Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads (36265 Views)

Germany To Deport 12,000 Nigerian Asylum Seekers / UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians / United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by nedu2000(m): 9:52am On Jan 24, 2015
shurlermoz:

ONLY IN THE NORTH EAST?! So it's no big deal since there are only cows and a few human beings living there?
Have you considered if the North East is her former and only home.
the lies are typical,4rm d UK,she can redeploy to the south
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 24, 2015
FolarinLondon:

Being born in UK does not give you an entitlement to British passport until you are 7 years old I think but if any of the child's parents has British passport or permanent residence, d child is automatically qualified for a British passport.....

But for the fact that the child was born, bred and has lived in UK for 5years, there is no way a Tribunal judge ll allow home office to deport such child, but sometimes home office just bundle people and deport them

What a pity she was caught before the child got to be 7years old
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by lastpage: 9:53am On Jan 24, 2015
anitank:

You think she has no reason being concerned about Boko Haram? Why not? What if the only family she has stays in the north

By the way, nobody seem to be answering the question here. If the boy was born in the UK, why is he facing deportation?

The U.K does not give (not anymore) automatic citizenship by birth.

For him to qualify for U.K citizenship by Birth, he must live the first seven years of his life there, continuously.
Also, being an infant, his Mother is responsible for his upkeep and sustenance,...thus, what ever affects the mother, affects him ...by transfer!
Deporting the Mother also means the Boy is automatically deported along with the Mother

Its just like when a Mother has issues with her husband and wants to spite him with the children. She goes on to get a barring order against her husband (even though the children are no party to their conflict and did not consent to such Order),....with the effect that such a father is BARRED from not just seeing his wife...but also his kids.
Women have used such wickedness a lot, in the "West" and that happens to be one of the reason "family Homicide" is common in such countries.
Nigeria does not practice such nonsense anyway.

Having said that, being born in the U.K gives the Boy a lot of RIGHTS but he may not be able to ENFORCE such RIGHTS until he is an adult (18yrs).

If Nigerian leaders are not so stewpid and have managed this country properly, despite all its vast riches, like in the 60's and early 70's, Brits and Americans (not to talk of countries like Ghana, South Africa, e.t.c) are always queuing to get Nigerian Visa.
Now, the reverse is the case!

How did we get to this point?

Okay, GEJ till 2019 please, we need more #10 change! Clueless Eediots grin grin

Lastpage!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by yogun(f): 9:53am On Jan 24, 2015
her parents, brothers and sisters died in car crash... na wa ooo

poor little boy though. looks v fragile for a 5 yrs old. hmmm

1 Like

Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by ukandi1(m): 9:56am On Jan 24, 2015
The name associated with ur son have championed d messing up of Nigeria and turning d country into a slaughter chamber for thousands of innocent souls.

Come back home and lets us all dance to d rythm of d song together.
Assylum ko...
Gateshead ni...
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 24, 2015
The woman should have stayed in London where she could easily and possibly have access to numbers of immigration lawyers not this racist town/city where the residents ll be d one pressurising immigration to deport her and d child

1 Like

Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 24, 2015
drlawizle:

What a pity she was caught before the child got to be 7years old

Even at age of 5, the boy shouldn't have been deported cos he has already established his life in UK which is what the law primarily centred on...
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by merits(m): 10:04am On Jan 24, 2015
come back home,because you don't know where your destiny lies.
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by 50calibre(m): 10:05am On Jan 24, 2015
lastpage:
Nigerians! SO HATEFUL.... even to a little Boy of 5yrs!

Granted she might have exaggerated her claims but why say she is the one giving Nigeria a BAD NAME?

*Was she the one that kidnapped 250 young girls from their school?
*Was she the one that dropped Container on people's head in Ketu, Lagos?
*Was she the one that beheaded a whole village in Bagga, Borno state?
*Was she the one that raided all the Banks in Ikare, Ekiti State, killing over twenty people, including law enforcement officers?
*Was she the one that is looting the National Treasury on a daily basis?
*Was she the one responsible for 'darkness' in the nation and the attendant fire hazards resulting from usage of Petrol ,Power Generators?
*Is she the one that turned Nigerian Hospitals to Morgues where you go in alive and come out a corpse?
*Is she also responsible for all the PDP Vs. APC killings making the rounds all over the country?
*Is she the one killing Nigerian Soldiers in the North?
*Was she responsible for Biafran failure, was she responsible for OPC mayhem or the Niger Delta militancy and kidnappings?

..I can go one for ever but one thing is sure, HATE THAT LITTLE BOY AS MUCH AS YOU WANT, HE HAS ALREADY SEEN AND LIVED A BETTER LIFE THAN MOST OF YO HATERS!

