Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,899 members, 7,821,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Something Is Wrong With Africa? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Something Is Wrong With Africa? (543 Views)

This Pic Sums Up The Fundamental Problem With Africa - Cramjones (photo) / What Is Wrong With Africa? / What Is Wrong With This Picture Of Ribadu And Jonathan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Something Is Wrong With Africa? by Mc4larin: 9:14am On Jan 21, 2015
Something is wrong with Africa? Think!!! No offence but something must be wrong with Africa and Africans..

Cote d’ Ivoire sells off Cocoa and then imports Chocolate

Sierra Leone sells off Diamond and then imports Jewellery,

Even Nigeria, we sell off Crude oil and imports petrol!
That's why Africa is a dumping ground...

We barely produce, we just consume!

My generation has knowledge and technology in our palms but keeps using it wrongly, except for entertainment and trending hashtags of gossips.

The current boom in entertainment is good but a threat to a society of strong ethics and value that yields tangible success!

Entertainment is not a sustaining model in economics; no serious society grows a great nation from it. Logically, there can only be 1 Wizkid, Linda Ikeji and Genevieve in 1 million. And that's assuming you have the talent and great work ethics that they have.

Stop the pursuits of just El dorado and glamour. Turn off your internet and data if you don't know what to do with it!

Turn off TV, put in work. And someone will turn on his TV to watch you!

In today’s world, thanks to media, “Entertainment, Sexy Looks are more valuable than brains & principles”.

And that’s why more Nigerians on DSTV subscribe more to MTV than Bloomberg, with more Soundcity than CNBC, more OnTV than CNN
You are what you value. Average people going NOWHERE value entertainment, great people growing RICH value education.

The America you "wannaBe" was built by great young men like Ford, Carnegie, Abraham Lincoln, Rockefeller etc . Only later, it became the entertainment capital of the world with trillions of dollars in debt. China is the industrial capital of the world with the fastest growing economy.

My dear, get your priorities right!

If we are not getting better, then we are getting worse!

Keep learning

3 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong With Africa? by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 21, 2015
True story
Re: Something Is Wrong With Africa? by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 21, 2015
Mc4larin:
And that’s why more Nigerians on DSTV subscribe more to MTV than Bloomberg, with more Soundcity than CNBC, more OnTV than CNN. You are what you value. Average people going NOWHERE value entertainment, great people growing RICH value education

You need a strong reason to watch the news daily. Alot of Nigerian graduates have no reason to study the news because it affects their lives indirectly apart from petrol pump price(s).

I learned to watch the news diligently after studying abroad because as a future enterprenour, I know world happenings would affect my online business and have to create measures to cushion the challenges presented.

Besides, with the harsh government conditions and struggle to make ends meet, even I would prefer to watch entertainment channels as relaxation than bland news which mostly require deep thought and sometimes a strong stomach when filled with images of worldwide conflict.
Re: Something Is Wrong With Africa? by asala1: 11:42am On Jan 21, 2015
The truth is that Africa has a long way to go and most Africans don't know it. The average African is inferior, wasteful, greedy, selfish and above all suffers from mediocrity. An average Nigerian does not even know what it means to live, all they do is to compare themselves with their more wretched neighbours. How do you want to help someone who doesn't even know he/she has a problem? Africans in Africa need serious re-orientation.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Northern Group Seeks ICC Prosecution Of Buhari Over 2011 Election Violence / My 100 Days Covenant With Nigerians – Muhammadu Buhari / SOMEBODY TELL GEJ THAT REFUSAL TO JAIL LOOTERS IS AN IMPEACHABLE OFFENCE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.