Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help (25897 Views)

How Can I Confirm If A Car Is Not Stolen Before Purchase / Stolen Car At Shoprite With The Photo Of The Thief. / Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by ShirelleBaby: 9:02am On Jan 22, 2015
LegatusGlaber:

Avalon 2014? The car is almost impossible to steal.

oh well, they must be following him from the village.

My dear,the thing shock us
They carry am clean and clear.

He has tipped police close to 100k to make them look for the car seriously

It is a month plus today yet no report of the car.

God will help the OP--his story won't be same.

1 Like

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by LegatusGlaber(m): 9:04am On Jan 22, 2015
ShirelleBaby:

I drive an Avalon 2006, limited edition. I can confidently say no one can steal it except at gun point.

1 Like

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:04am On Jan 22, 2015
People need extra security measures on this 2000 Camry, its the most stolen brand of car. I'll advice people not to go for it as much as possible if you leave in RED areas.

Heard the reason its the most stolen is because the engine is used in building speedboats

1 Like

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by LegatusGlaber(m): 9:04am On Jan 22, 2015
ShirelleBaby:

I am really suprised. I drive an Avalon 2006, limited edition. I can confidently say no one can steal it except at gun point.

2 Likes

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 22, 2015
ShirelleBaby:

Car that wasn't even up to 2weeks--he bought it to come and jolly for xmas.

It wasn't funny oh.
If u see the drama he displayed when he came out and cudnt find his car--he even picked bike to check maybe he forgot it @ home.

Aya they r everywhere o, na to buy car lock cos even the car tracker can be disabled.

1 Like

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by idu1(m): 9:11am On Jan 22, 2015
So sad....
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by eleko1: 9:11am On Jan 22, 2015
Ur car wasn't stolen,they borrow it.Be rest assured that they'll returned it back to U. Dnt trust dos car dealers,they probably followed U around with spare key.Report to Ogombo,Awoyaya/Ajah police Station and Monitor the car dealer closely.U'll recover Ur car,there shall be NO LOSS

1 Like

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 22, 2015
ayogabriel:
like my dad will say, never borrow money to buy car or things that can be setroyed within a twinkle of an eye. sorry bro

True word!!!

OP, I hope you find it soonest. I understand how helpless you feel. Things like this can be so weakening.
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by ShirelleBaby: 9:14am On Jan 22, 2015
LegatusGlaber:

I am really suprised. I drive an Avalon 2006, limited edition. I can confidently say no one can steal it except at gun point.

I don't know anything about cars.

But why are u that confident?
Is there internally security in the car?
If there is?
What cud have gone wrong?
Cud it be an insider job?
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 22, 2015
Model 2000 car in 2014. On credit.
Op sorry. Your car will be returned very soon.

1 Like

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 22, 2015
gevis:
Please Help!

I just got a tokunbor Lagos cleared Crystal light Toyota Camry in Nov 2014. I was just trying to save some cash to enable me insure and install a car tracker devise on the car but it was stolen.
On my way to Church at about 7:45am, i packed in a very busy street where other cars pack during the day and night. I did this because my house is very far from the bus stop and i had my family with me. I locked the car properly, took my key and joined the Church Bus which picks us up from this bus stop close to Awoyaya i.e after Ajah.
I returned from Church at about 11:45am only to find the car missing...I took a loan to buy this car because of my growing family size and this will be deducted from my salary for the next 9months..Please anyone with tangible information about this car should kindly call

Name: CRYSTAL LIGHT TOYOTA CAMRY
Color: GOLD
Model: 2000
Plate Number: JJJ494DF
Chasis Number: 4TIBG22K7YU9776
Engine Number: 4TISK2E7RU403346

OP.

You should have just bought a Pedal lock or steering lock of #1500 to secure your car ,while waiting for money to buy a car tracker; PeoPle call me old fashioned for using these manual tools, but ðεƔ have saved me from car thefts on all the caars I have used. A car thief is always in a hurry, and will be discouraged when he finds out the car he intends stealing has a manual security tool that might take him sometime to fiddle with.

