Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram (1544 Views)

Fayose:' We’re Ready For Onslaught Against Us By Buhari’s Mad Dogs' / Biafra: This Is The Final Onslaught. / Military Set For Final Onslaught Against Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by resty4(m): 6:47pm On Jan 23, 2015
The Nigerian military is set for a final, and comprehensive onslaught against the extremist Boko Haram group, in an operation expected to end by before February election, a website that distributes press statements for the Nigerian military, has reported.
PRNigeria quoted a military source as saying that government forces have finalized plans to conduct a “once and for all comprehensive operations” towards the elimination of Boko Haram terrorists in parts of North East.
The news came a day after President Goodluck Jonathan’s National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, said the fighting has been undermined by “cowardly soldiers” who prefer giving every excuse in the world to fighting the extremists.
PRNigeria said the new military plan came as the Jonathan administration became so worried by the activities of Boko Haram, especially after viewing the latest video from the terror group, in which its leader, Abubakar Shekau, claimed they have enough weapons to overrun Nigeria and its neighbours.
The report said the military plan has been approved by the federal government, and has also received the assurance of cooperation and support of Cameroun, Niger and Chad, who now appear to have realised the danger posed by continuing to allow terrorists free movement across the borders.
“Nigerian military is reviewing strategy in the combat against terrorists to accommodate joint and combined operations with neighbouring military organisations,” the source was quoted as saying.
Massive deployment of air and amphibious assets are expected to feature in the operation.
Preparatory to the mission, the Defence Headquarters has changed the General Officer Commanding the 7 Division which is the leading formation in the counter-terrorism campaign, the source was quoted as saying.
The source said the deployment for the mission will facilitate the elimination of safe haven and escape routes of Boko Haram terrorists within Nigeria and neighbouring countries.
PRNigeria also reported that innocent citizens living in terrorist-infested areas are expected to vacate temporarily to safer towns.
Speaking to PRNigeria, Defence spokesperson, Chris Olukolade declined comment on details of the operation, he however, said the military would not relent in its efforts to restore peace to every part of the country.
He also admitted that all the countries bordering Nigeria are willing to compliment the efforts in Nigeria as terrorism has remained a menace or threat to all in the region.http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/175472-nigerian-military-set-final-onslaught-boko-haram-source.html
Re: Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by ramdris(m): 6:55pm On Jan 23, 2015
Which final, is it final 10 or 11? Cos v been hearing this final thing since 2009AD

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by baybeeboi: 6:56pm On Jan 23, 2015
do your best...but
Buhari can end this without bloodshed
and that's by calling His boys to order.
Say no to VIOLENCE
say no to BUHARI
Say yes to PEACE
say yes to GOODLUCK EBELE AZIKIWE JONATHAN

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by Elslim: 7:07pm On Jan 23, 2015
Na 2day

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by seankafor(m): 7:07pm On Jan 23, 2015
U saaaayyy
Re: Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 23, 2015
That's what they always say, operation no mercy, operation all clear, bla bla bla. And at the end of the day, Nothing!

The fact is goodluck is a dunce and a coward. He doesn't have the guts to flush these terrorist away.

As such, Buhari is the Man.
And change is what we need. I will vote for him.
He's the only man for the job.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by arabbunkum: 7:22pm On Jan 23, 2015
Big big talk

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by Blakjewelry(m): 7:25pm On Jan 23, 2015
I feel this part of plan but just hate to see these guys run free and cause mayhem
Re: Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 23, 2015
We need a military surge
Re: Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by dre11(m): 7:28pm On Jan 23, 2015
I hope this is not their usual talk

But real action and tactics because these guys have embarrassed them already

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:29pm On Jan 23, 2015
Since wen be dt?
Abibu thinkbsay we don forget wen lord cluelessness say im go finish bojo boys one time like dt?
Re: Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by Buchukwu: 7:33pm On Jan 23, 2015
God help our military. In order words, Buhari should call his boys to Order or.....

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by kay1one(m): 7:40pm On Jan 23, 2015
Sparksfly:
That's what they always say, operation no mercy, operation all clear, bla bla bla. And at the end of the day, Nothing!

The fact is goodluck is a dunce and a coward. He doesn't have the guts to flush these terrorist away.

