Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,163 members, 7,835,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong (8266 Views)

My Boyfriend Said I Should Buy Him Gucci Driver Shoes (screenshots) / Husband Said He Is No Longer Gonna Make Out With His Wife Cos The Vagina Is Lax / Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by TTNI: 8:24am On Jan 22, 2015
Its my first time on nairaland, dont like ere much but am here because of how I feel now. Its not like I eat much but there are some certain foods wen I eat I eat it well. Now my appetiete seems to be increasing, I dont know Its because am a breastfeeding mum, my son feeds alot,once I breastfeed him eventhough I just ate I immediately feel hungry again. I dont know if its me or there mums with such change in their diet due to breastfeeding. Please share with me, may be it will stip my husband from making my life miserable.
Yesterday I bought myself a loaf of bread, I ate a quater of it, my husband didnt seem interested but wen he saw me eating I think he got interested. HE said I should serve him some and I said d rest wont satisfy him so I offered to make him something else. Thats how I became his huge topic. He lamented and lamented and ended it saying ,"you eat like a thief" and also said my tommy has grown bigger due to too much eating. If I had my way i would post a photo of me , I am sexy and fit as a lady who has never had kids, men still make passes at me so sorry to say that, and even women walk up to me and admire my shape, am not saying I av a totally flat tommy, but after two kids still looking this way then I tried. Those words hurt me so much that I went into d kitchen and cried. I felt really bad, you know it gets to a point where u just feel its not necessary to tell him how u feel about something he just said or did. So I just moved on acting strong. But I tell u since then I dont eat around him, even if I will eat in d same plate with him I would just take 2_ 3 spoons and leave. And am almost having Inferiority complex like am nt good enough or appealing to him. I am beautiful in my own way but I dont know if he still sees me that way.
I want hear breastfeeding mums lifestyle to diet. So I can compare to mine to know whete and how to fix me. Cos I know my appetite wasnt this bad, I had d appetite quiet alright but not this much. Please mums share ur opinions with me.
Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by tbaba1234: 8:28am On Jan 22, 2015
Hmmm... your husband probably said that as a joke, you took offence and failed to communicate with him. Ladies are just complex creatures.

17 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by Mynd44: 8:36am On Jan 22, 2015
When your husband says something that hurts you and makes you cry, cry to his face so he knows what his words mean.

34 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by TTNI: 8:38am On Jan 22, 2015
[quote author=tbaba1234 post=30018513]Hmmm... your husband probably said that as a joke, you took offence and failed to communicate with him. Ladies are just complex creatures.[/quote
Am not as complex as him funny enough. He for one complex pass me. Its just that I would take a little offence if my husband molests me on a matter I dont expect. Especially matters of my body changes that was probably caused due to bearing his children or breastfeeding his children. No man is allowed to mock a woman based on that. It wont be fair

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by adanduka: 8:39am On Jan 22, 2015
Words are powerful that's why we should say what we mean. I'm sure he didn't mean that but he probably wanted to use a strong word because you hurt him by refusing to share simple bread kwa. Na wa for you o.
Please you need to eat well as a nursing mother and don't make his words affect you that much that you need to eat away from him; and tell him how you feel too.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by adanduka: 8:47am On Jan 22, 2015
Mynd44:
When your husband says something that hurts you and makes you cry, cry to his face so he knows what his words mean.

I know someone who tells his wife when he hurts her and she cries to stop shedding crocodile tears. If he is that type he would hurt her more. If he is humane then she should go ahead.
One thing i know is women are not expressive with men who don't care how they feel.
However, i feel the OP's husband cares

