Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Some Google Search Tips - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Some Google Search Tips (1090 Views)

How To Hack CCTV Using Google Search Engine / Funny Nigeria Keywords On Google Search / Search Tips On Windows 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Google Search Tips by my2cents(m): 6:27pm On Aug 18, 2006
Some of you may already know this, but for those of you like me (up until 5 hrs ago anyway wink) who don't, here are a couple of google search tips that I just found out about.

To search for the definition of a word, type "define: <word you want defined>" in the search box

To get the reviews for a movie, type "movie: <movie you want info on>" in the search box

I hope this helps those to which this applies to become better googlers grin
Re: Some Google Search Tips by zogo(m): 12:28pm On Aug 31, 2006
Nice for sharing the knowledge my2cents. thats the spirit of nairaland (sharing n learning)
I hav to say the system was marvelous as when i trired it, it took me straight to the google page that gave
me the exert defenition of the word i needed know the maening.

Good discovery 2cents!
Re: Some Google Search Tips by gdi(m): 2:54pm On Sep 01, 2006
also try adding filetype:pdf and it will give you results of your search term which will only be pdf files. it works for other filetypes too except for zip.
e.g
"3d modeling" filetype:pdf and see what you would get. wink
Re: Some Google Search Tips by hayprof(m): 10:16pm On Sep 01, 2006
Any Google search tip for java games?
Re: Some Google Search Tips by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 05, 2006
Hey y'all
I knew of the define one, but I didn't know of the movie or the filetype

I use the define alot in school

Thanks anyway

Tayo

(1) (Reply)

Computer Shuts Down Abnormally / "ntldr Is Missing" Press Alt+ctrl+delete To Restart / Microsoft Waits For Death Of Internet Explorer 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.