Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,167 members, 7,849,603 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:37 AM

Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money (39956 Views)

Bayelsa Monarch 'Progress-Never-Die' Struggling For His Life In Hospital(Pic / Nigerian Soldier Killed While Fighting For Nigeria (photo) / Struggling For The Money At My Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Akpan107(m): 2:18pm On Jan 22, 2015
barcanista:
If only the PDP-led FG had provided jobs for the teeming Youths, nobody would have struggled to share some money from these politicians. This is why we want a change in government. We need jobs for the ever increasing unemployed. We need to avert more loss of our citizens. We also need strong enforcement of relevant laws that discourages monetisation of campaign. I appeal to our youths to shun violence, let us endure this visionless government for this short period till M Buhari is sworn in.

Vote Change, Vote Buhari! RIP to the dead
It's impossible for the Government to provide jobs for 100% of its citizens.

There are also un-employment in USA, U.K etc.

The government of GEJ has done alot to provide jobs for the masses.

GEJ has tried so much to re-position this country in its rightful place after decades of destruction in the system.

2 Likes

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 22, 2015
Na wah o! APC have not lost election yet and they have started shooting youths...what will happen when PDP wins?

Anyway, he was truely JOBLESS!

3 Likes

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by AreaFada2: 2:24pm On Jan 22, 2015
Na wa o. Politics, money, youth & unemployment. See combo. A witches cauldron.
Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by oluvick(m): 2:25pm On Jan 22, 2015
Oh I see! It's no longer pdp that pay money for crowd. So apc de "do like that"?

So bad, how people (especially the youth) waste their lives for nothing.

1 Like

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by AreaFada2: 2:26pm On Jan 22, 2015
Na wa o. Politics, money, youth & unemployment.

See combo. A witches cauldron.
Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Smartnwa(m): 2:28pm On Jan 22, 2015
RIP nigga, if u reach judgement table tel oluwa na apc kill u...
Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by teeflash: 2:29pm On Jan 22, 2015
Mtchew,yanmayanma,u c wat dev turned youths into
simpleseyi:
A 25-year-old man, Kingsley Ughala, has been shot dead while struggling to share the money dashed out by a politician after a rally of the All Progressives Congress in Lagos State.

The incident happened on Friday afternoon in the Gbagada area of the state.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Kingsley had followed the APC to a rally and returned with some group of boys who later besieged the campaign office of the APC governorship candidate, Akinwunmi Ambode, for “settlement.”

Our correspondent was told that after money was given out to the men, trouble started when a particular group wanted to pocket the largesse.

In the ensuing scuffle, the Imo State indigene was shot dead.

His corpse was said to have been deposited at the Gbagada General Hospital mortuary.

It was learnt that the police, had however arrested a suspect, Abayomi Ayeni.

A resident of the area, Jegede Johnson, said the victim was killed around 4pm.

He said, “It happened around the APC campaign office in Gbagada. After they finished their rally for the day, some group of boys returned to the campaign office for settlement.

“They were given some money to share among themselves.

“A fight broke out when one of the groups wanted to go away with the money.

“The struggle was intense, and at a point one of the groups brought out a gun and shot the guy dead.”

The victim’s father, Samuel, a carpenter, said he had returned from work in the evening of the fateful day when he learnt his son had been killed.

“I returned from work at about 9pm and I heard my son was killed. By that time, it was too late for me to go out so I waited till the following day which was a Saturday. I reported the matter at the Ifako Police Station.

“He had just finished his apprenticeship and we were looking for a job for him when he was killed. He was the third out of my six children.”

The victim’s elder brother, Chima, said, “I learnt that my brother was struggling for the money with those boys. When they entered a bus, they shot and killed him.”

It was gathered that the matter had been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Yaba, where the suspect was also being held.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Lagos State Command, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed the incident.

SOURCE: http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/jobless-youth-killed-while-struggling-for-campaign-money/
Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by okonelfg(m): 2:29pm On Jan 22, 2015
general buhari i knw dat u cant do it,u r nt d first to say it neither wil u be d last tho, u want to fight corruption,employ all d whole nigerian youth, secure nigeria hmmmm it obvious dat we nigerians not still getin wot politics is all abt,it a very dirty game,i called it a game because, hv to play many tricks to get into power,buhari fightin corruption is nt easy as u take it to be especially in d country nigeria i knw ,corruption is a disease from birth in dis country it can only be stop if and only we d citizens r willin to stop it oursef so it a disease wid no medecin, n u talk abt employin d Youth,bet me even if u win dis comin election u still hv many old men n women surroundin u to employ because u tink d r d rit pple u should put there to protect u, n imagin number of nigeria youth graduatin a single year lol we knw u r jokin u cant employ dem whiles those old cargos refuse to leave office for strong n able youth to take place anyways as for security in nigeria its only god intervention we nid .so gej till buhari tells us his mission towards dat seat.

