Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Soldiers Intercept 3,600 Ballotboxes In Ogun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Intercept 3,600 Ballotboxes In Ogun (696 Views)

Police intercept dynamite, detonators as militants attempts to bomb 3rd mainland / Soldiers Intercept Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno, Kill 2 Terrorists (Pics) / Troops Intercept Maiduguri Bomber (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Intercept 3,600 Ballotboxes In Ogun by Amastermovic(m): 7:02am On Jan 21, 2015
THREE thousand, six hundred
ballot boxes were intercepted by
soldiers in Ogun State
yesterday.
The soldiers who were from the 35 Artillery
Brigade, Alamala, Abeokuta intercepted the
truck fully loaded with the boxes at a spot
near Odogbolu on the Ijebu-Ode/Benin
expressway.
They were on a routine “stop and search”
assignment when they arrested the driver
and three other suspects who told them
(soldiers) that an Independent National
Electoral Commission (INEC) contractor
asked them to convey the boxes to Akwa
Ibom.
However, not satisfied with the explanation,
the soldiers handed them over to the State
Police Command.
When contacted, the Command’s
spokesman, Mr. Muyiwa Adejobi (ASP)
confirmed the story, disclosing that the
incident happened at 8 a.m.
Adejobi told journalists, “When they
(soldiers) could not ascertain the
authenticity of the ballot boxes, they
handed the suspects over to the police at
Ijebu Ode area command. Police thereafter
commenced investigation into the matter.”
His words “As I speak with you, we have the
3,600 ballot boxes belonging to INEC of the
Federal Republic of Nigeria.”
“Information we have about the
consignment as I am talking with you now
is that some INEC officials have called to
confirm that the consignment belongs to
INEC and that the ballot boxes are meant to
be delivered at INEC office in Akwa Ibom
State,” he added.
Adejobi stated, “We want to think without
mincing words for now that we cannot call
the ballot boxes fake or illegal ones.”
He disclosed, “The INEC official that spoke
with the police said the contractor who is to
deliver the item will come to the police to
deliver the relevant documents to clarify
this. So, the items are still with us at this
command; we are waiting for the necessary
documents to ascertain the claims of INEC
or the so-called agent.”
“Don’t let us say that we have recovered
illegal ballot boxes. It is too early for us to
jump into any conclusion now, but the
information we have with us for now is that
they are INEC properties. But we are still
waiting for necessary documents to clarify
this,” Adejobi affirmed.
“However, if they cannot produce the
document to convince the police that these
are genuine INEC items and ballot boxes,
we are going to do what we should do. But
for now, the matter is still fresh to jump
into conclusion.”
Source :The Guardian
Re: Soldiers Intercept 3,600 Ballotboxes In Ogun by eunisam: 7:12am On Jan 21, 2015
obj. Is this how to rigg the election for apiicii? E no go work.
Re: Soldiers Intercept 3,600 Ballotboxes In Ogun by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 21, 2015
eunisam:

relax

it could be genuine
Re: Soldiers Intercept 3,600 Ballotboxes In Ogun by BokoHaramm: 7:31am On Jan 21, 2015
God help us from this APC beast.
Re: Soldiers Intercept 3,600 Ballotboxes In Ogun by Amastermovic(m): 7:41am On Jan 21, 2015
BokoHaramm:

GOD ABEG HLP US FRM DIS PDP OF A MONKEY PPLE
Re: Soldiers Intercept 3,600 Ballotboxes In Ogun by Bifwoli: 7:52am On Jan 21, 2015
Gosh, words like soldiers and Buhari don't mesh well with elections.I'm tempted to think of coup no matter how remotely removed from today's reality it is.
Re: Soldiers Intercept 3,600 Ballotboxes In Ogun by gists: 7:58am On Jan 21, 2015
eunisam:
BokoHaramm:

See olodos like their clueless president. The boxes were intercepted on their way to Akwa Ibom state. Is OBJ going to rig election in Akwa Ibom? Is Akwa Ibom not a PDP controlled state? PDP and their TANoid are just illitrates that can't read simple texts in english language

They were on a routine “stop and search” assignment when they arrested the driver and three other suspects who told them
(soldiers) that an Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) contractor asked them to convey the boxes to Akwa Ibom.

:
:
:
“Information we have about the consignment as I am talking with you now is that some INEC officials have called to confirm that the consignment belongs to INEC and that the ballot boxes are meant to be delivered at INEC office in Akwa Ibom State,” he added.
Re: Soldiers Intercept 3,600 Ballotboxes In Ogun by clevvermind(m): 8:00am On Jan 21, 2015
which party could be responsible?
Re: Soldiers Intercept 3,600 Ballotboxes In Ogun by ayukdaboss(m): 8:23am On Jan 21, 2015
gists:

See olodos like their clueless president. The boxes were intercepted on their way to Akwa Ibom state. Is OBJ going to rig election in Akwa Ibom? Is Akwa Ibom not a PDP controlled state? PDP and their TANoid are just illitrates that can't read simple texts in english language

Don't mind the mofos..They get erecti0ns anytime they hear Buhari or APC. It's really pathetic. I suspect Akpabio is about doing what he knows best for his man..Rigging of elections
Re: Soldiers Intercept 3,600 Ballotboxes In Ogun by tomakint: 8:53am On Jan 21, 2015
This is what I don't like, the movie is just about to commence why this now........Feb. 14, oh come quickly.

(1) (Reply)

My Secondary School Will Provide Its Copy Of My Certificate To The Public -GMB / Buhari Will Lose Again / Jonathan Will Lose This Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.