Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Integration Of The 'yoruba Speaking Part Of Benin Republic' Into Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Integration Of The 'yoruba Speaking Part Of Benin Republic' Into Nigeria (1277 Views)

Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria / SE/SS Govs Agree On Integration Of Old Eastern/midwestern Region / Unity And Integration Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Integration Of The 'yoruba Speaking Part Of Benin Republic' Into Nigeria by RibaduFan(m): 12:39pm On Dec 22, 2008
What do u think?
Re: Integration Of The 'yoruba Speaking Part Of Benin Republic' Into Nigeria by Muza(m): 12:50pm On Dec 22, 2008
good luck! grin
Re: Integration Of The 'yoruba Speaking Part Of Benin Republic' Into Nigeria by NegroNtns(m): 12:57pm On Dec 22, 2008
Yemmyse,

What do you think

Does bringing Benin into the equation resolve the current grievance you have or does it multiply it?
Re: Integration Of The 'yoruba Speaking Part Of Benin Republic' Into Nigeria by tpia: 4:21pm On Dec 22, 2008
they're trying to plan for expansion since most of them are busy yelling for the breakup of nigeria.

They know the risks associated with it so they want a bigger "Yoruba" empire.

The daft gene peculiar to many Naijas.

you people have forgotten your history.
Re: Integration Of The 'yoruba Speaking Part Of Benin Republic' Into Nigeria by RibaduFan(m): 7:34pm On Dec 22, 2008
Nkon eni ki di pupo ka ma binu.

U dont get offended becos ur property has multiplied
Re: Integration Of The 'yoruba Speaking Part Of Benin Republic' Into Nigeria by tpia: 7:41pm On Dec 22, 2008
Re: Integration Of The 'yoruba Speaking Part Of Benin Republic' Into Nigeria by RibaduFan(m): 10:57pm On Dec 22, 2008
Tpia

Headcut is not the solution for an headache

Ori gige ko logun ori fifo
Re: Integration Of The 'yoruba Speaking Part Of Benin Republic' Into Nigeria by tpia: 11:01pm On Dec 22, 2008
Re: Integration Of The 'yoruba Speaking Part Of Benin Republic' Into Nigeria by RibaduFan(m): 11:08pm On Dec 22, 2008
Tpia

Of course am sober. It's a monday for christ sake, wait till friday. I wont say becos am done with all my official duties for the year, i would go on a drinking round. Aba.

A o le sope aye daye oladu ka wa ma fi oju egbo tele.

we wont say because the world has gone techy, we start walking barefooted on a sore foot.
Re: Integration Of The 'yoruba Speaking Part Of Benin Republic' Into Nigeria by tpia: 11:09pm On Dec 22, 2008
Re: Integration Of The 'yoruba Speaking Part Of Benin Republic' Into Nigeria by RibaduFan(m): 11:15pm On Dec 22, 2008
There proper interpretation for every Yoruba word have uttered tonite. Am just trying to get people's attention and see if i can make them appreciate the beautify of our culture.

I dont do drugs and am very lucid and sane.

By the way Olopa ewo ni tepe, kila gbe ki leju

Police why go ballistic, what have i stolen. What have u assaulted me with.
Re: Integration Of The 'yoruba Speaking Part Of Benin Republic' Into Nigeria by auwal87(m): 11:44pm On Dec 22, 2008
It may be better for you, except in the case that their official language is french, but I think Yoruba people are the majority there, so it is far better there for the Yoruba people.
Re: Integration Of The 'yoruba Speaking Part Of Benin Republic' Into Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 7:53am On Dec 23, 2008
the dahomey empire wasn't the best of buddies with Oyo or Abeokuta. anglophone and francophone african countries don't seem to mesh. there's nothing to gain from this.
Re: Integration Of The 'yoruba Speaking Part Of Benin Republic' Into Nigeria by landis(m): 8:55am On Dec 23, 2008
yemmyse:

What do u think?

A very good idea but rather YORUBA should establish 'Yoruba Council' not only in Benin but Brazil, Cuba, Salvador, Senegal.

The 'Yoruba Council' should be set-up in those countries to encourage:

1. Speaking of Original Yoruba Language

2. Cultural Intergration

3. Exchange of Students.
Re: Integration Of The 'yoruba Speaking Part Of Benin Republic' Into Nigeria by FBS: 10:01am On Dec 23, 2008
Yoruba, oh Yoruba, what a language. I'm loving it.
But about this Benin stuff?
Re: Integration Of The 'yoruba Speaking Part Of Benin Republic' Into Nigeria by PeeDaVinci: 10:07am On Dec 23, 2008
may be we should expand your theory to integration of hausa speaking people in chad, niger, benin , togo and ghana into nigeria, integration of the ibibio speaking people of cameroon into nigeria, integration of nupe speaking pple of benin into nigeria , so that we can havea very big problem at the end of the day that will finally lead to the collapse of nigeria - or what do you think too
Re: Integration Of The 'yoruba Speaking Part Of Benin Republic' Into Nigeria by landis(m): 10:31am On Dec 23, 2008
PeeDaVinci:

may be we should expand your theory to integration of hausa speaking people in chad, niger, benin , togo and ghana into nigeria, integration of the ibibio speaking people of cameroon into nigeria, integration of nupe speaking people of benin into nigeria , so that we can havea very big problem at the end of the day that will finally lead to the collapse of nigeria - or what do you think too

you missed the whole point. speaking a language does not 'really' make you orginal people if you dont belong.

these speak hausa in Jos but dont like hausas.

In Benin, Brazil, Cuba cases, they are YORUBAs in everything.

It makes sense to integrate them with us(YORUBA) but not into that country called NIGERIA.
Re: Integration Of The 'yoruba Speaking Part Of Benin Republic' Into Nigeria by Vickade(m): 11:11am On Dec 23, 2008
who will facilitate the deal? who will spearhead the team? yaradua or u? yemmyse, hope ure not runnin out of ideas. grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Governor Mamman Ali Of Yobe State Is Dead / Man Jailed 30 Years Over Fake Naira / 500 Massob Members Grace Igbo Day Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.