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by ireneidiva(f): 8:48am On Jan 22, 2015
TTNI:
Its my first time on nairaland, dont like ere much but am here because of how I feel now. Its not like I eat much but there are some certain foods wen I eat I eat it well. Now my appetiete seems to be increasing, I dont know Its because am a breastfeeding mum, my son feeds alot,once I breastfeed him eventhough I just ate I immediately feel hungry again. I dont know if its me or there mums with such change in their diet due to breastfeeding. Please share with me, may be it will stip my husband from making my life miserable.
Yesterday I bought myself a loaf of bread, I ate a quater of it, my husband didnt seem interested but wen he saw me eating I think he got interested. HE said I should serve him some and I said d rest wont satisfy him so I offered to make him something else. Thats how I became his huge topic. He lamented and lamented and ended it saying ,"you eat like a thief" and also said my tommy has grown bigger due to too much eating. If I had my way i would post a photo of me , I am sexy and fit as a lady who has never had kids, men still make passes at me so sorry to say that, and even women walk up to me and admire my shape, am not saying I av a totally flat tommy, but after two kids still looking this way then I tried. Those words hurt me so much that I went into d kitchen and cried. I felt really bad, you know it gets to a point where u just feel its not necessary to tell him how u feel about something he just said or did. So I just moved on acting strong. But I tell u since then I dont eat around him, even if I will eat in d same plate with him I would just take 2_ 3 spoons and leave. And am almost having Inferiority complex like am nt good enough or appealing to him. I am beautiful in my own way but I dont know if he still sees me that way.
I want hear breastfeeding mums lifestyle to diet. So I can compare to mine to know whete and how to fix me. Cos I know my appetite wasnt this bad, I had d appetite quiet alright but not this much. Please mums share ur opinions with me.
You want a pity party right? You should be happy you married someone that tells you the truth. You may tell yourself now that you are still okay but if you continue to eat anyhow, you'll eventually be as fat as a cow. So you better watch what you eat and start working out.

14 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by Ab025(m): 9:00am On Jan 22, 2015
the truth is u must have been eating a bit too much for ur hubby to complain, xpecially ur tommy.

Do you think he doesn't know every part if ur body to notice ur tommy has grown bigger.... my advice is you should watch ur weight since ur hubby is bothered. Afterall, don't u know that men loose attraction atimes when their women start adding weight.....?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 22, 2015
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I think you need to listen to your husband.

Gluttony is a very unattractive trait, especially in women. You not only guzzled a quarter loaf of bread alone, you refused to share the remaining with him. Honestly, I don't think this is a one off thing. He must have noticed this trait in you and that incident is probably the last straw.

But he handled it badly, he should have spoken to you gently about it, instead of lashing out and hurting you.

Please wipe your tears and forgive him. And then learn to control your eating habits.

11 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by Nutase: 10:43am On Jan 22, 2015
ireneidiva:

You want a pity party right? You should be happy you married someone that tells you the truth. You may tell yourself now that you are still okay but if you continue to eat anyhow, you'll eventually be as fat as a cow. So you better watch what you eat and start working out.
grin
Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by pickabeau1: 10:46am On Jan 22, 2015
ireneidiva:

These words can kill someone sef
Na wa

OP... he may have meant it in a jocular manner
Tell him the words hurt you
Make corrections if any

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by illswift(m): 10:54am On Jan 22, 2015
Have u said anything to him regarding this issue? He prolly was just joking buh if u didn't take it lightly you gotta let him know. BTW didn't know thieves had a way of eating.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by veave(f): 11:05am On Jan 22, 2015
You sef, why didn't you give him the remaining bread now? And please, when next you post something on nairaland, make it readable. All these abbreviations are not cool at all. More like stones in a spoon of rice...

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by zemaye: 11:08am On Jan 22, 2015
tbaba1234:
Hmmm... your husband probably said that as a joke, you took offence and failed to communicate with him. Ladies are just complex creatures.
grin
Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by tobechi20(m): 11:18am On Jan 22, 2015
You made a mistake getting married in the first place
Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by bukatyne(f): 11:21am On Jan 22, 2015
tbaba1234:

I hope you would not might if your wife said something like that to you in future grin

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by bennyrazz: 11:24am On Jan 22, 2015
I think your husband is just joking. Really no harm, he just felt like hurting you and you too took it the wrong way. When he said you eat like a thief, you should have laughed him off or better still turn it into a huge comedy, tell him if he doesn't finish his food on time, you would grab his own and massacre it. Don't let him hurt you with his words rather let your actions hurt him. If you cultivate the attitude of making jest of his words, he would change. In fact, he would come and open a thread on NL to complain like this "my wife does not take me serious, pls help"

7 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by tbaba1234: 11:36am On Jan 22, 2015
bukatyne:

I hope you would not might if your wife said something like that to you in future grin

That I eat like a thief?? I doubt. grin

To be honest, when I first read it, I thought, it sounded like banter. Yabs.