12 Likes

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 22, 2015
ShirelleBaby:

If there is?

Pls you may not answer this question for security reasons

1 Like

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by Homguy(m): 9:31am On Jan 22, 2015
MrHardOn:
Model 2000 car in 2014. On credit.
Op sorry. Your car will be returned very soon.
what's your point? undecided

1 Like

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by ShirelleBaby: 9:32am On Jan 22, 2015
bengreat:

Pls you may not answer this question for security reasons

OKsmiley
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 22, 2015
eduwando:
I wonder why people can buy a car worth more than a million yet they can t spare as low aS 30 or 40k to install a tracker or any other kind of security on it,it happend to one of my friend last year when he bought end of discussion,I warned him to put a tracker but he kept postponing it till one evening when he came back from a wedding not knowing that those boys were waitin at his gate for as he drove in they asked him to come down,he thought they were joking till they brought out their gun,omo na so the ride take waka till date ooo,I did nt even say soryy to him cus I warned him,heaven helps those that helps themselves oooo
where did u get your own adage of heaven helping those that help themselves tarrr. don't say that again. from your post you have nothing to offer but saying trash. something got stolen and u talking about tracker don't be dumb dude.........

1 Like

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by diasporaman(m): 9:46am On Jan 22, 2015
It's simple, inform your pastor let him pray.i believe in miracle.
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by gajerian(m): 9:50am On Jan 22, 2015
eduwando:
I wonder why people can buy a car worth more than a million yet they can t spare as low aS 30 or 40k to install a tracker or any other kind of security on it,it happend to one of my friend last year when he bought end of discussion,I warned him to put a tracker but he kept postponing it till one evening when he came back from a wedding not knowing that those boys were waitin at his gate for as he drove in they asked him to come down,he thought they were joking till they brought out their gun,omo na so the ride take waka till date ooo,I did nt even say soryy to him cus I warned him,heaven helps those that helps themselves oooo

Rubbish Intelligence spent 40k to save 1m pls b wise
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by Boyooosa(m): 9:54am On Jan 22, 2015
Pishure! for sharp memory...
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by DaBullIT(m): 9:59am On Jan 22, 2015
[size=18pt]Everybody poses with their new car you should have the pictures and it should be online by now

Frsc needs a better database that's records and displays registration info on request

Police needs to have a network that'll be able to access suggestion above

Nobody steals Rover , a buddy of mine left a state to work in. Another, left his car at a mechanic shop for 1 month, thieves came broke the glass of DC, EOD and a few other cars took the dashboard with stereo /dvd players but didn't bother to break the rover's glass at all

My point

don't buy common cars if you can afford another type

Don't leave your vehicle unattended

Even if the sun is 100° don't roll down your glass not even 1 cm space

Check with vio someone could have towed the vehicle

Upload the pictures you'll be surprised how nationwide the branches of NL have grown

Pray hard and try to recollect if you've noticed someone trailing you [/size]

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 22, 2015
@op report your car missing at autoreg. that way if the thief tries to sell the car in Nigeria, it would be found during registration

@ ShirelleBaby I attached pictures of the 2014 Avalon. Did your cousin's car look like it? Forgive me cos I find it hard to believe this car can be stolen in a similar fashion. Except the thief stole the keys during the wedding reception and made away with the car

2 Likes

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by 989900: 10:04am On Jan 22, 2015
I know a man who bought same car, but never drove it until he installed a car tracker in it. #storyofourlives.
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by ShirelleBaby: 10:05am On Jan 22, 2015
noxide:
@op report your car missing at autoreg. that way if the thief tries to sell the car in Nigeria, it would be found during registration

@ ShirelleBaby I attached pictures of the 2014 Avalon. Did your Uncle's car look like it? Forgive me cos I find it hard to believe this car can be stolen in a similar fashion. Except the thief stole the keys during church service and made away with the car

This one looks finer than his own oh.
Or maybe it is a pix.
His own is black and the back aint sleeky like this.but the front which I am sure of is exactly the same.

