Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,189 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 - Education (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 (247908 Views)

NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 / NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences / Apply For Total E&P Undergraduate Scholarship 2015 For Nigerian Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Chujor: 7:59pm On May 30, 2015
vechris10:
one just laughed when I mentioned my course of study. Said 'oh ur my friend' n I knew I was in deep shit. N he went for the kill

Yea, they sent many peeps away cos of choice of courses. For instance, a guy did EEE as his 1st Degree, and had admission to study Agric Engr. In his MSc. He was sent back. All they wanted were peeps choosing courses related to their 1st Degree course.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by vechris10: 9:09pm On May 30, 2015
Chujor:

Yea, they sent many peeps away cos of choice of courses. For instance, a guy did EEE as his 1st Degree, and had admission to study Agric Engr. In his MSc. He was sent back. All they wanted was peeps choosing courses related to their 1st Degree course.
I wasnt sent away. Just meant either d man is a prof or lecturer in my area. So he was ready. The kind questions e hammer me sha. Those r not fresh anymore to me
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 5:39am On May 31, 2015
Just Thinking.
I'm not supporting the decrease in bicycle allowance or the outright suspension for some people. But if NDDC reduces the tp to 5k for people from other states, then maybe it was their plan all along to suspend it for people from Rivers.

Did anyone from Rivers get the 5k?

Secondly, we were told at last year predeparture briefing that the slots will be increased from 210 to 220, but this one I'm hearing 400, I hope it is true, that means even the state with the least allocation will get close to twenty going by last year allocation formula.

This aouraboreilis n his or her updates, and there is no mention anywhere of aoura participating in the interview. As I said before, This might just be one of the interviewer.
June 6th and then 400, this one na inside person, or - - -.

But even if it doesn't come by June 6th, there is still ample time btw now n August or September, in any case you can only start visa processing three months to your proposed departure date.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by MarineOfficer: 7:31am On May 31, 2015
Nuel1647:
Just Thinking.
I'm not supporting the decrease in bicycle allowance or the outright suspension for some people. But if NDDC reduces the tp to 5k for people from other states, then maybe it was their plan all along to suspend it for people from Rivers.

Secondly, we were told at last year predeparture briefing that the slots will be increased from 210 to 220, but this one I'm hearing 400, I hope it is true, that means even the state with the least allocation will get close to twenty [strong] going by last year allocation formula.[/strong]

This aouraboreilis n his or her updates, and there is no mention anywhere of aoura participating in the interview. As I said before, This might just be one of the interviewer.

But even if it doesn't come by June 6th, there is still ample time btw now n August or September, in any case you can only start visa processing three months to your proposed departure date.
What was the formula they used? And the slot for each state?
If this aoura is not just throwing figures arbitrarily, which I wonder why one shud indulge in such; then he must be an insider.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Gaily04(f): 10:55am On May 31, 2015
Nuel1647:
Just Thinking.

Secondly, we were told at last year predeparture briefing that the slots will be increased from 210 to 220, but this one I'm hearing 400, I hope it is true, that means even the state with the least allocation will get close to twenty going by last year allocation formula.

I'm from Rivers and got the 5k on friday
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by cabayes: 1:04pm On May 31, 2015
MarineOfficer:

If this aoura is not just throwing figures arbitrarily, which I wonder why one shud indulge in such; then he must be an insider.

insider or not one thing is certain that the 6th of June should be enough time estimated for them to compile the list and send out invites for the briefing.

My reason is based on what I was told during the interview that we should expect to hear from them 2 weeks after the interview. They intend to wrap it up by june and Its not going to be like last year.

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 31, 2015
I think am having nddc fever *shaking*...

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Bethiano(m): 3:22pm On May 31, 2015
Well!
Finally, I had my interview on saturday.

Met some Nairaland brothers and sisters, didn't know I made so much impact in the lives of people.
Guys, be cautious of your post, you are touching a soul somewhere.

Some persons said they were happy to meet me in person. I was humbled by their words. They made me feel so cool, thanks for the love. I will continue the good work.

No 5k was given, they said the money released has finished.
I don't want to waste my energy on the matter, but I must express my disappointment. I am tired of complaining about our system in this nation.
Well, I will trash this issue another time.

