Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos (46547 Views)

Man Burnt To Death At Alaba Rago Park For Stealing Phone - Pictures / Man Beheads A Woman In A Park In Aba (Photo) / Prostitute Stabbed To Death In Her Lagos Hotel Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by chimere66: 7:24am On Jan 21, 2015
Some yet-to-be identified persons on Monday caused confusion on Idowu Taylor Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, after they stabbed a sex worker to death in a car park in the area.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the lady, identified simply as Joy, was discovered in a pool of blood with stab wounds at about 5.30am.

Our correspondent gathered that Joy hailed from Delta State. The 25-year-old, who residents said was also a commercial sex worker, reportedly had two kids– a girl and a boy.

It was learnt that Joy, who had sent her daughter to stay with a relative in Port Harcourt, went to the park with her three-year-old boy on Sunday night when she was believed to have been stabbed to death.

When PUNCH Metro visited the area, it was gathered that policemen from the Victoria Island Police Division came at about 11.30am on Monday and took the corpse away.

Our correspondent observed blood stains at the spot where Joy was killed, as they were being cleaned off by security officials.

The car park, it was learnt, is used by employees of commercial banks and other organisations on the street.

A resident, Mr. Afeez Ibrahim, told PUNCH Metro that although Joy was a sex worker, most people on the street liked her and had assisted her in the past so that she could leave the job.

Ibrahim said he suspected that Joy’s killers might have had an intention to rob her, during which they killed her when she resisted them.

He said, “Joy is a well known woman on this street. We all liked her except for the work she did. She called herself a street hustler who needed to take care of her children. She is Urhobo. On Sunday evening, she was still seen around the car park.

“We were shocked when we woke on Monday morning to find her corpse with knife injuries. Her attackers stabbed her twice on the back. She was found in a pool of blood.”

A worker in the area, who begged for anonymity, told our correspondent that Idowu Taylor Street and neighbouring Adeyemo Alakija Street were a hub of commercial sex workers.

The worker added that Joy’s little boy, identified simply as Emmanuel, said he saw some men in black around his mother.

He said, “The police have tried to stop the commercial sex workers by raiding the streets a number of times. But when they raid, they later release them. When you come in the evening, you will see the ladies hanging around the parks.

“The boy is just about three years old. He was sleeping some metres away from his mother. When the people tried to find out what happened from the boy, he simply said he saw some men in black around his mother. I feel the boy was actually asleep and might not have seen the assailants clearly enough.”

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed the incident. He added that the police were investigating to apprehend the killers.

He said, “A policeman from Victoria Island, who saw the corpse, went back to the division to report and the body was taken away. There were stab wounds on the head and in the back. The body is now at a morgue and an autopsy will also be conducted. Investigation is ongoing on the matter.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/sex-worker-killed-in-lagos-car-park/

Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by Allureoftheseas(m): 7:39am On Jan 21, 2015
One way ticket to the land of the dead.
Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by DaBullIT(m): 7:53am On Jan 21, 2015
RIP.

Hope they catch whoever did it

Prostitution is the oldest hustle. Reflects in the bible and Quran stories. What we call morally wrong has its roots in our collective origin

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 21, 2015
so prostitute self na celebrity? POPULAR PROSTITUTE

12 Likes

Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by boneruns(m): 8:23am On Jan 21, 2015
OP you can lie. The deceased was not a prostitute, neither was she stabbed. I saw her corpse, my office is adjacent to the scene, looking through the the window of my office I saw her corpse even when the Police came to pick up her carcass at noon. There was no pool of blood at the scene.

She was popular along that area, she used to sleep on the street with her two little kids. She didn't look like a prostitute, I'm guessing she beg to sustain her kids. One of her kid was still missing as at Monday morning. Her little son didn't even know what was happening because she just sat on the ground confused.

