Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Patron Of Matrimony Shortlisted For ACT Award - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Patron Of Matrimony Shortlisted For ACT Award (1429 Views)

Etisalat Announces Three Shortlisted For Lietary Prize / Chimamanda Adichie Shortlisted For IMPAC Dublin Prize / unHOLY MATRIMONY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patron Of Matrimony Shortlisted For ACT Award by OMA4U(m): 1:42am On Jan 21, 2015
THE 2014 Award SHORTLIST (January 20, 2015) Our judges have whittled the longlist down to a shortlist of
five incredible stories. Congratulations to the shortlisted writers:

Caleb Adebayo for ‘Bits and Pieces’

Hajara Hussaini Ashara for ‘The Illusionist’

Hymar David for ‘No Fireflies in the Rain’

Imade Iyamu for ‘What you Saw in the Mirror’

Dam Michael for ‘Patron of Matrimony’

THE 2014 AWARD LONGLIST
(January 10, 2015)

13 is a lucky number!! Thank you to all the writers who
answered the call. Our judges were impressed by the quality of many of the stories. We are delighted to reveal the longlist of 13:

“The Illusionist” by Hussaini Ashara.

“London Wife” by Matuluko

“I believe that One Day it Would Happen” by Francis Ugochukwu Maduako,

“What you Saw in the Mirror” by Imade Iyamu,

“Telling My Own Stories” by Ovuoda David Nkwuda,

“Memories of the Past” by Miracle Adebayo,

“Being a Man” by Opeyemi Salau

“Bits and Pieces” by Caleb Adebayo

“Little Mum” by JB Mairubutu

“Patron of Matrimony” by Dam Michael

“It Happened” by Charles Opara

“In Afikpo” by Chioma Ibiam

“No Fireflies in the Rain” by Hymar David,

The winner will be announced by February.
Re: Patron Of Matrimony Shortlisted For ACT Award by OMA4U(m): 1:45am On Jan 21, 2015
I show my sincere gratitude to those who read the story first and and as well edited it. They also encouraged me, Larrysun and Texanomaly. God bless you, Sir and Ma.

Thank you all Nairaland writers.

1 Like

Re: Patron Of Matrimony Shortlisted For ACT Award by waleadex(m): 1:59am On Jan 21, 2015
splendid...
Re: Patron Of Matrimony Shortlisted For ACT Award by texanomaly(f): 3:43am On Jan 21, 2015
What is the ACT award?

(1) (Reply)

Bleeding Words (A Short Writing) / Get A Logo For As Low As 2,000!!! / I Am Bobolaiyefa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.