Who knows how it was stolen.
We all came out to leave and cudnt see the car again.
He tot it probably left it @ home sef.

Pls can u tell me y?
I am really curious.
Does it have internal security.
Kus I really feel for him.
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 22, 2015
Homoguy. What biz do you have with my post.?. Is your car missing too. Why my comment.? .
I beg stand well. Ignored.
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by yassjib: 10:30am On Jan 22, 2015
By the special grace of Almighty Allah, you will find your car just keep hope alive and do not relent in searching.....good luck..!!
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by igahdavid(m): 10:54am On Jan 22, 2015
ShirelleBaby:

This one looks finer than his own oh.
Or maybe it is a pix.
His own is black and the back aint sleeky like this.but the front which I am sure of is exactly the same.

Who knows how it was stolen.
We all came out to leave and cudnt see the car again.
He tot it probably left it @ home sef.

Pls can u tell me y?
I am really curious.
Does it have internal security.
Kus I really feel for him.

Its impossible to steal a 2014 Toyota Avalon like that.
Maybe a 2004.
A 2014 Avalon cant be hotwired and cant be started with any other key but its own
The key has a security chip inside.

If the car was truly stolen the way you said, then its an inside job.
You should check with the dealer that sold the car or anyone that has driven the car cos
someone must have cloned the key prior to the theft itself

1 Like

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by ShirelleBaby: 10:58am On Jan 22, 2015
igahdavid:

Maybe a 2004.
A 2014 Avalon cant be hotwired and cant be started with any other key but its own

You should check with the dealer that sold the car or anyone that has driven the car cos

Woowww!
The police shud know this right?
Or is this discovery for gurus alone?

I always feared it was an INSIDE job--kus there were more expensive rides there!
Y his own.
Thanks.
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 22, 2015
chai
So bad, the Lord is your strength.
Just dec alone, I know of 3cases of stolen Toyota Camry in Aba.

If it were in Aba - I would have told you it's in different spare parts shop in Ala-oji by now but since it's Lagos, lets have faith.

When you get your car back - please insure....not 5k insurance. Original insurance...e.g Mansard Insurance.

igahdavid:

Maybe a 2004.

lols.
Cloning the key is understatement - the person cloned the chip join.
Because that's exactly how my car key is and I know the oversabi e dey do.
That was definitely an inside job.

The day I saw Camry 2000 car key, I knew that car security system is a joke.
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by LegatusGlaber(m): 11:05am On Jan 22, 2015
ShirelleBaby:

If there is?

The limited edition has keyless entry, thus you can't gain entrance without the remote. Also, of late, you have to show the remote to the start/stop push button for the car to start; perhaps the remote battery is weak.The keyless entry is a security on it's own and for someone to steal it, then the person must have been on your matter for a long while.

However, for the Op, that model of Toyota is welcoming to most keys and hence easy to steal.
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by gohzieh(m): 11:07am On Jan 22, 2015
ShirelleBaby:
Awwww-this is sooo sad.

It is well.

Pls be strong.

I do hope it will be found.

My cousin toyota avalon 2014 was stolen same way in a wedding reception last year december.till now we haven't seen it.
. You are not giving a brother HOPE. Cos I'm sure that ur cousin didn't post it here on NL. Pray for it to be seen since its posted here.
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by rollingpoint027(m): 11:15am On Jan 22, 2015
So sorry to hear abt ur missing car,my frnd bought same ride sumtimes last year....the worst part of his own case is dat he spent sum months to save up d cash and finally the car arrived on thursday,he quickly registered d car and received all documents on friday but d car was stolen on sunday right in front of his house.......my guy wan DIE!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Checkout The 9 Oldest Auto-makers In The World / This Kia Habaniro Car Uses Artificial Intelligence To Know When You Are Sad / Detergent Or Liquid Soap For Car Wash?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.