Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,212 members, 7,815,233 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? (6723 Views)

How Did The Races Originate? / Where Did Cain Get His Wife? / Where Did Cain Got His Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Ovamboland(m): 11:38am On Dec 23, 2008
This question always intrigue me whenever i consider it. It has made it difficult for me to accept the Genesis creation account as literal.
It seems more symbolic that a factual blow by blow account of human creation as it actually happened.

Read Genesis 4: 1 - 17 from here, i am not clear of the land of Nod and it's founder and how Cain's wife came to be. Was there more than one creation? or were there another group of people on earth before Adam and Eve were created?

Your honest answers to these questions are most welcome to help throw more light on the creation account.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by KunleOshob(m): 3:55pm On Dec 23, 2008
In my opinion, i think other people were created apart from Adam and Eve. One thing is certain though the creation account given in genesis is not exhuastive.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Ovamboland(m): 4:01pm On Dec 23, 2008
Thank you Kunle for the bold take on,

however, is there any Bible verse you can reference to make you arrive at this possibility?
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by KunleOshob(m): 4:43pm On Dec 23, 2008
There are other books that give a more complete version of the creation story than genesis, however they were not included in the bible and i am not certain myself that they are authentic but the stories i read there seems to compliment the genesis account. i would check around if i can find anything on them and post it here.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by olabowale(m): 5:32pm On Dec 23, 2008
@KunleOshob: Have you referenced the Islamic Books; Qur'aan and Sunnah and the story of Adam from the book titled, the story of the Prophets?

You will see that Eve is closer to Adam than Adam and Eve's children. If Adam and Eve can marry, then there is no reason that can be given to prevent the Children from marrying from their own siblings. So your suggestion that there was another set of humans separate and apart from Adam and his wife and their children truly amount to disbelief!

Today, cousins can still marry each other, which is just a generation weaker from Siblings.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by GL(f): 4:04am On Dec 24, 2008
i've often wondered so myself. but i read somewhere that nod means 'wandering' so he went to the land of wandering. and that his wife must have been either his sister or niece. adam and eve had many other kids after cain and abel, though the bible talks about only those 2 and seth.

abraham also married his half-sister but this was before God gave the law to moses prohibiting such
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Kuns: 4:08am On Dec 24, 2008
But the Bible never mention the other female children, even though you are right here.

This information is buried in other scriptures (books).

Also who were the people living in the land of Nod? And who named the Land (place) Nod (in Hebrew Nuwd pronounced nude)?
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by GL(f): 4:13am On Dec 24, 2008
it is possible dat while writing the story of Genesis, Moses wrote in Aramaic (or whateva language) that Cain travelled to the land of Wandering, or maybe one of Adams children travelled and set up his abode in that place, if it was inhabited it must have been Adam's offspring cos they were the only humans. the bible refers to Eve as the mother of all living
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Kuns: 4:18am On Dec 24, 2008
No,  it was not Adam's Children the (kadmonites) lives in the land of Nuwd. The was inhabited by disagreeable being, the spirit of the Most High Never goes (visits) the land of Nod, Nuwd.

The Hindus who were dark skinned people with goat like straight hair also resided in the land of Nod. You see, by the time Zakar (remember-er) who was an Adam "of the reddish brown ground," and Nekaybaw (Eve tribal leader) who was Hawwah "the mother of all living" were bred, many beings had come from different galaxies and constellations to Tiamat. These beings were agreeable and disagreeable.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by GL(f): 4:21am On Dec 24, 2008
that's interesting Kuns, the bible doesnt say anything about agreeable and disagreeable spirits
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Kuns: 4:27am On Dec 24, 2008
I know,  this is because the bible was re-translated from other preceding dialects or languages, that were themselves translated from other cultures and languages.

In the bible agreeable and disagreeable beings became good and evil. This is where they get the God and devil concept from.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by GL(f): 4:41am On Dec 24, 2008
hmm, what's the version u quoted?
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Kuns: 4:42am On Dec 24, 2008
Genesis chapter 1 to 7 was plagarised from the Enuma Elish.

Another inconsistence is in Genesis 4: 14 where Cain was worried about some people killing him.

Genesis 4: 14

I quote in part " Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me."

Who is the "every one" Cain is refering to here? If God only created Adam and Eve and Eve give birth to Cain and Abel?

Cain kills Abel so that leaves just Cain? Do you follow?

