Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,923 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help (25898 Views)

How Can I Confirm If A Car Is Not Stolen Before Purchase / Stolen Car At Shoprite With The Photo Of The Thief. / Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by paramajit: 2:36pm On Jan 22, 2015
I drive a 2002 V6 Honda Accord and each time I park anywhere I go I do make sure d steering is locked by removing the key and turn d steering again till it hook.Most people remove d key and lock the door and that's not enought..just make sure d steering is hooked after removing d key.it's hard to unlock d steering with a sensor engine except with d key only.#buy car from trusted dealer #dont go to any car stand.I pray u recover ur car

3 Likes

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by eightsin(m): 2:44pm On Jan 22, 2015
This is just too funny. Lmfao. As in eh! The rush of blood to your brain and the confusion that follows would be unimaginable.

ogawisdom:
Op wat of d pic of d car. If u dnt ve d pic then u may b a careless person.

U parked a toyota camry miles away frm ur church bc other cars r there n jumped into church bus haba u dnt do dt camry is a hot cake here in Nigeria u shld ve known esp a clean one lik urs.

I pray u find ur car n b wiser next time

Upload d pic asap cool since u dnt even kw d colour

I kw hw u feel bc on 25 dec I went to church with my car n parked in d church car park with lots of security men but wen I came out after church I couldn't find my car for abt 2mins gosh I had fever immediately angry lol only to see my car is parked where I parked but covered by bus lol. It took two bottles of chilled big stout to reset my body temp to normal lol

I can't imagine losing my baby (car).

1 Like

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by Gemc3(f): 3:08pm On Jan 22, 2015
rezzy:

Make I tell you.
My husband left his car Key in the car when he got to work. He called the gate men to help him out. From the drivers'seat window, they drag down one rubber, put a stick inside and push down a button on the door hand, all the doors opened. Omo, my husband fear e head.

shockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshocked

1 Like

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 22, 2015
duduhemit36:

abeg...wen its nt dah he left the key inside d car neither did he leave it open.....so tell me.....who else will have a cloned key dat is nt evn an extra to d original one

So if the owner of a car is careless with his or her car keys, and someone finds them, then proceeds to steal the related car, the seller has to pay the price? Be arrested? Let's look at this another way. Suppose I purchased a car from you, then it was stolen, would I be justified in sending members of the NPF to your home or office, to arrest you, and possibly give you a beating to make you "confess"?

Just because the thread starter says he had the key with him, and no one else had access to it, doesn't automatically mean he's right. He could have had a spare that went missing, obviously he's not stating this. We can only take his word for it.

Right now, your analogy means no vehicle seller in Nigeria, be it private or trade is no longer safe.

And don't forget a car can be boosted by a tow truck, lifted onto a flatbed truck, or by other less crude methods I won't go into here for obvious reasons. Methods that don't need the matched key present. And the car in question is a 2000 model year (pre-facelift) Toyota Camry. Not all have transponder keys, and some that did have long been bypassed by unscrupulous "mechanics".

1 Like

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by onatisi(m): 3:22pm On Jan 22, 2015
Make dem carry sef e pay pass make dem carry my car. When I bought it ,I was virtually sleeping on its bonnet for 3days before my wife rake for me .

1 Like

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by enjay1(m): 5:47pm On Jan 22, 2015
onatisi:
Make dem carry sef e pay pass make dem carry my car. When I bought it ,I was virtually sleeping on its bonnet for 3days before my wife rake for me .
hahaha did she sae "if u sleep wit dis car one mor tym ure neva gonna sleep wit mi!"

2 Likes

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by Jhayeahsam01(m): 6:08pm On Jan 22, 2015
if u have faith like that of mustard seed... your car will be found... I belif that
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by Akinrogun(m): 6:33pm On Jan 22, 2015
frustratedman:

You are a suspect in ur friends case. U warned him and later some boys came to his gate

Where is your friend's car
u sound like a police officer...... they are experts in using reverse pyschology.

1 Like

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by greatestboss(m): 8:10pm On Jan 22, 2015
LegatusGlaber:

I drive an Avalon 2006, limited edition. I can confidently say no one can steal it except at gun point.
Hmm...Why did you say so?
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by BOUNTYDOG(m): 9:28pm On Jan 22, 2015
rollingpoint027:
So sorry to hear abt ur missing car,my frnd bought same ride sumtimes last year....the worst part of his own case is dat he spent sum months to save up d cash and finally the car arrived on thursday,he quickly registered d car and received all documents on friday but d car was stolen on sunday right in front of his house.......my guy wan DIE!!!

