Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,790 members, 7,844,562 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong (8283 Views)

My Boyfriend Said I Should Buy Him Gucci Driver Shoes (screenshots) / Husband Said He Is No Longer Gonna Make Out With His Wife Cos The Vagina Is Lax / Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by 5minsmadness: 1:41pm On Jan 22, 2015
Mynd44:
When your husband says something that hurts you and makes you cry, cry to his face so he knows what his words mean.
Rubbish. Is she a child? Is that what you do?
Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by bukatyne(f): 1:46pm On Jan 22, 2015
mutter:
When I had one of my kid`s I put on allot of weight and was still in hospital. I asked my husband if he still liked me that way. He asked me if I thought he was a fool. I better loose that weight that I looked like a whale that had been stranded on Land angry
I busted out in tears and he tried to tell me it was a joke but he meant it.
He did me a favor because that is like an alarm bell that constantly rings in my head years later that I have to pay attention to my weight.
But that was hard especially from a man that hardly talks!

I think it is better that your husband tells you the truth than that, he goes behind your back looking for a woman that is more to his taste.
The fact that you are slim now is no excuse for you to have an unhealthy eating habit, breastfeeding is also not an excuse for gluttony.
You have two children congratulations! But when I complain about my weight my friends tell me, it is okay with the number of kid`s I have. But then is that written on my Forehead when you walk around! I have 2 Kid`s so I am allowed to be fat. grin

As to what you did! That is really ridiculous to say the least.
Your husband was probably not hungry but seeing you eating that bread, he got an appetite for the bread.
HE WANTED BREAD! and not something else.
So the 3/4 left over was not enough for him
You just wanted to hide it and eat it up all alone later. That was nasty of you.
IF you love your husband and he asks you for bread. You stop eating if it isn`t enough and give it to him.
That is what a woman that loves her husband would do. Even if he doesn't want to deprive you, you would insist that you have had enough

Hope you are not eating out of frustration or boredom. I know some women who have gotten terribly fat that way and they were all skinny before

Madam!

She said the bread was not OK and went ahead to make something else for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She was concerned about him; if the husband just had appetite for bread, he should have insisted that it's just bread I want and not wait till she was done cooking another meal.

Let's be fair

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by Mynd44: 1:46pm On Jan 22, 2015
5minsmadness:

Rubbish. Is she a child? Is that what you do?
*onlooks*
Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 22, 2015
moca:
Phema,u r back?
Welcome.
U dint tell me that thing again
Forget mail. Can't access any.
Stylishly post it somewhere and beckon

Thanks dear. I replied your PM, but didn't hear from you afterwards.

It will be nice if you can reach me, somehow, so i get some insight into the person's situation. wink
Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by cococandy(f): 2:11pm On Jan 22, 2015
Well your husband is not here to take correction or will you take the message to him that nairalanders say he should be gentler in his use of words and approach to issues? Well if you can, great.

As for your eating habit, pls don't let lactation turn you into a whale. You won't love yourself after.

I'm not a nursing mother but you need to see how my husband monitors what I eat and drags me to the gym with him all the time. Sometimes he's so hard on me and I feel resentful about it occasionally but then I remember he's only trying to help me and I say thank you to him.

He even Jokes about how he will pack out of our home for me to live alone if I turn into a fat lady.
Na joke o but inside I know it means a lot to him that I retain my shape, so I try.

Pls don't feel bad about what he's trying to do just next time let him know his approach made you feel bad about yourself.
Try to eat healthy too. reduce carbs and high calorie foods.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 22, 2015
ireneidiva:

You want a pity party right? You should be happy you married someone that tells you the truth. You may tell yourself now that you are still okay but if you continue to eat anyhow, you'll eventually be as fat as a cow. So you better watch what you eat and start working out.

why are people like this? Why the insult? It was totally out of place.
Someone comes to a public forum to share her story, fully stating her issues and what she needs information on; and the next thing to do is to hurl insults at her as if you have seen her before or knew her before she had her children. Haba! This is uncalled for. Just advice her and move on. She didn't say she needed a pity party. She was actually looking for a way to change her eating habit.

@OP, I had a baby 6 months ago, and my eating habit changed also. It happens. I am even pregnant again, and now it is worse. But you know what? I don't give a hoot. I am in a stage in my life when I will add weight. When the right time comes, I will shed the weight. The truth is that our body make-up is different, and the most important thing is to understand ourselves. I wouldn't say you should cut down on your food intake because your baby needs the nutrients, but try and reduce your intake of fatty foods and do light exercises. My dear, when the time comes, you will lose the weight. Love yourself for who you are, it is a great thing to be a mother!!!