Sometimes, l wonder what is wrong with Nigerians and their mentality in recent years so much so that most lack any modicum of morality!
Nigerians live the important things but chase after very unnecessary things.

I can bet anyone here, that boy will be back in U.K (assuming he has been deported already) because the Brits are not as "hatefully wicked" as the current generation of Nigerians living in that H-hole of a country, they st times will show human compassion unlike my fellow Nigerians.

When he is back, the lot of you will still be doing your "suffering and smiling" and hoping God will come down from heaven to come and solve your problems for you (even though he gave you a brain, like he gave every other humanbeing) not knowing that God sees the wickedness of your hearts ....and it is sure folly, to plant "weed" and expect to harvest '"flour".

Purge yourself of Evil thoughts...God cannot be mocked.

Lastpage!

Brilliant!!! You've said it all.

I wonder why Nigerians are filled with so much hate & envy. See many of them here wishing & praying the boy is deported so he could come join them in their hell hole, forgetting the boy was not even born in Nigeria. Someone even suggested the mum should come back & start prostit*ution.

There's something seriously wrong with Nigerians, maybe that's why God has allowed them to be afflicted with suffering & poverty as punishment for their evil heart.

6 Likes

Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by lastpage: 10:14am On Jan 24, 2015
justwise:

Take a deep breath bro, you are barking up the wrong tree. Yes everything you listed there happened in Nigeria but she is not the only Nigerian facing the problem. So one can argue that she got no solid case using those as an excuse.

You need to learn to think straight!

All your comments on this issue shows where your interest lies.
NOT being the only one facing such problem is not an excuse for her to not try to solve her own problem the way she knows how to go about it.
The fact that someone wants to die in a Boko-infested place does not mean every other person must act in the same stewpid manner.

As dangerous as Borno state is as of today, you will still find some Igbos still staying-put there!
To somebody like you, they should be killed since they did not "hear word" but for them, l think they have their own "valid reasons" for still staying-put.

Thank God you are not the Secretary to the Home Office otherwise, you would have ordered the Deportation of all Nigerians living abroad! undecided undecided

At times, l just imagine, if the tables were turned and we Nigerians are in the position of these "white folks", our own wickedness for no get
Part 2!

Like said, its just a waiting game, that Boy aint going NO WHERE! tongue tongue

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by adorablepepple(f): 10:14am On Jan 24, 2015
aunty Bola come home ooo, we are not dead!! we still love u n miss u!! bring our boy home grin
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by anitank(f): 10:16am On Jan 24, 2015
lastpage:

The U.K does not give (not anymore) automatic citizenship by birth.

For him to qualify for U.K citizenship by Birth, he must live the first seven years of his life there, continuously.
Also, being an infant, his Mother is responsible for his upkeep and sustenance,...thus, what ever affects the mother, affects him ...by transfer!
Deporting the Mother also means the Boy is automatically deported along with the Mother

Its just like when a Mother has issues with her husband and wants to spite him with the children. She goes on to get a barring order against her husband (even though the children are no party to their conflict and did not consent to such Order),....with the effect that such a father is BARRED from not just seeing his wife...but also his kids.
Women have used such wickedness a lot, in the "West" and that happens to be one of the reason "family Homicide" is common in such countries.
Nigeria does not practice such nonsense anyway.

Having said that, being born in the U.K gives the Boy a lot of RIGHTS but he may not be able to ENFORCE such RIGHTS until he is an adult (18yrs).

If Nigerian leaders are not so stewpid and have managed this country properly, despite all its vast riches, like in the 60's and early 70's, Brits and Americans (not to talk of countries like Ghana, South Africa, e.t.c) are always queuing to get Nigerian Visa.
Now, the reverse is the case!

How did we get to this point?

Okay, GEJ till 2019 please, we need more #10 change! Clueless Eediots grin grin

Lastpage!

Ok now I get it. It's actually the woman that's facing deportation for whatever reasons, and of course she has to go back home with her boy since he isn't upto 7. Poor boy. I sincerely hope they reconsider for his sake

Thanks for the clarification
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 24, 2015

1 Like

Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by mecusbosco(m): 10:31am On Jan 24, 2015
sleek82:
are her claims not genuine? Are you saying there r no insecurity issues facing this nation? Abeg they shuld allow her jare!

And where are you typing from? Are we all dead?
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by justwise(m): 10:31am On Jan 24, 2015
lastpage:

You need to learn to think straight!

All your comments on this issue shows where your interest lies.
NOT being the only one facing such problem is not an excuse for her to not try to solve her own problem the way she knows how to go about it.
The fact that someone wants to die in a Boko-infested place does not mean every other person must act in the same stewpid manner.