If she took offense, let him know.Do not assume, he knows that he hurt you.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 22, 2015
TTNI:
Those words hurt me so much that I went into d kitchen and cried. I felt really bad, you know it gets to a point where u just feel its not necessary to tell him how u feel about something he just said or did. So I just moved on acting strong. But I tell u since then I dont eat around him, even if I will eat in d same plate with him I would just take 2_ 3 spoons and leave. And am almost having Inferiority complex like am nt good enough or appealing to him. I am beautiful in my own way but I dont know if he still sees me that way.

Awwwww sowwie. Since you know you look good keep looking good. I don't think he knows the joke hurt this bad it looks like a joke but apparently it didn't feel like one to you maybe you've been feeling bad about yourself since you put to bed so hearing that from him just broke you down you are trying to fix yourself already so in no time i am sure you will recover your esteem.
Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by bukatyne(f): 12:15pm On Jan 22, 2015
tbaba1234:

That I eat like a thief?? I doubt. grin

To be honest, when I first read it, I thought, it sounded like banter. Yabs.

If she took offense, let him know.Do not assume, he knows that he hurt you.

You doubt your wife would tell you something like that?

Why?
Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 22, 2015
Of all things to cry about angry
You get plenty tears ni jor undecided
Next please! cool
Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by tbaba1234: 12:23pm On Jan 22, 2015
bukatyne:

You doubt your wife would tell you something like that?

Why?

No, I doubt I can be offended by that.

The reason, the op was offended is because she was already conscious of it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by thorpido(m): 12:39pm On Jan 22, 2015
Ujujoan:
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I think you need to listen to your husband.

Gluttony is a very unattractive trait, especially in women. You not only guzzled a quarter loaf of bread alone, you refused to share the remaining with him. Honestly, I don't think this is a one off thing. He must have noticed this trait in you and that incident is probably the last straw.

But he handled it badly, he should have spoken to you gently about it, instead of lashing out and hurting you.

Please wipe your tears and forgive him. And then learn to control your eating habits.
Just my thoughts.
Op,I don't think your husband was joking when he said that but he just had a bad way of putting across the message.I know men get uncomfortable when they see food go into the wife's mouth very often.A lot of men are unhappy about the size their wives have grown to.
If you pile on all that weight with the excuse that you're breastfeeding,it might be difficult losing it later.The person who can best tell you how you look is your husband,not the people you say still admire you.
Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by mutter(f): 12:53pm On Jan 22, 2015
When I had one of my kid`s I put on allot of weight and was still in hospital. I asked my husband if he still liked me that way. He asked me if I thought he was a fool. I better loose that weight that I looked like a whale that had been stranded on Land angry
I busted out in tears and he tried to tell me it was a joke but he meant it.
He did me a favor because that is like an alarm bell that constantly rings in my head years later that I have to pay attention to my weight.
But that was hard especially from a man that hardly talks!

I think it is better that your husband tells you the truth than that, he goes behind your back looking for a woman that is more to his taste.
The fact that you are slim now is no excuse for you to have an unhealthy eating habit, breastfeeding is also not an excuse for gluttony.
You have two children congratulations! But when I complain about my weight my friends tell me, it is okay with the number of kid`s I have. But then is that written on my Forehead when you walk around! I have 2 Kid`s so I am allowed to be fat. grin

As to what you did! That is really ridiculous to say the least.
Your husband was probably not hungry but seeing you eating that bread, he got an appetite for the bread.
HE WANTED BREAD! and not something else.
So the 3/4 left over was not enough for him
You just wanted to hide it and eat it up all alone later. That was nasty of you.
IF you love your husband and he asks you for bread. You stop eating if it isn`t enough and give it to him.
That is what a woman that loves her husband would do. Even if he doesn't want to deprive you, you would insist that you have had enough.

