Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Are We Really The Leaders Of Tomorrow? Or Our Teachers Lied To Us ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are We Really The Leaders Of Tomorrow? Or Our Teachers Lied To Us ? (1323 Views)

Recall Of Suspended Judges: NJC Fires Back, Says Presidency Lied To Nigerians / Sowore, Sahara Reporters Publisher Lied To Us —lagos Police Boss / Pastors, Yoruba Kings Lied To Jonathan — Okogie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are We Really The Leaders Of Tomorrow? Or Our Teachers Lied To Us ? by Fyzt: 12:13pm On Jan 24, 2015
“I was 4 years old when Buhari became the Head of State and I am now 35 and he still want to be Head of State. I don’t understand that. I don’t understand that at all and I call on the young people of Nigeria to take their future into their hands and ensure that in the next election, they vote for a new generation of leaders.
I remember travelling to my home town with my Grandma as a child and seeing written on luxurious buses we would pass on the way the following inscription ‘The Young Shall Grow’. I vividly recall asking my Grandmum what it meant and she told me that that meant that young people like me would grow up and replace old people in all spheres of leadership. I asked my Grandma if that meant I would become The president like Buhari when i grow up .
Likewise our Teacher told us we were the Leaders of Tomorrow Then, 31 Years later, Buhari is still Contesting for another President. Should i say that our Teachers Lied to us or Tomorrow has not yet come?

If youths were leaders of tomorrow in 1983 after General Muhammadu Buhari seized power from the democratically elected government of Shehu Shagari, if youths were still leaders of tomorrow when General Abacha invited General Buhari to head the Petroleum Trust Fund in 1995, if youths were the leaders of tomorrow in 2015 General Buhari still contesting for the Presidency,Since i wa born, I habe been hearing same name over and over again and now My 4 Years old daughter asking me "who are the leaders of tomorrow ?"

We must put the future of the country at heart and give way to a new generation of leadership.

1 Like

Re: Are We Really The Leaders Of Tomorrow? Or Our Teachers Lied To Us ? by x6blade(m): 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2015
My teacher can spread mat for africa grin *spreads mat*
Re: Are We Really The Leaders Of Tomorrow? Or Our Teachers Lied To Us ? by Poindexter: 12:20pm On Jan 24, 2015
Sometimes, I wonder...!
The generation x who have dominated leadership from time immemorial have given our generation every reason to be failures.

But the question remains; despite our awareness and education, why are we still letting them ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Really The Leaders Of Tomorrow? Or Our Teachers Lied To Us ? by fijiano202(m): 12:22pm On Jan 24, 2015
the only good thing abt ur post is Buhari cute pic of 1984......

So because ur teachers quote bacame a lie, should we keep following a weak president who has failed the citizens....
I wish there was another credible candidate but there isn't so we have to make do with what we have.....GEJ has failed us...we need a change irrespective of who the change is coming from
Re: Are We Really The Leaders Of Tomorrow? Or Our Teachers Lied To Us ? by fijiano202(m): 12:25pm On Jan 24, 2015
Poindexter:
Sometimes, I wonder...!
The generation x who have dominated leadership from time immemorial have given our generation every reason to be failures.

But the question remains; despite our awareness and education, why are we still letting them ?
the youths are the greatest undoing of themselves...we need to stop blaming this old cargo's and build our futures ourselves

1 Like

Re: Are We Really The Leaders Of Tomorrow? Or Our Teachers Lied To Us ? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 24, 2015
fijiano202:
the only good thing abt ur post is Buhari cute pic of 1984......

So because ur teachers quote bacame a lie, should we keep following a weak president who has failed the citizens....
I wish there was another credible candidate but there isn't so we have to make do with what we have.....GEJ has failed us...we need a change irrespective of who the change is coming from
we have @ least 10 other aspirants.. sample them and choice wisely

1 Like

Re: Are We Really The Leaders Of Tomorrow? Or Our Teachers Lied To Us ? by fijiano202(m): 12:34pm On Jan 24, 2015
shikaan:
we have @ least 10 other aspirants.. sample them and choice wisely
my vote alone won't change things but am voting for someone else rather than this 2
Re: Are We Really The Leaders Of Tomorrow? Or Our Teachers Lied To Us ? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 24, 2015
How exactly can the youths lead, when we don't have sense..

I heard over 65percent of voters in Nigeria are Youths...Yet the Youths don't have sense.
Pre and Post election violence are they not carried out by Youths??
After the winner of the election is declared, do you expect Buhari or GEJ to do the killings and the bombings? Is it not still the youths??

All these melu-melu shouting 'Sai Buhari' and those screaming 'GoodluckTillWeDie' all over Nairaland...are they not youths??

I pity the Nigerian Youth, because tomorrow will never come..

1 Like

Re: Are We Really The Leaders Of Tomorrow? Or Our Teachers Lied To Us ? by Poindexter: 12:40pm On Jan 24, 2015
It takes inspirational and purposive leadership to bring about wholesome and impactful transformation of a people.

A team only has one batton in a relay race.

Without a conducive environment, entrepreneurship hardly thrive. Are you aware that most startups pack up in their first 5years?
fijiano202:
the youths are the greatest undoing of themselves...we need to stop blaming this old cargo's and build our futures ourselves
Re: Are We Really The Leaders Of Tomorrow? Or Our Teachers Lied To Us ? by fijiano202(m): 12:48pm On Jan 24, 2015
Poindexter:
It takes inspirational and purposive leadership to bring about wholesome and impactful transformation of a people.

A team only has one batton in a relay race.

Without a conducive environment, entrepreneurship hardly thrive. Are you aware that most startups pack up in their first 5years?
I strongly support ur point abt purposive leadership but the current youth are so much devout to crump's from the corrupt politicians they hardly think of the change and impact they could make to change the situation of the country....likes of NANs,various schools SUGs are only interested in what they can gain individually not what benefits their fellow youths
Re: Are We Really The Leaders Of Tomorrow? Or Our Teachers Lied To Us ? by hopeforcharles(m): 12:54pm On Jan 24, 2015
Hahahahaha somebody lied.
Re: Are We Really The Leaders Of Tomorrow? Or Our Teachers Lied To Us ? by Poindexter: 1:16pm On Jan 24, 2015
Its rather unfortunate I tell you.
But, for things to get better, it must start from the head.

You don't sack a whole team for poor results, its the coach and his crew that gets the most knocks and it works most of the time!

fijiano202:
I strongly support ur point abt purposive leadership but the current youth are so much devout to crump's from the corrupt politicians they hardly think of the change and impact they could make to change the situation of the country....likes of NANs,various schools SUGs are only interested in what they can gain individually not what benefits their fellow youths
Re: Are We Really The Leaders Of Tomorrow? Or Our Teachers Lied To Us ? by jamace(m): 7:32pm On Jan 24, 2015
OP, you are on point.
I pity youths who want to sell their time for aged and worn out grand papa who is out of tune with present reality.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

You Can't Be President Of A United Nigeria Shehu Shagari To Buhari / Buhari Is Stronger Than Fayose - Gov. Amosun / APC To Approve Buhari Ministerial List, Read How Members Of Сabinet Will Emerge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.