Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 - Education (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 (248085 Views)

NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 / NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences / Apply For Total E&P Undergraduate Scholarship 2015 For Nigerian Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by MacMaster01(m): 10:43pm On May 14, 2015
Ahumareze:

Do imo and edo get usually get higher cut off marks? If yes any idea why? I mean we have finished first degree are we not all meant to be on level playing field?

yh it's based on slots.. edo has quite a low numb of slots, while imo people are too smart lol, but rivers and akwaibom have a lot of slots that's y dey hv a lower cutoff.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 14, 2015
Ahumareze:

Do imo and edo get usually get higher cut off marks? If yes any idea why? I mean we have finished first degree are we not all meant to be on level playing field?

rate of oil production in ur area matters
Even specific local government have higher quota than others
Forget playing ground
Ko level kankan
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Ahumareze(f): 10:49pm On May 14, 2015
geobukky:

rate of oil production in ur area matters
Even specific local government have higher quota than others
Forget playing ground
Ko level kankan

i just wondered that means from the on set some states are already at a disadvantage. Hmm well doesnt seem fair but guess if it is by oil production then it cannot be helped.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by vechris10: 11:42pm On May 14, 2015
MacMaster01:

no news yet.. but the interview might be 1000 people not 2000.. I think it's a typo on punch.. cus for the last 3 years it's been 1000.

Anyway this is my guess on the cut off marks..
Abia 30
Akwaibom 25
Cross river 30
Imo 35
Rivers 25
Bayelsa 30
Delta 30
Edo 35
Ondo 30

Nb: I used the words "might" & "guess"
Considering what happened with the whole brainfriend saga. I suggest we just stop speculating. We might be in for another surprise lol.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by veevean1(f): 11:49pm On May 14, 2015
MacMaster01:

yh it's based on slots.. edo has quite a low numb of slots, while imo people are too smart lol, but rivers and akwaibom have a lot of slots that's y dey hv a lower cutoff.
grin
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by faith2ogesco(m): 8:03am On May 15, 2015
MacMaster01:

wetin i do again shocked shocked
ask me again..Veevean hafa na..
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by faith2ogesco(m): 8:05am On May 15, 2015
Ahumareze:

very simple..I schooled in IMO...dose dudes like SCHOOOOLLLL!!! shocked ..Oversabi dey worry dem.well am talking in population of educated pple.Those 2 areas are high..IMO esp
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by vechris10: 8:11am On May 15, 2015
faith2ogesco:
very simple..I schooled in IMO...dose dudes like SCHOOOOLLLL!!! shocked ..Oversabi dey worry dem.well am talking in population of educated pple.Those 2 areas are high..IMO esp
lol. Make dem calm down abeg. Make una no scare person.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by CHAIRMAN1(m): 11:00am On May 15, 2015
Any news? How many PHD's are sponsored per year? and how many per state. Anyone with this info should kindly share.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by faith2ogesco(m): 11:46am On May 15, 2015
vechris10:
lol. Make dem calm down abeg. Make una no scare person.
u from IMO shey grin
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by NA2008: 9:01pm On May 15, 2015
3,100 CANDIDATES COMPETE FOR NDDC SCHOLARSHIP

A total of 3,100 candidates of Niger Delta extraction out of about 6,000 that applied for the NDDC Foreign Scholarship Scheme have written an electronic examination.

The candidates consisting of persons for the Master and Doctorate Degrees were drilled in general science among others.

Speaking to newsmen at the Rivers State University of Science and Technology, ICT Centre, venue of the aptitude test, the Director, Education, Health and Social Services, Dr. Christy Atako explained that the choice of electronic examination was to enable the Commission shortlist the right candidates to be interviewed for the scholarship scheme.

"It is a transparent way of short-listing them, each candidate has opportunity to compete and then we would take the best", Mrs. Atako said, disclosing that several applications were received but only those who met the criteria were shortlisted for the computer based test.

On emphasis in the sciences, Dr. Atako said "you know we have a lot of gaps in our oil and gas sector, and that is what we desire in the Niger Delta region and Nigeria at large".

According to her, "we also need to encourage our youths to show interest in engineering for the sake of our projects. We need qualified engineers that can manage our projects just as in agriculture, environmental science and other science related courses".

"We believe that our children should have some exposure outside the country in addition to their studies to enable them learn from people of other nations in both lifestyle and academics", she said.

Speaking on behalf of the consultant, Mr. Asawo Ibituro emphasized that electronic examination breeds transparency. "There is no room for anybody to change your grade since your picture and details are in the system, after writing the examination your score is reflected immediately".

