Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s,trouble For Apc, Court Prepares To Jail Tinubu 4 FORGERY - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s,trouble For Apc, Court Prepares To Jail Tinubu 4 FORGERY (4890 Views)

Tinubu Prepares To Run For Presidency In 2019, Lists Running Mates - ThisDay / Arms Panel Prepares To Submit Report; Dambazau, Ihejirika, Indicted / Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s,trouble For Apc, Court Prepares To Jail Tinubu 4 FORGERY by kingstylo01(m): 5:13pm On Jan 23, 2015
halimaabi:
B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G N-E-W-S,
ANOTHER BIG TROUBLE FOR APC, AS COURT
PREPARES TO JAIL TINUBU FOR FORGING
UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO CERTIFICATE .
Barely 48 hours that the outgoing Nigeria Army
director of public relations, Brig. Gen. Olajide
Olaleye confirmed to the whole world that Buhari
joined Nigeria Army in 1961 without certificate.
Rather, he joined the Army with a recommendation
letter from the then principal of the provincial
secondary school, old northern region. However,
another APC national leader may be jailed for
certificates forgery.
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu may go to jail as
Federal High Court has reserved ruling over the
alleged certificate forgery.
The federal high court Ikoyi Lagos has reserved
ruling on the suit filled by Dr Adegbola Dominic
against Inspector general of police and
commissioner of police Lagos state on June 4th,
Dr Dominic took the duo to court over their
inability to conclude the investigation of certificate
forgery by Bola Tinubu and prosecute him
for forgery as directed by the supreme court.
Bola Tinubu was alleged to have forged the
certificates which he presented to INEC in 1999
when he contested for election as the governor of
Lagos state.
The late Gani Fawehinmi who first challenged the
academic qualifications that Tinubu presented to
INEC in court was told by both the high court and
the appeal courts that Tinubu as then sitting
governor cannot be tried as he enjoys immunity
from prosecution.
The legal luminary then headed to supreme court
and the apex court ruled that though Tinubu
enjoys immunity from prosecution, he can be
investigated by police over the allegation and tried
after his tenure.
However, after Tinubu's tenure as the governor of
Lagos state, the Nigeria police refused to charge
him as ruled by the supreme court.
It was this seeming lack of will by the police to
perform their constituttional duty, to conclude their
investigation and charge Tinubu to court that Dr
Dominic is challenging by asking the federal high
court to compel the IG and commissioner of police
Lagos to bring Tinubu to justice.
Speaking in an interview, Barr. Kayode Kayode
Ajulo an Abuja based lawyer said:
"Certificate forgery is a criminal offense. Tinubu
may be jailed for lying under oath if found guilty.
I wish the media will be vigilant to even cross
check the claims of the schools attended by
Tinubu as submitted to INEC.
This is not a witch hunt but a move to conclude a
case in line with the supreme court ruling."
source??
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s,trouble For Apc, Court Prepares To Jail Tinubu 4 FORGERY by henryangelo: 5:13pm On Jan 23, 2015
jingh:
really ??
try and research about people surrounding your president
There is nothing to research on, he is a democratic president, he is far more better than your buhari that is use to forceful detention of innocent souls
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s,trouble For Apc, Court Prepares To Jail Tinubu 4 FORGERY by magaliyu(f): 5:15pm On Jan 23, 2015
Helloooo...all courts in Nigeria are CLOSED ,
JUDICIARY ON STRICK.
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s,trouble For Apc, Court Prepares To Jail Tinubu 4 FORGERY by akinsadeez(m): 6:03pm On Jan 23, 2015
The person that wrote this headline is very very clueless. The application brought by the said Dr Dominic is for the court to compel the police or ministry of justice to commence criminal proceedings against Tinubu. It is very similar to what Gani fawehinmi did against Col. Halilu Akilu back then. The court will either grant the order of mandamus or refuse it. If it is granted the case will be instituted as a criminal case and Tinubu has the option of defending himself in court. Alternatively Tinubu and/or the police has the option of challenging the court judgment on appeal if the order is granted.

What is certain is that this court cannot jail Tinubu for forgery as insinuated in the headline. The headline is just sensationalist.
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s,trouble For Apc, Court Prepares To Jail Tinubu 4 FORGERY by iamrealdeji(m): 6:16pm On Jan 23, 2015
kingstylo01:
Source?
Source is from his ink stained brain
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s,trouble For Apc, Court Prepares To Jail Tinubu 4 FORGERY by rman: 7:19pm On Jan 23, 2015
Everyone should check when the OP registered and all his posts and topics.

That should give you a clue of what his mission is.
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s,trouble For Apc, Court Prepares To Jail Tinubu 4 FORGERY by jingh(f): 8:02pm On Jan 23, 2015
henryangelo:

There is nothing to research on, he is a democratic president, he is far more better than your buhari that is use to forceful detention of innocent souls
so thief re now called innocent soul.
I give up
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s,trouble For Apc, Court Prepares To Jail Tinubu 4 FORGERY by collinsVP: 8:29pm On Jan 23, 2015
0rex:
grin
The same court that couldn't do anything to OBJ after disobeying their order.
Nigerian Judiciary is a joke abeg.

Let's hope someone can come in & change things.

It is incumbent on the executive to ensure that court orders and pronouncements are obeyed. So their Job ends were another begins. That is the constitutional provision.
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s,trouble For Apc, Court Prepares To Jail Tinubu 4 FORGERY by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 23, 2015
collinsVP:

It is incumbent on the executive to ensure that court orders and pronouncements are obeyed. So their Job ends were another begins. That is the constitutional provision.
You are right. That is why a change is needed, this present administration did nothing I know of to make the judiciary better positioned.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reminder: “I Will Lead A War Against Them Like Ojukwu. Am Not Joking” – Wike / See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) / Step By Steps To Getting A Trademoni Loan ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.