Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... (13903 Views)

Nigerian Guy Shows His Cooking Skills: Says "Forget About The Big Boy Things" / Some Funny Cooking Practices Done By People / Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by oghalesluv(m): 10:02pm On Feb 05, 2015
It make me remember in those days when na only me dey house others go for church programme me suppose go but be me get exams to rite i suppose to be in J2 then. So my aunt say make i cook food when i go eat i say yes. That faithful dey i come decide to cook fry soup(egusi) as i don cook almost to done, i remember say i no put potash . Any way i enjoy it sha

part 2 is still loading...

1 Like

Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by balash(m): 10:23am On Feb 06, 2015
Mine Was a disaster, I grewup in festac somewhere around 21rd and then tantalizers just opened and that was the talk of the moment, I lived with my Dad only and siblings, we have this very disciplined childhood I can't just say because I have money then I go buy soft drink who born me well.

Though we have an average wealthy father he can buy anything for his kids but he is very cautious of what we take, we hardly take soft drinks because of the sugar intakes and most eatery meals aare a no go area since the day he heard hot dogs are sold in tantalizers and he felt we mmight go eat anything with dog flavours or pork so its a no no so I just walk by tantalizers and reminisce on when I will go in and eat to my fills, then the day came my elder sister been a university undergraduate came back with delicacies from tantalizers and I was given vegetable salad I took a spoonful and it was very cold been exposed to cooking meals at a very young stage I walked straiaght to the kitchen and put the vegetabble salad in the pot and straight on the stove to warm it. It was a disaster my sisters laughed me and told Dad he was like u want to embarrass me Adebowale oya every friday u and ur jnr brother will go take meals in tantalizers. He did it for just some weeks and forgot lol.

But it was really an embarrassment but no be my fault na, I no knw say salad no dey hot lol

1 Like

Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by elantraceey(f): 10:26am On Feb 06, 2015
balash:
Mine Was a disaster, I grewup in festac somewhere around 21rd and then tantalizers just opened and that was the talk of the moment, I lived with my Dad only and siblings, we have this very disciplined childhood I can't just say because I have money then I go buy soft drink who born me well.

Though we have an average wealthy father he can buy anything for his kids but he is very cautious of what we take, we hardly take soft drinks because of the sugar intakes and most eatery meals aare a no go area since the day he heard hot dogs are sold in tantalizers and he felt we mmight go eat anything with dog flavours or pork so its a no no so I just walk by tantalizers and reminisce on when I will go in and eat to my fills, then the day came my elder sister been a university undergraduate came back with delicacies from tantalizers and I was given vegetable salad I took a spoonful and it was very cold been exposed to cooking meals at a very young stage I walked straiaght to the kitchen and put the vegetabble salad in the pot and straight on the stove to warm it. It was a disaster my sisters laughed me and told Dad he was like u want to embarrass me Adebowale oya every friday u and ur jnr brother will go take meals in tantalizers. He did it for just some weeks and forgot lol.

But it was really an embarrassment but no be my fault na, I no knw say salad no dey hot lol

lmaoooo grin grin

Did you still eat the hot salad grin
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by balash(m): 10:34am On Feb 06, 2015
I eat am like that O! Lol it was doing like okro for mouth but I wonnt want my first taste of Saalad go down the drain.

No be today back then in university we dey cook soup with electric cooker for unilorin and if nepa take light when we just added fish and maggi I dey eat am like that O lmao! Though most times I frequent toilet till next morning that one no say I won't do it again lol

1 Like

Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by elantraceey(f): 10:37am On Feb 06, 2015
balash:
I eat am like that O! Lol it was doing like okro for mouth but I wonnt want my first taste of Saalad go down the drain.

No be today back then in university we dey cook soup with electric cooker for unilorin and if nepa take light when we just added fish and maggi I dey eat am like that O lmao! Though most times I frequent toilet till next morning that one no say I won't do it again lol

lol , guys , you people can eat anything grin grin
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by izaray(f): 3:07pm On Feb 06, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
hahaha
Nice thread

Mine happened just last two weeks, I used this Nescafe bottle to put my "grounded crayfish".

So, that faithful evening I was cooking afang soup...inshort I was done....but I felt the crayfish wasn't enough...as I wanted to go get the crayfish - they took light.
I grabbed a Nescafe bottle actually containing coffee, poured generously into my soup. grin

Just as I wanted to stir, the Holy spirit ministered to me, I ran to get a torch light...you know the rest na.

