Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,870 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Women Try And Control Your Tongues! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women Try And Control Your Tongues! (4626 Views)

Man Posed With His Little Daughter At The Beach And Got Tongues Wagging / This Just A Message To Parents On How They Use Their Tongues / To Women: If You Can't Control Your Mouth Don't Marry! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by 5minsmadness: 6:16pm On Jan 22, 2015
Let me start by saying there is no good excuse to hit a woman except in life threatening situations. They are the weaker vessels and kind of bruise easily so any man who strikes at a woman is a beast and not a real man.

Having said that, let us turn the searchlight for a few seconds on the womenfolk. The average female behavior is known for many things, one of them being having the tendency to be verbose/talkative. This unique talent can become terrible when the woman turns to using insultive words on her spouse/partner. A woman with an unbridled tongue can verbally abuse a man to committing suicide. This is not a joke, I have actually heard of a case of a woman who verbally abused her husband until he became discouraged and took his own life. If the man had struck her, he would have been labelled a beast and evil but it is possible he would still be alive by now.

But wait. You ask, if a person verbally abuses you, why not simply abuse the person back?

The answer is simple. The average man is a creature of few words and plenty action compared to his female counterpart. Words are the weapons of choice of women, just as fists are the weapons of choice for men. From early childhood development it is said that the female child has a highly developed language center from the male child who never ever really catches up. Girls generally learn to talk faster than boys and from then on they never really shut up. A grown woman is said on average to speak 13,000 to 20,000 words more than a man on any given day! So you can imagine the kind of word arsenal they have. When engaged in a verbal beatdown most males don't stand a chance.

Ladies, you know that euphoria you feel about your words? That feeling of satisfaction you get when you are the last person to talk in a quarrel?That's how we males feel about getting physical. Male testosterone levels are 16times higher than those of females. That means for instance that whatever anger you as a female is feeling we men feel that anger 16times more, and this is on the low level for most men, some can go even higher especially the hot-tempered types of males! Men are naturally physical creatures. That's why we love contact sports: football, baseball, basketball, rugby, ice hockey, boxing, wrestling, jujitsu, aikido, kung fu, war games etc etc etc. Most of the fun part of the games is not even the games but the argument that ensues from such games! We are always looking for a way to get physical. Men are built for war. We want to fight, we want to bleed, we want to conquer.

Now here is the thing. Men would much rather get physical with a lady sexually than brutally. When it comes to ladies, men are lovers, not fighters. However when a woman continually provokes a man with her harsh words, feeling free in using her weapon of choice, it is only logical for the man to respond with his weapon of choice as well. Men spend a large portion of their lives trying to control their inner urges. That is why men that behave well are called GENTLEmen, a man's civility is measured by his ability to control his temper in the face of provocation otherwise he is categorized as a neanderthal, a beast.

Words are hurtful. Even women know this. Words have driven many people to take their own lives like i stated earlier. Why would you a woman who claims to love her man then decide to provoke him continually with your words? A man is most of the time a culmination of his Ego/ his pride, why bruise it if you truly love him? If a woman continually provokes a man then expects the man to not respond to her provocation then she is a hypocrite. If the man should walk out on your verbal abuse then you are lucky to have a gentleman. If he doesnt, then you have a beast but remember you contributed in making him so.

The bible puts it perfectly on Proverbs 21:19
It is better to live in a desert land Than with a contentious and vexing woman.

Proverbs 21:9
Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife

Proverbs 25:24
It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman and in a wide house

A woman should be known for her lady-like attitude, for her decency and her kind words. A woman should be the water in the house and not the fire. She should be the glue that binds the family together and not the fiery-tongued serpent that tears the family apart. A woman's tongue should be a soothing balm on her husbands inner animal , and not the sting that drives the animal to madness.

Any man that raises his hand to hit his woman is a beast. True.
Any woman that provokes her man with her tongue should better know how to handle the beast.