@ALL,

So who were the "every one" cain was refering to here?
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Kuns: 4:43am On Dec 24, 2008
The King James Version
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Ovamboland(m): 9:59am On Dec 24, 2008
Can we then safely conclude that Adam was not the first man created or there wee other creations?

Or if Cain married his sister, why is the Bible silent about it? And what drove the sister to the land of Nod? was she searching for Cain or was she already in Nod before him.

If the creation story is the exact word of God as taught to us in church ther should answers to these questions clear and concise.
Or else would this not lend credence to those people who doubt the creation story as the exact way humans appeared on earth
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Kuns: 10:48am On Dec 24, 2008
@Ovamboland

Can we then safely conclude that Adam was not the first man created or there wee other creations?

Or if Cain married his sister, why is the Bible silent about it? And what drove the sister to the land of Nod? was she searching for Cain or was she already in Nod before him.

If the creation story is the exact word of God as taught to us in church ther should answers to these questions clear and concise.
Or else would this not lend credence to those people who doubt the creation story as the exact way humans appeared on earth

Question: Can we then safely conclude that Adam was not the first man created or there were other creations?

Answer: Correct, absolutely. There have been many creation events since existence began. The bible grabs this precept in genesis 1: 28 and I quote in parts " Be fruitful, and multiply, and re[/b]plenish the earth," This was when God alledgedly first created Adam and Eve.

[b]Definitions of replenish on the Web:

fill something that had previously been emptied; "refill my glass, please"
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

To refill; to renew; to supply again or to add a fresh quantity; To fill
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/replenish

replenishment - refilling: filling again by supplying what has been used up
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

replenishment - The act of replenishing; A new supply of something
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/replenishment

The syllable Re mean to do again as in Re-sit, Return, Revisit etc, etc you follow?

So this mean that there were some people there or here before the Adam and Eve creation story which Jewish and european professors (people who profess to know) and scholars say was 6000 thousand years ago.

Additionally, the bible given another instance of a replenishment of the earth during the time of Noah.

Genesis 9: 1 and I quote "And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth."

Again we see the word replenish meaning to refill after the flood that alledgedly destroyed and killed all the inhabitant of the world.

Question:  if Cain married his sister, why is the Bible silent about it? And what drove the sister to the land of Nod? was she searching for Cain or was she already in Nod before him.

Answer: The would justify incense, and the bible writer's wouldn't openly want to do this, however, they did it in Ex 6:20 and I quote in parts "And Amram took him Jochebed his father's sister to wife"

He married his father's sister. That's incense, right there, but hidden. They don't what to promote that openly, it will affect their country on moral standards and values bases. Considering this was taboo in Ganawa (West and eastern Sudan at the time falsely called Africa today) who they had to colonize and subdue.

You know of lot daughter's and Lot commiting and incence act, but they don't mention that. And that's in the word of God as they say in the world today.

Cain took his twin sister with him. He also had other wives when he lived in Nod / Nuwd (pronounced Nud).

Question: If the creation story is the exact word of God as taught to us in church ther should answers to these questions clear and concise.

Answer: I think you answered that part already.

Your story our story my story (mystery) is pre-history (before his-story). Homo erectus appeared on the planet 76, 000, 000, 000 billion years ago, as energy / matter and light beings in the spiritual and mental planes. Before manifesting as the ogdoads. 27, 000 000 000 million years ago.

Humans have had three set of creation from involution (original creation) to evolution (Secondary and teritary creation). I'll keep it simple because many of these terms may be new to you.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Ovamboland(m): 11:35am On Dec 24, 2008
But we are made to understand from the new testament that through one man (Adam), sin entered the world necessiting the coming of Christ to atone for this sin and bring us back to the Father.

Were the other human being on earth sinless? were they also in another garden apart from Eden? or was it only Adam and Eve that were placed in special garden? Were the other humans already tilling the soil for food and having birth pains as promised to Eve for commiting sin?

Those humans from where Cain must have married, how did they become sinful?
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Bastage: 11:47am On Dec 24, 2008

Here is the Enuma Elish myth that Genesis was lifted from:
http://www.cresourcei.org/enumaelish.html

And a quick overview:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enuma_Elish

As to where Cain's wife came from? It's a perplexing question if you take the Bible account literally. If God created only Adam and then from his rib Eve, but then created no other human beings, a third generation could only be the result of incest.

