Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

How To Get A User IP Address With Javascript - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Get A User IP Address With Javascript (2374 Views)

How To Calculate Total Time A User Spent On My Site / How To Change IP Address On Android Device / Building A Word Scramble Game With Javascript (text Based) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get A User IP Address With Javascript by bamoza(m): 6:12am On Jan 21, 2015
Hello, please I need your help,

I am building an app, and I would be needing the user's location to query my database to return data valid for their region/city in Nigeria, but I noticed that some ISP don't support Geolocation, meaning if i check for the user's location via html5 geolocation, it returns `location information not found`, so I am thinking of using their IP address, this should be relatively easy with PHP, but am using MEAN Stack, so would like if anybody know how to get with javascript or best, if you have any other option to gt user's location aside Ip address and html5 geolocation

Thanks
Re: How To Get A User IP Address With Javascript by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 21, 2015
If you eliminate ip and geolocation, i no sabi wetin remain again o!
Re: How To Get A User IP Address With Javascript by bamoza(m): 10:51am On Jan 21, 2015
dhtml18:
If you eliminate ip and geolocation, i no sabi wetin remain again o!

Boss I didn't eliminate it oh,

would appreciate your suggestion, especially by IP address
Re: How To Get A User IP Address With Javascript by guru01(m): 3:41pm On Jan 21, 2015
php support geolocation, also you can google for iplocation plugin.
Re: How To Get A User IP Address With Javascript by bamoza(m): 4:18pm On Jan 21, 2015
guru01:
php support geolocation, also you can google for iplocation plugin.
am using JavaScript only no php
so need a way to do it from the client and via javascript
Re: How To Get A User IP Address With Javascript by guru01(m): 10:53pm On Jan 21, 2015
check out this link www.telize.com/
i have used their service in one of my project.

1 Like

Re: How To Get A User IP Address With Javascript by bamoza(m): 8:02am On Jan 22, 2015
Thanks guys, would try them out soon and give you guys feedback
Re: How To Get A User IP Address With Javascript by Dameety: 4:25pm On Jan 23, 2015
Thank God for the google brothers, here try this briancray.com/posts/find-web-visitors-location-javascript-google-api/
Re: How To Get A User IP Address With Javascript by bamoza(m): 12:04pm On Jan 24, 2015
Dameety:
Thank God for the google brothers, here try this briancray.com/posts/find-web-visitors-location-javascript-google-api/

Google doesn't support it anymore
Re: How To Get A User IP Address With Javascript by guru01(m): 1:16pm On Jan 24, 2015
have you tried mine?
Re: How To Get A User IP Address With Javascript by bamoza(m): 9:29am On Jan 31, 2015
guru01:
have you tried mine?

sorry for my late response, have been offline,
your worked, though I found out a way to do it from backend,

Thanks,
Re: How To Get A User IP Address With Javascript by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 31, 2015
Congrats bro, i have even forgotten this thread exists sef. Mind sharing how you did it?
Re: How To Get A User IP Address With Javascript by guru01(m): 4:55pm On Jan 31, 2015
Seems like I wasted my data.
Re: How To Get A User IP Address With Javascript by bamoza(m): 3:02am On Feb 01, 2015
guru01:
Seems like I wasted my data.
I really don't get what you mean by this, but if na me cause am, abeg no vex

1 Like

Re: How To Get A User IP Address With Javascript by bamoza(m): 3:05am On Feb 01, 2015
dhtml18:
Congrats bro, i have even forgotten this thread exists sef. Mind sharing how you did it?

use this module, geoip-lite

much like what guru01 said, but this time the call is done in the backend, and more detailed values are returned
Re: How To Get A User IP Address With Javascript by MrFlexible(m): 10:52pm On Feb 01, 2015
bamoza:

much like what guru01 said, but this time the call is done in the backend, and more detailed values are returned

dude am interested too. what do you mean by its done in the back end
Re: How To Get A User IP Address With Javascript by guru01(m): 7:21am On Feb 02, 2015
bamoza:

Their are much other solutions out their which you can try, also opt-in for a paid solution.
I think their is one they call max mind..

(1) (Reply)

Programming Turns 70 / What No One Tells You About Coding In Python: Eye-opening! / Microsoft Access And Excel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.