He probably has shecow's number but that won't give a long lasting solution!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by Bmok: 7:49pm On Jan 23, 2015
Sparksfly:

ehyaa.dats unfrtunate..gudluck sha...gej tl 2019
Re: Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by lacasa: 8:03pm On Jan 23, 2015
"BokoHaram will be a thing off the past by April" - Goodluck ebele Azikiwe Jonathan

"Bokoharam will be defeatedd in 6 weeks" - Alex Badehn Chief of defence staff

undecided

"all that bullsh*t's for the birds"... in the voice of chris brown.

#IHAVEDECIDED
#CHANGE2015

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by omarlee(m): 8:06pm On Jan 23, 2015
In Abubakar Shitcow voice .....
Stuuupid talk without action
Kai! kaword Nijerian gawnment, always launching attacks on newspaper fages.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by Eziachi: 8:14pm On Jan 23, 2015
When they are really set, no one should actually have a sniff of it until they are done. We will only hear about their triumph.
The night the American seal went in and got Bin Laden only few in the inner circle knew until it was done and dusted.
Nigeria army often sounds like those folks that announces that they are taking off their shirts in preparation for a fight.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 23, 2015
Sparksfly:

Yoruba girl, did your parents tutor you on how to abuse your elders?...your President for that matter.

Kaî!this is the only reason I miss Late Sani Abacha.
Re: Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 23, 2015
somewhere in Nigeria, a hopeless journalist composed a baseless careless news for weak brains to believe.
Re: Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 23, 2015
Sparksfly:

Rough men are standing guard in order to give you the freedom to post trash here.

Don't you ever forget that.
Re: Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by Tekzyflex(m): 8:38pm On Jan 23, 2015
Nigeria government and the military are high on weed. Big big talk naim go kill una.
Re: Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by HoldenCaulfield(m): 8:45pm On Jan 23, 2015
I have learnt a lot from the Buhari certificate
monomania. Since it happened i started looking
for all my certificate. Infact i have safely kept
the
receipt for my jamb form, post jamb, lecture
notes, textbook, photos infact my signing out
white vest too. Who knows anybody may
request
for it. If someone who schooled before
independence can be asked to present his
certificate who am i. If you are lucky enough to
still have your secondary school uniform and
sandal please keep it. Who knows any clueless
person can ask for it.

Re: Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by spott(m): 8:45pm On Jan 23, 2015
trash talk. We have been hearing this since oooo i tire self. Shekau is dead how many times, we will defeat boko in _weeks and so on. Nigerians have lost trust in the military we need Buhari to bring that back. SaiBuhari. The people's general.
Re: Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 23, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Rough men are standing guard in order to give you the freedom to post trash here.

Don't you ever forget that.

You obviously have a comprehension problem.
I didn't in anyway condemned our troops.

Still on that! I would have done the same in their shoes. After-all it's a job they voluntarily applied for. Which I do appreciate anyway.
Re: Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 23, 2015
Sparksfly:

You obviously have a comprehension problem.
I didn't in anyway condemned our troops.

Still on that! I would have done the same in their shoes. After-all it's a job they voluntarily applied for. Which I do appreciate anyway.

You know nothing. Go and rest your head some where soft.
Re: Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by Joel3(m): 9:31pm On Jan 23, 2015
now I love the Big talk.

But I hate it each time the military say final.

When will this final ever end.

You guys and shithole degrading nigeria internationally.

Bleep u all for speaking trash
Re: Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by cirmuell(m): 10:30pm On Jan 23, 2015
yeah right, they are always on a "final onslaught".
Re: Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 24, 2015
Eziachi:
When they are really set, no one should actually have a sniff of it until they are done. We will only hear about their triumph.
The night the American seal went in and got Bin Laden only few in the inner circle knew until it was done and dusted.
Nigeria army often sounds like those folks that announces that they are taking off their shirts in preparation for a fight.
Re: Nigerian Military Set For “final Onslaught” Against Boko Haram by obiZEAL(m): 11:17am On Jan 24, 2015
We don d hear this news since 2009....
meanwhile i support the wind of CHANGE

(1) (Reply)

Response To The AIT\NTA Blasphemy Against Buhari / APC Leading In MTN Phone Based Poll / I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.