[size=5pt](There. I have belled the cat. Wears crash helmet and prepares for the verbal abuse from the femalefolk)[/size]

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by elantraceey(f): 6:19pm On Jan 22, 2015
Ok we've heard but don't forget that most times we don't just talk because we feel like talking, there's always a cause.

4 Likes

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by 5minsmadness: 6:22pm On Jan 22, 2015
elantraceey:
Ok we've heard but don't forget that most times we don't just talk because we feel like talking, there's always a cause.
ok ma'm. Thanks for your kind words.
Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 22, 2015
It takes a lot of self control to tolerate some women tongue. Any man who can't take such should delay marriage a bit. God bless.

5 Likes

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by crackhaus: 6:57pm On Jan 22, 2015
The thing is a lot of women in the heat of an argument will talk just because they feel like it - a point that can be perfectly made in one sentence will be dragged out and laced with conjectures as well as unrelated issues.

A man argues with her word for word, he is being unmanly: if he responds physically, he is a beast: even when he ignores her and leaves her alone to her antics, he is being disrespectful, childish, and has no regard for her cheesycheesy

Self control isn't gender-specific.
A woman who can bridle her tongue is better than a man who can stay calm in the heat of confrontation.

14 Likes

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 22, 2015
5minsmadness:

1. Let me start by saying there is no excuse to hit a woman.

2. they are the weaker vessels and kind of bruise easily

3. so any man who strikes at a woman is a beast and not a real man.
1. Let's be careful with blanket statements here.

2. Physically weaker, you mean. Men may be weaker in the field of off-the-cuff verbal warfare; men's egos definitely are bruised easily.

3. Would this apply to men who strike othe men as well? Are they also beasts?

Meanwhile, women who get hit by their men after provoking them shouldn't take it personal. Men hardly engage in fights because they pick their fights wisely. You'd be hard-pressed to find a man mouthing off to a stronger dude because of the fear of getting their teeth kicked in. Let that same wisdom guide you grin

elantraceey:
Is it, then, safe to say that men don't hit unless there's a cause? wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by amokeme(f): 7:02pm On Jan 22, 2015
elantraceey:
Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 22, 2015
crackhaus:
The thing is a lot of women in the heat of an argument will talk just because they feel like it - a point that can be perfectly made in one sentence will be dragged out and laced with conjectures as well as unrelated issues.

A man argues with her word for word, he is being unmanly: if he responds physically, he is a beast: even when he ignores her and leaves her alone to her antics, he is being disrespectful, childish, and has no regard for her cheesycheesy

Self control isn't gender-specific.
A woman who can bridle her tongue is better than a man who can stay calm in the heat of confrontation.
Cracky, the day I introduced written arguments in my home was the day I understood what peace means. grin. When she comes and says we need to talk, I just go to the bookshelf and bring out 'Argument Book'. I tell her "just state the points baby, you know I can't write evrything," with the straightest face I can muster. Lobatan. Thank God for wisdom. grin

Arguing logical with a woman can be worse than pulling teeth.

5 Likes

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by lilmax(m): 7:18pm On Jan 22, 2015
Tired of this “any man that raises his hand to hit a woman is a beast“ but as for me i dont take nonsense

A woman with misplaced aggression should either sit down talk to her husband in a good manner or she should forget about it than pouring the anger on him,i dont think cases of abuse will arise if a woman learns to control her tongue or maybe when the husband is drunk,anytime a topic like “female abuse“ comes up all women will call him a beast and advice dirvorce without getting to know the cause but the solange and jay z thread was different

6 Likes

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 22, 2015
elantraceey:
one of the most popular quotes in every relationships cheesy
Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 22, 2015
elantraceey:
its a lie. women talk shamelessly even when there's no real cause. I was in an eatery one day when some ladies came in. ordered a bottle of coke each and sat opposite my table. these girls talked about everything starting frm account balance to spiritual husbands even when it was obvious I was listening to every word. tah

4 Likes

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 22, 2015
Lol. I'm loving ya threads, and slowly but surely, I'm starting to become ya fan.

