Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Know The Officer Ranking Of The Nigerian Army - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Know The Officer Ranking Of The Nigerian Army (91924 Views)

To Become A 2nd Lieutenant In Nigerian Army. Benefits / The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? / Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Know The Officer Ranking Of The Nigerian Army by ProfGday(m): 6:42am On Jan 24, 2015
ARMY
NAVY
AIR FORCE
1. (Highest Rank)
Field Marshal
Admiral of the Fleet
Marshal of the Nigerian Air Force

General
Admiral
Air Chief Marshal

Lieutenant General
Vice-Admiral
Air Marshal

Major General
Rear Admiral
Air Vice-Marshal

Brigadier General
Commodore
Air Commodore

Colonel
Captain
Group Captain

Lieutenant Colonel
Commander
Wing Commander

Major
Lieutenant Commander
Squadron Leader

Captain
Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant
Flying Officer

Second Lieutenant
Acting Sub-Lieutenant
Pilot Officer

12.(Lowest Rank))
No equivalent
Mid-Shipman
No equivalent
Armed Forces Services’ Corresponding Rank Structure (Officers) :
NON- COMMISSIONED OFFICERS
S/No

ARMY
NAVY
AIR FORCE
1. (Highest Rank)
No equivalent
Warrant Chief Petty Officer
Air Warrant officer

Warrant officer Class I
Chief Petty Officer
Master Warrant officer

Warrant officer Class II
Petty Officer
Warrant officer

Staff Sergeant
Leading Rating
Flight Sergeant

Sergeant
As above
Sergeant

Corporal
No Equivalent
Corporal

Lance-corporal
Able Rating
Lance-corporal

Private
Ordinary Rating
Aircraftman

9. (Lowest Rank))
Recruit
Trainee
Recruit

NOTE: means 1-star General (e.g. Brigadier is a one-Star General), means
5-Star General (Field Marshal)

GOD BLESS THE NIGERIAN ARMY AND THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Know The Officer Ranking Of The Nigerian Army by Beesluv: 6:57am On Jan 24, 2015
Thanks
Re: Know The Officer Ranking Of The Nigerian Army by ProfGday(m): 7:00am On Jan 24, 2015
Beesluv:
Thanks
you're warmly welcome.
Re: Know The Officer Ranking Of The Nigerian Army by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 24, 2015
Very informative, God bless u
Re: Know The Officer Ranking Of The Nigerian Army by thegoodone2(m): 7:30am On Jan 24, 2015
good
Re: Know The Officer Ranking Of The Nigerian Army by Beesluv: 7:31am On Jan 24, 2015
But why are they in 2 sections?
Re: Know The Officer Ranking Of The Nigerian Army by AgreatMan: 8:48am On Jan 24, 2015
there is actually a higher rank after d WO1 4 non-commissioned army officers. they call it:RSM - Resident Sergeant Major. There r lk d 'fada' of every non-commissioned army officer.

u might confirm tho.

1 Like

Re: Know The Officer Ranking Of The Nigerian Army by ProfGday(m): 12:48pm On Jan 24, 2015
AgreatMan:
there is actually a higher rank after d WO1 4 non-commissioned army officers. they call it:RSM - Resident Sergeant Major. There r lk d 'fada' of every non-commissioned army officer.

u might confirm tho.
Regiment Sergeant Major:got to know this during my NYSC days...God bless Nigerian Army.

1 Like

Re: Know The Officer Ranking Of The Nigerian Army by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 27, 2015
RSM (Regimental Sergeant Major) is not a rank but an appointment.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Know The Officer Ranking Of The Nigerian Army by dskenky(m): 1:14pm On Aug 07, 2015
Please does anyone know about the Nigerian Legion and how to become a member...? I would be very grateful if someone can furnish me with the requisite information. Thank you and Godbless.
Re: Know The Officer Ranking Of The Nigerian Army by IdeeEsperanza(m): 11:19pm On Nov 29, 2015
...and this didn't make the front page? These mods sef. embarassed
Re: Know The Officer Ranking Of The Nigerian Army by alayebamba(m): 4:26pm On Dec 01, 2015
Wat of police na?
Re: Know The Officer Ranking Of The Nigerian Army by falcon01: 12:33pm On Dec 23, 2015
goid
Re: Know The Officer Ranking Of The Nigerian Army by falcon01: 12:34pm On Dec 23, 2015
good
Re: Know The Officer Ranking Of The Nigerian Army by ultrazone(m): 9:46pm On Apr 11, 2016
mm

1 Like

Re: Know The Officer Ranking Of The Nigerian Army by dskenky(m): 2:34pm On May 05, 2016
Please does anyone know about the Nigerian Legion CORPS of Commissionaires and how to become a member...?
I would be very grateful if someone can furnish me with the requisite information about their activities. Thank you and Godbless.
Re: Know The Officer Ranking Of The Nigerian Army by doyinbaby(f): 5:23pm On May 11, 2017
Doesn't any one know chances of carrier progression for non commissioned officer in navy

(1) (Reply)

What My Younger Brother Did With Car Tires (Photos) / Nigerian Police Salary Structure – How NPF Pay Officers / Nigeria University Lecturers' Salaries: How Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.