However, I met one thin guy like dat, with effiminate traits, wey just dey speak English dey jinger about the money, him dey talk say him dey disappointed in the youths of Niger delta, on how we Accept the story wey NDDC people yan for the matter! I just laugh the guy... Because if e reach to revolt, him go just walk like woman sneak out.
As for the money, have in mind that its not a statutory right, rather its a voluntary welfare package from NDDC.
Know that the budget for the transport allowance was done months ago, NDDc could not have envisaged the exact number that will pass the CBT.
However am not ruling out PDP tins... After all na their way. Some persons fit don pocket saturday ppl money.

So if u must attack the matter, pls do logically. With good reasoning. If you come from the angle of misappropriation that may make sense, although its subject to clarifications before a judge, as its only alleged.

On the process, what I will say is NDDC is still underperforming .

Geekeew, stanley, Atieme, emmanuel, chioma, and all others, its a pleasure. I bless saturday for meeting u guys.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 4:14pm On May 31, 2015
MarineOfficer:

Its is according to Oil Revenues derived From your State (not volume of oil produced, but oil revenue which depends on type of oil and volume). So also are contributions these states make to NDDC.

While Akwa Ibom has the highest, Bayelsa is actually the place to come from as they have a higher slots to local government ratio.

So the order is Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa, Ondo, Edo, Imo, Abia and Cross River.

last year, the top three had Forty Something, Bayelsa had Twenty Something, and the others between 15 to 10.

2 Likes

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by vechris10: 5:36pm On May 31, 2015
Nuel1647:

Its is according to Oil Revenues derived From your State (not volume of oil produced, but oil revenue which depends on type of oil and volume). So also are contributions these states make to NDDC.

While Akwa Ibom has the highest, Bayelsa is actually the place to come from as they have a higher slots to local government ratio.

So the order is Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa, Ondo, Edo, Imo, Abia and Cross River.

last year, the top three had Forty Something, Bayelsa had Twenty Something, and the others between 15 to 10.
All that dis one Na speculation. No one knows what will happen abeg. Let's just keep fingers crossed. N the hell people fussing about 5k. Am more concern about d questions asked n if I made it and people r still talking 5k. Abeg. Because they were giving abi people now think they r entitled to it. Have several seats n just be grateful that NDDC is giving all of us this opportunity! The audacity! D guys I was wit we were discussing questions n d interviewers not 5k. Please aurora any info. Drop some hints na wink
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 5:45pm On May 31, 2015
vechris10:
All that dis one Na speculation. No one knows what will happen abeg. Let's just keep fingers crossed. N the hell people fussing about 5k. Am more concern about d questions asked n if I made it and people r still talking 5k. Abeg. Because they were giving abi people now think they r entitled to it. Have several seats n just be grateful that NDDC is giving all of us this opportunity! The audacity! D guys I was wit we were discussing questions n d interviewers not 5k. Please aurora any info. Drop some hints na wink

I am not speculating. Check NDDC establishment act, for what states contribute, And I actually counted these numbers last year, just to be sure.

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by vechris10: 6:02pm On May 31, 2015
Nuel1647:

I am not speculating. Check NDDC establishment act, for what states contribute, And I actually counted these numbers last year, just to be sure.
I find hard to believe that ondo will have more than cross river. Sorry

2 Likes

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 8:55pm On May 31, 2015
vechris10:
I find hard to believe that ondo will have more than cross river. Sorry
Take Heart.
But Cross River is the reason why Akwa Ibom is Number One. All the Oil along their boundary, previously controlled by Cross River was given to Akwa Ibom by the Boundary Commission. This took Akwa Ibom from the 3rd to 1st and demoted Cross River From 5th to Last.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Scholasticus: 9:11pm On May 31, 2015
Nuel1647:

Take Heart.
But Cross River is the reason why Akwa Ibom is Number One. All the Oil along their boundary, previously controlled by Cross River was given to Akwa Ibom by the Boundary Commission. This took Akwa Ibom from the 3rd to 1st and demoted Cross River From 5th to Last.
Your factual bro....