As dangerous as Borno state is as of today, you will still find some Igbos still staying-put there!
To somebody like you, they should be killed since they did not "hear word" but for them, l think they have their own "valid reasons" for still staying-put.

Thank God you are not the Secretary to the Home Office otherwise, you would have ordered the Deportation of all Nigerians living abroad! undecided undecided

At times, l just imagine, if the tables were turned and we Nigerians are in the position of these "white folks", our own wickedness for no get
Part 2!

Like said, its just a waiting game, that Boy aint going NO WHERE! tongue tongue

Lastpage!
You obviously like hearing your own voice and ranging with sentiment, her excuse does not add up, BH and kidnapping are not a genuine excuses because millions of Nigerians are surviving even with those problems. BH operation does not affect all part of Nigeria, kidnappers targets mostly the wealthy ones only if she is suggesting that she is rich and needed to run away from kidnappers.

If she is given asylum because of those two half barked excuses then many Nigerians with student or visiting visa will use that as a benchmark.

There is no need writing pages of stories here for British govt, forward it to Nigerian govt.

1 Like

Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by kunlenkirol(m): 10:33am On Jan 24, 2015
She does not want deportation, fine. She has made a lot of friends in Gatehead, fine. She is enjoying her life, fine. She does not want to come to Naija because of Boko Haram, that is not acceptable. Is it everybody that Boko HarAm is killing? What abt the locals like us who stayed glued to Nigeria. What should we do? Wether dem deport her and her son is nobody's business. She should pray and fast for God's intervention. If she is genuine, it will work for her, and if not, you can answer that for yourself.
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by fzero: 10:34am On Jan 24, 2015
SweetSoup:
The boy was born in the UK so why are they deporting him? Can someone please clear this up for me..

Modified: I just did a google search on the above question and i found out that being born in the UK doesn't qualify you to become a citizen.
That is why I love America, automatic citizenship.

1 Like

Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by Eastherbunny(m): 10:35am On Jan 24, 2015
lastpage:

Granted she might have exaggerated her claims but why say she is the one giving Nigeria a BAD NAME?

*Was she the one that raided all the Banks in Ikare, Ekiti State, killing over twenty people, including law enforcement officers?
*Was she the one responsible for 'darkness' in the nation and the attendant fire hazards resulting from usage of Petrol ,Power Generators?
*Is she the one that turned Nigerian Hospitals to Morgues where you go in alive and come out a corpse?
*Is she also responsible for all the PDP Vs. APC killings making the rounds all over the country?
*Was she responsible for Biafran failure, was she responsible for OPC mayhem or the Niger Delta militancy and kidnappings?

..I can go one for ever but one thing is sure, HATE THAT LITTLE BOY AS MUCH AS YOU WANT, HE HAS ALREADY SEEN AND LIVED A BETTER LIFE THAN MOST OF YO HATERS!

Sometimes, l wonder what is wrong with Nigerians and their mentality in recent years so much so that most lack any modicum of morality!

I can bet anyone here, that boy will be back in U.K (assuming he has been deported already) because the Brits are not as "hatefully wicked" as the current generation of Nigerians living in that H-hole of a country, they st times will show human compassion unlike my fellow Nigerians.

When he is back, the lot of you will still be doing your "suffering and smiling" and hoping God will come down from heaven to come and solve your problems for you (even though he gave you a brain, like he gave every other humanbeing) not knowing that God sees the wickedness of your hearts ....and it is sure folly, to plant "weed" and expect to harvest '"flour".

Lastpage!
What the shit are you saying

You may think you just poured your heart out but let me tell you, it make no sense and we don't give a shit.
Nobody should use boko haram as excuse cause the brother and sisters up north east are really the one's that has felt terro and they are not on some western embassy seeking asylum.

1 Like

Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 24, 2015
NigellusHosan:
Enemies from their village are very strong
lolz grin see your life
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by bayocanny: 10:49am On Jan 24, 2015
adorablepepple:
aunty Bola come home ooo, we are not dead!! we still love u n miss u!! bring our boy home grin
Atimes I wonder why God create me an african like u cus now u making jest of them, on what ground? Huh
It very wrong okay, try to sympathize with them remember you are also a woman one day u can also be in their shoes which I do not pray to happen to you

Let embrace brotherhood!!!