Correct, absolutely. There have been many creation events since existence began. The bible grabs this precept in genesis 1: 28 and I quote in parts " Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth,"

There has been debate over the word "replenish". It is undoubtedly the correct translation from the Hebrew but the context you have used it in would seem to be incorrect. You've posted a modern dictionary definition, but the word has changed in subtle ways over the course of history (just as many others have). Replenish in this case probably means to "repeatedly fill".
1:28 reads "Be fruitful, multiply and repeatedly fill the Earth".

It is highly doubtful that it refers to any other creation other than the one that Genesis describes.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by GL(f): 12:41pm On Dec 24, 2008
the bible didn't explain exactly how everything happened so the best we can do is speculate, it's possible that Cain got married before going to Nod, and while he was there they conceived their kids, since the bible's mention of his wife was that he knew his wife in Nod, and the bible uses the word to imply impregnation. or it is possible that he met her there and she was one of his nieces or sisters.

we don't know how old adam was when cain and abel were born but he was 103 when seth was born. and eve saw seth as a replacement for abel even though she had other kids so she probably had him soon after abel's death. considering adam was never a baby, he could have given birth to cain and abel right after being expelled from eden. and many more kids in between then and the birth of seth. these kids could have gone around and started their own small communities by marrying from among themselves and having kids.

incest wasn't a sin then, God hadn't given the law. and if God created only 2 people and told them to replenish the earth obviously he expected inbreeding amongst their offspring. also, they must have been very fertile back then and they probably started mating very early. obviously they had much longer reproductive years than we do. so in almost 100 years till Seth was born Adam could have had loads and loads of kids (considering God who gives children wanted them to replenish) and these children could have had even more and more children.

concerning the people Cain was scared of, it is possible that they were another community, of his siblings and relatives. obviously adam and eve must have had loads of other kids. so it wasn't a world of only the 2 parents and 2 sons.

i know there are lots of other non-biblical explanations about how human beings came to fill up the earth. but if you are talking about the bible's version, it doesn't give exact details about it so we can only speculate. well, at least for people who take the bible literally.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Kuns: 1:02pm On Dec 24, 2008
@Ovamboland

Were the other human being on earth sinless? were they also in another garden apart from Eden? or was it only Adam and Eve that were placed in special garden? Were the other humans already tilling the soil for food and having birth pains as promised to Eve for commiting sin?

Those humans from where Cain must have married, how did they become sinful?

I have put this in Question and Answer Series to aid in Objectively handling the question?

Question 1: Were the other human being on earth sinless?

Answer What we must [b]over[/b]stand (as oppose to under, as in overview) is that the term "Sin" came with religion.

In the Ancient Cultures that birthed the Ancient Egiptian Culture namely the Sumerian (also known as Lermaira or Mu) and atlantis for example and the african cultures that emerged from these highly advanced civilisations i.e. Yoruba, Igbo, Dogon of Mali, Pgymies (of Congo and Uganda) there was the law of duality positive and negative, male and female, agreeable and disagreeable, not the law of sin.

The coloniziers (invaders or better still the Miss[/b]ion-aries) had to get the original descendant of these great culture away from their way of live because it was rooted in force and the force of nature.

So they used (taught) and drilled it into the African's to repent from their Sins, using the law of sin, where you sin if you do this or that, but that was the law of (moses or Thutmose) which we gave to them because when they came into our land Tamare (Africa today) they were causing all sorts of devilishment. This was in tamare (Egipt/ Africa).

That why you find homosexuality commandments in the law of Moses (Tehuti). It was when we as a people started mixing with the Canaanites (Cauasians) that we started doing that, like some black people do today.

Also see Leviticus 18 : 22 and I quote " Thou shalt [b]not lie with mankind
, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Canaanites do this a lot, because they let their sleep on their bed. I in five people in London have have intercourse with their dogs.

Leviticus 18 : 23
23: Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion. "

In africa, the dog lives outside, we don't follow them around and treat them like family memnbers.

Exodus 11 : 7 and I quote ": But against any of the children of Israel shall not a dog move his tongue, against man or beast: that ye may know how that the LORD doth put a difference between the Egyptians and Israel. "

We don't kiss and lick our dogs tongue in Africa, this is something the Canaanites (Cau[b]asians[/b] )did and still do, not us?

