Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,252 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising (22272 Views)

#BayelsaDecides: APC Kicks Against INEC’s Cancellation Of Elections / INEC Releases Kogi Assembly Results, APC Kicks / APC Kicks As Jonathan Meets Adams, Obanikoro In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by drsolob2(m): 7:27am On Jan 22, 2015
The All Progressives Congress has berated the National Communications Commission for directing telecoms companies not to run political adverts.

The National Publicity Secretary of the APC, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said during a press conference in Lagos on Wednesday that the directive was issued in order to give the Peoples Democratic Party an unfair advantage.

Mohammed said the directive was suspect as it was issued shortly after the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, unveiled the platforms through which Nigerians could make monetary contributions to the campaign of its presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).

He noted that Fashola had disclosed that apart from receiving contributions through bank deposits, Nigerians could make donations through SMS, ringtones and scratch cards.

Mohammed, however, said the NCC instructed telecoms service providers not to accept political promotions and adverts so that Buhari would not be able to get enough funds.

He said the directive would not affect the PDP because President Goodluck Jonathan had already been able to raise over N21bn.

He wondered why traditional media like newspapers, televisions and radios would be allowed to carry adverts while the telecoms were being barred.

He said, “The NCC has now written to all the service providers to avoid running political/advertisement promotions that will portray them as being partisan and has threatened to sanction any service provider that will flout this directive. Effectively, the NCC is seeking to block our ability to use the platforms of SMS, ringtones and scratch cards to raise funds.

“By doing so, the same body, a national institution, that is warning telecoms companies against running political/advertisements in order not to be portrayed as partisan has become a tool of crass partisanship! What an irony!!

“It is also necessary to note that no regulatory body has barred the use of the traditional platforms of radio, television and print media from running political advertisements and promotions.

“There can’t be a clearer example of abuse of office. We are extremely concerned by this brazen act of intimidation and regulatory lawlessness towards legitimate businesses providing perfectly legitimate advertisement services, especially when the advertisers have not breached any law or prevented their subscribers from opting out of such services.”

“We are all the more appalled that the NCC seems splendidly oblivious of the fact that the Nigerian Communications Act 2003 does not outlaw advertisements.”
www.punchng.com/politics/apc-kicks-as-ncc-bans-networks-from-advertising/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by baybeeboi: 7:35am On Jan 22, 2015
APC always complaining....
Pathetic
GEJ till.......................

113 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by azpekuliar: 7:36am On Jan 22, 2015
So e dey pain dem?

Same way the APC-led Lagos State Government is using LASAA to pull down Jimi Agbaje's campaign billboards in Lagos.

Disgusting hypocrites!

Otuoeke 2019!!!

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by tyson99(m): 7:36am On Jan 22, 2015
ok
Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by ichommy(m): 7:38am On Jan 22, 2015
Good Idea jare. Make den no flood my fone with Sms. NCC get dere own for body, Make den yarn MTN and Co make den Reduce tariff den dey do werey.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by tyson99(m): 7:38am On Jan 22, 2015
baybeeboi:
APC always complaining....
Pathetic
GEJ till.......................
.......till febuhari 14 grin

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 22, 2015
Shameful on the side of NCC. They have also joined the league of government agencies playing partisan politics.
Jonathan and PDP wants to destroy Nigeria but we must never let it happen.

ITS TIME FOR CHANGE!!

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by ichidodo: 7:41am On Jan 22, 2015
But the e-goats are allowed to eat and deface Jimi Agbaje's,GEJ's and other aspirants under the PDP' Billboards in the Lagos Metropolis,Kano,Katsina et al...Bloody Hypocrites.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by teemanbastos(m): 7:41am On Jan 22, 2015
EVEN IF THEY DO WORSE.,they are wasting their time.
What I know is when the Battle is hottest, Victory is around the Corner..!!
The PDP have seen the handwriting on the wall and they want to erase it? not possible and Never possible.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by TCD: 7:41am On Jan 22, 2015
why is NCC a government agency trying to frustrate APC ? what business of NCC if a telecoms company decides to run political adverts ? have other candidates approaches them for advert and the telecoms companies refused?

this is government intimidation. well it won't last long, it all ends May 29 2015. .GEJ disgraced back to otuoke. maybe he can then go and finish his PHD thesis on cluelessness.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by Trending(m): 7:42am On Jan 22, 2015
Badt
Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 22, 2015
Hmmm
Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by condralbede(m): 7:42am On Jan 22, 2015
Good

2 Likes

Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by omenka(m): 7:42am On Jan 22, 2015
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!! Desperado has struck again!!