I noticed something that day: one of the people that carried her corpse with gloves, removed her glove and dropped on the floor without properly disposing it. I was so pissed seeing such. God help us

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by derrick333(m): 8:31am On Jan 21, 2015
boneruns:
OP you can lie. The deceased was not a prostitute, neither was she stabbed. I saw her corpse, my office is adjacent to the scene, looking through the the window of my office I saw her corpse even when the Police came to pick up her carcass at noon. There was no pool of blood at the scene.

She was popular along that area, she used to sleep on the street with her two little kids. She didn't look like a prostitute, I'm guessing she beg to sustain her kids. One of her kid was still missing as at Monday morning. Her little son didn't even know what was happening because she just sat on the ground confused.

I noticed something that day: one of the people that carried her corpse with gloves, removed her glove and dropped on the floor without properly disposing it. I was so pissed seeing such. God help us
Busted ! smiley

16 Likes

Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by efepro(m): 8:35am On Jan 21, 2015
Popular in......? Nigeria or Idowu Taylor?
Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by efepro(m): 8:37am On Jan 21, 2015
Source or photo evidence..
Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by iykepromotions: 8:39am On Jan 21, 2015
what a tragic way to die
Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by MalcoImX: 8:41am On Jan 21, 2015
Touching! Nigeria killing her children. RIP Joy. You'll enter paradise while your killers will be in hell.

2 Likes

Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by MalcoImX: 8:47am On Jan 21, 2015
efepro:
Popular in......? Nigeria or Idowu Taylor?
Popular as a soul trying to live and provide for her children in an uncaring economy.

4 Likes

Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by chimere66: 8:52am On Jan 21, 2015
efepro:
Source or photo evidence..
.The source is there.Other sources like Punch,Ynaija etc have the same news.The pic of the prostitute was not shown but the scene of the stabbing is attached to the news
Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by bewla(m): 8:59am On Jan 21, 2015
blood sucking nation

1 Like

Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by slimpoppa(m): 8:59am On Jan 21, 2015
RIP
Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 21, 2015
@Popular Prostitute

grin

Sarcasm
Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by 1shortblackboy: 9:00am On Jan 21, 2015
popular prostitute ? wat made her popular ? her services were of renowned quality?

6 Likes

Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by magabounce(m): 9:00am On Jan 21, 2015
Husle na husle......
Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by Nutase: 9:01am On Jan 21, 2015
How is dis news?
Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 21, 2015
Judgment day has come.
Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 21, 2015
SAI BUHARI

10 Likes

Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by holatin(m): 9:02am On Jan 21, 2015
bad way to die
to die at work and by knife.

rip to her.
This life sha. I just pity the innocent children she left. May your soul rest in peace ooo

3 Likes

Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by ashewopeckas(f): 9:03am On Jan 21, 2015
Whattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt?
We will go on strike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by omanifrank(m): 9:03am On Jan 21, 2015
Will the news make my blog get above 10k traffic instead of the normal 8k now daily.

Rip
Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by okestev: 9:03am On Jan 21, 2015
May the Lord console her family and take care of her children. RIP..
Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by ichidodo: 9:03am On Jan 21, 2015
Bast.ards..We'd strangle the killers with our bare teeth if we had the chance....
Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by UltimatePals: 9:04am On Jan 21, 2015
Eehyaa
Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by teemanbastos(m): 9:04am On Jan 21, 2015
The End of life is not the end.
Live dis life badly, regrets wud be d order@d oda life.
Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by diasporaman(m): 9:04am On Jan 21, 2015
The end of a life without purpose.
Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 21, 2015
Y'all condemning her. But tell me, what makes you think you are better than her?

Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by Tonniey(m): 9:05am On Jan 21, 2015
PROSTITUTION: The oldest and least endangered occupation.

RIP to the dead.
Re: Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos by kwencypresh(f): 9:05am On Jan 21, 2015
So sad
I pity her kids

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Woman Burns Her Husband's Joystick Over Infidelity (Graphic Photo) / Wicked Boys In Abia Desecrate Young Girl And Video Taped It. / 4 Notorious Armed Robbers In Igando Terrorising Residents In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.