Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,110 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Mbu Promises To Reply APC At Appropriate Time - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mbu Promises To Reply APC At Appropriate Time (948 Views)

Chief Of Army Staff's Representative Discredits Rivers APC At The Tribunal / I Will Speak At The Appropriate Time - President Jonathan / APC's Tweets Of Obasanjo Blasting Jonathan, Endorses APC At All Levels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mbu Promises To Reply APC At Appropriate Time by okiezman(m): 9:22am On Jan 24, 2015
Mr Joseph Mbu, the outgoing Assistant Inspector General of Police for  Zone 7, yesterday promised to respond to allegations by the All Progressives Congress (APC) that he was deployed to Zone 2 for a political hatchet job, at the appropriate time.

Mbu made the remark in Abuja while reacting to questions during an interaction with newsmen.

Zone 2 comprises Lagos and Ogun states.

27 AIGs were redeployed to other zones, departments and formations across the country.

He said: “I reserve my comment on the spurious allegation by the APC in Lagos State; I will not say the APC in general.

“At the appropriate time, I will respond to this allegation.

“I am not going to Lagos to fight, but I will not tolerate lawlessness.”

Mbu also dismissed insinuation that he is a controversial officer, saying “I am not controversial.”

“I love my job; I am very proud of my job and I do my job very well. I am not afraid of anybody in the execution of my job.

“Anywhere I go, I am not a politician.The enemy of  a  governor or minister  is not my enemy. The enemy of anybody is not my enemy.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/mbu-promises-reply-apc-appropriate-time/

1 Like

Re: Mbu Promises To Reply APC At Appropriate Time by ishiamu(m): 9:25am On Jan 24, 2015
I love this man he will reply the janjanweeds when the time is right....
Re: Mbu Promises To Reply APC At Appropriate Time by Niwdog(m): 9:29am On Jan 24, 2015
Mbu is a no nonsense police officer
He says' and i quote
"the enemy of a governor or minister is not my enemy"
Ameachi you gat that?

1 Like

Re: Mbu Promises To Reply APC At Appropriate Time by Change2015(m): 9:32am On Jan 24, 2015
Mbu is a fool, and if he doesn't see retirement this year... That kind of public servant cannot be tolerated in a Buhari government. He even stole the carpet from his official accommodation in Rivers. Cheap and shameless.

http://www.punchng.com/news/you-are-a-womans-puppet-amaechi-replies-mbu/
You are a woman’s puppet, Amaechi replies Mbu
September 16, 2014 by Our correspondent

Rivers State Governor, Mr.Rotimi Amaechi, had described the former Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr. Joseph Mbu, as a puppet of a woman, who has continued to glorify himself for his controversial tenure in the state.

Amaechi said this in a statement by his Chief press Secretary, Mr. David Iyofor, on Tuesday while reacting to a comment by Mbu that as a lion, he tamed “the tamed the leopard of Port Harcourt” while he was the Rivers State Commissioner of Police.

Apparently referring to Amaechi as the ‘leopard’ whom he tamed as a ‘lion’, the controversial police officer, who was recently promoted as an Assistant Inspector General of Police, said it took a lion to tame a leopard.

Mbu said this while handing over to the FCT Commissioner of Police, Wilson Inalegwu, on Monday in Abuja.

Amaechi however noted that instead of the AIG describing himself as a lion, he would be better be known as “a puppet, who completely lacks the steel and strength of character of a lion, and is rather a shameless puppet and toothless attack dog of a woman.”

The governor added, “Indeed, it’s very sad, pathetic, however ironic that Mbu called himself a lion. Which lion? This character call Mbu Joseph Mbu completely lacks the courage, steel and strength of character of a lion. This is a man paid by taxpayers to protect, secure and serve the interests of the people. But when he was in Rivers State, he spurned the people; trampled on the masses and rather elected to be the partisan servant of one woman, to be the woman’s tool in causing disaffection, confusion and crises in Rivers State.

“Mbu shamelessly turned himself into the toothless attack dog of this woman to fight the government and people of Rivers State.”

“How can a man, who has no strength of character to be himself, be a man and stand up to a woman, a man who willingly submits himself to serve as the puppet of a woman, call himself a lion? How ironic! Mr. Mbu, no lion behaves like that! He is a shame to the Nigerian Police Force.”

Amaechi explained that Mbu epitomised everything that was wrong with the police in Nigeria, alleging that the former state CP “not only disobeyed the Inspector General of Police during his time in Rivers State but also clearly acted lawlessly, like a man who is above the law and in fact, turned himself into the law.”

The governor said, “All these, Mbu did because he was the puppet of one woman, a woman who clearly has no constitutional role to play in the governance of Rivers State or Nigeria. Mbu’s only claim to fame and prominence is because he has turned himself into a willing tool and servant of this woman.”

Amaechi further alleged that when the former Rivers police commissioner finally left the state, he disobeyed the instruction of the Inspector General of Police to pack out of his official residence in Rivers State.