This law of sin originate from Sin Nana who was  Enki's wife in Sumeria. Sin Nana ruler with the Law of Sin to control. She was a disagreeable Annunagi. 

Today, Our greatest SIN is to look for God outside of ourself.

Worshipping others is our major sin of today, being out of tune with nature and what nature design for us.

Question: were they also in another garden apart from Eden? or was it only Adam and Eve that were placed in special garden?

Answer: Adamic (Atumite) is the first language after the reconstruction of the Earth, 2,250,000 years ago. This language is a dialect of Cuneiform which was spoken by the people of Ptah and his wife Anath, the rulers of the Pygmy tribe. The Pygmy tribe was known as the Ptahites.

They are also known as the ancient or original Cushites. During this time in Gan (the enclosed garden), known as Arabia today.

This Garden was not just a little piece of land. African today is another Eden. Because everthing is there in terms of resource, oil, gold, copper (cable and electrical wires, and pipes for plumbing), titinium, Cobalt (used in electronic circuitary), Zine, rich in all sorts of produces I can go on an on and on why africa (the best land with mineral content in the wholwe world) is a eden of Eden.

Everyone else knows it except us our people, that's why you have Germans (man of Germ), Indian (Hindu), Chinese, Lebanese, Bulgarian, Polishish, English,Euro America everyone is in Nigeria and africa. what you think they come to help us?

No, they come to help themselves to the things that we have in our Eden. Religious estabishment initiated by the Colonialist has been used to pacifify (dumb us down with believe) us while this as carried on over the centuries.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 24, 2008
Quote from olabowale.
Have you referenced the Islamic Books; Qur'aan and Sunnah and the story of Adam from the book titled, the story of the Prophets?

You will see that Eve is closer to Adam than Adam and Eve's children. If Adam and Eve can marry, then there is no reason that can be given to prevent the Children from marrying from their own siblings. So your suggestion that there was another set of humans separate and apart from Adam and his wife and their children truly amount to disbelief!

Today, cousins can still marry each other, which is just a generation weaker from Siblings.

Just when I was beginning to get bored with you religious praise jesus, allahu akbar people, you come with this classic!! grin
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Kuns: 1:03pm On Dec 26, 2008
Who named Nod?

Who was already living in Nuwd (Pronounced Nud)?

Why was Cain banish to the land of Nud? Why was it called Nud (Nod)?
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Ovamboland(m): 10:28am On Jan 05, 2009
I am still not getting a clear picture of what to believe about the creation story, is it plausible or just plain fiction, or plagiarism as some posters suggested
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 05, 2009
Ovamboland:

I am still not getting a clear picture of what to believe about the creation story, is it plausible or just plain fiction, or plagiarism as some posters suggested

In both Enuma Elish and Genesis, creation is an act of divine speech—the Enuma Elish describes pre-creation as a time "when above, the heavens had not been named, and below the earth had not been called by name", while in Genesis each act of divine creation is introduced with the formula: "And God said, let there be, ". The sequence of creation is identical: light, firmament, dry land, luminaries, and man. In both Enuma Elish and Genesis the primordial world is formless and empty (the tohu wa bohu of Genesis 1:2), the only existing thing the watery abyss which exists prior to creation (Tiamat in the Enuma Elish, tehom, the "deep", a linguistic cognate of tiamat, in Genesis 1:2). In both, the firmament, conceived as a solid inverted bowl, is created in the midst of the primeval waters to separate the heavens from the earth (Genesis 1:6–7, Enuma Elish 4:137–40). Day and night precede the creation of the luminous bodies (Gen. 1:5, 8, 13, and 14ff.; Enuma Elish 1:38), whose function is to yield light and regulate time (Gen. 1:14; Enuma Elish 5:12–13). In Enuma Elish, the gods consult before creating man (Enuma Elish 6:4), while Genesis has: "Let us make man in our own image, " (Genesis 1:26) – and in both, the creation of man is followed by divine rest. "Thus, it appears that the so-called Priestly Source account echoes this earlier Mesopotamian story of creation."

Enuma Elish = Christian Creation story. grin
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by PreciousG1(m): 7:42am On Jan 06, 2009
Be careful what you read and what you write.

Telling us that the creation story of Genesis is not complete/correct is
like saying the Bible is not complete/correct.

If anybody is saying there were other HUMANS already on earth before
the creation of Adam and Eve, then the person is indirectly saying that
the earth was not created by GOD in seven days during which the man
Adam was also created.