3 Likes

Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by adorablepepple(f): 10:55am On Jan 24, 2015
bayocanny:

Atimes I wonder why God create me an african like u cus now u making jest of them, on what ground? Huh
It very wrong okay, try to sympathize with them remember you are also a woman one day u can also be in their shoes which I do not pray to happen to you

Let embrace brotherhood!!!
pls ooo Mr tatafo am I talking to you, u can like to exclusively mind ur business and I can never be in her shoes! she must have done something to warrant deportation so please mind ur business!
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by Redoil: 10:55am On Jan 24, 2015
EroticAngelina:
pls they shouldnt sad
how are you and ur folks
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by armadeo(m): 10:56am On Jan 24, 2015
mtprofessor5:
L

Modified

Come back to Nigeria our economy is fast growing

Now this made my morning. grin grin grin
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by Ilekeh(f): 10:57am On Jan 24, 2015
“Speaking from the centre, Bola told the Evening Chronicle: “I feel safe in Gateshead, but we have no one in Nigeria. Rafeeq was born here, he goes to school here and is doing well, it is so very hard for us. There are so many kidnappings and frightening things with Boko Haram happening in Nigeria, it would not be safe.

Lmao she's smart.

Refuge thingz grin
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by mtprofessor5(m): 11:04am On Jan 24, 2015
armadeo:

Now this made my morning. grin grin grin

I read it on paper grin grin
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by donodion(m): 11:04am On Jan 24, 2015
lastpage:

Lastpage!
Tell them as it is bro.

1 Like

Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by bayocanny: 11:04am On Jan 24, 2015
adorablepepple:

pls ooo Mr tatafo am I talking to you, u can like to exclusively mind ur business and I can never be in her shoes! she must have done something to warrant deportation so please mind ur business!
You shouldn't sound bellegerent, I just told u da real fact

1 Like

Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by adorablepepple(f): 11:09am On Jan 24, 2015
bayocanny:

You shouldn't sound bellegerent, I just told u da real fact
keep your real facts to your fake self! BTW it's BELLIGERENT
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by loomer: 11:12am On Jan 24, 2015
mtprofessor5:
L

Modified

Come back to Nigeria our economy is fast growing

SHE HAS BEEN THERE SINCE 97, AND HAS GOT NO ONE IN NIGERIA, HOW WOULD SHE COPE?

I KNOW SHE MIGHT BE ILLEGAL, BUT WHY WAIT TILL NOW BEFORE DEPORTING HER.
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by xandy84: 11:16am On Jan 24, 2015
Can someone explain how the UK system works to me. The mother claims the boy was born in Uk. In US, the moment you are born here, you automatically becomes a citizen.

notjustafrica:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-MWDlHF3NTA0/VMI6Om1hLLI/AAAAAAAEW-8/NLgHe4JT0bY/s1600/Rafeeq-Atanda.jpg[/img]

A Nigerian mum on Wednesday pleaded with the UK Govt to allow her son remain in the country hours before he was due to be deported to Nigeria, a country his mother says he’s never lived in.

5 year old Rafeeq Atanda (pictured above) and his mother Bola Fatunbi, were held on Wednesday night at the immigration center in London ahead on the scheduled deportation yesterday. Looks like they may even have been deported.
“Speaking from the centre, Bola told the Evening Chronicle: “I feel safe in Gateshead, but we have no one in Nigeria. [size=40pt]Rafeeq was born here, he goes to school here and is doing well[/40], it is so very hard for us. There are so many kidnappings and frightening things with Boko Haram happening in Nigeria, it would not be safe.”

[img]http://3.bp..com/-tFc_HNL_uK8/VMI6QIkGS-I/AAAAAAAEW_E/gnEADbCBazQ/s1600/1.jpg[/img]

From UK Mirror
Fighting back tears, Bola, 30, told how she had first come to the UK following the death of her parents and brothers and sisters in a car tragedy in Nigeria in 1997.
She said: “It was so hard but I thought I’d have a better life here and we have made a lot of friends in Gateshead.”

Gateshead MP Ian Mearns has now asked the Home Office to urgently reconsider their decision to deport the little boy.

Despite being born in this country, Rafeeq faces being removed from the UK with Bola. The Chronicle understand Mr Mearns contacted the Home Office on Wednesday, requesting a barrier be placed on the planned deportation, citing concerns over Rafeeq’s health.

He received a response stating: “We are aware of the health issues regarding this family and have been working with various services to ensure the family’s needs are met during removal.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-nWP6vXvcGK8/VMI6QgXjmNI/AAAAAAAEW_I/7NWKsWhxmNY/s1600/3.jpg[/img]

http://notjustafrica.com/uk-wants-to-deports-5yr-old-nigerian-boy-rafeeq-atanda-mum-pleads/
Re: UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads by effogis: 11:16am On Jan 24, 2015
You cannot deport the poor boy and live the mom and I want someone to me the sin the little creature committed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? / EMU Trains For Lagos Light Rail Blue Line Ready For Shipping / Why Do Some Aeroplanes Get Sprayed With Water At The Airport?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.