Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

What Causes Flatulence After Eating Beans? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Causes Flatulence After Eating Beans? (622 Views)

Toddler Dies After Eating Poisoned Rice (pictures Of Suspects) / Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi / What Causes Flatulence After Eating Beans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Causes Flatulence After Eating Beans? by MsFaith: 3:32pm On Jan 21, 2015
Good day Nairalanders!

Some days back my mom, my sister and I argued over the cause of flatulence when we eat beans. My mom always insisted that the beans should be per boiled (first cook for a while and drain the coloured water) as that is the cause of gassing. But I argued with her telling her I was taught in sec school (foods and nutrition class) that the cause was actually the skin of the beans that is why when moi moi is prepared with skin of the beans peeled we don't tend to fart.

Food scientists pls clarify and share knowledge. Your contributions will be very much appreciated without any insults. Thanks!
Re: What Causes Flatulence After Eating Beans? by Craigston: 5:23pm On Jan 21, 2015
Present.

(1) (Reply)

Japanese Scientist Synthesis Meat From Human Faeces. . / White Man Wants Egusi Soup / NAFDAC Seizes 55 Cartons Of Expired Yogurts & Truck Load Of Fake Wine [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.