That said, I think guys still need to exhibit measured response proportionate to whatever these chics do. Women are emotionally more fragile/vulnerable than men, so it is far easier to break them down, and send them into emotional coma, whenever they run their mouths. Most of them also have self-esteem issues.

So, basically, one thing I have learned is always to attack them back verbally whenever they cross the line. Don't get in a shouting match with them - just strike back when they least expect. It is fair game.

4 Likes

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by Emaprince: 8:07pm On Jan 22, 2015
My Godfather's wife told him "you will die before me".spat on his face and the man just walked out of her..smh..I witnessed this.
I know other women will call him a real man but meehhn,this is the height of it!!

Personally,I think the best treatment is silence..but the problem is that foolish women will still come out and call you childish as we have always seen in this nairaland..just give her the silent treatment and let her die inside on her own..its better than battering her.

2 Likes

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by jmoore(m): 8:41pm On Jan 22, 2015
Words can cause more damage than some people think.
The tongue is one part of the body that is difficult to tame.
Words can make one cry.
Words can pierce the soul and spirit.
Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 22, 2015
Except if the woman is outrightly troublesome ...

I feel women talk so much because they wanna be heard or understood in the process they lose it (self-control) i.e if they are not getting favourable response/reaction from the other party. So, sometimes that silent treatment isn't ideal @ that moment, neither is walking out or hitting her.

Ever wondered what it would be like not to talk and lighten your grief - consequently your heart? grin

As long as it's free of lewd remarks, I think it's okay to talk. I don't support using swear words, words are powerful.

Proverbs 12:4
An excellent wife is the crown of her husband, but she who brings shame is like rottenness in his bones.
embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 22, 2015
elantraceey:

The ability to refrain from talking/shouting no matter how angry is the major quality I look out for in a lady.

No matter how angry I am, I never talk. At least, not in that angry state. I expect same from my wife

2 Likes

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by cococandy(f): 9:15pm On Jan 22, 2015
Nairaland has shown me that some men talk more than women. So stop generalizing inugo?

6 Likes

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by BlackLeopard(m): 9:21pm On Jan 22, 2015
I hope no woman stops talking

On contrary from us guys they got centuries to tell and not the guy bullshit grin

(In case it isn't obvious yet, I'm poking fun round and entirely serious bout need to not silence *anyonez*)
Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 22, 2015
cococandy:
Nairaland has shown me that some men talk more than women. So stop generalizing inugo?

Most of those guys can barely string two sentences together outside nairaland

4 Likes

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by jnrbayano(m): 9:38pm On Jan 22, 2015
cococandy:

No one is generalizing. It's a known characteristics of women to talk, talk and talk.

Any woman who doesn't fall within that category must have learnt and mastered that art, self-control.

Nice thread Op.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by bukatyne(f): 9:39pm On Jan 22, 2015
Some women jamtalk, true; but to say men do not verbally abuse women or only go physical when verbally abused must be a joke.

Both women & men are capable of verbally abusing their spouses. Check NL to see wives complaints of verbal abuse amongst others.

And men who beat their wives do not keep mute.

1 Like

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by cococandy(f): 10:46pm On Jan 22, 2015
jnrbayano:

No one is generalizing. It's a known characteristics of women to talk, talk and talk.

Any woman who doesn't fall within that category must have learnt and mastered that art, self-control.

Nice thread Op.
well I don't talk too much and I didn't master self control over it because I've been that way all my life.
The longest conversations I ever had in my life was on nairaland.

So what say ye?
Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by cococandy(f): 10:47pm On Jan 22, 2015
rationalmind:

Most of those guys can barely string two sentences together outside nairaland
possibly

1 Like

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by beau49: 10:56pm On Jan 22, 2015
Lol@wears crash helmet....