1 Like

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by HopeAlive14(m): 2:32pm On Jan 22, 2015
Whether na APC or PDP, God will hold accountable any one responsible for the death of the already impoverished Nigerian struggling to survive.

Money miss road politicians!
Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 22, 2015
mrmaze:

Hi robots!!!
Hi battery
Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by tit(f): 2:37pm On Jan 22, 2015
barcanista:
If only the PDP-led FG had provided jobs ...

you see yarsef?
how many jobs did tinubu and fashola provided?
this is the problem with Nigeria.
Everyboy seats on their hands waiting for President Jonathan to do all the work.

Repent.

1 Like

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by jaydee87(m): 2:40pm On Jan 22, 2015
a dead youth and all u see is APC, blaming the party or the economy is totally wrong cos the party or the country did not shot the dead.
think its time we look beyond politics and what the future holds for the youth.
we always like to blame someone or something for our wrongdoings learn to accept blame.
can't wait for the election to be over so we have peace...

1 Like

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 22, 2015
barcanista:
Hi battery
What's with PDP and name calling?
Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Imokha(m): 2:47pm On Jan 22, 2015
simpleseyi:
A 25-year-old man, Kingsley Ughala, has been shot dead while struggling to share the money dashed out by a politician after a rally of the All Progressives Congress in Lagos State.

The incident happened on Friday afternoon in the Gbagada area of the state.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Kingsley had followed the APC to a rally and returned with some group of boys who later besieged the campaign office of the APC governorship candidate, Akinwunmi Ambode, for “settlement.”

Our correspondent was told that after money was given out to the men, trouble started when a particular group wanted to pocket the largesse.

In the ensuing scuffle, the Imo State indigene was shot dead.

His corpse was said to have been deposited at the Gbagada General Hospital mortuary.

It was learnt that the police, had however arrested a suspect, Abayomi Ayeni.

A resident of the area, Jegede Johnson, said the victim was killed around 4pm.

He said, “It happened around the APC campaign office in Gbagada. After they finished their rally for the day, some group of boys returned to the campaign office for settlement.

“They were given some money to share among themselves.

“A fight broke out when one of the groups wanted to go away with the money.

“The struggle was intense, and at a point one of the groups brought out a gun and shot the guy dead.”

The victim’s father, Samuel, a carpenter, said he had returned from work in the evening of the fateful day when he learnt his son had been killed.

“I returned from work at about 9pm and I heard my son was killed. By that time, it was too late for me to go out so I waited till the following day which was a Saturday. I reported the matter at the Ifako Police Station.

“He had just finished his apprenticeship and we were looking for a job for him when he was killed. He was the third out of my six children.”

The victim’s elder brother, Chima, said, “I learnt that my brother was struggling for the money with those boys. When they entered a bus, they shot and killed him.”

It was gathered that the matter had been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Yaba, where the suspect was also being held.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Lagos State Command, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed the incident.

SOURCE: http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/jobless-youth-killed-while-struggling-for-campaign-money/
shame on his shameful soul,when I said it before that there is no diffrence between PDP and APC people felt I had special beef for the parties,all I know is that APC will steal hell if they take over the leadership of Nigeria..now they share money to the electorates as to buy their votes like PDP..shame on them and those who fall for their cheap lies
Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 22, 2015
Akpan107:
It's impossible for the Government to provide jobs for 100% of its citizens.

There are also un-employment in USA, U.K etc.

The government of GEJ has done alot to provide jobs for the masses.

GEJ has tried so much to re-position this country in its rightful place after decades of destruction in the system.
Na wetin TAN tell una?
Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 22, 2015
Useless Igbo boy died struggling for blood money in a foreign land and killed by a yoruba imb.eci.le. That's the change they have been crying for, he would collect the remaining change in HELL.