But these car thieves are very heartless oh honestly,
I hear they disable trackers,respray the car and change the engine and chasis nos.
So u re looking for a gold toyota wit same details not knowing its black now.I have lots of friends @ D SARS and dey share deir experiences @ work.
Thank God I'm in love with benz and dey hardly ever steal benz cos of demand for it,otherwise I still forgot my keys on a chair @ a joint 2day and joined my sars friend only to start looking for my car keys when I was set to leave,I was not scared a bit I remembered I was seating somewhere B4 went bak there and behold the keys were dere on D seat.
#Teambenzforlive#

2 Likes

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by madgoat(m): 10:59pm On Jan 22, 2015
Hope the car was not towed by lastma or other outfits.
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by madgoat(m): 11:11pm On Jan 22, 2015
rezzy:

Make I tell you.
My husband left his car Key in the car when he got to work. He called the gate men to help him out. From the drivers'seat window, they drag down one rubber, put a stick inside and push down a button on the door hand, all the doors opened. Omo, my husband fear e head.

Hehehehe similar thing happened to me. They just used one iron rod squeezed through d driver's door to release d unlock button. The door open sharply... shocked Omo since dat time i just knw say my car no secure and na only God dey protect am.

1 Like

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jan 22, 2015
madgoat:

Hehehehe similar thing happened to me. They just used one iron rod squeezed through d driver's door to release d unlock button. The door open sharply... shocked Omo since dat time i just knw say my car no secure and na only God dey protect am.

This your handle tho...
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by Nobody: 2:35am On Jan 23, 2015
LegatusGlaber:

The limited edition has keyless entry, thus you can't gain entrance without the remote. Also, of late, you have to show the remote to the start/stop push button for the car to start; perhaps the remote battery is weak.The keyless entry is a security on it's own and for someone to steal it, then the person must have been on your matter for a long while.

However, for the Op, that model of Toyota is welcoming to most keys and hence easy to steal.
The radio waves the remote entry gives can be read and cloned. Enough replacement remote entry plenty for ebay, all you need to do is program it. But the common car thief won't go that to that length except it's an inside job from the dealer.

1 Like

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by Nobody: 5:36am On Jan 23, 2015
People should get to know their car, next time you have reasons to park your car, for a longer time, please open your engine bonnet, remove one of the distributor head plug cable, and go with it. After you return, fix back and drive away. This is simply to do, as your mechanic about this.
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by Kx: 6:09am On Jan 23, 2015
indigene:
People should get to know their car, next time you have reasons to park your car, for a longer time, please open your engine bonnet, remove one of the distributor head plug cable, and go with it. After you return, fix back and drive away. This is simply to do, as your mechanic about this.

Is this format "healthy " for automatic?
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by LegatusGlaber(m): 7:01am On Jan 23, 2015
saxywale:

The radio waves the remote entry gives can be read and cloned. Enough replacement remote entry plenty for ebay, all you need to do is program it. But the common car thief won't go that to that length except it's an inside job from the dealer.

That's why I said the person wey go steal am dey on top your matter for a while
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by onatisi(m): 7:32am On Jan 23, 2015
indigene:
human beings are the best form of security. Never leave ur car in an isolated area where there are no people. Don't play the big man or puffy baba alaye when parking know that some people are watching you. Make sure ur car has all security and anti theft systems installed on it and that they are working well. And lastly be humble,after parking ur car,look for people around that are in that vicinity at least 3 ,tell them you won't be long and that u will dash them something when u come back,people like vulcanisers ,food sellers and co. These people may look dirty or ordinary but believe me they are the best form of security. Once they know u are the owner if they see any strange person near ur car,they will raise an alarm. Don't be too proud to humbly ask them for help and when u get back ,give them something as gift. This tips have never failed me .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 23, 2015
LegatusGlaber:

That's why I said the person wey go steal am dey on top your matter for a while
No car starts automatic. Every mechanic knew how to disable a car, either what I suggested, a simple fuse, kick starter relay etc, I have never used any security gizmo.
Opens my bonnet, take out a relay, fuse, off I go.
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by SeverusSnape(m): 8:47am On Jan 23, 2015
DaBullIT:
[size=18pt]Everybody poses with their new car you should have the pictures and it should be online by now

Frsc needs a better database that's records and displays registration info on request

Police needs to have a network that'll be able to access suggestion above

Nobody steals Rover , a buddy of mine left a state to work in. Another, left his car at a mechanic shop for 1 month, thieves came broke the glass of DC, EOD and a few other cars took the dashboard with stereo /dvd players but didn't bother to break the rover's glass at all

My point

don't buy common cars if you can afford another type

Don't leave your vehicle unattended

Even if the sun is 100° don't roll down your glass not even 1 cm space

Check with vio someone could have towed the vehicle

Upload the pictures you'll be surprised how nationwide the branches of NL have grown

Pray hard and try to recollect if you've noticed someone trailing you [/size]
Nice one Boss!...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by LegatusGlaber(m): 9:30am On Jan 23, 2015
indigene:

No car starts automatic. Every mechanic knew how to disable a car, either what I suggested, a simple fuse, kick starter relay etc, I have never used any security gizmo.
Opens my bonnet, take out a relay, fuse, off I go.

What ride do you drive?