Hope you are not eating out of frustration or boredom. I know some women who have gotten terribly fat that way and they were all skinny before

14 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 22, 2015
You were that hurt and you didn't tell him? How was he supposed to know that his words hurt you that much? He shouldn't have used those words. I'm hoping he didn't mean it that way. It just didn't come out right.

And nope! Breastfeeding is not a reason for gluttony. I know, cos I'm a nursing mother too. One feels so drained and hungry after each round of breastfeeding that you can eat a full goat. grin But, you've got to watch it.

You should also start working out. It doesn't matter what outsiders say about your figure. It doesn't matter how many guys make passes at you. What matters is that your hubby is not comfy with your tommy and you should be concerned.

Pele dear. Please don't feel so bad. I know how it can be when you're being blamed for "something he put you through".

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by zeb04(f): 1:02pm On Jan 22, 2015
pickabeau1:

These words can kill someone sef
Na wa

OP... he may have meant it in a jocular manner
Tell him the words hurt you
Make corrections if any
Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by mutter(f): 1:03pm On Jan 22, 2015
Phema:
You were that hurt and you didn't tell him? How was he supposed to know that his words hurt you that much? He shouldn't have used those words. I'm hoping he didn't mean it that way. It just didn't come out right.

And nope! Breastfeeding is not a reason for gluttony. I know, cos I'm a nursing mother too. One feels so drained and hungry after each round of breastfeeding that you can eat a full goat. grin But, you've got to watch it.

You should also start working out. It doesn't matter what outsiders say about your figure. It doesn't matter how many guys make passes at you. What matters is that your hubby is not comfy with your tommy and you should be concerned.

Pele dear. Please don't feel so bad. I know how it can be when you're being blamed for "something he put you through".

She didn`t want the kid`s?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 22, 2015
mutter:
She didn`t want the kid`s?

I'm very sure you noticed its in quote. undecided

That is what many women in her situation say.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by mutter(f): 1:13pm On Jan 22, 2015
Phema:

I'm very sure you noticed its in quote. undecided

That is what many women in her situation say.

grin grin grin
Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 22, 2015
Phema,u r back?
Welcome.
U dint tell me that thing again

Forget mail. Can't access any.
Stylishly post it somewhere and beckon
Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by 5minsmadness: 1:39pm On Jan 22, 2015
Chai! Woman matter shaaaa! So you went to the kitchen to cry cos he said you eat like a thief! Loooool! And you have been carrying those words on your head meanwhile your husband doesn't even know it is so serious sef.
Women una wahala too much.
I haven't read the other comments but let me advice you before I see what others are saying.
For goodness sake approach your husband and tell him that thing he said that day pained you o. He will laugh or be shocked but at the end of the day he will apologise the way he does or playfully rebuke you for taking things so serious. He was just annoyed that you couldn't share the bread with him that day that's all! No turn ordinary matter into spiritual obstacle biko!

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 22, 2015
Op, breastfeeding sucks all they nutrients and energy in you . Just try and replace your gluttony by eating healthy meals and snacks.
Don't mind people crucifying you, if you reduce your intake you might decrease the quantity of supply for your baby, or might faint one day.

Instead of eating half loaf of bread, replace it with protein . Learn about healthy eating, go for a walk outside with your baby. Like that you reduce the contact you have with food.

You can also introduce baby formula, at least it will help you retain some energy for yourself.

Hang on there, your healthy baby is more important. It's just 6months, baby will relieve you of that duty by eating solids.

as for your husband, just ignore him. You know some men can nag. He never know how Hungar dey wire person

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

For The Single And Searching / How Women Behave In Pictures Before, During And After Their Menstrual Cycle. / Lady Goes Unclad While Fighting Another Woman In Public Over A Guy. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.