2 Likes

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Juicysam(m): 2:57pm On Jan 22, 2015
In other news..the so called politician`s children are in uk studying good courses..one of the son may even be on top of his gf in a well furnished AC tight room when the burial of this supporter turned dead man would be going on..poverty is a curse*pukes*

1 Like

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by fm001(m): 2:57pm On Jan 22, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Welcome to the oil driven society.

Where the young people struggle for their share of the oil kudi....instead of struggling to invent new things, or develop new ideas.

Where there are no jobs...because the industries have been stifled and beaten back by imports fueled by oil lucre.

Where discussion about the economy is how we share the oil money rather than how we use our limited resources to make more money and resources.

Where every Nigerians thinks we are rich....BUT we are not. We are a poor nation who thinks that poverty can be alleviated by looking for resources to sell....so that we can share the money.

We won't invest in ideas. We won't work hard at something. We won't build our own planes, cars, air conditioners, lorries, tv sets, railway carriages, clothes, etc...BECAUSE...we prefer to chop the crumbs from Master's table.

And in this election PDP and APC....the guilty party here...have no ideas how to develop an oil free economy.

No....it is all worhtless talk.

Nigerians....am sorry...but this is what you get and deserve. Stomach infrastructure govt. Until you wake up and realise that there is no unlimited pot of gold....and you have to work hard to make a living

Oil is a curse.
My Bro, u ve said it all, we need to change our mentality before we can see TRUE CHANGE not the one from fictitious politicians
Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Realist2: 3:01pm On Jan 22, 2015
Monimatic:
APC n death
No,it is ApC and blood shedding
Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 22, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Welcome to the oil driven society.

Where the young people struggle for their share of the oil kudi....instead of struggling to invent new things, or develop new ideas.

Where there are no jobs...because the industries have been stifled and beaten back by imports fueled by oil lucre.

Where discussion about the economy is how we share the oil money rather than how we use our limited resources to make more money and resources.

Where every Nigerians thinks we are rich....BUT we are not. We are a poor nation who thinks that poverty can be alleviated by looking for resources to sell....so that we can share the money.

We won't invest in ideas. We won't work hard at something. We won't build our own planes, cars, air conditioners, lorries, tv sets, railway carriages, clothes, etc...BECAUSE...we prefer to chop the crumbs from Master's table.

And in this election PDP and APC....the guilty party here...have no ideas how to develop an oil free economy.

No....it is all worhtless talk.

Nigerians....am sorry...but this is what you get and deserve. Stomach infrastructure govt. Until you wake up and realise that there is no unlimited pot of gold....and you have to work hard to make a living

Oil is a curse.
so long as Hausas are in Nigeria everything you listed is a mirage you see hausas are a cancer and destroy everything they touch the best thing for Nigeria is to divide and let everyone forge his own path or better still they could see the country to china and share the money for everyone
Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Arcid: 3:08pm On Jan 22, 2015
afta all dis... GEJ nd GMB wil jus laugh, shake hands and ask each oda "HOW WAS THE CAMPAIGN"??

NB: no carry their matter for head.. jus vote dat day comot!!
Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 22, 2015
tensazangetsu:
so long as Hausas are in Nigeria everything you listed is a mirage you see hausas are a cancer and destroy everything they touch the best thing for Nigeria is to divide and let everyone forge his own path or better still they could see the country to china and share the money for everyone

Actually.....it isn't just Hausas.

How many of your Southern governors have actually gone and done as I have suggested.?

Resource dependency is something easy to fall into....even for you separatists....because it is far easy to sell resources and get quick kudi.,....than it is to actually manufacture things. (Yes...so I made a radio....and I have losses intially trying to sell it. I guess I should just join the importer exporters of radio).

You see...you Nigerians do not want to work hard for your money. If it was Hausas....the South would have been utterly developed.But your Southern leaders are just as lazy as the Hausas. They prefer oil money. That is why some of them call for separation....separation means more oil money to spend. Not a chance to actually become an industrial power.

(Which is why I admire Innoson...he is the only Southern businessman who gets it. Most just wanna import and sell).

Your problem is that all of you think that you are rich. You are not. You have limited resources. Better use them and develop something. And better wait for the profits...because it is going to take a long time before you see profits.

So stop blaming the Hausas. Face the facts....you and the Hausas that you are all poor....and that selling resources is not the way forward. Simples. I am tired of blaming other people. Is it Hausas that have been our governors for the last 14 years?