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by vechris10: 9:51pm On May 31, 2015
Nuel1647:

Take Heart.
there's still no proof whatsoever that they will DAT criteria. U r just speculating. Shebi some people swore they would use brainfriend for test because they used it last year. We know how DAT ended up. So all ur saying r just ur own assumption based on last yr. Well dis is 2015. Don't make people panic let's watch n see
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by auroraborealis: 9:53pm On May 31, 2015
Nuel1647:

Take Heart.

Here comes some truth
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by vechris10: 10:00pm On May 31, 2015
Nuel1647:

Take Heart.
besides some even screamed that we should move on that they will never call us for interview again. They r done sending text. Abi no b me go interview on Saturday ni? So I can guarantee u DAT more surprises r in stock for us. So u never know...
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 31, 2015
Nuel1647:

Take Heart.
I hate to say it

That's what happened... And not only do that state quota tin happens...Even the LG that produces the Oil have more priority in the state ahead of other LGs....

In my state for instance people from the Oil producing LG had lower cut off for CBT... Why?? dy just have to be there and with relatively higher number of Representatives too wink it's dia area that is suffering all the hazards, it's a good time to be from....

3 Likes

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by diczo(m): 8:55am On Jun 01, 2015
@bethiano.This is Stanley. I learnt the Governor of Delta State actually called the and wanted to speak to the PIC but he declined.
He was even compelled to answer the call from the Governor by one of the directors he declined. He Got angry and stopped the interview. That boy was busy taking pictures.
Lets just keep our fingers crossed and be prayerful. #Godwin Finally. grin
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Bethiano(m): 9:35am On Jun 01, 2015
diczo:
@bethiano.This is Stanley. I learnt the Governor of Delta State actually called the and wanted to speak to the PIC but he declined.
He was even compelled to answer the call from the Governor by one of the directors he declined. He Got angry and stopped the interview. That boy was busy taking pictures.

Hmmmmmm! Let's watch and see... How you dey my guy! Check your whatsapp.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobleman4l(m): 12:01pm On Jun 01, 2015
Good mrn all. Any latest information? I guess they have rounded up the interview process now.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Gaily04(f): 12:26pm On Jun 01, 2015
What is the way forward since we are waiting to here from the management about the award letters? Are there financial implications when the letters come? So we can start saving for transport, visa charges e.t.c
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobleman4l(m): 12:47pm On Jun 01, 2015
Gaily04:
What is the way forward since we are waiting to here from the management about the award letters? Are there financial implications when the letters come? So we can start saving for transport, visa charges e.t.c

Of course you can start saving for transport, visa charges etc. NDDC is only giving you award letter, stipulating the amount. They will pay directly to your school's account and the balance will be given to you when you get to your school I think. That is y people look for cheaper schools so that they can have some substantial amount for their upkeep.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by regalregal2: 1:52pm On Jun 01, 2015
Guys are already processing visas: na wa o.

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobleman4l(m): 3:00pm On Jun 01, 2015
regalregal2:
Guys are already processing visas: na wa o.

With no letter?? Except the person has his own money to sponsor himself in his account or family and friends contributions.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Orokhe: 5:51pm On Jun 01, 2015
when are we expecting d outcome of other interview? any idea?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by ozara(m): 10:17pm On Jun 01, 2015
diczo:
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by blessedotiz: 5:56am On Jun 02, 2015
List of successful candidates will be completed on Thursday, expect to hear from NDDC if you are successful from next week.

3 Likes

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Ritaoj: 7:37am On Jun 02, 2015
Where do you guys get this info from?

blessedotiz:
List of successful candidates will be completed on Thursday, expect to hear from NDDC if you are successful from next week.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by cabayes: 9:16am On Jun 02, 2015
blessedotiz:

Thank for the info boss. Good luck to you in advance
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by blessedotiz: 10:49am On Jun 02, 2015
[quote author=Ritaoj post=34336737]Where do you guys get this info from?

From a Prof working with the MD of NDDC. They are fast tracking it. Let's all pray hard, I'm at NDDC head office now and I have understood from events I have witnessed that who you know might play a huge role in securing the scholarship. I don't know where the Delta State story originated from but be rest assured He wouldn't be calling the PIC he would call his state rep and director and it would be his PA making the call. Let's not be too naive about ongoing in Nigeria okay?

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (86) (Reply)

Unilag pg 2014 Discussion / 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process / 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.