Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,426 members, 7,812,257 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Live Webcast From Nigeria, Which Way? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Live Webcast From Nigeria, Which Way? (1111 Views)

How To Open A Verified Paypal Account From Nigeria. / Laptop: Which Way To Go! / Fiber Optics or VSAT, which way to go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Live Webcast From Nigeria, Which Way? by ronkarazo(m): 11:01pm On Aug 18, 2006
Hi,
This is a tuff one for you, and i'll explain.
I run a multimedia site, and we want to transmit live video feed from lagos via our website.
I called Accelon and a couple of isp's in naija and trust me, i became a rocket scientist
One software developer at Linkserve understood my grammar and said he'd get back to me, but i'd like to know what to do.
I have thought of so may ways ;  KU bands, and all.
B4 we all get carried away note that i am not a technical person.
SCENARIO: four cameras slaved to an online vision mixer at an event venue. How do we connect to his computer to transmit live str8 to our server?
Kind PPL, Begin
Re: Live Webcast From Nigeria, Which Way? by Seun(m): 12:42am On Aug 19, 2006
It would be quite expensive due to the higher cost of outgoing bandwidth, and most Nigerians won't be able to watch it since they'll be using dial-up class Internet links. Why not use TV to show what you want to show?
Re: Live Webcast From Nigeria, Which Way? by ronkarazo(m): 8:44am On Aug 19, 2006
Ah i see.
trust me bandwidth ain't the real issue. i've heard that alot but all i want is a concept.
winners chapel transmit live on their website, but i'm guessing they transmit via satellite to a UK hub from which they optimise the feed for the web.
b4 anyone says Winners chapel is a major player, we mean business.
come on people, i'm sure someone from Hyperia, Accelon, Cyberspace, is reading this .
HEEEELLLLLLLP!

(1) (Reply)

Gmail on your phone / How Do I Make Cdrom Ist Boot Device? / Nod32 Anti-virus Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.