#change
#GMB
#APC

1 Like

Re: Mbu Promises To Reply APC At Appropriate Time by WisdomFlakes: 9:33am On Jan 24, 2015
This is Lagos o, not Rivers where he can pull all that partisan rubbish stunt he did with Amaechi.

He better recognize.
Re: Mbu Promises To Reply APC At Appropriate Time by ba7man(m): 9:58am On Jan 24, 2015
Lagos is not PH. Everyone is waiting for Mbu to try his trash before running him out.
Re: Mbu Promises To Reply APC At Appropriate Time by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 24, 2015
ba7man:
Lagos is not PH. Everyone is waiting for Mbu to try his trash before running him out.

MY FRIEND GO AND SIT DOWN. WHAT STAKE DO YOU HAVE IN LAGOS?
IGBOS ALONE HAVE ATLEAST 60% STAKE IN LAGOS SO WHATS YOUR POINT?

MBU SHOULD NOT DO HIS WORK BECAUSE HE IS POSTED TO LAGOS? WHERE IS TINUBU'S DRUG CARTEL AFRAID OF MBU?

MBU CARRY ON, NO SHAKING BECAUSE THE PEOPLE YOU POSTED TO ARE COWARDS. I WISH THE YORUBAS WILL ENGAGE THE IGBOS IN A WAR IN LAGOS TO END ALL THESE THINGS.

4 Likes

Re: Mbu Promises To Reply APC At Appropriate Time by FKO81(m): 10:32am On Jan 24, 2015
ba7man:

Rivers are more brutal than Lagosians

Rivers state: Militancy, deadly cult group, kidnapping, etc

Lagos state: Agbero, Omonile
When you talk of political thugs Rivers are more ferocious than Lagos.

Controversial Mbu is in town to cage Tinubu that is why Lagos APC are panicking

1 Like

Re: Mbu Promises To Reply APC At Appropriate Time by ba7man(m): 10:34am On Jan 24, 2015
masterpower:

MY FRIEND GO AND SIT DOWN. WHAT STAKE DO YOU HAVE IN LAGOS?
IGBOS ALONE HAVE ATLEAST 60% STAKE IN LAGOS SO WHATS YOUR POINT?

MBU SHOULD NOT DO HIS WORK BECAUSE HE IS POSTED TO LAGOS? WHERE IS TINUBU'S DRUG CARTEL AFRAID OF MBU?

MBU CARRY ON, NO SHAKING BECAUSE THE PEOPLE YOU POSTED TO ARE COWARDS. I WISH THE YORUBAS WILL ENGAGE THE IGBOS IN A WAR IN LAGOS TO END ALL THESE THINGS.
Children just mention "War" as if its their mummy and daddy fighting at home.

1 Like

Re: Mbu Promises To Reply APC At Appropriate Time by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 24, 2015
ba7man:

what will they do?

Kill him?

1 Like

Re: Mbu Promises To Reply APC At Appropriate Time by ba7man(m): 10:46am On Jan 24, 2015
FKO81:

Rivers are more brutal than Lagosians

Rivers state: Militancy, deadly cult group, kidnapping, etc

Lagos state: Agbero, Omonile
When you talk of political thugs Rivers are more ferocious than Lagos.

Controversial Mbu is in town to cage Tinubu that is why Lagos APC are panicking
You think its paid street thugs that will deal with Mbu??

Do you know how many influential Nigerians and foreigners with interest in Lagos that can have him relocated to Borno with just a phone call??

The best GEJ will do is negotiate.
Re: Mbu Promises To Reply APC At Appropriate Time by fitzmayowa: 10:59am On Jan 24, 2015
Mbu should go ahead and his job to the best of his knowledge and according to what the law permits and leave all this distractions flying around by the opposition...

If the opposition has an issue with mbu, they should take him to court...
Re: Mbu Promises To Reply APC At Appropriate Time by FKO81(m): 11:01am On Jan 24, 2015
ba7man:
You think its paid street thugs that will deal with Mbu??

Do you know how many influential Nigerians and foreigners with interest in Lagos that can have him relocated to Borno with just a phone call??

The best GEJ will do is negotiate.
Mbu is on his way to Eko, those influential men should make the call now, if I may ask who will they call? Mbu is not here to fight Lagosians or foreigners, but to maintain law and order and to cage election riggers.
Re: Mbu Promises To Reply APC At Appropriate Time by ba7man(m): 11:40am On Jan 24, 2015
FKO81:

Mbu is on his way to Eko, those influential men should make the call now, if I may ask who will they call? Mbu is not here to fight Lagosians or foreigners, but to maintain law and order and to cage election riggers.
like he did in Rivers State, abi?

He has been given the warning, I'm sure there are people already telling him the same thing.

(1) (Reply)

Hausa Language Was Not Offered In 1961- Unilorin Education Prof. Adeyinka / Where To Get My Permanent Voters Card / On President Goodluck Jonathan’s Visit To Canaanland Ota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.