Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads (36270 Views)

Germany To Deport 12,000 Nigerian Asylum Seekers / UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians / United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by Busybody2(f): 9:12am On Jan 24, 2015
The boy is age 5 and in compulsory full time education which he is entitled to by virtue of his "right to education", hence he is thereby "settled"...get your Solicitor to go through the rule books again ma...Rafeeq has earned the right to live in UK.

5 Likes

Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by JuanDeDios: 9:12am On Jan 24, 2015
shinejackie:

Can't they allow them to stay on humanitarian and compassionate ground .......l thought there was a provision in the asylum law that allows such to scale through if an asylum seeker is refused....
What is "humanitarian" here? Nigerians better start getting used to the mess they've made of their country and stop running to other people's countries. Besides citing Boko Haram and kidnapping doesn't wash. These people think oyinbos are babies.
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by vision2050: 9:12am On Jan 24, 2015
Firstly I tot dey wan deport the boy cos he throw bomb or tins like that. come home if them no allow you. Febuhari 14 UK citizen will beg to stay in Nigeria.
sia Buhari
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by KanwuliaJara: 9:12am On Jan 24, 2015
Ewooo!
Even a deportee feels safer away from Nigeria.
I would have felt the same way.
Game ova woman!
Time to go and do ashawo in Nigeria! grin

1 Like

Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by Zenoniseay: 9:12am On Jan 24, 2015
dont know wat to say, am coming jor.
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by major466(m): 9:14am On Jan 24, 2015
The UK immigration should tamper justice with mercy. How will the boy cope in Nigeria? They should be allowed to stay in in UK on humanitarian grounds.
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by SweetSoup(m): 9:17am On Jan 24, 2015
The boy was born in the UK so why are they deporting him? Can someone please clear this up for me..

Modified: I just did a google search on the above question and i found out that being born in the UK doesn't qualify you to become a citizen.
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by valdes00(m): 9:17am On Jan 24, 2015
KHAYGOLD:
He needs to be deported. He stole my sweet yesterday. ;DHe needs to be deported. He stole my sweet yesterday.
Bros no vex ooo, buh hw he dey do u... He dey do u girigiri abi, dats fever.... Abeg try go hospital
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by sandee575(f): 9:17am On Jan 24, 2015
It would be understandable her concerns about survival back home without her mention of Boko Haram. Exposes her manipulative tendencies.
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by major466(m): 9:19am On Jan 24, 2015
Sometimes, one has to travel out to a foreign land to start life all over again. Given the history of his mother and her family, deportation back to Nigeria may bring back bitter memories. This could have serious effects on her mentally and psychologically. Let her be allowed to stay in UK for the sake of her child and her wellbeing.

1 Like

Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by AJOT99(m): 9:19am On Jan 24, 2015
Alrite
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by Godwinsilas(m): 9:21am On Jan 24, 2015
No Reason for deport?
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by mencade4: 9:26am On Jan 24, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Ewooo!
Game ova woman!
hahaha......u no well ooo.......hahaha

na ashawo she go come do?
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by justwise(m): 9:26am On Jan 24, 2015
sleek82:
are her claims not genuine? Are you saying there r no insecurity issues facing this nation? Abeg they shuld allow her jare!

Yes Nigeria has security problem but there are plenty other safe places in Nigeria if she is a northern. If she is given an asylum based on Boko Haram then the floodgate has opened for many more Boko haram related asylum claims.

1 Like

Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by major466(m): 9:27am On Jan 24, 2015
SweetSoup:
The boy was born in the UK so why are they deporting him? Can someone please clear this up for me..
Same questions. A boy born in UK should be regarded as a UK citizen.
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by mencade4: 9:27am On Jan 24, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Ewooo!
Game ova woman!

she fit come start smoke fish business na
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by KanwuliaJara: 9:27am On Jan 24, 2015
mencade4:

E finish o!
The only work for Nigerian women IN NIGERIA is ashawo.
No other work o! grin

Married o. . . single o. . . no difference!
Tooooooooo much poverty!
Twa!!!! embarassed
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by anitank(f): 9:27am On Jan 24, 2015
sandee575:
It would be understandable her concerns about survival back home without her mention of Boko Haram. Exposes her manipulative tendencies.
You think she has no reason being concerned about Boko Haram? Why not? What if the only family she has stays in the north

By the way, nobody seem to be answering the question here. If the boy was born in the UK, why is he facing deportation?
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by mencade4: 9:30am On Jan 24, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

E finish o!
The only work for Nigerian women IN NIGERIA is ashawo.
No other work o! grin

Married o. . . single o. . . no difference!
Tooooooooo much poverty!
Twa!!!! embarassed
pepper and tomatoes business dey....even crayfish ''krafish''
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by shurlermoz(m): 9:38am On Jan 24, 2015
nedu2000:
She's lying,trying to raise d sentiments/emotions of people thus post her kid's pics
Her utterances is a slap in the face on residents in Nigeria,Boko haram is only in d north-east

ONLY IN THE NORTH EAST?! So it's no big deal since there are only cows and a few human beings living there?
Have you considered if the North East is her former and only home.
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 24, 2015
WHATTT immigration deport that woman but leave the son,imagine using kidnapping and boko haram matter as excuse,me when fresh pass dem never kidnap me,I dey Naija since I never use eye see boko haram
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by lastpage: 9:40am On Jan 24, 2015
Nigerians! SO HATEFUL.... even to a little Boy of 5yrs!

Granted she might have exaggerated her claims but why say she is the one giving Nigeria a BAD NAME?