Some candidates who spoke to journalists, thanked NDDC for the electronic examination, pointing out that it was not only fair but gave the applicants equal opportunity to compete.
The Commission recently conducted similar electronic examinations for Engineers and Lawyers seeking employment into the NDDC.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 15, 2015

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by jeneyclub(f): 5:18pm On May 16, 2015
Scored 40, from Rivers state...Environmental assessment and management MSc
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Ahumareze(f): 7:26pm On May 16, 2015
jeneyclub:

I am also doing Envr Assessment and Mgt. What school do you intend to study in?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Azijo: 8:12pm On May 16, 2015
jeneyclub:
If this is the course u r going for, then prepare 2 defend it well coz frm experience, NDDC don't like hearing anything 'Management'.

2 Likes

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Ahumareze(f): 8:57pm On May 16, 2015
Azijo:

If this is the course u r going for, then prepare 2 defend it well coz frm experience, NDDC don't like hearing anything 'Management'.
is that not the reason for the interview? so you can defend ur choice of course?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by auroraborealis: 9:05pm On May 16, 2015
Ahumareze:

is that not the reason for the interview? so you can defend ur choice of course?

Hmmm.... please take heed to @azijo's advice

3 Likes

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Ahumareze(f): 9:12pm On May 16, 2015
Azijo:

read up this link. I think there is a misconception or misunderstanding to the word management
https://www.brighton.ac.uk/courses/study/environmental-assessment-and-management-msc-pgcert-pgdip.aspx
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Ahumareze(f): 9:14pm On May 16, 2015
auroraborealis:

Hmmm.... please take heed to @azijo's advice

like i said the interview is to defend what you chose right whether management or otherwise? I think you should be well prepared to defend any course you chose. Cause you do not know what may be asked
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by vechris10: 9:20pm On May 16, 2015
Azijo:

y is that? Is it that they will drill u more or what?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Azijo: 9:50pm On May 16, 2015
Ahumareze:

Hmmm.....i said NDDC guyz don't even want to hear the word 'management'. Wish they will even give u the chance to defend the 'management'. Last year, a friend of mine was thrown out harshly for puting in for MSc Subsea Engineering and Management at Newcastle Univ.
Wish u gud luck!!!
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Ahumareze(f): 10:00pm On May 16, 2015
Azijo:

Hmmm.....i said NDDC guyz don't even want to hear the word 'management'. Wish they will even give u the chance to defend the 'management'. Last year, a friend of mine was thrown out harshly for puting in for MSc Subsea Engineering and Management at Newcastle Univ.
Wish u gud luck!!!

We see. Since it is under envr sci. But God knows best so i leave it all to him
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Azijo: 10:17pm On May 16, 2015
Their only approved management course is Project Mgt.
What u submited during the application does not really matter. U can present a diff course or offer at the interview and will be interviewed on that; rather than leaving things up to chance.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Ahumareze(f): 10:28pm On May 16, 2015
Azijo:
Their only approved management course is Project Mgt.
What u submited during the application does not really matter. U can present a diff course or offer at the interview and will be interviewed on that; rather than leaving things up to chance.

I already have project management. I actually wanted to study occupational health and safety but i did nebosh igc already. I saw the modules covered by the course envr assessment and mgt it offers a wider range for knowledge and improvement. it still teaches abt HSE and i got a part scholarship from the school as well.

Like i said i leave it all to God, see what happens.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by youngelder(m): 10:40pm On May 16, 2015
just recwived invite for interview on 20th... Na Godwin
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Ahumareze(f): 10:41pm On May 16, 2015
youngelder:
congrats.

what state are you from and your score pls?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Dantidote: 10:45pm On May 16, 2015
youngelder:

mail or sms?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by icebot: 10:50pm On May 16, 2015
i just received a text message inviting me for an oral interview at Hotel Presidential on the 21st of May. I scored 42 in the aptitude test. Going for my PhD..
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by youngelder(m): 10:50pm On May 16, 2015
thanks... i.m frm akwa ibom. i scored 35. its sms.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by BobbyCreep: 10:51pm On May 16, 2015
I just received an invitation for oral interview
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by faith2ogesco(m): 10:53pm On May 16, 2015
Ahumareze:

I already have project management. I actually wanted to study occupational health and safety but i did nebosh igc already. I saw the modules covered by the course envr assessment and mgt it offers a wider range for knowledge and improvement. it still teaches abt HSE and i got a part scholarship from the school as well.

Like i said i leave it all to God, see what happens.
thank ur stars it ain't dat OSHE u put...na 10k u for jux go collect

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (86) (Reply)

Unilag pg 2014 Discussion / 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process / 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.