I do agree that SOME women's mouth are weapon of destruction when not controlled,not just women as a matter of fact....seen more than enough cases to come to that conclusion.

I remember when I was little,about 10 or so,we had a neighbour who also happens to be a family friend. He had a wife,whom at any little action or provocation would rain insults on the man followed by a long hiss(es) regardless of whether or not people were present even in front of us kids. Felt pity for the man cause he had friends who could tease the pants off a person. Tried as much as possible avoid going to their place whenever they were both around because I knew for sure he would get insults before I leave. Until the day the man got angry,can't say for sure what she did that day but the man beat her blue black(which I think people allowed him to do before going to separate them). This kept her cool for a while until she resumed.

We as humans not just women need to restrain our tongues,it would save us from a whole lot of trouble and beatings.

Sometimes when people hear about a person being beaten physically,they scream 'get out of that environment its not safe','what if he/she kills you?' etc but rarely hear the same when the abuse is done by mouth. To me this is as worse as being physical cause not only does it kills and very slowly at that but it can very much scar someone for life to the extent of it disrupting the person's life. So I believe if you can't handle it,your best bet is to leave that environment.

I am not in support of abuse be it physical,emotional or any other form.

P.S ignore any errors,my attention is divided.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by jnrbayano(m): 12:02am On Jan 23, 2015
cococandy:
well I don't talk too much and I didn't master self control over it because I've been that way all my life.
The longest conversations I ever had in my life was on nairaland.

So what say ye?

Learning started from the womb. It's obvious that you've got some taciturn traits from your parents plus the learning which took place in that environment you grew up in.
Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by cococandy(f): 12:09am On Jan 23, 2015
jnrbayano:

Learning started from the womb. It's obvious that you've got some taciturn traits from your parents plus the learning which took place in the environment you grew up in.
hmm. Let me believe you
Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by elantraceey(f): 12:26am On Jan 23, 2015
rationalmind:

The ability to refrain from talking/shouting no matter how angry is the major quality I look out for in a lady.

No matter how angry I am, I never talk. At least, not in that angry state. I expect same from my wife

Well i talk when i'm angry but i don't result to shouting or trowing insults , i can't be very quiet and too reserved at times but if you want to know some shocking things i feel about you just ask me when i'm angry but i'm hardly ever angry smiley

1 Like

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by elantraceey(f): 12:27am On Jan 23, 2015
lofty900:
its a lie. women talk shamelessly even when there's no real cause. I was in an eatery one day when some ladies came in. ordered a bottle of coke each and sat opposite my table. these girls talked about everything starting frm account balance to spiritual husbands even when it was obvious I was listening to every word. tah

Not every woman undecided
Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by beau49: 1:04am On Jan 23, 2015
Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by Nobody: 1:59am On Jan 23, 2015
I believe a lot of women are hypocrites. I've met a couple of ladies who enjoy talking to ppl anyhow in d name of being blunt. But day can even handle a little bluntness from ppl. Wot hypocrites.

As for women dat dont respect dia husbands and talk to dia husbands anyhow with little or no consideration for his ego, and still remain in dat house, day ought to give glory to God cos not all men will take dat.

1 Like

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by dinachi(m): 6:38am On Jan 23, 2015
My rule is simple. Both the woman who verbally abuses the husband and the husband who physically abuses the wife are EQUALLY guilty. If the man is a beast for physically abusing the wife, then the wife is also a beast for verbally abusing the husband.
Truth is most women are against adding the verbal abuse clause in the laws against spousal abuse because they are very guilty of this evil!.
Most times verbal abuse have a more long lasting effect than physical abuse.

6 Likes

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by NickiRoman: 7:14am On Jan 23, 2015
The generalization on this thread is appalling, Not all women talk alot.I know more men than women who nag like there's no tomorrow.The saying that women talk a lot is just a myth.

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

dalu / Should My Wife Be My Next Of Kin? / My Wife Does Not Want To Bear My Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.