!!

What if one name on VFS biometrics appointment letter is not correct but the surname is correct is that post any issue?

I don't think so cos there was a mistake in my first name tho surname was correct but still did my biometrics..no questions asked at all

(1) (2) (3) ... (957) (958) (959) (960) (961) (962) (963) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Clapaudan, proff010, lanresz(m), Lyoncrescent, donteebalo(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.