9 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by angeldupe(f): 4:04pm On Jan 22, 2015
Chillisauce:
Op, breastfeeding sucks all they nutrients and energy in you . Just try and replace your gluttony by eating healthy meals and snacks.
Don't mind people crucifying you, if you reduce your intake you might decrease the quantity of supply for your baby, or might faint one day.

Instead of eating half loaf of bread, replace it with protein . Learn about healthy eating, go for a walk outside with your baby. Like that you reduce the contact you have with food.

You can also introduce baby formula, at least it will help you retain some energy for yourself.

Hang on there, your healthy baby is more important. It's just 6months, baby will relieve you of that duty by eating solids.

as for your husband, just ignore him. You know some men can nag. He never know how Hungar dey wire person

God bless you Chillisauce, best advise so far.
@op, pls don't try to diet now o. I am a nursing mother with similar experience but mine is the opposite. I told my hubby that I won't be eating everytime I am hungry so that I won't get fat. He warned me seriously that I must not do that now.
Please eat lot of vegetables and drink a lot of fluid.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by mutter(f): 4:05pm On Jan 22, 2015
Tiredwify:

Someone comes to a public forum to share her story, fully stating her issues and what she needs information on; and the next thing to do is to hurl insults at her as if you have seen her before or knew her before she had her children. Haba! This is uncalled for. Just advice her and move on. She didn't say she needed a pity party. She was actually looking for a way to change her eating habit.

@OP, I had a baby 6 months ago, and my eating habit changed also. It happens. I am even pregnant again, and now it is worse. But you know what? I don't give a hoot. I am in a stage in my life when I will add weight. When the right time comes, I will shed the weight. The truth is that our body make-up is different, and the most important thing is to understand ourselves. I wouldn't say you should cut down on your food intake because your baby needs the nutrients, but try and reduce your intake of fatty foods and do light exercises. My dear, when the time comes, you will lose the weight. Love yourself for who you are, it is a great thing to be a mother!!!

I agree when the time comes grin

That is why I still have some cloths I don`t fit into 20 years later!
When the time comes I will slim into them. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 22, 2015
mutter:
When I had one of my kid`s I put on allot of weight and was still in hospital. I asked my husband if he still liked me that way. He asked me if I thought he was a fool. I better loose that weight that I looked like a whale that had been stranded on Land angry
I busted out in tears and he tried to tell me it was a joke but he meant it.
He did me a favor because that is like an alarm bell that constantly rings in my head years later that I have to pay attention to my weight.
But that was hard especially from a man that hardly talks!

I think it is better that your husband tells you the truth than that, he goes behind your back looking for a woman that is more to his taste.
The fact that you are slim now is no excuse for you to have an unhealthy eating habit, breastfeeding is also not an excuse for gluttony.
You have two children congratulations! But when I complain about my weight my friends tell me, it is okay with the number of kid`s I have. But then is that written on my Forehead when you walk around! I have 2 Kid`s so I am allowed to be fat. grin

As to what you did! That is really ridiculous to say the least.
Your husband was probably not hungry but seeing you eating that bread, he got an appetite for the bread.
HE WANTED BREAD! and not something else.
So the 3/4 left over was not enough for him
You just wanted to hide it and eat it up all alone later. That was nasty of you.
IF you love your husband and he asks you for bread. You stop eating if it isn`t enough and give it to him.
That is what a woman that loves her husband would do. Even if he doesn't want to deprive you, you would insist that you have had enough.

Hope you are not eating out of frustration or boredom. I know some women who have gotten terribly fat that way and they were all skinny before

Immediately I read this post, I knew it was Mutter that posted it. Haba! I have read some of your previous posts on other threads and it seems as if you are "Ruth"...if you know what I mean. For the fact that you are a "Ruth" does not mean that every other woman must be a "Ruth". Haba! We sha have our lives before we got married. Why would all my thoughts and decisions be based on my husband's satisfaction, even at my detriment. I beg, forget o! Husbands are not gods. They are humans like us. We treat them with respect, yes! But not with "fear and trembling". Please if that is your way of life, kindly stick to it; but stop castigating other women for not reasoning like you.

7 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 22, 2015
mutter:

I agree when the time comes grin

That is why I still have some cloths I don`t fit into 20 years later!
When the time comes I will slim into them. grin grin

Hey Mutter, the right time? that is based on my calendar. The kind of person I am? I don't do things because others are doing it. I work with my plans. I have plans and I stick to them. I beg, free me with your sarcastic laughter.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by angeldupe(f): 4:11pm On Jan 22, 2015
Tiredwify:

Thank you jaree. Pls tell them ooooo.
Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 22, 2015
Name calling...

