Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

World oldest primary school pupil (photos ) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / World oldest primary school pupil (photos ) (2003 Views)

A Pupil Was Asked To Name 3 Animals That Move At Night. See The Answer / A Teacher Beats And Wounds A Pupil (photos) / Mohammud Modibbo Dies (Nigeria's Oldest School Pupil) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World oldest primary school pupil (photos ) by Henrybright(m): 12:12pm On Jan 23, 2015
A 90-year-old Kenyan woman who goes to class with six of her great-great- grandchildren is believed to be the oldest primary school pupil in the world. Sitting at the front of class four in her school uniform, Priscilla Sitienei listens intently while she writes the English names of animals in her notebook. She joined Leaders Vision Preparatory School five years ago and has also served her village of Ndalat in the Rift Valley as a midwife for the last 65 years. In fact, she has helped deliver some of her own classmates, who are aged between 10 and 14. I want to say to the children of the world, especially girls, that education will be your wealth” Priscilla “Gogo” Sitienei Affectionately known as “Gogo”, which means grandmother in the local Kalenjin language, she says at 90 she is finally learning to read and write – an opportunity she never had as a child. More comfortable speaking in Kalenjin than English, she explains why she wanted to return to school. “I’d like to be able to read the Bible; I also want to inspire children to get an education. “Too many older children are not in school. They even have children themselves.” Gogo says she confronts children who are not in school and asks them why. “They tell me they are too old,” she says, “I tell them, ‘Well I am at school and so should you.’ “I see children who are lost, children who are without fathers, just going round and round, hopeless. I want to inspire them to go to school.”

Re: World oldest primary school pupil (photos ) by Coolboyz: 1:05pm On Jan 23, 2015
---Gej till this woman graduate from phd programme
---Buhari till this woman sit for her WASC exam.
Don't quote me because I will not reply.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World oldest primary school pupil (photos ) by killercute16(m): 1:39pm On Jan 23, 2015
Lol....what can she learn @ that age.
Re: World oldest primary school pupil (photos ) by asadike(f): 1:41pm On Jan 23, 2015
Am speechless!
Re: World oldest primary school pupil (photos ) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 23, 2015
Buhari should take a cue from this woman and save us the drama
Re: World oldest primary school pupil (photos ) by liveyourlife: 1:45pm On Jan 23, 2015
A pity that good topics don't make FP!
Re: World oldest primary school pupil (photos ) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 23, 2015
I thought it was Kimani Maruge
Re: World oldest primary school pupil (photos ) by harbibi: 2:50pm On Jan 23, 2015
Its called living a life of purpose. God bless you grandma!

1 Like

Re: World oldest primary school pupil (photos ) by Ladybianca(f): 6:38pm On Jan 23, 2015
Seriously
Cool tho
Watever rocks her boat
Re: World oldest primary school pupil (photos ) by Abiagirl777(f): 7:25pm On Jan 23, 2015
Am touched
Re: World oldest primary school pupil (photos ) by Tekzyflex(m): 8:47pm On Jan 23, 2015
Its good for her.
Re: World oldest primary school pupil (photos ) by amokeme(f): 8:57pm On Jan 23, 2015
Very courageous of her... She might just be bored at home and want to be around kids smiley some old people are like that..
Re: World oldest primary school pupil (photos ) by chukwusi(m): 9:21pm On Jan 23, 2015
nice
Re: World oldest primary school pupil (photos ) by hahn(m): 10:11pm On Jan 23, 2015
Awesome.
Re: World oldest primary school pupil (photos ) by Baddestguyp(m): 10:33pm On Jan 23, 2015
buhari should learn from her, it is not too late to obtain a certificate
Re: World oldest primary school pupil (photos ) by dechandel(f): 12:22am On Jan 24, 2015
Its never too late smiley
Re: World oldest primary school pupil (photos ) by Skykid1208(m): 12:41am On Jan 24, 2015
She is not in school because she must or because she has to learn, she is in school to deny some people the excuse of "am too old to go to school".

Teaching by example, thumbs up great great grandma (ggm)

We need more people like her who can lead by example in this country.
Re: World oldest primary school pupil (photos ) by Swizdoe(m): 3:21am On Jan 24, 2015
liveyourlife:
A pity that good topics don't make FP!
What's so good about the topic. A 90 year old woman in primary school.
Guess the kenyans never heard of Adult education

(1) (Reply)

The Differences Between IJMB And JAMB / ICAN/ATS March 2016 Diet Result Out / PHOTOS: Babcock University's 2016 Convocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.