#ShowUsYourThesisMrPresident!

22 Likes

Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 22, 2015
berem:
Shameful on the side of NCC. They have also joined the league of government agencies playing partisan politics.
Jonathan and PDP wants to destroy Nigeria but we must never let it happen.

ITS TIME FOR CHANGE!!

In a way...it makes sense. Some people do find political ads on their network distasteful.

17 Likes

Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by Deekaydadon(m): 7:43am On Jan 22, 2015
PDP always out to intimidate.
They can't stop the wind of change from blowing them out.

GMB till 2019

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by eaglechild: 7:43am On Jan 22, 2015
Good move.

Why flood people's phones with unwanted SMS.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by frodobee: 7:43am On Jan 22, 2015
Heheheehehe see gobe

As for u guys from Ala-Igbo, kpoturum for that land or house for be-anyi. Onwe some sharp properties di kitaa ighota go? Don't wait for ndi ufu-anya to burn your biz under the pretext of election violence, before you do the needful. Kpoturum taata. Check my sig.
Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by valdes00(m): 7:43am On Jan 22, 2015
m I surprised? Of cos nt.. In war, everytin is allowed.. Victory is al dat matters

4 Likes

Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by yomip3t(m): 7:43am On Jan 22, 2015
Mmm
Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by mcdokwe(m): 7:44am On Jan 22, 2015
Lol

one can not help but laugh at the pathetic Nigerian situation. The saga would continue to drag and create a precedence. there is so much to this but we aren't seeing them because we are already drawn up against each other as a result of our preferences, facts are no longer facts.

I am not going to be bothered about the authenticity of the result released, but I expected the integrity General to come clean, we all know that at a particular time in history, the army was filled more with and by quota system rather than qualification(this is for those basing their argument on his rising to become a general) and a good pointer is the interview granted by IBB on how they were encouraged to join the army while in school.

We need to tell ourselves the truth

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by Aspireahead(m): 7:44am On Jan 22, 2015
I am in support of the ban. I was surprised when i checked my account balance only to see an unwarranted 'vote for PDP' ad. Let network providers focus on providing quality networks and let media houses do their thing. Ciao

8 Likes

Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by kachnov(m): 7:44am On Jan 22, 2015
It's actually in the interest of the network providers not to appear to have taken sides in the forthcoming election..It is highly unprofessional and could spell doom for the network campaigning for a team that eventually loses.

6 Likes

Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 22, 2015
Why should NCC do that? grin grin That's abuse of regulatory functions. They are yet to ban these networks to stop sending useless, unsolicited SMS to subscribers,.

Now because APC uses MTN to campaign, they had to stop them because they are not PDP. This is very unfair
I guess PDP is sure wielding it's power of incumbency to frustrate the opposition. But I'm sure it won't get them anywhere.

feBuhari 14th is the day of reckoning! cheesy

[b][/b]

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by yomalex(m): 7:44am On Jan 22, 2015
Go to court but accelerated hearing I doubt it. You can only vote with your PVC Check Your INEC PVC Status Here
Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 22, 2015
Why should NCC do that? grin grin That's abuse of regulatory functions. They are yet to ban these networks to stop sending useless, unsolicited SMS to subscribers,.

Now because APC uses MTN to campaign, they had to stop them because they are not PDP. This is very unfair
I guess PDP is sure wielding it's power of incumbency to frustrate the opposition. But I'm sure it won't get them anywhere.

feBuhari 14th is the day of reckoning! cheesy

sai Buhari till 2019

13 Likes

Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by gratiaeo(m): 7:44am On Jan 22, 2015
Very nice! I can't withstand rubbish and unwarranted SMS from APC

4 Likes

Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by Blackchampion(m): 7:45am On Jan 22, 2015
omenka:
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!! Desperado has struck again!!

#ShowUsYourThesisMrPresident!
One Learner detected
Meanwhile! corruption at its peak @ pix

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by youngwarlocks: 7:45am On Jan 22, 2015
ok
Re: APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising by bandol(m): 7:45am On Jan 22, 2015
As regards media, you can decide not to on your TV set, radios or switch it off if you are not interested in the advert. You may decide not to buy news papers. Sending unwaranted messages to one is like imposing it on the subscribers. I was dazed when I typed *556# few days ago and I saw a political advert. I think banning it is a welcomed development

21 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soldiers Kill 11 Bandits During Intense Battle In Birnin Gwari, Kaduna (Photos) / Amaechi is currently leading in the Best Nigerian Governors Polls (join now) / Interim Govt: APC Has Evidence Against Jonathan, Says Fayemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.