1 Like

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by chuksmad(m): 3:10pm On Jan 22, 2015
The truth of this world we live in is that some people must be the sacrificial lamb or atonement blood for rich men/politicians. the only way is for you to reject being the sacrificial lamb for these politicians.
Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by makzeze: 3:11pm On Jan 22, 2015
eaglechild:
Very sad.
Political parties should desist from using money to campaign.

APC supporters have continued to display gruesome acts of violence even amongst themselves.

Is this the Nigeria they want to build for us.

Say no to political violence.

Say no to money politics.

Say no to APC.

GEJ till 2019.

Kai! shege Robot you don come here again
Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 22, 2015
Redoil:
Killing jobless people with APC janj.awe.ed and BH ideologies have been their stock in trade since time immemorial.
The kind of Lies been told by APC cyber dogs like egift omenka barcanista passingshot saibuhari gbawe berem predate man and every living thing on earth.
The kind of Lie coming out of the mouth of APC warlords caused the problem we are in today.
Lie makes tinubu having 6 private jet to the detriment of lagosians.
Lies from APC makes BH to slaugther milions of people hoping to be compesated with 72 virgins which is the age of buhari.
POSITIVE SIDE OF LIE
We (men) lie to get into women's pants
we (women) lie to get into men's pocket
we lie to get what we want at no cost
we lie about our age e.g buhari claiming to be 72years when he is actully 82.
We lie to ganner public vote and sympathy.
As for pastors own i will leave that to God's judgement.

I don't know what u r smoking, but its some really good stuff, I wish u could pass me some of that high grade kush
Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 22, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Actually.....it isn't just Hausas.

How many of your Southern governors have actually gone and done as I have suggested.?

Resource dependency is something easy to fall into....even for you separatists....because it is far easy to sell resources and get quick kudi.,....than it is to actually manufacture things. (Yes...so I made a radio....and I have losses intially trying to sell it. I guess I should just join the importer exporters of radio).

You see...you Nigerians do not want to work hard for your money. If it was Hausas....the South would have been utterly developed.But your Southern leaders are just as lazy as the Hausas. They prefer oil money. That is why some of them call for separation....separation means more oil money to spend. Not a chance to actually become an industrial power.

(Which is why I admire Innoson...he is the only Southern businessman who gets it. Most just wanna import and sell).

Your problem is that all of you think that you are rich. You are not. You have limited resources. Better use them and develop something. And better wait for the profits...because it is going to take a long time before you see profits.

So stop blaming the Hausas. Face the facts....you and the Hausas that you are all poor....and that selling resources is not the way forward. Simples. I am tired of blaming other people. Is it Hausas that have been our governors for the last 14 years?
The way Nigeria has been structured by the hausas we cant be industrialised federal character and a host of other factors are in it people taking positions because of tribes. whether or not you choose to see it hausas are the problem of Nigeria and west africa in general
Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Futureprexdent1: 3:25pm On Jan 22, 2015
Is this the change APC is crying for? APC using arm robbers to do compains..... May God help Us.

1 Like

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Redoil: 3:28pm On Jan 22, 2015
Sacluxpaint:

I don't know what u r smoking, but its some really good stuff, I wish u could pass me some of that high grade kush
my inspiration to write comes from the the love i am having for eroticangelina that turned sour.
Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Moz22: 3:28pm On Jan 22, 2015
ur brain is decayed! So they are the ones that called them to come and collect money abi I dont know why Youths of today think absurdly So GEJ and his supporters are not thieves

IF you mention me, you are mad!
zuggy:
My his soul continue to hunt Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi and all the APC thieves. Anuofia
Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Moz22: 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2015
Poor dude...he should have gone back to IMO if there was job too.

scumbag! angry
Bobbystanley:
If fashola had created jobs
Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by 1stola: 3:33pm On Jan 22, 2015
eaglechild:
Very sad.
Political parties should desist from using money to campaign.

APC supporters have continued to display gruesome acts of violence even amongst themselves.

Is this the Nigeria they want to build for us.

Say no to political violence.

Say no to money politics.

Say no to APC.

GEJ till 2019.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Omo-Agege Sworn-In As Deputy President Of The Senate With "67 Votes" [Photos] / Politicians Who Fell Out With Their Godfathers / Lauretta Onochie Shades Dino Melaye Over Kogi Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.