Please read your Bible. Agreed, there are other books written by prophets
of God that are not in the Bible. God caused the ones in the Bible to be
recorded for our edification. Everything a christain needs is recorded in
the Bible. Do not be deceived.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Ovamboland(m): 8:25am On Jan 06, 2009
Good day Precious G,

Please can you make refrence to the Bible book and verses that answers who Cain married and how she came to be.

I don't want to be deceived that's why am asking this question. I also believe that God cannot do a shoddy job and the answers must be lurking in there somewhere.

Thanks
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 06, 2009
[quote author=Precious G link=topic=210801.msg3308209#msg3308209 date=1231224157]
[b]Be careful what you read and what you write.

Telling us that the creation story of Genesis is not complete/correct is
like saying the Bible is not complete/correct.

If anybody is saying there were other HUMANS already on earth before
the creation of Adam and Eve, then the person is indirectly saying that
the earth was not created by GOD in seven days during which the man
Adam was also created.

Please read your Bible. Agreed, there are other books written by prophets
of God that are not in the Bible. God caused the ones in the Bible to be
recorded for our edification. Everything a christain needs is recorded in
the Bible. Do not be deceived.
[quote][/quote][/b]

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, Ignorance is bliss!! grin
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Bobbyaf(m): 4:25pm On Jan 07, 2009
Well, let me see. From my understanding Cain married one of his sisters. The Genesis accounts were not written in time gaps to account for detailed events, and neither were the events placed in any particular order. So in reading the Genesis account it is easy to want to speculate. Its only human.

I believe that Adam and Eve were the first parents, and if that were the case, then Cain could only have found a wife later on in time when he met up with one of his sisters. Chapter 5:4 says that Adam and Eve continued to have sons and daughters.

Now if we look at chapter 4:16 we read thus, "And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, ", If we notice the verse doesn't really tell us when exactly, and it also didn't say whether or not he left with his wife, or whether or not he was married. As far as he having to leave God's presence It could have been a year after, or 10 years after. People lived rather long then.

Again if we look at chapter 4:17, we find, "And Cain knew his wife, and she conceived, " Notice it didn't say he found his wife. The word "knew" in bible terms means "had sexual intercourse with"

So speculation is common place when it comes to the book of Genesis. Christians view the bible differently than non-Christians. As a Christian I have every confidence in God's word. I may not understand everything at once, but in time I will.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by mnwankwo(m): 6:22pm On Jan 07, 2009
@Poster

It is improbable for the entire human population to have decended from a single male and a single female. First, if the first man and woman were genetically identical except in the sex chromosomes, then reproduction between them and then their children, will in few generations came to a halt as homogeneity in the gene pool favours the reproduction of recessive traits which are often deleterious. Even if we assume that this first man and woman have perfect genes at the time they were created, mutation would have been introduced as a mark of adaptation and some of those mutations are likely to be harmful. Besides, heterogeneity in gene pool is a requirement for the successful propagation of any species including man. Once inbreeding is introduced, such a specie will slowly but surely become extinct. Inbreeding is a genetically flawed process and for God who is omniscience to use inbreeding for the propagation of the human specie contradicts the very notion of omniscience. In addition, a homogenous gene pool cannot account for the diversity presently observed in the human population as is evident in the various races on earth. Neither can such a diversity be explained by the occurence of mutations accross time. It is more likely that God created a heterogenous gene pool from which evolved the genetic diversity of the human population. Thus I am of the view that the first batch of humans that God created was not a single man or woman but several men and women. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Image123(m): 6:49pm On Jan 07, 2009
See someone talking of mutation and gene pool as if he didn't read it in some revised textbook.How can you draw conclusions from such probability?
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by mnwankwo(m): 7:23pm On Jan 07, 2009
Image123:

See someone talking of mutation and gene pool as if he didn't read it in some revised textbook.How can you draw conclusions from such probability?

I stated my views on the topic and you are welcome to dispute them. Labelling my submission as what I read from "some revised textbook" is not a counter argument. Provide counter genetic argument to my submission and then we will debate. Cheers

1 Like

Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by plcgroup: 7:26pm On Jan 07, 2009
From Northern part of Gaza. Read Genesis Chapter 2.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Islamophobia And The Hypocrisy Of Christianity / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: The Divinity Of Jesus / Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.