Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,841 members, 7,817,491 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

My Experience At The Nigeria Embassyottawa Canada Today January 23, 2015 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience At The Nigeria Embassyottawa Canada Today January 23, 2015 (1863 Views)

A Nairalander's First Time Experience At The Beach With Pictures... / My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: / My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At The Nigeria Embassyottawa Canada Today January 23, 2015 by Nobody: 3:38am On Jan 24, 2015
Hello Nairalander's

I'll just go straight to the point.

On the cold winter morning, i set out from my hotel to the Nigeria Embassy in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. At 9:00 am, the embassy opened up and we were asked to come in one after the other to undergo the little security check before heading to the reception to wait. When it get to my turn, the Security (A tall guy) asked me to go make photo copy of my passport, he gave me direction to get to the place and i left (Although the photocopy wasn't even needed). buy anyways, I walked approximately 10 minute to and from there and ended up being almost the last to get inside as majority of the people were already seated in the reception.

To cut the long story short, we were called in badges to get our thumb print and photograph in the interview office. i must confess, those people in the embassy were extremely time wasteful but were also extremely very nice too. i swear i never expected that from them due to the stories i heard from couple of friends that went there previously. (time was almost 1:00pm)

Inside the reception, we were watching PDP political rally, most people weren't big fan to the president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, while some were just frustrated and tired. But To our Greatest surprise, they came out with the renewed passport on that same day at around 1:35pm. ISN'T THAT AMAZING!!!

Although, they wasted time, but then they did their job. We had no other option than to Applaud their kind effort.

My name is donnypool and that was my experience

God bless the Nigeria High commission Ottawa
God bless the president in chief
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Nigeria Embassyottawa Canada Today January 23, 2015 by onatisi(m): 4:47am On Jan 24, 2015
grin fresh air don blow reach canada . Gej till 2019

5 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Nigeria Embassyottawa Canada Today January 23, 2015 by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 24, 2015
Your name is gini? Show us your birth certificate
Re: My Experience At The Nigeria Embassyottawa Canada Today January 23, 2015 by raayah(f): 6:02pm On Jan 24, 2015

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The Nigeria Embassyottawa Canada Today January 23, 2015 by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 25, 2015
Mondisweets:
Your name is gini? Show us your birth certificate

i nor dey contest for election ooo. this one you dey plan to vote for me
Re: My Experience At The Nigeria Embassyottawa Canada Today January 23, 2015 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 25, 2015
raayah:
I have been to that embassy. I arrived very early by 7am. Waited out till9am. I was among the first batch and I got my new passport before 11am the same day.

They were very efficient and Nice. I was very impressed.

lol @7:00am. maybe you came during the summer. because the cold there just dey vex
Re: My Experience At The Nigeria Embassyottawa Canada Today January 23, 2015 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 25, 2015
onatisi:
grin fresh air don blow reach canada . Gej till 2019

yes oo, but those guys nor dey play with their $30 money order ooo lol dem call am "processing fee"
Re: My Experience At The Nigeria Embassyottawa Canada Today January 23, 2015 by onatisi(m): 4:29pm On Jan 25, 2015
donnypool:

yes oo, but those guys nor dey play with their $30 money order ooo lol dem call am "processing fee"
all na fresh air .

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The Nigeria Embassyottawa Canada Today January 23, 2015 by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 25, 2015
onatisi:
all na fresh air .

grin grin grin
Re: My Experience At The Nigeria Embassyottawa Canada Today January 23, 2015 by thezionite: 5:14pm On Mar 13, 2018
Hi Dolly,

I lost my passport here in Canada, and heading to Ottawa today to get a new one. Please any advice? Ive been hearing different stories on how it has to get to Abuja for approvals and so on. My wedding is in July and i hope this passport issue doesnt become a problem.

(1) (Reply)

Austria Waka / What Country Do You Think Is The Coldest In The World? / Giving Birth In Panama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.