1 Like

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 23, 2015
LegatusGlaber:

What ride do you drive?
Toyota Corolla, just ask a competent auto electrician, whatever the car, you re driving, fuse to your brain box.
Car electrical connect ion, is just not different from any house or industrial electrical connection. A small fuse rating of 0.2amps that is removed from a critical electronics board, can disable Nigeria brewery production line.
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by LegatusGlaber(m): 11:50am On Jan 23, 2015
indigene:

Toyota Corolla, just ask a competent auto electrician, whatever the car, you re driving, fuse to your brain box.
Car electrical connect ion, is just not different from any house or industrial electrical connection. A small fuse rating of 0.2amps that is removed from a critical electronics board, can disable Nigeria brewery production line.

How do you access the car to do all these things is the million dollar questions. Or are you assuming l leave the car open for you?
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by vanndubi: 10:15am On Jan 24, 2015
greatestboss:

Hmm...Why did you say so?

I drive a Lexus ES 300 and the car's security is something else! I'm used to pinning from inside to lock the door(without using the key).

One day, I parked, opened the door, pinned the central lock, then came out only to see that I needed to park wella. So I went in again, closed the door(locking it) and parked well. An attempt to use the central lock button to open the door triggered the alarm. I was locked in with the horn honking at full blast.

Since the rc was bad, I had to wind down to unlocked the car with key from outside.

I was impressed with the lock down mode (as u press to unlock, the central lock button is returning into lock mode within a fraction of a second)!
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by josieboy55(m): 3:40pm On Jan 24, 2015
LegatusGlaber:

I am really suprised. I drive an Avalon 2006, limited edition. I can confidently say no one can steal it except at gun point.

That girl is trying to form , she is lying. Haba Toyota Avalon 2014 how
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by josieboy55(m): 3:42pm On Jan 24, 2015
ShirelleBaby:

My dear,the thing shock us
They carry am clean and clear.

He has tipped police close to 100k to make them look for the car seriously

It is a month plus today yet no report of the car.

God will help the OP--his story won't be same.

Aunty, u can lie ooh.
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 24, 2015
LegatusGlaber:

How do you access the car to do all these things is the million dollar questions. Or are you assuming l leave the car open for you?
I better have dirt on my hands, than been seen as a suspect, when you report you car missing. You get involved in roller coaster of spending money on the police, and still you car,may not be seen.
Nnewi, Aba, Onitsha auto electricians makes things possible.
Have you consider locking an alarm padlock on your wheel? A scenario played out, when a car thief want to drive away, a car with this alarm padlock, you could imagine the jitters he got.
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by ayogabriel(m): 8:54am On Jan 25, 2015
scrollmeout:

What ever happened to sympathy and comraderie? Instead of helping out in one way or the other, you are here giving some useless "advice". will your advice bring the car back?

And yours will do the job? My point is that, it isn't wise to borrow money to buy things like cars, and stuffs like that, especially when u are still striving, as this guy is now, he will have to first pay off, his loan, and then indemnity him self, that's a 2 fold wahala, where as if its a land, you MAY never loose it
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by BTT(m): 10:26am On Jan 30, 2015
ogunvic41:
How many key(s) do u have?
Some dealers in lagos give one key and keep the extra, they will later come to steal the car

A friend's friend took me to get a 2002 Corolla somewhere on Ikorodu road. We made payments, got someone to get car papers and number plate for us. One of the dealer's boy's offered to help wash the car, and we headed to eat before everything is set as the car was to be taken to Warri same day. I locked the car and we went away with the key.

I deliberately kept my own car keys in the driver's seat in a pattern before our departure, having heard about this possibility before - and I told my friend I was checking and would ask before we go.

We came back to discover the car had been opened in our absence. We made a lot of noise and threats and collected the spare key.

I trust some. But I verify all.

2 Likes

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by ozzugworlee(m): 11:54am On Jan 30, 2015
[quote author=indigene post=30103740]
I better have dirt on my hands, than been seen as a suspect, when you report you car missing. You get involved in roller coaster of spending money on the police, and still you car,may not be seen.
Nnewi, Aba, Onitsha auto electricians makes things possible.
Have you consider locking an alarm padlock on your wheel? A scenario played out, when a car thief want to drive away, a car with this alarm padlock, you could imagine the jitters he got.

L[/qote].....pls, hw is d alarm padlock like, hw much and hw does it work. If u hve s pix, do share it here, let's see it., cos I just bought carmy 2009 model car, hve installed d security device dat allows d car to move for 5mins and den stop until d real owner comes, and a alarm via d remote keys has also been installed, but still,I need more like oliver twist
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by akeenalee(m): 8:11pm On Jun 01, 2015
My car was stolen June 21 2014 at my premises at Apo Ressetlement zone E Apo at About 10pm.
Reg No:GWA528GP
CHASSIS:JT2BG22K3YO5O7395
PLS IF ANY INFO CALL: 08032772075

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Checkout The 9 Oldest Auto-makers In The World / This Kia Habaniro Car Uses Artificial Intelligence To Know When You Are Sad / Detergent Or Liquid Soap For Car Wash?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.