There is a guy here who was on a lady's case for calling her husband a "monster"

I think he will advise u best, his name is dinachi.
Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by angeldupe(f): 4:16pm On Jan 22, 2015
O kaare Oko mi Akanji,thanks for encouraging me to eat more.
10 gbosa for you

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by mutter(f): 4:21pm On Jan 22, 2015
Tiredwify:

Immediately I read this post, I knew it was Mutter that posted it. Haba! I have read some of your previous posts on other threads and it seems as if you are "Ruth"...if you know what I mean. For the fact that you are a "Ruth" does not mean that every other woman must be a "Ruth". Haba! We sha have our lives before we got married. Why would all my thoughts and decisions be based on my husband's satisfaction, even at my detriment. I beg, forget o! Husbands are not gods. They are humans like us. We treat them with respect, yes! But not with "fear and trembling". Please if that is your way of life, kindly stick to it; but stop castigating other women for not reasoning like you.

Please what has that got to do with it and as different a we are we all have some things in common.

- going down memory lane.
I remember as a kid if you did not want to share something with someone we would do like we are spitting on it and then say "take". The other person will reject it and someone close like your sister would say "give it to me still".
- I remember how we would share food in the village from a tray with other kids. That was much more fun than eating from your plate at home.
- i remember biting a sweet in two to share it with friends.
- sharing cabin biscuit and egg at school.

Life was all about sharing.
Sometimes i and my husband share things like a mango. You need to see the big argument on who took the bigger part and who is cheating who. That is the joy of sharing. That is part of the fun and joy of being in love.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by LordReed(m): 4:23pm On Jan 22, 2015
OP does not find it ironic that after being accused of eating like a thief she goes to the kitchen to find solace? Not the bedroom, not the bathroom but the kitchen. OP check yourself, you too like food. tongue

8 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 22, 2015
As long as you are not overweight, please eat well your baby needs it. If u decide to look like angelica and your baby suffers from under nourishment nko?....the same man will blame you for being a bad mother! Men have plenty issues o....but dont let it get to you.

You too....watch ur eating habit. If u see u are adding weight, cut down on carbs, eat more protein....and be a sexy classy momma!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by cococandy(f): 4:32pm On Jan 22, 2015
LordReed:
OP does not find it ironic that after being accused of eating like a thief she goes to the kitchen to find solace? Not the bedroom, not the bathroom but the kitchen. OP check yourself, you too like food. tongue
lol. grin
Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 22, 2015
mutter:

Please what has that got to do with it and as different a we are we all have some things in common.

- going down memory lane.
I remember as a kid if you did not want to share something with someone we would do like we are spitting on it and then say "take". The other person will reject it and someone close like your sister would say "give it to me still".
- I remember how we would share food in the village from a tray with other kids. That was much more fun than eating from your plate at home.
- i remember biting a sweet in two to share it with friends.
- sharing cabin biscuit and egg at school.

Life was all about sharing.
Sometimes i and my husband share things like a mango. You need to see the big argument on who took the bigger part and who is cheating who. That is the joy of sharing. That is part of the fun and joy of being in love.

I understand your story. I share too. In my house, we don't eat alone. My husband and I eat together. We share meat, fish, etc. Just like we practice, we share 3 pieces of meat...not that we cannot take four, but that has been the practice even while we were courting. Now, understand my drift, there are times that he eats two pieces of meat out of the three...I understand there and then that it is probably he likes the soup or he likes the type of "protein" I cooked; and there are times that I eat two out of three or even times when I eat like two while cooking and I give him one. He doesn't crucify me for it. That is how life should be. There are times that the partner might want to take it all, allow him/her, don't whine or crucify him or her. Haba! We've got one life to live jare.
Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 22, 2015
angeldupe:

God bless you Chillisauce, best advise so far.
@op, pls don't try to diet now o. I am a nursing mother with similar experience but mine is the opposite. I told my hubby that I won't be eating everytime I am hungry so that I won't get fat. He warned me seriously that I must not do that now.
Please eat lot of vegetables and drink a lot of fluid.

You are right. Lots of vegetable and lots and lots of fluid. That would maintain and make you not add too much weight on.

Fruits too helps.
Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by naijaboiy: 4:38pm On Jan 22, 2015
In this thread,,instead of them to advice you they'll leave the topic at hand and face your husband.

Others will tell you to leave your marriage.

undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 22, 2015
cococandy:
lol. grin

Make you dey laugh, you no no how e go be for you.