*Was she the one that kidnapped 250 young girls from their school?
*Was she the one that dropped Container on people's head in Ketu, Lagos?
*Was she the one that beheaded a whole village in Bagga, Borno state?
*Was she the one that raided all the Banks in Ikare, Ekiti State, killing over twenty people, including law enforcement officers?
*Was she the one that is looting the National Treasury on a daily basis?
*Was she the one responsible for 'darkness' in the nation and the attendant fire hazards resulting from usage of Petrol ,Power Generators?
*Is she the one that turned Nigerian Hospitals to Morgues where you go in alive and come out a corpse?
*Is she also responsible for all the PDP Vs. APC killings making the rounds all over the country?
*Is she the one killing Nigerian Soldiers in the North?
*Was she responsible for Biafran failure, was she responsible for OPC mayhem or the Niger Delta militancy and kidnappings?

..I can go one for ever but one thing is sure, HATE THAT LITTLE BOY AS MUCH AS YOU WANT, HE HAS ALREADY SEEN AND LIVED A BETTER LIFE THAN MOST OF YO HATERS!

Sometimes, l wonder what is wrong with Nigerians and their mentality in recent years so much so that most lack any modicum of morality!
Nigerians live the important things but chase after very unnecessary things.

I can bet anyone here, that boy will be back in U.K (assuming he has been deported already) because the Brits are not as "hatefully wicked" as the current generation of Nigerians living in that H-hole of a country, they st times will show human compassion unlike my fellow Nigerians.

When he is back, the lot of you will still be doing your "suffering and smiling" and hoping God will come down from heaven to come and solve your problems for you (even though he gave you a brain, like he gave every other humanbeing) not knowing that God sees the wickedness of your hearts ....and it is sure folly, to plant "weed" and expect to harvest '"flour".

Purge yourself of Evil thoughts...God cannot be mocked.

Lastpage!

8 Likes

Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 24, 2015
brownlord:
Stupid woman giving us a bad name because she want to remain in obodo oyibo, see the kid self do head like wetin i nor know, not even up to average kid in Nigeria.

They should deport her abeg, you be surprise this same woman who claims her immediate and extended family are all dead will have her mother running from church to church to stop this deportation. Nonsense
bros anyone in her shoes won't want to come back to Nigeria, no dey yarn rubbish

1 Like

Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 24, 2015
lastpage:

Granted she might have exaggerated her claims but why say she is the one giving Nigeria a BAD NAME?

*Was she the one that raided all the Banks in Ikare, Ekiti State, killing over twenty people, including law enforcement officers?
*Was she the one responsible for 'darkness' in the nation and the attendant fire hazards resulting from usage of Petrol ,Power Generators?
*Is she the one that turned Nigerian Hospitals to Morgues where you go in alive and come out a corpse?
*Is she also responsible for all the PDP Vs. APC killings making the rounds all over the country?
*Was she responsible for Biafran failure, was she responsible for OPC mayhem or the Niger Delta militancy and kidnappings?

..I can go one for ever but one thing is sure, HATE THAT LITTLE BOY AS MUCH AS YOU WANT, HE HAS ALREADY SEEN AND LIVED A BETTER LIFE THAN MOST OF YO HATERS!

Sometimes, l wonder what is wrong with Nigerians and their mentality in recent years so much so that most lack any modicum of morality!

I can bet anyone here, that boy will be back in U.K (assuming he has been deported already) because the Brits are not as "hatefully wicked" as the current generation of Nigerians living in that H-hole of a country, they st times will show human compassion unlike my fellow Nigerians.

When he is back, the lot of you will still be doing your "suffering and smiling" and hoping God will come down from heaven to come and solve your problems for you (even though he gave you a brain, like he gave every other humanbeing) not knowing that God sees the wickedness of your hearts ....and it is sure folly, to plant "weed" and expect to harvest '"flour".

Lastpage!
exactly!!!

1 Like

Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 24, 2015
anitank:

You think she has no reason being concerned about Boko Haram? Why not? What if the only family she has stays in the north

By the way, nobody seem to be answering the question here. If the boy was born in the UK, why is he facing deportation?

Being born in UK does not give you an entitlement to British passport until you are 7 years old I think but if any of the child's parents has British passport or permanent residence, d child is automatically qualified for a British passport.....

But for the fact that the child was born, bred and has lived in UK for 5years, there is no way a Tribunal judge ll allow home office to deport such child, but sometimes home office just bundle people and deport them

1 Like

Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by justwise(m): 9:51am On Jan 24, 2015
lastpage:

Lastpage!

Take a deep breath bro, you are barking up the wrong tree. Yes everything you listed there happened in Nigeria but she is not the only Nigerian facing the problem. So one can argue that she got no solid case using those as an excuse.

1 Like

Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by AllBusiness(m): 9:51am On Jan 24, 2015
shinejackie:

Can't they allow them to stay on humanitarian and compassionate ground .......l thought there was a provision in the asylum law that allows such to scale through if an asylum seeker is refused....

Granting her Humanitarian Leave to Remain is at the discretion of the Home Secretary outside the immigration law, not a right !
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 24, 2015
lastpage:

Lastpage!

Thumbs up for this post.... cool
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by Begonia(m): 9:51am On Jan 24, 2015
What kind of senseless report is this?
It didn't even tell us why the little boy is being deported.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? / EMU Trains For Lagos Light Rail Blue Line Ready For Shipping / Why Do Some Aeroplanes Get Sprayed With Water At The Airport?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.