Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,675 members, 7,820,370 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

How To Cook Snails - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Cook Snails (1990 Views)

This Season(20% off ) MOBOJHUB Affordable Big Live Snails! / Frozen Snails For Sale. / Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Cook Snails by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
Am curious here, I know snails are considered prestigious in the Western culture, and are a normal delicasy in the East. Am curious as to how Africans make snail dishes...
Re: How To Cook Snails by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 21, 2015
I once saw the big slug being prepared on Tv. It was cut in wobbly slices, which when dipped in boilin water suddenly became round, firm circular white rings.
Re: How To Cook Snails by LaRoyalHighness(f): 6:57pm On Jan 23, 2015
Moi, I wash my snails thoroughly with salt and water.... Daz all.

I love snails in soup... I throw them inside about the time I put periwinkle allow to boil for a while .... Daz all.
Re: How To Cook Snails by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 23, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
Moi, I wash my snails thoroughly with salt and water.... Daz all.

I love snails in soup... I throw them inside about the time I put periwinkle allow to boil for a while .... Daz all.
Sounds like an interesting dish,
Re: How To Cook Snails by dorofine(f): 2:08pm On Jan 25, 2015
1)Wash the snails with alum, later wash with salt and rinse with water

2)roughly blend the pepper (tomatoes,rodo,and onion)

3)pour vegetable oil in the pot and fry the washed snails for some minutes, add pepper, maggi, and salt. Fry all together until it's done.

4)you can eat as snacks
Re: How To Cook Snails by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 25, 2015
dorofine:
1)Wash the snails with alum, later wash with salt and rinse with water

2)roughly blend the pepper (tomatoes,rodo,and onion)

3)pour vegetable oil in the pot and fry the washed snails for some minutes, add pepper, maggi, and salt. Fry all together until it's done.

4)you can eat as snacks
Wow, I wish we had photos.

(1) (Reply)

Please Watchout For This Dangerous "Kind" Of Drink / Learn New Baking Skills...whatsapp Group / What Food Are You Sick Of:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.