You can't control hormones. You can try but sometimes you just see yourself doing things you never envisaged
Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by thorpido(m): 4:40pm On Jan 22, 2015
Tiredwify:

I'm not sure about this.
As you get older,your metabolism slows down and the tendency to retain fat increases.Now is the time to keep the weight in check.The key is to eat healthy and cut down on high calorie and fatty foods.
That future that you speak about to shed the weight will be difficult except you are willing to do a 'crash' program.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by mutter(f): 4:41pm On Jan 22, 2015
Tiredwify:

I understand your story. I share too. In my house, we don't eat alone. My husband and I eat together. We share meat, fish, etc. Just like we practice, we share 3 pieces of meat...not that we cannot take four, but that has been the practice even while we were courting. Now, understand my drift, there are times that he eats two pieces of meat out of the three...I understand there and then that it is probably he likes the soup or he likes the type of "protein" I cooked; and there are times that I eat two out of three or even times when I eat like two while cooking and I give him one. He doesn't crucify me for it. That is how life should be. There are times that the partner might want to take it all, allow him/her, don't whine or crucify him or her. Haba! We've got one life to live jare.

The last tin of cashew nuts my husband opened, before he could get his drink the nuts were gone! sometimes I keep things in the house that are "just for me" and those are the things that everyone suddenly wants to eat!

However I think her case is differnet from yours. She has been pigging in! She could have given him a small share of the bread and then cooked him something else.
She admitted herself that her eating was excessive and it can be very irritating when someone pigs in.
Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by lilmax(m): 4:42pm On Jan 22, 2015
LordReed:
grin
Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 22, 2015
Eat like thief ke? Over bread kwa. Na wa oh, wetin food dey cause for here.
He had no right to call you that and abuse your body because of bread and you shouldn't have run off crying even though we all react differently.
Tell him not to talk to you so rudely next time, tell him politely and calmly when you are sober. Also check the scale dont be carried away what he says or he doesn't say or what people say. Use the net to calculate your body mass index, I am very sensitive about my body so I understand.

Talk to your husband, dont take any of the insults here to heart, weight is a sensitive issue and it affects the self esteem if one is insulted with it. Its different if a spouse lovingly tells you that you are adding weight and suggests how you both can work on it and its different when a spouse abuses you with weight because of common food. Shame on him for throwing childish tantrums over bread na so them dey do " head of home" when common bread will send you to tantrums and insult your spouse

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by cococandy(f): 4:45pm On Jan 22, 2015
Chillisauce:

Make you dey laugh, you no no how e go be for you.

You can't control hormones. You can try but sometimes you just see yourself doing things you never envisaged
i know jare but that comment was funny. cheesy
Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by cococandy(f): 4:47pm On Jan 22, 2015
naijaboiy:
In this thread,,instead of them to advice you they'll leave the topic at hand and face your husband.

Others will tell you to leave your marriage.

undecided
wetin dey worry this one undecided

9 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 22, 2015
cococandy:
i know jare but that comment was funny. cheesy

I will be here to laugh with you. When you see yourself stealing chicken from pot because you are so hungry that you could eat a cow.
For me, breastfeeding is worst than pregnancy.
pregnancy was like the food hanging on my throat but breastfeeding, it's like you are now on empty stomach as baby is out.

my dear, after 3 months, I jack formula give o. No be me wan die grin
Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by cococandy(f): 4:56pm On Jan 22, 2015
Chillisauce:

I will be here to laugh with you. When you see yourself stealing chicken from pot because you are so hungry that you could eat a cow.
pregnancy was like the food hanging on my throat but breastfeeding, it's like you are now on empty stomach as baby is out.

i do have the tendencies to gain weight in a short time when I eat carelessly so I will be on the alert. Thanks to healthy foods, I believe I can still fill up and not get obese.

Anyway until then my dear cos I can't really say how it will be but if you laugh at me ehn? me and you will put leg inside one trouser cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 22, 2015
Whats funny is that same people who will abuse you for eating to breas-tfeed will call you a bad mother if you don't breas-tfeed till your baby has all his/ her milk teeth.

Chillisauce:

Don't allow team " Breas-tfeed till forever " see this statement they will spring it on you one day and use it on a totally different post to abuse you
Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 22, 2015
cheesy That your husband get bad mouth. Chai.
If I may rephrase in yoruba, "wo bi oshey njeun bi ole".
Lol.
Re: My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 22, 2015
I can understand why you ran into hiding jare.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? / African Parents In Diaspora: How Do You Raise Your Children In African Way? / Why My Neighbours Think I Am A Yahoo Boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.