I had to scoop out the top (of the soup).
So u kno how to prepare afang soup? Dat's my favorite soup, exception of white soup
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by dre11(m): 2:12pm On Feb 16, 2015
Poured 7up to rice I was cooking when it was nearly done and the water level has gone down.

the 7up drink was inside a cup which I though its was water
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by fightforchange1(f): 4:36am On Feb 17, 2015
Burning myself music cooking tilapia (my all time fave) with oil...
Or frying chicken....
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by elantraceey(f): 7:57pm On Feb 17, 2015
dre11:
Poured 7up to rice I was cooking when it was nearly done and the water level has gone down.

the 7up drink was inside a cup which I though its was water

Hian!! The rice must have been very sweet
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by Nobody: 12:53am On Mar 20, 2015
I remember the first Amala I made

My mum was not at home and as a big sister, I had to feed my brothers.

Long story short, I threw away the first pot and on the second one I fared a little bit. My brothers complained on every mouthful.

When my mum came back I had to lie that it was my first trial that we managed to eat.

It took me a couple of months before I perfected my Amala. I still hate having to make morsel foods except Eba. It takes forever to be soft and fine

1 Like

Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by sunryzb: 1:35am On Mar 20, 2015
Mine was the first time I did semovita....I wanted to use the method on d pack...so I boiled excess water and added my semo dry...the semo ended up as pap with koko cos I had used all the semi in d pack ....twasnt funny cos we all ended up with EBA...

1 Like

Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by urchbarbie(f): 6:13pm On Mar 20, 2015
The first time i cooked was when i was 13: i have 2elder sis who shared d cooking. That day i gree die for mum say i must cook. She let me. It was jollofrice. Hmmm. I kept feeling cool dat day, dat i stirred d meal everytime i opened d pot. Served d meal for mum, she then asked me why it was looking like eba. I said i dont knw o. Forgetting dis na kitchen wiz. She now said nxt time, dont stir jollof rice till d water is dry. I cant forget dat instruction.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
elantraceey:
Here's a thread for our cooks cheesy [ladies and gents], Don't feel shy mistakes happens once in a while wink

Here's mine grin

One this very beautiful day i just returned from school then my mummy sent me immediately to the kitchen , with the anger on my face i staggared to kitchen , normally it's way i cook bean : The fast and the normal tongue . The fast way , i just put the beans on fire with all the necessary ingredients excluding oil and pepper of course while the normal way is just to put the bean with just potash and onions and allow the heat do it job so on this beautiful day i adopted my fast method and pour in all my ingredients with my supposed cryfish(grounded, you'll find out why it's supposed soon ), came back latter saw it was cooked added pepper and oil and that was it . Minutes later my cousin came in and as usual her first point of call was the kichen , when she heard i cooked beans she was overjoyed saying that she haven't eaten beans in while and she knows my beans is always special. As she served herself she noticed the beans was slimy then she called out to me laughing * Tracey why your beans dey draw?* I replied * maybe na the beans hand , if you nor wan chop commot there* . She said she couldn't eat it and opted bread , my siblings served themselves and atr though they asked the same question (you know children can eat anything ) till my mum decided to see the food everyone was complaining about (all this while i didn't even get close to the pot) , after checking she called me and asked me show her the crayfish i put in it, i went to the cupboard and it was then i noticed there was two look alike items in look alike containers but i knew the one i took from ,collected it and went to show her, immediately she opened it she burst into laughter and then said *so na ogbono you take cook beans? * in our dialet , i was shocked then i took it from her and checked it , til date i still wonder how come i didn't notice it at first , i was called ogbono beans for that whole week and till date my mum still use it to yab me any day she remembers sad

Oya over to you grin
Lol, I have a similar experience. I once added obono to indomie I was cooking instead of crayfish. Nobody need to tell me, I quickly eliminated it before anyone noticed

1 Like

Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by Kemmy210(f): 10:20pm On Apr 05, 2015
I was asked 2fry fish by my mum,I firstly boil it,when my mum wasn't hearing d sound of oil,she came 2d kitchen 2check me,she asked me dat how far with d fish she asked me 2fry,I pointed 2it on fire,she opened it&exclaimed,dat was wen I came back 2my senses dat it was fish&not meat.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by saiprojects(f): 2:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
Happy Easter Monday nairalanders; enjoy an amazing omelette recipre here:- http://saiprojectscooking..co.uk/2015/04/vegetable-fritata-italian.html

Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by bassette(m): 8:07am On Apr 10, 2015
adding curry thyme n maggi to noodles...dunno if thats a mistake or a cooking style hehehe..ladies u be d judge grin
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by morgann(f): 10:45am On Apr 20, 2015
HFOG:

Me too. In fact me three. My own too much. Once that salt was too much in the egg my father asked me when we started selling salt at home. Another time my Mum asked if I put salt into the rice or rice into salt. Me and salt ehn. God's delivered me now sha. I don marry so I no get option.
I had one of those days it started with the eggs and ended with the rice I think I was sick because I couldn't taste anything, I mean the eggs tasted a bit salty but it didn't seem like a cause for alarm but she kept complaining about the salt content. The rice on the other hand tasted perfectly normal to me but she still said that one had too much salt I had to beg her to to eat the food i cooked at home and not go anywhere so no one would taste the food. it would have been so embarrassing. Salt wahala nor be new thing for me but it's usually cause it's too small not too much. That days was just not funny.
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by pinkhill(f): 1:33pm On Apr 20, 2015
grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked
onuwaje:
1- adding salt to indomie
2- adding sugar to beans cos d salt was too much

3.adding groundnut oil to Egusi soup to make d soup 'shine'

Ore loading

1 Like

Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by pinkhill(f): 1:42pm On Apr 20, 2015
confession

back then in school, i cooked beans and added all the necessary ingredients except pepper...i felt so irritated while trying to consume my mistake

then,while i was growing up, being the only female na me dey cook lunch after church and i will have to still do salon hunt so as to make my hair for school...na so i cook rice without salt and it was going to be served with egusi soup..chai my brothers refused to eat it...thank God the salon hunt was my only chance to escape....
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by onuwaje(m): 5:01pm On Apr 20, 2015
pinkhill:
grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked
Did I kill person
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by virus04(m): 11:40pm On Jun 06, 2015
mehn..me i use kerosene drink garri by mistake o..because d water gallon nd d kerosene gallon looks d same..but d kerosene was not where it was supposed to be den..so i tink say na water..and all my sugar come finish.. :/
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by elantraceey(f): 7:25am On Jun 07, 2015
virus04:
mehn..me i use kerosene drink garri by mistake o..because d water gallon nd d kerosene gallon looks d same..but d kerosene was not where it was supposed to be den..so i tink say na water..and all my sugar come finish.. :/

Ewo , hope it didn't affect you o?
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 25, 2017
hahaha
Nice thread

Mine happened just last two weeks, I used this Nescafe bottle to put my "grounded crayfish".

So, that faithful evening I was cooking afang soup...inshort I was done....but I felt the crayfish wasn't enough...as I wanted to go get the crayfish - they took light.
I grabbed a Nescafe bottle actually containing coffee, poured generously into my soup. grin

Just as I wanted to stir, the Holy spirit ministered to me, I ran to get a torch light...you know the rest na.

I had to scoop out the top (of the soup).
Your own name too na NESCAFE-SOUP.
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by shilz(f): 3:16pm On Jan 26, 2017
1dafullymade:
^^^ groundnut oil beans is very delicious. aszin very very delicious....
u should try baking fat,its very nice too

1 Like

Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by 1dafullymade(f): 8:19am On Jan 27, 2017
shilz:
u should try baking fat,its very nice too
alright, will try it some day. thanks
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by Jtmanager(m): 11:19pm On Feb 02, 2017
hahahahahahaha

elantraceey:
so na ogbono you take cook beans? * in our dialet , i was shocked
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by tonyfran: 8:47pm On Feb 05, 2017
I was cooking rice, i mistakenly put klin thinking it was mr chef salt. It was at night though, was cooking with candle. Someone kept the detergent in the same cupboard where the salt was. I felt bad. Washed the rice severally, but the taste won't go away.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by elantraceey(f): 10:46am On Feb 06, 2017
tonyfran:
I was cooking rice, i mistakenly put klin thinking it was mr chef salt. It was at night though, was cooking with candle. Someone kept the detergent in the same cupboard where the salt was. I felt bad. Washed the rice severally, but the taste won't go away.

oh no, hope you didn't eat it?
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by tonyfran: 5:02pm On Feb 06, 2017
elantraceey:

oh no, hope you didn't eat it?
No, i threw the rice away. 2 derica

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Indomie, Chikki Or O! Noodles: Which One Tastes Best? / Why Igbos Dey Fear Amala? / I Ate Fufu For The First Time!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.